- Text Size +
"Alright! Alright! I'm ready for the night to begin. You may start the movie now." Brian clapped his hands as he rushed for the couch.

"Brian you need serious help." Mina laughed.

"Mina this isn't news." Alex smirked as he plopped on the couch next to Brian.

"Okay so where's the pizza and popcorn?" Kevin asked as he was about to pop in the first movie.

"Here comes the popcorn!" Howie announced as he walked into the living room with two large bowls of freshly popped popcorn.

"And the pizza should be here soon." Mina smiled.

Howie set the bowls on the coffee table and then sat in a chair. Mina was about to take a seat when the door bell rang "That must be the pizza." She got up and went to the door. She stopped at the screen door, her smile leaving her face.

"Hey."

"Hey." She replied still not letting him in.

"Um, Kevin invited me. Is it okay with you that I’m here? I mean, I'll leave if you don't want me to be here. I wouldn't want to ruin your evening."

"Nick, if my brother invited you then you have every right to be here." She opened the door.

He walked passed her and stopped, he looked down at her, "Can we talk?"

Mina stared into his incredible blue eyes, "About?"

"Us." He answered as he stepped back outside. She stood there contemplating if she actually wanted to waste her time. She took a deep breath and then followed him out the door.

Nick leaned up against the porch railing one foot on the first step as the other foot rested on the second step. Mina stood across from him "So, talk."

"Why are you so angry with me?"

"Why do you really care?" she snapped back.

"Damn.. You really have some issues girl. You love to push people away don't you?" Nick called her out.

"Excuse me? Don't go acting like you know me Nick Carter. Because you clearly don't."

Alex got up to see what was keeping Mina. He stood in front of the screen door watching and listening to Mina argue with Nick, he knows he should walk away, but he couldn’t. "Is there a problem Mina?" Alex made his presence known as he stared down his enemy Nick.

"No, Alex there's no problem. I think Nick was on his way home." She began to head for the door.

"Mina?" Nick stopped her.

"What?" she didn't look at him.

"We really need to finish this." He spoke softly. Alex looked at the two of them, brow creased.

"Fine." She answered then looked up at Alex, "I'll be fine AJ."

Alex sighed and walked back into the living room, now with a permanent frown and that nasty bad mood. He slumped on the floor near the couch and pretended to be watching the movie.

"I'm sorry if I stepped over some invisible line with you Mina. But, you don't make it easy on a guy. I never know where I stand with you. One minute I feel we're getting along great, the next thing I know I'm having to defend myself."

"I'm sorry, my presence makes your life so difficult."

"Stop that. Stop with the defense. I'm not here to hurt you in anyway. I just want to have the chance to get to know you." Nick got closer to her.

"When did you all of a sudden become so open? It's not like you've given me any chance to get to know YOU Nick. So, why should I be so open to letting you get to know me? Nick, I've only known these four young men all my life. You come strolling into our world and I'm supposed to just trust you? I'm sorry it doesn't work that way."

"I don't expect you to trust me. Not yet. But, at least give me a chance.. All I want is a chance." He spoke soft and slow.

"I don't know if I want another bad boy in my life Nick. I've had enough worries I don't need one more person to be added to the list."

"I'm not a bad boy Mina. I'm not here to bring more trouble."

She laughed "Nick, Hun, trouble is all over you. You drive into town in your fancy street rod, meet my brother and give him new ideas of how to put his life into danger. You're trouble whether you know it or not."

"Are you still mad about the NASCAR thing?"

"No, I'm scared. Not mad." she looked down at the ground.

He reached out to touch her hand that was fighting with her other hand. She dropped both her hands to be free for him to grab. Nick took her right hand and pulled her down to take a seat on the porch. They sat close as he never let go of her hand, he held it tight, "Scared about what?"

"About Kevin, getting involved with more dangerous racing. Like that NASCAR business. I'm terrified he'll never stop street racing all together. And I'm scared that I'm falling for you."

Nick didn't respond, he couldn't, he wasn't sure if the last sentence was really what he heard or if it was just a trick his ears were playing on him.

A car pulled up to the curb, Mina looked up and noticed, "Pizza's here." She stood up and walked to meet the pizza guy. She gave him the money and took the two large pizza's. Mina walked up the sidewalk, up the porch passing Nick. As she opened the door she asked, "Are you coming?"

Nick shook his head quickly trying to clear his mind. "Yeah, Yeah I'm coming." he got up and followed her.

***

"What took you so long?" Brian asked as the two rounded the corner. "I've been starving in here."

"Brian my dear, you could use some starvation." Mina smirked as she dropped the two pizza boxes on the coffee table.

"I'm offended." Brian played hurt.

"And I'm thrilled." She smiled before laughing.

"Alright you two, some people are actually trying to watch the movie." Howie chuckled.

"What are we watching? Oh lord, Scarface? You guys are so boring at times." Mina grabbed a slice of pizza before taking a seat on the floor in front of the coffee table.

"Girl, how can you say Scarface is boring? This is a classic gangster movie. Come on, Al Pachino as Tony Montana. This movie is the shit." Kevin raved.

"Good God, I'm so sorry for insulting your movie." She rolled her eyes. In truth she didn’t mind watching the movie, it was one they’ve watched many times, it was almost part of the movie night tradition. She just loved ruffing up feathers.

Nick smirked at her before taking a seat on the floor right next to her, pizza in hand. "You need something to drink? We have beer, soda, kool-aid, juice and water." Mina asked Nick.

"I could use some KOOL-AIIIIID." Brian responded child-like.

Mina looked over her shoulder "Was I asking you?"

"No, But, since you’re getting up." He smiled that trademark grin.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes before looking back at Nick, "Yeah, I could use something to drink. But, I'll get it, no need for you to serve me." He smiled. He stood up and was about to enter the kitchen before looking over his shoulder to ask, "Mina, would you like anything?"

She couldn't help but smile "Um, sure. A Pepsi would be nice."

"Yeah, Me too." Alex responded gruffly.

"Don't forget the Kool-Aid!" Brian added.

Nick laughed, "Wouldn't want to forget that."

***

"Alright, finally that one is over. Why did you have to pic a three hour movie Kevin?" Mina complained as she pulled the video out of the VCR.

"Because it was a good movie. Do you want me to really explain it to you?"

"NO!!" Everyone responded then laughed.

"Okay, what next?" Howie asked from his comfortable recliner.

"How about Lethal Weapon 2?" Mina asked as she held up the tape.

"YEAH! Love That Movie!" Brian bounced.

"Chill, boy." Mina laughed before popping the movie in. She got back in her spot on the floor, lying next to Nick sharing a pillow. She doesn't remember exactly when she got in this position but, she enjoyed feeling him so close.

Alex couldn't enjoy the movie night like usual, he was to busy burning fire rays into the back of Nick's head. He was full of anger and didn't know how much longer he could handle it.