- Text Size +
"So, I take it you don't have your ticket yet." Kevin spoke with annoyance.

"No actually I do, I just decided to get back in line because I've been having so much fun." Mina rolled her eyes.

"Don't get an attitude with me. Don't forget who's paying for your ticket." Kevin snapped back.

"Okay you two chill." Howie hissed and then smiled at the people around them.

"Hey Mina." Alex smiled.

"Hey Alex." She gave a quick smile then turned back to Kevin "So, why the trip to Daytona?" She glared at Nick quickly before giving her attention back to Kevin.

"I told you why."

"Yo Mina, You really want to see these punks in concert?" Brian interrupted while chuckling.

"Yo Brian, you still want to be able to walk?" Mina snapped back.

"Well, then, somebody is a little violent this fine beautiful afternoon.." Brian smirked.

"So, how long do we have to wait for you?" Kevin asked.

"Just give me thirty minutes. Please." Mina begged.

"Fine Mina, But, no more than that." Kevin sighed.

"You look good today." Nick eyed Mina.

"I look good everyday." She smirked.

"Mmm That you do." Nick flirted, he got close to Mina to whisper into her ear.

"I'm gonna go wait at the cars." Alex huffed before walking away.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go hang with AJ. I've had enough teenie bopper moments for a life time." Howie said before following Alex.

"Tell me why! Tell Me Whyyyyy!! I WANT IT THAT WAY!" Brian sang loud while dancing towards Mina. Making her laugh. "Brian you need help."

"Show me the meaning of being lonely, I'll love you More Than That, just quit playing games and promise you'll never break my heart." He sang on no particular tone while dancing with Mina.

"Ohmygod, you are so embarrassing." Mina turned bright red as Kevin, Nick and Kristi laughed as the watched the scene.

"Brian what scares me is you know the music." Nick laughed.

"I don't. I just know the titles because She's drilled them into my poor brain many times." Brian dipped Mina and left her hanging.

"BRIAN! MY BLOOD IS RUSHING TO MY BRAIN!"

"Oh we don't want that." Brian let her drop to the ground before stepping over her.

Mina sat on the ground while giving Brian a dirty look, "You’re a brave little man."

Nick helped Mina up off the ground, she brushed off the back of her shorts still giving Brian the evil eye before she turned to smile at Nick, "Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled back.

"Alright, We're gonna be waiting for you at the car." Kevin announced before dragging Brian with him.

"Thank you." Mina laughed.

"I'll hang here with Mina." Nick smiled.

Mina smiled back at him forgetting why she's been mad at him once again. "You’re not embarrassed to be seen in line for a BSB concert?" she asked.

"Nothing embarrasses me, Especially when I'm with you. Besides they can't be that bad. You like em and all." He smirked.

She just smiled and leaned into him as he placed an arm around her. Her warm blood rushed through her body even hotter then usual just by the presence of him being so close. She hasn't felt that way since... Well, Since Alex and her first got together.

"Nick why did you tell Kevin about Daytona? After you knew it was something I would be so upset with. Is racing all you think about?" She asked in a calm voice.

"I told him because I think he'd love it. And it would take him off the streets and give you less to worry about. I wasn't just thinking about Kevin when I told him. Look Mina, I know you hate racing all together but you’re going to have to realize that your brother loves it like he loves you. He can't just stop. You need to learn to deal and stop worrying about him all the time. You know if you could just allow your brother to do what he loves I think you two would get along a lot better."

"There you go again. Nick stop butting in. From the moment you walked into our lives you've been acting like you know what's best for all of us. YOU DON'T! When Will You Understand THAT!" Mina walked out of line while the people who were around them just stared at Nick who was left standing there.

"WHAT!?" He snapped at those surrounding him. They jumped by the power of his voice then looked anywhere but at him. Nick walked quickly after Mina.

"Yo MINA!" He hollered towards her. She kept walking ignoring him. Nick caught up with her and grabbed her arm, swung her around to look at him, "Don't walk away from me, give me at least that much respect. Don't start a fight then walk away. Your ex-boyfriend Alex maybe a feather weight but, I won't allow you to run over me like that. You have a problem, then tell me, You hate me then hate me. But, don't walk away from me without me being able to say what I want to say." He let go of her arm. She just stared him down. He could tell she was extremely angry.

"Are we going?" Kevin asked from his car, he got both their attention.

"Yeah, we're going." Mina walked away from Nick and crawled into Brian's car. Alex smiled at Nick before getting into the same car. Mina sat in the back-seat full of emotion, arms crossed.

"Great piss her off then leave me stuck with her AND Alex in the same car for an hour." Brian sighed before getting behind the wheel. "I don't know why she just doesn't go ride with Howie." He continued to mumble on.

Alex sat in the passenger seat glancing into the side mirror watching Mina stare out the back-seat window, fuming. Brian started the ignition along with the others, all roaring their engines letting everyone know they were leaving. He pulled out and followed Kevin while Nick and Howie followed him. Brian looked into his review mirror after hitting the interstate to see Mina. "Hey Mina, you okay? Did you get your tickets?" he asked seriously.

"Fine. And No." She said with no feeling, not taking her eyes off the road they drove on.

~Flashback~

She bounced the ball back and forth watching his every move. He didn't take his eyes of the basketball, he moved side to side with her every motion. Sweat dripped off him as she faked him out and turned passed him and made the shot.

"Damn girl, you get me every time."

"Well, bro, you’re not perfect at everything." She spun the ball on one finger.

"One day I'm gonna kick your ass in Basketball and you'll eat your words." He bumped her making the ball fall.

"Yeah well I"m not going to lose any sleep on that one anytime soon." The two siblings began to walk back home.

"You know I missed these late night games when I was in juvi." he bounced the ball as they walked home from the near by park.

"Yeah, I missed them too. Though I did get the chance to work on my game while you were gone." she chuckled.

"Oh that hurt. So, you really mad that I brought a new body into our home?" He changed the subject and got serious.

"Not really. I'm use to you bringing new bodies into our home Kevin. I've grown to love the other two. I'm sure I'll get use to Alex just like I did Howie and Brian."

"Yeah but they don't live with us now. They just spend a lot of time there. If you’re pissed I'm sorry."

She took the bouncing ball from him and dribbled while she walked, "I'm not mad Kevin. Seriously I'm not. I was a little uncomfortable at first. But if you trust him then so do I."

"I trust him."

"Then so do I." She smiled then continued "Though you have had bad taste in friends in the past. Brian being one of them." She laughed to herself.

"Hey what's up with you and Brian?"

"What are you talking about?" She stopped walking.

"Well, before I left you two were always at each others throat. Now, y'all acting like your friends or somethin'. It just weirds me out." Kevin laughed.

Mina began to walk again "Well, we learned something while you were gone."

"What's that?"

"We have a fellow bond. We both adore you even though you tend to annoy us both." She laughed.

"No seriously what made you guys become civil with each other?" He stopped this time curious.

"I don't know. Maybe we both just grew up." She kept walking.

~End Of Flashback~


Mina looked into the review mirror to see Brian glance back at her then back at the road. Alex strongly glaring at the road.

~Flashback~

Mina sat on the front stoop waiting for him to come home even though she knew it wouldn't be tonight. A tear dropped from her eye.

"Hey Mina, what are you doing out here so late?"

Mina looked up to find Brian walking up the dark sidewalk towards her, "What are you doing here Brian?"

"Just taking a walk. You know clearing my mind. Then I saw you sitting out here. Got things on your mind?" He took a seat next to her.

"When did you start caring about what's on my mind?" She got defensive.

"I'm not just your brothers friend Mina. I think of you as a sister. I care about you and worry about you just like he does. I worry more when Kevin isn't around to keep an eye on you. I may act like you get on my nerves and yeah sometimes you do, but, really I'm just giving you shit knowing you can take it." he bumped her shoulder with a smile.

"I may act like I have tough skin but..."

"I know, I know you better then you think I do. And I know Howie is the one you usually talk to and trust. But, I'd like you to feel you can talk to me to. Cause I love you girl."

Mina laughed before wiping her tear, "Brian, You’re crazy."

"Now that we got the facts out of the way. What's bothering you really?" He turned serious again.

"I just hate when Kevin isn't home. Everything feels wrong when he's not here. I just wish he'd stop getting into trouble. All I want is my brother to come home. That's all."

"We all hate it Mina but, truth is Kevin has been trouble from the moment he entered this world."

They both laughed, "I guess you’re right." She laughed more. "But, one day I would really like to have that heart stopping moment when I realize he no longer is looking for trouble."

"Girl, That day will be one I'll have to see. But, really, how boring would our lives be if he didn't bring in the excitement?"

"It'd be peaceful not boring." She stared off .

Brian gave her a hug before getting up to leave, "Hey Brian?" He turned around at the end of the sidewalk "Yeah?"

"Thanks."

He smiled and walked home.

~End of Flashback~


"Mina were here wake up." Alex brought Mina back into the present.

Mina looked out her window with squinted eyes, she saw Kevin's face when he got out of his car, his whole demeanor brightened at the sight of the NASCAR sign. And hers just fell even more.