- Text Size +
As his cell phone rang he looked at the name that read across the screen 'Richardson Garage'. He didn't answer, once again he avoided the call. He needed to get his head back on straight, forget about women and focus back on what was most important. The 10 second run.

Kevin hung up the phone, "Still can't get a hold of him."

"Maybe he left town." Howie gave his two cents.

"Good." Alex said under his breath.

Mina stepped into the garage, "Did you try getting a hold of Nick?" she looked hopeful.

"Yeah, and he's still not home. Sorry Baby girl." Kevin looked at her with remorse.

She frowned and just shrugged before going back into the office. Mina reorganized the shelves, cleaned the office and read two magazines, doing her best to keep her mind off him, and the fact she felt that she was just dumped without a word. Mina had Kevin try calling Nick a few times for her since after she tried so many times she hoped he'd have better luck. No one has been able to get a hold of him in four days. He must be gone.

"Yo Mina, I'm gonna go run to Taco Bell you wanna run with me?" Alex smiled.

"Sure AJ." She put on a fake smile as she followed him out to his car.

"HEY! I want two hard tacos, a Mexican pizza, supreme nachos and a large mt. dew." Brian gave his order.

"Brian I don't want to be anywhere near you after you finish that meal." Mina laughed.

"Just get my order right!" Brian yelled out of the garage as Mina got into the car.

"Did you get Kevin and Howie's order?" She asked Alex as he started the car.

"Yeah lots of tacos." He smiled.

"That's simple enough." she chuckled.

As they drove to the near by fast food joint Alex's cell rang, he clicked open his phone as he sat in line of the drive-thru, "Yeah?"

"AJ, this is Nick. There's a run tonight at 9 sharp the track is at national drive." He hung up.

"Wait.." Alex didn't catch him in time. He looked over at Mina not knowing if he should tell her or not.

"What's up?" she smiled.

"Uh, nothing. Just a race tonight." he fidgeted before rolling up to the intercom.

"Welcome to Taco Bell can I take your order?"

"Yeah I need Eleven tacos, two Mexican pizzas, one nacho supreme. Um, two Mt. Dews, two Dr. Peppers and a Pepsi." Alex gave the order.

The girl went over the order to make sure she heard it all and then told him to pull up to the first window. "You going to the race tonight?" Mina asked.

He looked over at her, "Do you want me to?"

"I'm not your keeper Alex." her response wasn't what Alex wanted to hear.

"I don't know if I'm going. It depends on what Kevin is doing." Alex looked at her and found that his answer wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"Why does Kevin have to be involved? Can't you go without even letting Kevin know? Or are you just a robot who does whatever Kevin wants?" Mina's annoyance was evident.

"Mina, sometimes you can be a real Bitch you know that?" Alex looked at her in disgust showing he wasn't liking her presence at the moment.

The rest of the ride back to the garage was silent and filled with discomfort. As soon as Alex pulled up outside the Garage Mina popped the car door open, Carrying two bags of food and leaving Alex with the rest. "Here's your food." Mina placed the bags on the car the guys were working on before she grabbed one taco and walked silently to the office.

Alex hollers from his car, "WOULD SOMEONE LIKE TO HELP!!?"

"DO YOU HAVE FOOD WITH YOU?" Brian yelled back.

"BRIAN! I'M DUMPING YOUR FUCKING MT.DEW ON THE GROUND, IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!!"

Brian wandered out of the Garage and casually looked at a struggling Alex, "So what do you need help with exactly?" Brian leaned on the car.

Alex gave Brian a dirty look making Brian laugh, "Here, let me help. Why didn't you just ask? geez. Some people don't know when to push their pride back and ask for help. You need to work on that AJ." Brian took one of the drink carriers before leaving Alex behind.

"I'm going to push something and I don't think it's my pride." Alex not being in the mood for Brian’s games.

"Watch out looks like a tornado is coming." Brian said nonchalant.

"Huh?" Howie and Kevin both looked at Brian confused until Alex walked in.

"You know Brian, you need to grow up sometimes. But since that's not happening anytime soon, my foot is getting closer to kicking your ass." Alex snarled.

"Nah, you wouldn't want to do that. My ass is so perfect and if you dented it you'd upset so many girls.." Brian smirked as he took a bite of his taco. "Don't want to make them pretty girls cry do you AJ?" Brian continued pushing buttons.

"Why not? No girl has ever cared if she made me cry." Alex said under his breath, though he was heard.

****

Mina walked into the living room where she found her brother chilling alone for the first time in a very long time. She went and sat down on the couch and looked at her brother who was watching ESPN. "What's going on tonight?" she questioned.

Kevin not breaking eye contact with the television screen, "Alex wants to go to some race."

"You going?" She asked trying to not show too much emotion.

Kevin shrugged "If I go, it's to show support for AJ." He looked over at Mina finally, "Why?"

"Just wondering. If you go, I'd like to go with. I kinda owe Alex a little support." Mina got up and walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with tap water. As she was drinking her water Kevin walked into the room.

"What do you mean you owe him? When have you ever felt you owed anyone?" Kevin leaned against the counter staring down Mina.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I've done some mean things to Alex and he really doesn't deserve it. I guess, I just feel bad." Mina walked out of the room, Kevin being who he is wasn't going to let that be the end of the conversation. He followed Mina to her room.

"You should feel bad. You know that? AJ's done nothing but care for you. You break his heart over and over. I never said anything in the past hoping you two would work things out. So, you thinking of getting back with AJ? Is that why you want to go tonight?" Kevin pried.

"I never said anything about getting back with him. Maybe I'm just willing to allow him to stay in my life. I'm not going to treat him like crap anymore. That's all." Mina walked over to her dresser to grab a bottle of body spray, she sprayed herself. Kevin just shook his head "Well, whatever. I'm leaving in an hour." Kevin left the room.

***

Alex stepped out of his car, he saw Nick leaning on his car talking to some people. Alex walked towards him, "I'm here man, who's all racing tonight?"

"Just you and me." Nick stood up to stand his ground.

"What are the stakes?" Alex asked looking into Nick's eyes intensely.

"Mina." Nick said in all seriousness. Alex's jaw dropped for a second before he picked it up off the floor and looked at Nick like he was crazy.

"Mina? What the hell are you talking about?"

"You love her, I could fall in love with her. There isn't room for us both in her world. She's getting confused, I noticed that recently. She wants me then she wants you. I'm not going to play yo-yo with her. So we have to make the decision for her. Who ever wins tonight gets Mina."

"You Are Fucking Crazy! You know what, you sure as hell don't know Mina if you think you can just have a race over her. She would fucking kick both our ass’ if we made her the stakes of a Race." Alex argued.

"Then how do you suggest we deal with this?" Nick losing his patience.

"We don't, we let her make her own decisions. I'm here to race, not to discuss Mina."

"Five Grand, that's the stakes." Nick threw out a number.

Alex swallowed a lump before answering without thinking, "Deal." the two shook on it as the crowd around them oohed and awed over the stakes.

Alex walked off towards his car as Nick turned to check everything out on his own car. Alex tried to play off that he wasn't nervous but when Mina saw him she wasn't being fooled. "Hey Alex? You going to be alright?"

Alex looked up at her as he was leaning over the engine "I'm fine, I'm trying to get ready for a race do you mind?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me, Damn." She walked off towards Nick. He smirked as he saw her coming towards him, "Hey Beautiful, You coming to be my good luck charm?"

She smiled, "Sure, if you think I'm lucky."

He leaned over to her and placed his lips to hers, she was tense at first but then fell relax into his arms, she closed her eyes and allowed him to deepen their kiss.

Alex's heart hit the ground in a million pieces as he watched Mina kissing Nick. He continued to stare at the scene Nick and Mina gave on the other side of the street, his blood starting to boil, his heart beat going into rapid pace as his anger and jealousy brood. "This is War."