- Text Size +
"DAMN IT!" Kevin growled.

"You alright over there?" Howie asked from under a car changing the oil.

"No, I'm working on an engine with only two hours of sleep. Yet my darling sister is at home sleeping away." Kevin showing his grumpy side. He shook his hand showing he was in pain but wasn't saying anything more.

"You should have stayed home, we could have handled things here." Alex entered the conversation in the Richardson Garage.

Kevin slammed down the monkey wrench and grabbed a rag to wipe his hands. "Well, if it wasn't for you and Nick I would have had sleep last night. Alex, man, you know you’re like a brother to me, and I'm rooting for you and Mina all the way. But.."

"But, I'm making this worse then better. I know." Alex sighed.

"You just gotta give her time man, She really is confused and maybe she does need to go out with Nick for awhile.."

"What?! Hell no, what she needs is to stay away from Nick Carter, he's trouble Kevin, and I thought of all people you'd want to keep her safe from guys like him." Alex huffed.

"AJ, Nick is not a bad guy. Face it you hate him because Mina likes him. If you'd ever stop and think before reacting you'd see that you're pushing Mina away when you continue to fight with Nick." Kevin explained as he leaned against the car Howie worked on.

"He's got a point AJ." Howie raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you agreed he was trouble Howie?" Alex looked confused.

"I don't trust him, that's true. But, we don't really know him either. And, well I hate seeing Mina upset because you two can't get along." Howie said in all honesty.

Alex sighed and took a seat on a upside down square crate. He didn't say anything just sat there and let Howie and Kevin's words sink in. "She still loves me she has to, after that kiss I know she feels something for me. We have too much history, too much love and trust has been formed how can she just push it aside." Alex thought.

"Yo, AJ you plan on working today?" Kevin growled.

"Huh? Yeah, Um, I just need to get a soda, anyone want one?" Alex stood up and before anyone could answer he walked out of the garage. He reached into his pocket for change.

"Good Morning Alex." Mina smiled as she walked by.

Alex's head whipped up and smiled at Mina, "Good morning. You get enough sleep?"

"Actually thanks to you I couldn't sleep." She smirked. "But, I'll live." Mina walked into the garage leaving Alex with a big smile.
"I knew it!" He celebrated silently.

"What are you doing here?" Kevin asked Mina.

"Couldn't sleep so figured I better come to work." Mina answered as she walked into the office.

Alex pulled out the Pepsi can and popped it open as he leaned up against the Soda Machine. "Maybe I do still have a chance, maybe she hasn't forgotten all we've had together."

A red Toyota Supra with no bumper pulled up to the garage. Alex's smile turned to a frown. He sighed as he walked into the garage ignoring Nick getting out of the car.

Nick walked into the garage, "I need a little help with my car." he stated with no feeling.

Kevin looked back and forth from Alex to Nick ending with looking at Nick. "Then you came to the right place."

Alex stood there staring Nick down. Nick looked over and rolled his eyes, "Look AJ, I'm not here to fight with you about Mina. I just want my car fixed."

Mina walked into the garage, "Hey AJ? You think..." She stopped in mid-sentence when she saw Alex and Nick standing in front of each other.

Alex looked over at Mina catching her glance of worry. He sighed heavily, looked at the floor then back up at Nick, "I'm tired of fighting, point blank." He left it at that leaving everyone else with jaws dropped. Alex took a sip of his Pepsi and went back to work.

Kevin cleared his throat along with the confusion and shock, after a few minutes he finally spoke, "You know where the tools are Nick, help yourself."

"Thanks man." Nick shook his hand, before Kevin walked away and continued to work on a car he has been working on for the last hour.

Mina glanced from Alex to Nick. Finding Nick was looking at her. She looked away before walking back into the office. Her mind was full of confusion, her heart weighed heavy of a decision she knows she needed to make. Mina sat with her head in her hands at the counter of the Richardson Garage, many thoughts running through her head.

****

Mina walked into the quiet empty house, she was happy Kevin told her to go home and get some sleep, she was walking around the garage like a zombie. Her mind full of heavy thoughts and no sleep isn't a good combination. She accidentally spilled Alex's soda all over the car he was working on, Stepped on Howie's hand as he reached for a tool and bumped into Kevin too many times. It only took all three guys grumbling for her to go home when she finally listened.

Mina wandered into her bedroom, dropped her body onto the comfy bed and let her droopy eyes close. Her mind still had many thoughts running, this not allowing her to get any sleep. She lied in bed and let memories come flooding back.


~Flashback~

His lips so soft against her skin, she closed her eyes letting his touch intensify. His tongue tasting her salty skin as he started writing on her stomach. She began to giggle. "Alex, what are you doing?"

"Sending you a message." Alex's voice was husky in hunger.

"Mmm, I think I'm getting it." she smiled, raising her head to look at him. His eyes looked up as his head still was tilted down, his hungry mouth taking it's time on her stomach. She tried to figure out what he was writing on her stomach but all she could make out was M-I-N-E.

He moved up her body to kiss her mouth, he held his body over hers making sure not to crush her. He leaned in enough for their bodies to touch, his mouth was crushed to hers and they both kissed full of desire, wanting more, needing more. Mina pushed Alex to lay on his back, she straddled him, her breathing was heavy as was his.

"Alex.." she paused trying to get her breathing controlled.

He took in the view of Mina sitting on him nude. He raised his hands and rested them on her hips still waiting for her to speak.

"I think we need to start slowing down."

That wasn't what he expected "What? What do you mean?" his voice was calm, confused but calm.

"Us, we are moving so fast. And it's not slowing down at all, it's just getting faster and faster. I feel like i'm on a rollercoaster that lost it's breaks and doesn't have any chance of slowing down. Soon it's going to fly off the track. I sometimes wonder if I should be out there flirting with other boys, and just being a typical girl my age. Not in some serious relationship. I love you, don't think that it has anything to do with me not loving you. Because you will always have my love it's just.."

"I don't understand what you're trying to say Mina, are you breaking up with me?" his brow creased looking almost scared.

Mina looked up at the ceiling with a sigh, she wanted to cry. Truth was yes she wanted to break up, but she also wanted to stay with him, in his arms forever. "I'm so confused Alex. I love you so much it scares me. When you're not around me I feel like I can't think, or even breathe. I need you all the time, I feel like I'm nothing when you’re not around. I hate that." She looked into his eyes, which made her already tear filled eyes start to over flow, her tears were no longer controlled, they fell down her cheeks as she spoke softly "I was only 15 when we started seeing each other. Three years have passed and I feel like I have missed a lot of things because.."

"Because you wasted your time with me?" Alex said a little angry.

"I never said my time with you was a waste." She got defensive.

Alex pushed her off of him and got out of her bed, slipping on his jeans in anger "Well you didn't have to. I get what you're saying Mina, you want out of this relationship because you want to find someone better."

"AJ?" her tears fell as her mind and heart crumbled, watching Alex storm out of her room, slamming her bedroom door behind him.

She curled up into a ball and just cried. "I didn't mean that" she cried to herself, Not knowing if what she just did was the right thing.

~Flashback Ends~


Why did I let him go? I used the excuse of wanting to date other men because I missed out on doing that like others my age. But in the past year I haven't seen anyone, I barely have even been on a date with Nick who has shown he's more than interested. So why did I break up with Alex? I know why I thought was the main reason, I felt so lost, like I no longer was Mina Richardson. I was Alex Mclean's girlfriend and nothing else. But I know Alex never meant for me to feel that way. So why am I not with Alex? And if I'm not going to be with Alex, why am I not with Nick?
Mina’s thoughts were all over the place, her head was ready to explode.

"UGH! Now I'm confused more than ever!" Mina yelled.

"Problems?" Kristi stood in the now open doorway.

"What are you doing here? I didn't know you were here." Mina's brow creased in question.

"I came to pick up something for Kevin. I heard you yell, thought I'd check on you." she explained.

"I haven't seen you in awhile, you and Kev doing okay?" Mina changed the subject.

Kristi shrugged "I really don't know."

"What's that mean?" Mina continued to question.

"I think Kev is losing interest. Or just being moody. I really don't know, well since you’re okay, I'm gonna get back to the garage." Kristi walked away.

Mina frowned she really needed to talk to someone, and she knew only one person who understood her best. "Howie." she said allowed as she hopped out of bed. She grabbed the cordless phone and called the garage. "Richardson Garage, what you need?"

"Kevin, let me talk to Howie." she rolled her eyes. It drove her nuts on how Kevin always answered the phone.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? If your not then come back to work."

"Stop being a prick and let me talk to Howie." Mina was losing her patience.

"Yo Howie the princess requests your ear." Kevin set the phone down.

A few seconds later Howie picked up the phone, "What you need Mina?"

"Can you get away for a little while? I could really use a friend."

"I'm on my way." He hung up the phone, "I'll be back later" was all he said as he left the garage and headed to the Richardson house.