- Text Size +
Mina drove to where she knew she'd find Kevin's car. He parked his car in an old parking garage that no one uses anymore. He drop's it off after every raid since the cops know his car so well. "Kevin!?! Alex?!?! You guys still around?!" Mina shouted as she got out of her car.

There was no answer, she leaned up against her brother's car and wondered where he went, she assumed Alex was the one who picked him up but where did they go?

~Flashback~

"You always get caught Kevin. Why do you keep doing this?" 14yr old Mina asked.

"I don't race to get caught Mina. It just happens. I love the speed, the cars, the adrenaline rush. I can't stop." Kevin explained.

"Not even for your family? Kevin when your gone it's weird around here. I hate it when your gone."

"Girl, what are you talkin' about? You’re a daddy's girl, you probably get even more spoiled when I'm gone." Kevin chuckled.

"The house becomes solemn. It's always known that something is missing. And you’re what's missing. Promise me you won't be going back to juvi again."

"I promise baby girl." Kevin hugged his sister tight as he smiled.

"Awww, we breaking up a family moment?" Brian teased.

"Jealous?" Mina through attitude at Brian like always.

"Yeah, I'm tore up inside knowing I'll never have the love of a sister like you."

"So, now that you’re home Kev, what you going to do now?" Howie asked.

"What do you think Howie? He's been stuck with nothing but guys for months and just saw that pretty thang Kristi. I know what I'd be doing." Alex smirked.

"You’re such a pig." Mina said with disgust.

"I'm going to hang with my boys and my family. And catch up with what I've been missing." Kevin answered, ignoring the banter.

~End of Flashback~


"Hey Baby girl." Kevin said softly awaking Mina from her memories. Mina jumped off Kevin's car and turned to find both her brother and ex-boyfriend standing there with cuts and bruises.

"Ohmygod! What happened?!" She went to reach for the bloody cut on Kevin's face.

"We kinda ran into the wrong neighborhood." Kevin answered as he moved just before Mina touched his face.

"Yeah, a neighborhood of sore losers." Alex said with a lisp since he had a fat bloody lip.

Mina looked at him with pain "God, what they use on you guys a baseball bat?" she went to Alex.

"Among other things. Let's just say they didn't play fair." Kevin grumbled.

"Where's your car Alex?" Mina asked.

"It's no longer a car. It's more like a piece of metal with bullet holes and charcoal." Alex said with anger in his voice.

"Damn him, damn Ricardo and his goon squad, why can't they just leave my family alone!" Mina got all worked up.

"Mina, chill. There's nothing we can do right now. Just drive Alex home and I'll follow you." Kevin got in his car.

"Fine." she said before getting into her silver eclipse.

As she drove home Alex wouldn't speak to her "Alex you still angry with me?"

"No."

She frowned, "Well, you could have fooled me."

"I'm not mad Mina. I'm hurt, I'm not going to lie about that." Alex looked at her then turned to look out his window. They sat in silence the rest of the way home.

Mina pulled up into the drive way, Brian and Howie came out of the house as Mina and Alex were getting out of the car and Kevin pulled up. "Where the hell have you guys..." Brian stopped when he saw Alex.

"What happened?" Howie asked.

"Ricardo and his goon's." Mina hissed.

"Those fuckers. We'll kick their ass’.." Brian got all worked up.

"NO YOU WON'T!! THIS IS GOING TO FUCKING STOP! YOU HEAR ME!?" Mina yelled surprising the boys.

"What?" Kevin questioned her completely confused.

"I'm sick of worrying about who's getting who back and who's going to jail. I want this rival crap stopped. Grow up already!" Mina stormed off into the house.

All the fellas looked at each other not saying a word, they filed into the house one by one. Mina slammed her bedroom door shut. Kevin sighed "I love my sister I do, but sometimes I wish she wasn't so dramatic."

"She's a drama queen no doubt but, this time she's right." Howie responded.

"What? You think that this rival shit should be stopped? You actually think it CAN be stopped? Cause if you ask me that's thinking childish if you think shit with this much history can just end." Kevin popped open a Corona and sat down on the couch.

No one said anything, all knowing Kevin was thick headed and not about to let things go. Alex got up from the chair and walked out of the living room. Alex slowly went towards his room, but found himself stopped outside Mina's door. He took a deep breath before knocking.

"Go away." Mina yelled.

Alex opened the door, "I'm not going away."

Mina looked at him standing in her door way. "Fine then shut the door." she got up off the floor and walked to her dresser "So, what more do you have to say? Cause I seriously don't think I can handle much more." She pulled out a black tank top and black boxers with red cartoon devils on them.

"I need to talk about us, about you. We have a lot to talk about Mina and I'd like to get it all out there so I can understand where I stand these days." Alex watched Mina undress in front of him and sliding on her night clothes.

"That could make for a long night Alexander." She climbed on to her bed.

"I'm willing to lose some sleep if it will help US." He kept his frown.

Mina looked at him as she got under her covers, she patted the bed giving him the signal to sit down and he did, she could tell he was a little uncomfortable being so close to her. "So what's so important we need to talk now?" she looked into his sad deep brown eyes.

"Your what's so important. Mina I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. You hurt me bad, babe. And it didn't seem to faze you at all. Did you ever love me?"

Mina exhaled as she looked up at the ceiling, she thought of his question, "Alex, I still love you. I'm just not in love with you."

"How is that possible?" frustration dripped from his words.

"I don't know it just is. Alex, you will always have a place in my heart. You've given me so much and shown me so much but, I have to go on without you now. I love you yes. But, I can't be with you as your girlfriend anymore."

Alex felt like he no longer could breathe "You want me out of your life for good?"

"I didn't say that. I just don't want you in my life as a boyfriend. I DO want you in my life as a friend."

Alex chuckled and shook his head "Yeah, well, I don't know if I can live with that."

"Then you'll have to make that choice, have me as a friend or not have me at all. I'd think about it before answering if I were you." Her big green eyes peering into him.

"Good night Mina." Alex got up from her bed and walked out.

She threw her stuffed elephant across the room and then sighed "Why do men make things so difficult?"

Knock Knock

"WHAT!" she yelled in frustration.

"Hey Baby Girl, you okay? What's going on? AJ just stormed out of the house." Kevin walked into her room shutting the door behind him.

"Nothing." She turned onto her side facing away from him.

Kevin crawled into the bed and sat high up on the bed so he could peer over her "It doesn't seem like nothing to me."

"Kevin, why does everything have to be so difficult? Why can't I just have a Disney life?"

"You want a Disney life?" He chuckled "So you want to be the princess that starts off in a bad situation and then it turns out to be better than anyone could imagine? Cause you got the first part down already." He smiled.

"No, I just want Happy Ever After." She sighed.

"Baby girl, what's going on in that head of yours? You worry me when you shut me out. And you've been doing that a lot lately." Kevin rubbed her arm trying to get her to face him.

She turned on to her other side now facing him but looking into his chest and not his eyes. "You've been shutting me out too Kev."

"I'm just protecting you Mina, I'm not trying to shut you out. I know you're hurting with Dad and all. I don't want to add anymore to that."

"I'm not a child Kevin, don't feel you have to protect me." She stared into his chest.

"I'll always protect you baby girl, your my blood and your more important then anything else in my life." He lifted her chin up to get her to look him in the eye "I'm serious, you mean everything to me. You're all I have left."

A tear fell from her eyes and she hugged her brother tightly "Stop racing. Please, Please Kevin." she begged.

Kevin swallowed and didn't say a word, he just held her.