- Text Size +
Kevin couldn't answer her, He looked down and found her asleep in his arms. He sighed of relief for at least at this moment he won't have to make the hardest decision in his life. Kevin leaned back and closed his eyes. Not wanting to disturb Mina, he slept in her room that night. Something he hasn't done in a really long time.

~Flashback~

Kevin heard his bedroom door open and he found his 12 yr old sister standing there. He didn't have to say anything just lift the bed covers. She ran to his bed and got under the covers like a frightened young child.

"What's wrong tonight baby girl?" he asked.

"Was it scary in juvi?" she asked innocently.

"Some times."

"It was scary here." she brought the comforter up to her chin capturing warmth.

"Why would home be scary?"

"I didn't have you to make it safe."

"You had dad." he chuckled.

"Dad doesn't allow me to sleep in the same room as him when things are bothering me. He doesn’t listen to me like you do, I had no one to tell my worries and fears to. I had no one to tell me I'll always be safe." Mina's big green eyes looked up at him. Kevin smiled. Kevin always took the duty of big brother seriously, ever since their mother left.

"Well, I'm here now. And you will always be safe." He turned off the light. They lie there in silence.

"Mina?"

"Yeah?" she whispered

"You think you'll ever grow out of this?" Kevin got no response. He looked over at his sleeping sister and smiled before drifting off to his own slumber.

~End of Flashback~


"I'm glad you never grew out of it." He whispered before allowing his heavy eyes close.

***

"YO! You're making a mess!! Brian why don't you cook at your own home?!" Alex yelled.

"Because there's no food at my home. And I'm not making a mess. I'm cooking there's a difference." Brian smirked.

"Oh is that right? Cause I really couldn't see the difference." Alex grumbled.

"What's up your ass? Besides Mina." Brian laughed.

"Fuck you." Alex responded before walking out of the kitchen.

"Point taken." Brian said to no one in particular.

Kevin walked pass Alex, "What's up man? You okay?"

"What? I'm fine." Alex snapped while he continued to walk back to his bedroom.

"Okay, sorry I asked." Kevin walked into the kitchen, "Brian?"

"Kevin?" Brian said back in the same tone.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to cook." Brian flipped his so-called omelet.

"Trying is right. Well, just clean up after you’re done." Kevin grabbed a glass of orange juice and went to plop down in the living room.

****

Alex was making his way to the bathroom to shower when Mina opened her bedroom door. They just looked at each other both not saying a word. Alex went on his way to the shower and Mina went her way. Mina walked into the living room where she found Kevin and Brian.

"Good Morning." She smiled before plopping down in between them.

"You want some Littrell omelet?" Brian motioned his plate in front of her.

"Eww, no thanks. I can't even tell what it is." she pushed the plate away from her face.

"It's an omelet. I just told you that."

"If you say so my little duck." She cracked.

"Okay you two don't start with the bickering so early." Kevin grumbled.

"What's your problem this morning?" Mina asked.

"Just have things on my mind."

"Like?" Brian asked.

"Last night? Our talk?" Mina asked.

Kevin just shook his head yes and didn't say another word. Mina studied at him for a moment but was distracted by a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Mina got up and opened the door.

Nick smiled from the other side of the screen door. She stood there for a moment before unlocking the screen door and letting him in. "You becoming another one of Kevin's shadows?" she asked before walking away.

Nick walked into the house "I wouldn't say that." he responded.

Mina plopped back down in between Brian and Kevin. She leaned on Brian who was downing his nasty omelette. "Bri that stinks."

"Mmmm, but so good." he smiled taking another bite.

"What up?" Kevin smacked hands with Nick.

"It's good to see you’re alive man. You had a few people worrying about you last night. I must say your friends get cranky when you worry them." Nick sat back in the chair smiling.

"Oh yeah?"

Nick nodded with a smirk, his eyes moved from Kevin to Mina slowly. Making it known he was looking at her and wanting her looking back. And she did, Mina locked eyes with his mesmerizing blues, she got lost. Kevin looked back and forth between Nick and Mina then just shook his head while getting up from the couch which broke the stare.

"Sorry didn't mean to disturb you two." Kevin laughed.

"Disturb who?" Alex came into the room.

"Nothing. No one." Mina said quickly then changing the subject "Kevin, about last night. We need to finish that talk."

"Not now Baby girl, I gotta get to the garage." Kevin grabbed his keys and went out the back door.

Mina fell back on to the couch with a heavy sigh. "Yeah, whatever."

Alex looked at her for a moment before also grabbing his keys and leaving. She rolled her eyes "Bye Alexander!" she yelled.

"Damn, was there just a cold front?" Brian chuckled.

Mina ignored Brian and got up from the couch and went to her bedroom to get dressed leaving Brian and Nick in her living room. Brian looked over at the new stranger with judgmental eyes. "What do you have against me Brian? What have I done to make you not trust me?" Nick queried.

"You haven't done anything. You haven't done a thing to give me reasons to hate or like you. And don't think Kevin is being so trusting. Cause he's not, he's keeping you close to keep an eye on you. Don't think you have a new friend. Kevin doesn't work that way." Brian spoke unfriendly before getting up and leaving the house.

"Is everyone so cheerful around here?" Nick asked himself.

"Talking to yourself now?" Mina startled Nick.

"Well, it looks like it's just you and me." He stood up from his chair with that smile of his.

Her eyebrows raised "Looks like." She went to lock the front door, brushing pass him. He breathed her in as her sent flowed through him. Mina walked back through the living room into the kitchen leaving Nick standing in his exact spot.

"Are you coming or planning to stand there waiting for my brother to return?" She called.

He walked into the kitchen "And where exactly would you like to go Mina?"

She smiled "Anywhere you'd like to take me." She walked out of the house.

Nick shook his head "Damn, she is going to be trouble.. Bring it on." He smirked and walked out the house shutting the door behind him.

Mina was standing at his car waiting, "You want me, I know you do. But, you can't have me."

"Is that right?" he looked at her with a sensual stare.

"That's right." she smirked, leaning against his car.

"Then why are you waiting for me at my car?" He stood in front of her, inching closer and closer. Her chest was moving up and down as her heart started to beat faster and her breathing became more out of control the closer he got. Nick reached his hand towards her and she slightly jumped.

"Relax, I'm just opening the door." He gave her a sexy grin before opened his car door for her. Mina turned to get into the car “Girl, get a grip, you’re making a fool of yourself.” she thought. Nick shut the car door and walked around the back of his car to get in on the driver side. He looked over at her before starting the Toyota Supra.

"Where you taking me?" She asked.

"Where ever we end up." He tilted his head to look at her before pulling out of the drive and taking off down the street, to anywhere..