- Text Size +
Mina watched Nick, his every glance in a side mirror, every shift of a gear, and every glance over at her. He was perfection in her eyes, the most delicious man she's ever set eyes on. She craved for his touch, his taste, his smell and smile. The mystery and bad boy image he exudes was even more of an appeal for her.

"You worried about something?" He asked out of no where.

"You mean am I worried where you’re taking me?" she smiled.

"Yeah." He smiled back.

"No. I'm not worried. Due to the fact if you harm me in anyway my brother and his three best friends will kick your ass so hard no one will recognize you. SO, basically I have no worries." She laughed.

"Good point. How about not being worried because you trust me?" He raised an eye brow.

"Carter, I don't know you well enough to trust you."

He didn't say anything back, he knew she was right but, he still wish she would trust him. Nick drove on to I-4 and Mina looked over at him questioningly. "No worries right?" he smirked.

"Yeah, right." She looked at him curiously.

Nick just smiled as he continued to drive "So, Mina, what's your story?"

"My story is as thick as War and Peace." she chuckled.

"We have time." He looked over at her for a second before putting his attention back on the road.

"Well, what's your story? I know nothing about you. You at least know some about me."

"There's not much for me to tell. I'm a ammature NASCAR racer who dabbles in Street Racing for a little extra adrenaline rush. What little family I do have lives in California."

"That's it? That's all you’re giving me?" she creased her brow.

"What else would you like me to tell you?" he glanced over at her again.

"How about the basics at least."

"Like?"

"Like.. age, status, where you live, what your plans with my family are, and me." She rambled off.

Nick laughed "You’ve been thinking about all that for awhile, haven’t you?"

"I've been thinking of a lot since I saw you that night." She admitted, looking straight ahead.

"I'm twenty-three, single, I live in a over priced one bedroom apartment downtown and I have no plans except to make some friends. And.."

"And what?" Mina looked over at him, concentrating on his features.

"And, Maybe fall in love." He slid his eyes from the road to meet with her eyes. They were locked on him. Mina shook her head breaking the contact. She focused on the street signs they passed.

"So, really, where are we going?" she finally asked.

"You'll know when we get there. Okay Miss. Mina I told you, so, now you tell me." He smiled again.

"Okay. I'm nineteen, single with baggage, you know where I live." she stopped.

"And?" he dragged out the one word.

"Annnd? What more would you like to know Carter?" she played his game.

"I want to know anything and everything about you. I want you to let me in." His words were spoken with sincerity.

"I can't open up to you. Not yet, Not now... I'm sorry." She spoke faint.

"What can you tell me? Or I should say, what do you feel comfortable telling me?" Nick questioned as he tried to pay attention to the road and not her. Mina just sighed and didn't answer right away.

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you. I'll give you one question you can ask me. And I'll answer as much as I can." She looked over at him once again.

"That sounds fair. Okay, this is easy. What is up with you and Alex? You said single with baggage, I assume he's the baggage."

"Good assumption. I met Alex through my brother like I do everyone in my life. I was only eleven years old. Of course I couldn't stand him at first. I didn't know this guy who was all of a sudden going to live in my house, just because he was a so called friend of my brothers. But, it didn't take long to realize Alex was a great guy. One day, a few years of him living with us, I just like, woke up and realized I was seeing Alex differently then I did Kevin's other friends. And for once the guy I had feelings for was feeling the same for me. Of course there was a lot of trouble falling for him. My dad, my brother, our age. It all went up against us until people got use to the fact we were together and planning to stay that way."

"Did you love him?" Nick interrupted.

"I do love him. I will always love him. God, now I'm sounding like a country song." She giggled a little annoyed at herself.

Nick just gave her a half smile and hoped she would continue. And she did, "But, really, AJ will always be a big part of my life. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my.. well." She changed her subject before finishing the other first, "We were together for a few years. We went through a lot together, we had to work out a lot of things through those years and every time we'd conquer them. But, there's no relationship there for us to continue working on. Basically I think I grew up and out of what we had. Unfortunately Alex is still in love with me and doesn't want to let me go. That brings us up to Baggage."

"And to our destination." Nick spoke as he parked the car after a little over an hour drive. Mina looked at where they were and then back at him.

"Daytona 500 Speedway? Why would you bring me here?" Mina was royally confused and getting annoyed.

"This is me. This is my heaven. I wanted to share it with you. And I also wanted to help you stop worrying about Kevin and his street racing."

"How does THIS change my worries about my brother?"

"I think Kevin could be happy in NASCAR. And he wouldn't need Street racing anymore. Which should make you happy." Nick finished his sentence and then got out of the car. Mina sat there for a moment and just thought about all Nick has said. Nick came over and opened her door. Mina got out of the car and took his hand that he reached out to her.

"There's rules, there's more safety and money with NASCAR. I think this could be the answer to those prayers of yours." Nick and Mina walked into the speedway and sat down on the bleachers.

"What I wanted is my brother out of danger completely. Not just street racing and the stupid rivals he collects along with it. I want him out of all danger. I want to go to sleep at night without having nightmares of losing my brother and being left here alone." Mina stood up, "Can you take me home please."

"Mina?" Nick stood up to follow her, "Mina? I didn't.." she just continued to walk away from him, to his car.

"Mina, I didn't mean to upset you." Nick stopped her at his car.

"I know, I do. I just want to go home okay?" She got into his car. Nick sighed as he walked to the drivers side "Good going Nick." he spoke to himself before getting into his car and heading back to Orlando.