- Text Size +

AJ woke up in an unfamiliar surrounding. He realized he was laying down and he shot up to an upright position. He noticed his suit jacket wasn’t on him and his dress shirt was unbuttoned. He must have fucked some nameless woman, he thought. He jumped when a woman with a mug coming into the room. She had long wavy blonde hair with a black knit cap. She wore a long black skirt, a black blouse which had long black sheer silk sleeves, and black boots. She sat next to him and handed him the mug.

“Don’t worry, it’s tea.” the woman broke the silence.

“Thanks.” he murmured. “My head is killing me.” he rubbed his temples.

“I have aspirin if you want any.” she went to the dresser in the room and got a bottle of pills.

AJ watched her as her sleeves which look more like silk scarves flap behind her. He wondered if she was the woman he had sex with last night…a new low, he thought. Of course she was.He snapped out of his thoughts when she spoke.

“Here ya go! Need anything else?”

“Um…no. By any chance…did we…?

“No! You were drunk and then passed out. Nothing happened I swear.” she slightly chuckled.

“I did what?! I don’t remember what happened…Excuse me, what is your name?” AJ said while looking really confused.

“My name is Jennifer...Jennifer Blackwell and your AJ Mclean.”

“Huh? How did you know my name?” he grew worried.

“Uh…you kinda told me when you were yelling at me and you can do anything you damn well please.You were looking for a book.I tried to explain to you that the store was closed. We got into an argument and you vomited and passed out.”

“Oh shit,I’m so sorry. Why am I here? You could have tossed my ass onto the street but you took me to your house…why? Where is here?” he said looking outside the window.

“You are in my apartment…which is above the bookstore.”

AJ noticed Jennifer had a black velvet chocker with a small ruby in the middle.He sat the cup down.Jennifer noticed that he was eyeing what was in the cup suspiciously and sighed out of frustration.

“Look, how about I apologize and we start over.”

“Okay…but do we have to do that cheesy ‘reintroduce ourselves' bullshit?”

“No. We don't have to."

They looked at each other and started laughing.

Then AJ thought of something."What time is it?"

“Um…9:11 in the morning.”

“Shit! I’m late! I have to go.”

AJ buttoned his shirt and put on his jacket. He looked around her apartment and saw that it was small. He saw candles everywhere around her room. He glanced outside her bedroom window and saw the sky was a dark grey color.

Jennifer opened the door for him.AJ thanked her and raced out.