- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My co-writer wrote this part for me. ;) I changed the name of the boyfriend but other then that it's all the way she wrote it.

He stood there, kind of stunned. Not just by her sudden exit, but by the bruises that covered her back. How could someone do that to another person? He shook his head, saddened. He sighed. Talking to her would wait, to give her time. He wasn't exactly sure what she'd need it for, but he knew what it was like when people used to confront him about his drinking problem, so he wouldn't push it. He'd wait until he saw her again.

He walked further down the hall, having decided to go back to his room, when he heard arguing. Not one to get involved in some stranger's problems, he just kept walking, humming quietly. His mind was still stuck on Jennifer, her boyfriend, and her bruises. His mind backtracked. 'Why wouldn't she tell me about an ex-boyfriend? Especially one that's obviously a bit controlling, or at least trying to be.' He sighed and rubbed his eyes. He hadn't gotten much sleep the past couple of days due to the dreams, but he didn't mind. He was confused about his sub-conscious confessing his love to this girl he'd just met, but the dreams were still pleasant, to say the least.

When he rounded the corner, he saw Jennifer arguing with a man about his height. Figuring it was her boyfriend, he backed up and hid behind the corner.


"Jack, I told you to leave me alone!"

"Why would I leave you alone? We're meant to be, Jen. Why can't you see that?"

"Because I'm not meant to be with an overprotective, abusive asshole like you!" AJ peered around the corner at them to see Jennifer slap Jack across the face. He snickered quietly and covered his mouth, not wanting to give himself away just yet. His smirk quickly faded, though.


"You're mine. If I can't have you, no one else can. Especially not that faggot from the Backdoor Boys." AJ gritted his teeth. He hated that name, both of them actually, but he hated the way this guy was talking to Jennifer even more. He decided it was time to come to her rescue, if she was willing to accept it. He watched quietly for a few more seconds, waiting for the right time.

"And you wonder why I broke up with you?" Jennifer sneered. "You're a useless pile of waste, Jack. I can't believe I wasted a year and a half of my life thinking you were everything. Just go away."

Jack grabbed her arm violently, almost knocking her over."You're coming with me," he growled, backhanding her harshly. "Let's go!"

'Now or never,' AJ thought.

"Yo, buddy. How 'bout you let her go?" Jack looked up with wild eyes. He glared back down at Jennifer.

"Second job, huh? I bet you were here screwing him this whole time! How could you do this to me? I love you, Jen. What can he give you?" AJ stopped in front of the pair and smiled.

"I might not be a great guy, but at least I wouldn't beat the life out of her."

Jack tossed Jennifer to the side and got in AJ's face."You want a piece of this, fag?" AJ's smile was immediately gone and he spoke through gritted teeth.

"Leave her alone. I don't wanna hurt you, but I will." Jack laughed, opening his mouth to say something else, but instead took a heavy swing at AJ, connecting with the side of his head.