- Text Size +

"We got one stop before home," I said as I turned on my truck.

"Sure," Nick replied as we got out of the airport. "I just wanna get something to eat while we're out too cause I'm hungry."

"Me too," I agreed as I turned on the radio. "I wanna see if Melissa's at work."

"I thought she worked nights?" he asked.

"She does just sometimes she has to do the days," I answered as I turned on the radio. "Nope she's not on."

"So where we going?" he asked.

"To Jake and Melissa's," I replied. "Melissa said she had something to tell us that was good."

"Wonder what it is," he said as we turned off the interstate for Jake and Melissa's house.

"Yeah me too," I started. "Maybe they've got something for you for your birthday."

"I doubt that," he replied as we turned down the road for their house. "We'll get Lucy while we're there today too. Maybe they got a dog."

"Maybe," I said as we parked in front of their house and got out.

"Let's find out now what they wanted to tell us," he responded as we walked up to the door and knocked. As we did I heard Lucy bark and footsteps come to the door.

"Hey," smiled Melissa as she opened the door.

"Hey," I hugged her.

"How are you both?" she asked.

"Great," answered Nick. "How about ya'll?"

"Couldn't be better," she smiled.

“That’s great,” I walked into their house with Nick right behind me as Lucy started jumping on me. “How was my girl?”

“A sweetheart,” she answered as we walked into the living room. “How was the trip?”

“Great,” Nick responded. “It was great to be able to relax like we did.”

“That’s good,” she replied.

“So we didn’t just stop by to pick up Lucy we wanna know what you wanted to tell us,” I smiled as we all sat down and Jake walked in the room.

“Hey ya’ll,” Jake started. “Have a great trip?”

“Oh yeah,” I said as he sat down. “So Melissa was just gonna tell us what she wanted to tell us.”

“Oh she was,” he smiled.

“Yeah,” replied Nick.

“Well I know we’ve been only married for less then a month but,” she paused as she turned to look at Jake. “We’re gonna have a baby.”

“Oh my gosh congratulations,” I smiled as I hugged them.

“congratulations,” Nick said as he hugged Melissa and shook Jake’s hand.

“So when are you due?” I asked.

“In October,” Melissa smiled.

“Aww I so can’t wait until then,” I smiled. “Well we’re gonna head out and get some food on our way home cause I miss it.”

“Ok,” Jake said as we all got up.

“It was great having Lucy,” Melissa noted. “We’d love to have her again any time you want to just get away.”

“Great,” I replied. “I’ll talk to you both later.”

“Ok bye,” said Melissa as we hugged and Nick and I left.

******

 

“Can you believe it,” I said as I walked into my apartment.

“I know,” replied Nick as he sat the food on the table in the dinning room and Lucy ran off to the couch.

“Who would have thought that this soon in their marriage their having a baby,” I said as I got plates and glasses out of the cabinet. “I don’t think I want kids that soon after I’m married. I’d wanna wait a little while until I’m stable.”

“I know what you mean,” he replied as I handed him a plate. “Thanks. You know I’m glad we’re back in Nashville. I kinda missed it. I think I’m starting to love this place a lot.”

“I fell in love with this place the first few hours I was here,” I noted. “Just look at the city its just so amazing. There’s always something to do and I’m never bored.”

“You’ve got a great place,” he started. “Its within walking distance of all the best clubs here and just a short ride to the Titans stadium so when they play the Bucs we can go watch it.”

“Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun,” I smiled. “I haven’t been to a football game since college. I can’t wait until I can go to another game. I wish I got the chance back in Tampa to see the Bucs when I lived there. That was always a dream of mine.”

“I’ve been to a few games there it was a lot of fun,” he responded. “Me and the guys even did the National Anthem there back when it was held there.”

“Cool,” I replied as I ate. “As soon as I’m done eating I wanna put on some pjs and just relax.”

“sounds good to me,” he said.

******

 

It was about 2 in the morning and Nick was still up as I had gone to sleep at about midnight when we were watching Jay Leno. As he surfed the internet on his laptop an idea came to mind. He thought back to the day before his birthday.

“So you wanna just stay in for today and then tomorrow we can do whatever?” I asked as Nick walked out of the bathroom.

“Sounds great but I wanna get some food and bring it back tonight cause I wanna watch the Super bowl,” Nick answered as he got dress. “I can’t believe the Bucs made it this far. I’m so excited I hope they win.”

“I know I brought my jersey just so I could wear it today,” I smiled. “Melissa got it for me one year for my birthday. I just had to bring it for this big day.”

“I packed mine too,” he replied as he pulled his out. “Which jersey do you have?”

“I wanted Mike Alstott’s but Melissa got me Rhoda Barber instead,” I started. “I love it though cause he’s my second favorite. Looks like you have the jersey I want.”

“Yeah I guess I do,” he smiled as he jumped onto the bed and laid next to me. “So you wanna go down to a store and pick up some snacks before the big game?”

“Sure sounds good,” I replied. “We can even get a pizza for dinner as we watch the game.”

“I like that idea,” he said as I got up.

“I’m gonna take a quick shower and then we can head out and have some fun until we need to be back for the game,” I said as I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After I was finished with the shower I dried off and put on a pair of shorts and my jersey.

“Doesn’t someone look hot today,” Nick said as I walked out of the bathroom.

“I know you do,” I smirked as I laid on the bed.

“How about we go see the town for a few then go get the things we need for tonight?” he asked.

“Sounds great I wanna see what’s around here besides water,” I chuckled as I put my tennis shoes on. “How about we go shopping?”

“Sounds like a plan,” he replied.

About ten later we were driving down the street towards some of the best places to shop in Key West.

“That looks like a fun place to shop,” I pointed to Nick as he looked for a parking spot. “I so wanna look in there for a dress for the Grammy’s,” I said as he parked and got out of the car.

Before we knew it the Super Bowl had started and the Bucs were playing the best all season. They were in San Diego, California playing the Oakland Raiders. The halftime show had just ended and we were winning 20 - 3. I couldn’t believe it, for the first time in franchise history we were winning the Super Bowl. This team lost so many games the first couple seasons it wasn’t funny. I was so happy to see the team I loved and wanted to win out there doing the best ever.

“Run Keenan,” I screamed at the screen as Keenan McCardell ran for a touchdown. “YAY!!!”

“That’s what I’m talkin’ about,” said Nick as Martin Gramatica kicked the field goal for the extra point and made it.

Within two plays the Bucs had an interception and we were yelling a cheering as Dwight Smith ran it 44-yards for a touchdown. We were going so crazy because now the Bucs were 34-3.

“Oh my gosh can you believe this babe we’re winning,” I smiled as I looked over at Nick.

“I know,” he started. “I bet Tampa is going crazy right at this moment.”

“I bet so,” I replied as we focused back on the game.

The Bucs won the game that night 48 - 21.

“This was the best birthday gift ever,” Nick smiled. “My favorite team won the day before my birthday what else could I ask for?”

“I don’t know that was just a great game,” I replied as I went to go get ready for bed.

As he finished sending the e-mail to his manager about his idea he turned off his laptop and headed to bed. He hoped that his manager could help him with his idea. If so it was gonna be a real big surprise he had planned.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think and what you think might happen. Thanks.