- Text Size +

“Ok so we’re gonna put wires on you so we can hear what’s going on,” said one of the detectives. “When you meet up with him your gonna hand him the money and ask where Taylor is. Then your gonna leave and one of our undercover cops is going to follow them.”

“Ok,” said Nick as he listened to the plan. It was getting close to the time when he was suppose to meet up with the kidnappers. All he could think of were thoughts of Taylor and if she was ok still. “You ready to head out?”

“Yeah lets get in place,” he answered. “You got the money?”

“Yeah,” Nick nodded as they walked out the door to their different vehicles.

About thirty minutes later they arrived at the park and Nick got out of the vehicle. He then walked towards a dark shaded area where he thought the guy might want to meet. As he stood there and looked around to see if anyone was walking his way.

Time passed and still no one walked his way. All he could think of was where this guy might be and how Taylor was doing.

“Where is she God?” Nick asked quietly to himself. “Where is she?” He was so scared that something might happen to her. This was his best friend here, his girlfriend, the women he loved more then life itself. He couldn’t believe he was having to do this. “Breath Carter everything is gonna be fine. She’s ok.”

“How do you know?” asked a deep voice from behind that made him jump. “How do you know we haven’t hurt your girlfriend?”

Nick turned around very slowly to come face to face with a man who had a ski mask and turtle neck covering most of his face.

“Can I help you?” asked Nick scarred.

“Yeah you can hand over the money and everything will be fine,” the man answered.

“Tell me she’s ok first,” Nick replied.

“You’ll find out later,” he responded. “But don’t worry your pretty little head.”

“Where is she?” Nick asked.

“Don’t worry I’ll drop here off here later this week whenever I feel like it,” the man laughed.

“Did you do anything to her?” Nick asked yet another question still holding the money.

“Don’t worry about here just give me the money,” he started to get loud. “I don’t wanna make a scene right here so just hand over the money and I’ll drop your little whore off later.”

“Don’t call her that,” Nick said angrily. “She is not some whore who you just pick up for a one night stand.”

“Whatever just hand over the money and she’ll be set free,” he yelled grabbing the case of money from Nick’s hand and started running off.

The first thing Nick could think to do was run. He ran after the man.

“Stop and telling me where she is!” Nick yelled as the man jumped into an awaiting van. Nick ran trying to catch the guy who ran around to the other side where the door was. Just as they started to move Nick ran out in front of the van and was hit. The driver of the van backed up and went around him and speed off. One undercover cop car took off just as planned with a few stationed all over the area to take off following the guy later down the road.

A few undercover cops that were stationed around the park just in case jumped out of their cars calling for help as they ran towards Nick.

“Nick are you ok?” asked one of the officers.

“Can you hear us?” asked another officer.

“What just happened?” asked Nick as he tried to open his eyes.

“You were just hit by the kidnappers,” replied an officer. “Don’t move an ambulance is on its way.”

“Did someone follow them?” asked Nick.

“Yeah we’re tracking them,” answered an officer. “We also had someone walk by and accidently bump into the van and put a tracking device on it so we can tell where they are at all times.”

“Good,” he moaned. “My head is killing me.”

“Just stay still they’ll be here any moment now,” he said as he started to hear sirens. “Speaking of the devil. Ok Nick there here for you. Stay with us ok.”

“Ok,” he sighed as the paramedics jumped out of the ambulance and ran towards him.

“Ok sir we’re here to help,” one of the paramedics said. “We’re gonna place you on a stretcher and take you to the hospital sir.”

“Ok,” Nick replied.

 

******

“You hit him you idiot,” yelled one of the kidnappers as they walked into the apartment where they had Taylor. “You weren’t suppose to hit him. Are you stupid now look what you’ve done.”

“I didn’t mean to,” the other kidnapper replied. “He just ran in my way as I took off. It was all his fault.”

“Well its not gonna look like that to a lot of people,” he responded. “Lets just finish up with her and dump her somewhere.”

“Fine,” the other man said as they walked towards the room where Taylor was.

“You wanna go first or me?” he asked.

“You” the other man replied.

******

 

“Get dressed,” The kidnapper yelled.

“And don’t say anything,” said the other kidnapper. “Hurry up too.”

Once I was dressed they grabbed me by my arm and dragged me downstairs to the van. It was now late at night but I couldn’t tell because they had me blindfolded all the time I was in their apartment. I never got to see a thing.

“Get in,” yelled the kidnapper. “Ok now drive Jimmy.”

“Jimmy,” I thought to myself. “Maybe that will help find them if I ever get free.”

“Go to that back alley on Jackson and 5th,” the kidnapper started. “We can drop her off there.”

“Good idea,” replied the kidnapper so called Jimmy.

“Hurry up,” said the kidnapper. “I wanna get rid of her before to long.”

“We’re almost there,” responded Jimmy. “About five more minutes.”

“Good,” replied the kidnapper.

About five minutes later they found the closest and darkest alley way and turned down it. As soon as they were alone they jumped out and opened the door.

“Ok sweetie now here you are and if you say anything to anyone we’ll come back and get you,” said the kidnapper.

“You understand?” asked Jimmy.

“Yes,” I said wanting them to leave right now.

“Good,” said Jimmy as they jumped into the van and took off.

About five minutes later I sat on the ground and waited to make sure they were gone and I took off the blindfold.

“Ok now lets see I heard we’re at Jackson and 5th so that means we’re over near the stadium,” I told myself as I started walking towards the closest road I could see. “Ok let’s find the closest payphone I’ve got some change on me I think.” I placed my hand into my pocket and dug for change. Thankfully I had two quarters just what I needed for the phone. “Ok now where is a payphone. Let’s see Denver and Jackson has one, I think.” I walked down towards Denver watching cars pass by every now and then on Jackson.

Finally after about half an hour of walking I found a payphone. I placed the two quarters in the machine and pressed Nick’s number.

All it did was ring until after the 5th ring when I finally heard someone’s voice.

“Hello?” asked a man.

“Sorry I got the wrong number I was trying to reach someone else,” I said.

“Are you trying to reach Nick?” asked the man.

“Yes is he there?” I asked the man.

“He’s in surgery right now,” the man answered.

“Surgery,” I replied shocked. “Why? What’s wrong with him?”

“Who’s this?” the man asked.

“This is his girlfriend,” I answered. “Who’s this and why is he in surgery?”

“I’m Kevin,” Kevin answered. “Where are you?”

“Jackson and Denver,” I replied. “Why is he in surgery?”

“Let me come a get you and then we can talk once we get you ok,” he said.

“No I wanna know what’s wrong with Nick,” I cried into the phone.

“The police are on their way to get you and bring you here to the hospital,” he replied.

“I wanna know why he’s in surgery!” I screamed into the phone.

“Calm down Taylor everything is gonna be fine,” he said. “Once you get here we’ll tell you all about it.”

“No tell me Kevin,” I cried again. “I wanna know what’s going on. I have a right to know.”

“He’s fine just come in,” he started. “The cops will be there any second and their gonna bring you here.”

Just then a police car pulled up.

“Hang up the phone please,” asked the officer. “Are you Taylor Adams?”

“Yes,” I said as I hung up the phone without saying anything to Kevin.

“I’m here to pick you up and take you to the hospital.”

“Sir I need to see my boyfriend,” I said.

“After they check you out and discharge you,” he started. “Then you can go see your boyfriend but right now we need to take you in for tests.”

“I’m fine,” I replied. “I just need to see Nick.”

“Lets get in and get to the hospital first,” the officer said as he opened the car door and helped me in. “We’ll be there in no time at all.”

******

 

“Ms. Adams your families here to see you,” said the doctor as I woke up.

“Thanks,” I said as my family walked in. “Hi mom, Hi dad.”

“Baby,” my mom said as she came running towards me to hug me.

“Mom,” I cried. “Did you hear about Nick?”

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Why’s he in surgery?” I asked “I was never told.”

“He was hit by the kidnappers as he tried to run after them,” she answered.

“Oh my gosh,” I cried. “Is he ok?”

“He’s fine but he’s got a few broken bones,” she replied.

“Ms. Adams,” the doctor walked in. “I’m gonna be discharging you in about half an hour. But I do need to talk to you too alone.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Can you guys give us a moment?”

“Sure sweetie,” said my dad as they walked out the room.

“Ms. Adams,” the doctor started. “I see that you had some bruising and were sexually abused. Did this happen this week while you were missing?”

“Yes,” I cried. “They told me they’d come after me if I told anyone.”

“Its ok they won’t come after you ever again,” the doctor replied. “The police are tracking them down as we speak and are finding them. We got their DNA thanks to you so we know who they are.”

“Can I see Nick?” I asked.

“Yes,” the doctor answered. “I’ll just get the paper work for you and you can get dressed. A friend of yours brought you some new clothes to change into.”

“Thanks,” I said as I took the clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

When I got out of the bathroom the nurse was there with my papers to discharge me. I signed a few papers and before I knew it I was out of there.

“Excuse me where is Nick Carter’s room?” I asked the nurse before she left.

“I’ll find out for you,” she replied. “You wanna come with me to the desk?”

“Sure,” I said as I walked out the room.

“He’s in recovery over in the 3rd wing on the 7th floor room 717,” she said as she looked at the computer.

“How do I get that?” I asked.

“I’ll take you there,” she answered. “Its so hard to get around this hospital.”

“Thanks,” I replied. “So did it say anything about him besides his room number?”

“Sorry I’m not allowed to say anything,” she answered. “I wish I could.”

“Its ok,” I sighed. “I’ll just ask Kevin when I get up there. I just hope their still there.”

“Last I heard he still had people in the private waiting room for him.”

“Thanks,” I replied.

“Are you feeling any better?” she asked.

“You know I am,” I responded. “I’m still scared out of my mind about what happened and all but I’m trying to put it behind me. If I don’t try to think about it then I don’t really think about it and it helps. I mean the whole time I was blindfolded so I don’t know what they look like all I remember was their voices but I’m kinda glad it happened like that.”

“Well I’m glad your doing better,” she said as we got to the 7th floor. “Ok his room is right down there.”

“Thanks,” I said as she turned around and left and I walked towards the room. “Nick?”

“Taylor,” said a groggy Nick.

“Nick oh my gosh,” I said as I saw him. “I heard what happened. Are you ok?”

“I’m fine now that your safe,” he sat up. “I just broke my leg really and sprained my wrist.”

“Oh my gosh,” I said.

“How are you?” he asked.

“I’m better,” I replied. “They gave me some memory medicine to try and erase the past couple days of my life and I think its kinda helping.”

“Good,” he responded. “So are you out already?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “When do you get out?”

“The doctor said tomorrow,” he answered. “The guys and your family and Melissa and Jake a re in the waiting room.”

“I guess I should go in there,” I said.

“Yeah I guess,” he replied. “I’ll see you in a few.”

“I love you,” I leaned down to kiss him.

“I love you too,” he replied as we kissed. “Now get going.”

“Yes sir,” I laughed. It was really great to see him again and to be trying to get over this whole thing with a smile on my face. All I did was wanna forget and never be alone again.

I walked down to the waiting room and opened the door and peaked my head in, “Hi.”

“Taylor,” screamed Melissa as she jumped out of her seat and into my arms.

“Melissa,” I cried. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“We’ve missed you,” she replied. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said. “I just saw Nick. I think I’m gonna go back with him to California and take care of him. That’s if my boss will let me. I mean so far he’s let us take so many vacations since I’m just working with the guys and all. If they need to I could just do a phone conference with them whenever needed.”

“Or you can stay here and stay with me and Jake,” she responded.

“I don’t wanna put you out with you being pregnant and all,” I said.

“You wouldn’t put us out,” said Jake. “Your like a sister to us. We’ll do anything for you just like you’d do anything for us.”

“Thanks guys,” I started. “But we’ll see what happens.”

“Ok,” she replied. “Now come on lets sit down. Your parents went to go get everyone food. I told them to pick up something for you too.”

“Thanks,” I said as I sat down. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry. I forgot to say hi to you guys. I’m not myself sorry.”

“Its ok,” replied Kevin. “I’m Kevin by the way.”

“Sorry about earlier on the phone,” I apologized.

“Its ok I completely understand,” he said. “This is Howie, Brian, and AJ.”

“I remember AJ,” I said as I hugged him. “Its great to see you again. Sorry its under circumstances like this.”

“Its ok but we’re just so happy your alive a well,” he replied.

“Thanks,” I said. “Nice to meet you guys too.”

“Nice to meet you,” they both said as I hugged them.

“I didn’t get a chance to give you your hug,” I said to Kevin as I hugged him. “Thanks a lot.”

“Your welcome,” he replied.

******

 

“Your gonna be fine here all by yourself,” said Nick as I told him about my idea of going out to California with him.

“But who’s gonna take care of you?” I asked.

“I’ve got the guys out there and I’ve got friends out there too who will help me,” he answered. “I’ll be alright. I can take care of myself you know.”

“I just thought you needed help,” I said.

“No you just don’t wanna be alone that’s just it,” he responded.

“No its not,” I tried to lie.

“You were never a good liar Taylor,” he said. “Just admit your scared to be alone. And remember you’ve got Melissa who said you can live with her. Or how about this you find a new roommate.”

“I don’t know,” I replied.

“Com on who is it gonna hurt to get a new roommate?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered. “Maybe it will be better to get a roommate. I might wanna ask one of the girls down at the label.”

“See there you go there are tons of people who probably need a place closer,” he replied.

“Thanks Nick,” I smiled. “I’ll ask around tomorrow when I finally go back. So when do you leave?”

“The guys gave me a week,” he started. “But they went back today to go see their families.”

“Ok so I have a week to get a new roommate,” I noted. “Let’s get some food now cause I’m hungry.”

“Me too,” he replied as we got off the couch and headed out for a local restaurant.

******

 

“Excuse me I hear your looking for a roommate,” said a young woman.

“Hi yeah I am,” I replied. “Your Nicole from marketing aren’t you?”

“Yeah nice to meet you,” Nicole answered.

“Its great to meet you,” I replied. “I just decided since my boyfriend lives in California and won’t be here to get a roommate. But then if I ever move out they can have the place after that.”

“Well I actually just started looking for a new place since my place now is too far out of the way for me,” she said.

“Well I just gotta a few questions I have to ask you before I can make any decision,” I started. “First, do you have any criminal background?”

“Oh no,” she replied. “I’ve never been in trouble in my whole life. I’ve always been the kind to get picked on cause I was such a good goodie.”

“Great,” I responded. “Second do you like to drink and party and smoke?”

“Never really got into any of that,” she answered. “I’ve never been the big party person and smoking makes me not breath and I don’t wanna not breath.”

I laughed as I started to speak, “I know what you mean. My boyfriend smokes and it’s the worst thing but I make sure he doesn’t smoke in the house. Ok third question, what do you think of dogs?”

“I love them,” she replied. “ I hope you don’t mind but I have a chocolate cocker spaniel.”

“Aww I so don’t mind I actually have one too named Lucy,” I said. “Oh and last question do you have a boyfriend?”

“I do,” she smiled. “We’ve been going out for a couple months so far but nothing too serious.”

“Ok well all I’ve got to say is that you can bring him over and everything just I don’t wanna hear anything,” I told her.

“Oh I don’t do anything like that,” she said quickly. “I believe you should wait for marriage. I’ve been brought up in the church so I have a church I go to ever Sunday here.”

“Oh that sounds great,” I replied. “I never found a church when I moved away from home.”

“You should come one time to check it out,” she said.

“I’d love to,” I responded. “Oh and I’d love to have you move in. You sound really fun and we can carpool to work when we need to. But just to tell you I go on tour this summer.”

“I know all about the tour,” she replied.

“Great,” I said. “You can move in as soon as possible.”

“Great how does Friday sound?” she asked.

“Sounds perfect,” I stated. “Can’t wait. My boyfriend is gonna be here until next week if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all I’d love to meet him,” she replied. “What’s his name?”

“Nick,” I answered.

“Ok,” she responded. “My boyfriend is Andy and he’ll be helping me move so you’ll be able to meet him then.”

“Great can’t wait,” I replied. “See ya Friday.”

“See ya then,” she said as we walked in our different directions.

Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you liked it. I'll try my best to update soon.