- Text Size +

“Babe I got someone to share the place with,” I yelled as I ran through the door.

“Aww that’s great,” he replied.

“she’s gonna move in Friday I hope you don’t mind,” I told him.

“Not at all,” he responded.

“Great,” I said. “I told her she could. Her boyfriend is gonna help her move in. So she’ll be here before you have to go back to California.”

“But don’t forget I’m not leaving until you leave for tour,” he replied.

“How could I forget that,” I smiled. “I never forget when my man is leaving town.”

“That’s good,” he replied as he pulled me into a kiss.

******

 

“Ok your room is over here,” I pointed to Melissa’s old room as Nicole moved in. “You can put your stuff out here for right now if you want too.”

“Thanks,” replied Nicole as she put the box in her hand down.

“This is a really nice place you have here,” said Andy as he place a box next to the one Nicole had just put down.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked out the door with them. “I’m glad to get a new roommate with Nick leaving soon.”

“Well I’m glad you allowed me to move in,” Nicole said. “I can’t believe how close I am to work now.”

“Yeah I know its pretty close,” I replied. “How much more stuff do we have to get?”

“Only about seven more boxes,” she answered.

“Sorry Nick’s not working he’s kinda still recuperating from his accident,” I apologized as Nick laid on the couch watching TV.

“Its ok we’ve got a strong man here with us,” she laughed.

“Good,” I laughed along. “Lets get these boxes in.”

******

 

“Oh my gosh dinner was amazing,” stated Nicole. “Thanks for bringing us here.”

“Oh no problem,” I replied. “Its mine and Nick’s favorite pizza joint here in town.”

“I wish they had one out in California so when I’m out there I could take the guys for lunch while we’re recording or something.”

“I wish I could have them with me all the tour this summer,” I laughed. “ You guys ready to go?”

“Sure,” Andy answered. “Its getting late and I’ve got to be at work early tomorrow.”

“Aww really honey?” she asked.

“Yeah sorry,” he answered. “It was great meeting you both though and getting to know you both some. I’ll see you both later hopefully. You ready to go baby?”

“You can go with us if you want,” I offered. “It’ll probably be better since we live there and he’s gotta get up early.”

“You sure?” asked Nicole.

“Yeah,” Nick replied.

“Ok then I’ll see you later honey,” Nicole said as she gave Andy a kiss. “Bye.”

“Bye babe,” he replied. “I’ll see you both later. Bye.”

“Bye,” we both said at the same time.

“Ok so I’m ready to head off and get some shut eye I need to be into work tomorrow for some more meetings,” I said as we got out of the booth that we had been setting at for the past two hours talking.

******

 

Before I knew it time had passed by and it was time for me to leave for tour with Rascal Flatts.

“Ok so you need to be ready to head out for the tour by 9 a.m. at the latest tomorrow,” said my boss as we had a meeting. “We’re gonna meet here and head out on our tour buses from here. We have the buses assigned so I’ll tell you if you’ve got your own or have to share in a second. Another thing, I’ve been asked about pets. I don’t have a problem with them, but clean up after them and don’t make a mess wit them. I don’t want anyone yelling at me for one of your pets.” He paused as he grabbed the clipboard with the info on who was with who on it. “Ok so Jay, Gary, Joe Don, and Taylor ya’ll have your own tour buses.” He went on until everyone was assigned a bus. I was so happy to find out that I had my own bus so that if Nick came like he said he wanted to he could. I had told my boss that I’d like a tour bus for myself just incase he stopped in. No one knew when he would actually do that too cause Nick loved to surprise me. “Ok so I think that’s it for today. Just remember 9 a.m. tomorrow no later. Don’t forget to pack everything you need we’ll be on the road for a few months and then you’ll get a break at the end of June until July 12th when we head out for the rest of the summer tour and into the fall. We’ll end that tour before the holidays start in November. Ok so I think that’s all. If I forgot anything I’ll just tell ya’ll tomorrow. So what time are you to be here by?”

“9 a.m.,” we all replied at once.

“Great,” he replied. “I’ll see you then. Have a great day.”

As soon as he said that I said my goodbyes and headed back home. Today was my last day to be with Nick. He was leaving and I was leaving. He was heading home to California to start working on a new Backstreet Boys album while I was on tour. We promised we’d meet back up at Thanksgiving down at my parents place in Florida. I so couldn’t wait for that time.

I got into my truck and before I knew it I was walking into my apartment.

“Nick?” I yelled as I put my purse and keys down.

“In the kitchen,” he yelled back.

“Hey,” I said as I walked into the kitchen. “So what’d you today?”

“Nothing really just laid around since its my last day with you,” he answered. “What’d you do?”

“Well we just had our last meeting until tomorrow when I have to be there at 9 to take off,” I replied. “I got my own bus.”

“Awesome,” he started. “I’ll so have to take advantage of that this tour.”

“Oh really,” I said as we walked into the living room. “Well I can’t wait to see what you do. Now I’m gonna go get into my pjs and then lounge out on the couch for the night. You wanna hang with me?”

“What else would I do?” he asked.

“True,” I replied as I went to go get changed.

******

 

“I’m gonna miss you,” I cried as I held Nick close. “I’m gonna call you ever day I can. We can e-mail pictures back and forth too.”

“I’ll make sure I plan some time off for us in Florida and I’ll try to see you before then if the guys let me and all,” Nick replied. “I’ll call you as soon as my flight lands in California tonight so you know I’m safe. Oh and be very careful I don’t wanna get anymore bad calls.”

“I‘ll be careful and don‘t forget I got all these guys around me to watch out for me,” I responded. “I’ll be waiting for that call. I’ll have my phone on at anytime so you can get a hold of me. I love you.
“I love you too,” he replied as he let go of me and kneeled down at Lucy. “I’m gonna miss you too Lucy.”

“She’ll miss you,” I cried some more.

“Don’t cry,” he stood back up. “It won’t be that long before we see each other again right?”

“Yeah I guess,” I answered.

“Ok everyone time for one big prayer before we hit the road,” yelled my boss as we all came together to pray. “Dear God please bless all these people around me here today with the strength and power to get through these next few months. Pray that they stay safe and out of harms way. I also pray that they have a safe trip to each stop and a wonderful time during each show. Please watch after each and every single one of them and guide them through this tour. In Jesus’ precious name we pray, Amen.”

“Amen,” we all replied at once as we lifted our heads and said one last goodbye to our loved ones who were with us to say goodbye.

“I love you and don’t forget it,” Nick said as he walked me to my bus with Lucy.

“I love you too,” I replied. “And I’ll never forget you.”

“Good,” he smiled. “Now I’ll see you in a few weeks. It will go by so quickly you won’t even know what happened.”

“I hope so,” I smiled back. “Well you gotta go get ready for your plane and I gotta head out so I’ll call you later.”

“Ok,” he replied. “I’ll call you when I land. I love you.”

“I love you,” I kissed him and then he left. He left me and Lucy all alone on the bus heading for Wisconsin. I couldn’t wait for the break so I could surprise him and see him in California with the guys.

******

 

“Its ok I mean so far I’ve just been on the bus traveling and watching some TV,” I said as I talked on the phone with Melissa.

“Well at least your getting to see the country if you want and you’ve got anything you need probably,” Melissa replied.

“Not everything,” I said. “I wish I had some more magazines cause I know I’ll read all these by the end of today. I’ve got like five.”

“Soon you’ll be having to get into those teen magazines to keep you company,” she joked.

“I know,” I laughed. “Hey I gotta go the bus just stopped and I think we’re heading for food cause I see a burger king outside the door.”

“Ok girly I’ll talk to you later,” she responded. “Be safe.”

“I will,” I replied. “Say hi to Jake for me.”

“Ok I will,” she said.

“Ok talk to you later,” I responded. “Bye.”

“Ok bye,” she replied as I pressed the end button and walked towards the door. “We stopping for food?”

“Yeah,” the driver answered as he opened the door.

“Thanks I’m starving,” I said as I walked out the door and over to the guys who were waiting for me. “Hey.”

“Hey,” replied Gary. “Hope your hungry.”

“I am,” I responded as we walked inside and got lunch.

We had lunch inside and talked about anything and everything. We had a great time laughing and making jokes about each other. As soon as we were done we head back to our buses but instead of Gary, Jay, and Joe Don getting on their own buses with their girlfriend and wives they got on my bus with me since I had the cleanest bus so far. We didn’t wanna be bored so we decided we’d hang out and have fun until we got tired.

“So what do you wanna do?” I asked as we sat in the front area of the tour bus where the couches were.

“How about we just have fun and chill,” Gary’s wife, Tara, recommended.

“Sounds good to me,” replied Jay’s wife Allison. “So how’s life?”

“Its good,” I answered. “I wish Nick was here though. I kinda feel left out with all you having someone with you.”

“Hey don’t feel left out at one point or another their not gonna be here on the tour,” said Gary.

“true but still they can be here with you more then Nick can,” I replied.

“Not Tiffany,” Joe Don spoke up. “She’s actually having to leave in a few days to go do a shoot out in LA.”

“How about we do something fun while we’re all here,” said Jay. “Lets play a game or something. Change the mood around.”

“Good idea,” responded Gary. “Got any good games Taylor?”

“I’ve got catchphrase,” I answered.

“I love that game,” smiled Tiffany. “How about girls vs. guys? Theirs gonna always be one extra on a team.”

“Deal,” said the guys. “But we’re gonna win.”

“We’ll see about that,” I laughed as I got up to get the game. “Ok here it is. The guys can start since they have less people.”

“Ok,” replied Tiffany.

“Here we go start the buzzer,” said Jay as he started the game. “Not big but what? Another word for little.”

“Small,” yelled Gary as they passed the game piece.

“Umm ok,” I started as I looked down at my word. “Uh ok dogs have them. So do cats. They walk on them.”

“Feet,” yelled out Allison.

“No,” I answered. “What else is it called?”

“Paw?” replied Tara.

“Yeah,” I answered as I passed the game piece.

We played on and on for hours until we finally decided to take a break and get some dinner and go back to each of our own buses.

As I got onto my bus I heard my phone ringing in my room.

“Hello,” I said as I breathed.

“You ok?” the man on the other line asked.

“Yeah I just was running to get the phone I’m out of breath that’s all,” I answered. “So how are you?”

“I’m good,” answered Nick. “I just got home and decided I’d call.”

“Well I’m glad you did,” I replied. “What took you so long to get home?”

“I stopped off for dinner and my flight was delayed by a few hours so I was at the airport longer than I wanted to be,” he responded.

“I hate when that happens,” I said. “I’m glad your home safe though.”

“Me too,” he replied. “So how’s tour life for you?”

“I love it so far,” I started. “I had the guys and their better halves over for some games before dinner.”

“Sounds like fun,” he replied.

“It was,” I laughed. “I think Lucy misses you.”

“Well I miss you both,” he said.

“I miss you too,” I replied. “I felt so out of place today since they all had someone with them and I didn’t.”

“Hey I feel left out, out here since everyone has someone with them and I don’t have anyone with me since your gone on tour,” he noted. “I’ll be out with you before you know it. And then you’ll be here before you know it.”

“Yeah I know,” I replied. “So what should I watch tonight? I’m kinda in the mood for a movie.”

“Goonies,” he suggested.

“Don’t have that one on me sorry,” I replied.

“Darn,” he joked. “I don’t know then. Just pick any girly one you have. How about Runaway Bride.”

“I do have that one,” I responded. “That doesn’t sound bad. Thanks I’ll put that one in.”

“Ok,” he replied.

“Well I don’t wanna hang up but I’m getting tired so I’m gonna put in the movie and go to bed,” I yawned.

“You sound tired,” he replied. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow some time during my break.”

“Ok,” I yawned again. “I’ll talk to you then. Love you.”

“Love you too,” he said as he hung up the phone.

As soon as I put my phone down I threw in Runaway Bride and got on my pjs.

******

 

“Knock knock,” said Tara as she walked onto my bus. “Hey sorry if I woke you up.”

“Oh its ok,” I told her. “I need to get up anyways. So what’s up?”

“We’re here,” she answered. “We’re just about to go see what the venue looks like and then get ready for the sound check.”

“Great,” I replied. “I’m gonna take a shower and get dressed and then I’ll be out.”

“Ok take your time,” she said. “We’ll be just laying around since the guys are playing around right now.”

“Ok,” I responded as she started off my bus.

As I made it towards the back of my bus and no one was on it I turned to my portable CD player and put in one of my many CD’s and turned it up as loud as it could go. I then turned on the water and grabbed some clothes out of my room to change into. As I jumped into the shower I started to sing along to the music as it played.

“I look and stare so deep in your eyes
I touch on you more and more every time
When you leave I’m beggin you not to go
Call your name two, three times in a row
Such a funny thing for me to try to explain
How I’m feeling and my pride is the one to blame
Yeah, cause I know I don't understand
Just how your love can do what no on else can

Got me lookin so crazy right now
Your love's got me lookin so crazy right now
Got me lookin so crazy right now your touch's
Got me lookin so crazy right now
Got me hoping you page me right now your kiss's
Got me hoping you save me right now
Lookin so crazy your love's got me lookin
Got me lookin so crazy your love”
By the end my shower I was done with that CD and onto the next.

“It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Well, you take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and I understand

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe that we can make it through anything

Oh baby, it's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Oh, oh baby you're my better half
Ooh, hey baby you're my better half”

“Lets see where everyone is now,” I talked to myself as I got off my bus. I walked off the bus and over to where the venue was. As I walked inside I could hear the noise of people talking.

“Finally your up,” joke Jay as I walked into the dressing room.

“Sorry I had to take a shower and I just didn’t want to get out,” I replied.

“Its ok,” he responded. “At least your clean.”

“Thanks,” I laughed. “So you ready for the fans to come in for the sound check?”

“Yeah,” answered Gary.

“They should be coming in about an hour so let me go check the stage and see how everything’s going,” I stated. “Ya’ll just hang tight and I’ll be back.”

“Ok,” they all said together as I turned around and walked out the room to the stage.

******

 

“Ok ya’ll ready?” I asked the crowd as I was about to introduce Rascal Flatts. “Ok here they are, Jay, Gary, and Joe Don also known as Rascal Flatts.”

The crowd screamed as I left the stage and the guys came walking on.

I stood off to the side and watch the sound check as it went on and on. They were just so good I couldn’t stop watching them. Just as they were about to end my phone started to ring.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey baby,” I heard Nick say over the phone.

“Hey you,” I said as I walked away from the noise as good as I could.

“So how’s things going?” he asked.

“Good the sound check is just going on right now,” I answered.

“Cool,” he replied.

“How are you?” I asked.

“Good,” he started. “We just finished a few songs. The album is suppose to be done by Summer of next year.”

“Great,” I replied. “I so can’t wait to hear it. I bet I’ll love it.”

“I’ll send you a finished song when I get the chance,” he told me.

“Great,” I replied. “Hey I don’t mean to cut you short but I’ve gotta go do something on stage since the sound check is ending. I love you.”

“Love you too,” he said as we both hung up the phone.

I walked back onto the stage and took one of the extra microphones.

“Well that’s all for today,” I started. “They’ll come down and take some pictures and sign some autographs then they’ve gotta go. Thanks for coming and we’ll see you tonight for the concert.”

The boys said their thanks and jumped down to the floor and walked over to the fans to start taking pictures and giving autographs.

As I walked off to the side of the stage her phone rang again. This time it was Melissa calling.

“Hello,” I answered my phone.

“Oh my gosh Taylor I don’t know to do,” panicked Jake on the other end of the phone.

“Calm down Jake what’s the matter?” I asked kinda scared that something bad had happened.

“Melissa she fell down the stairs this afternoon while doing laundry,” he started. “I was at work and she called me. I don’t know what to do. What if something happened to the baby.”

“Jake its gonna be ok,” I told him. “You know Melissa she is probably more scared then you. She’s going through a tougher time. Just calm down and be there for her. If something happens then do what’s only right in your opinion and if everything is fine then great.”

“Thanks Taylor,” he replied.

“Call me if you know anything,” I said.

“I will as soon as they get her out of all the testing,” he responded. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I replied as I hung up my phone. “I hope she’s ok.” I walked to get some water and I silently prayed to God that everything would be fine and the baby would be healthy.

Chapter End Notes:

First song is "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce ft. Jay-Z.

Second song is "You’re My Better Half" by Keith Urban.

I'd love to know what you think about my story. Please leave a comment I'd like to know what you think might happen. Thanks.