- Text Size +

“Nick they lost the baby,” I said sadly as I talked to Nick over the phone.

“Oh my gosh that’s so terrible,” he replied. “How are they doing?”

“Melissa is taking it hard,” I answered. “Jake is just trying to comfort her at the moment.”

“How’d she lose it?” he asked.

“She fell down the stairs the other day while Jake was at work,” I responded.

“Oh my gosh,” he replied. “I so hope she’s ok. She would have made a great mom.”

“Yeah I know,” I said. “I wish I could be there but I can’t. I can’t take anytime off from this tour. I just hope everything goes ok for them.”

“Yeah I know,” he responded. “She’ll be ok. She’s a tough women.”

“I hope so,” I replied. “Well I just thought I’d call and tell you the bad news.”

“Thanks,” he said.

“Well I gotta get going I have to get ready for the show it starts soon,” I told him. We were on our third show that night.

“Ok I’ll talk to you later then,” he responded. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I said back as I hung up the phone and threw my hair up in a ponytail. As soon as I slipped on my flip flops I got off my bus and ran into the venue. The opening act had ended about 5 minutes ago and they were putting last minute touches to the stage up.

“You ready?” I asked as I walked into the dressing room.

“Yeah its gonna be fun,” answered Jay. “So how was your friend Melissa?”

“Not so well she lost the baby,” I answered sadly.

“Oh my gosh,” gasped Tara. “That’s so sad. I hope she’s gonna be ok.”

“Yeah me too,” I started. “Jake’s comforting her the best he can right now. But lets not think about that lets think about the fun night we have ahead of us tonight.”

“Yeah,” They agreed as they got up to form a prayer circle.

After we prayed the guys went to get their microphones and hear buds for the show.

“Are you ready for the best selling country group Rascal Flatts?” the announcer asked as the lights went out.

The crowd screamed in reply as Jay, Gary, and Joe Don walked onto stage.

“Hello Columbia.,” yelled Gary as the music started to play.

“I, I've always been a little shy
I’ve always been the quiet type till now
And I, I, I, I never let my feelings show
I never let anybody know
Just how much I was so deep in love
But now that you’re in my arms

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud,” I started to sing along as the show began.

You keep bringing out the free in me
What you do to my heart just makes me melt
And I, I, I, I don’t think I can resist
But I’ve never been one to kiss and tell
Our love is true can’t be subdued
So I’m gonna let out a yell

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud

Baby, I want the whole world to see
Just how good your love looks on me

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud

Baby, I love to love you out loud
Yeah, I love to love you out loud.”

******

 

“Awesome concert guys,” I said as we walked out towards the buses. “So we’re gonna head straight to the next city tonight and then after that concert we have a day off while we drive to the next city and then we can go from there later.”

“Great thanks,” said Joe Don. “Anything good new on TV tonight?

“Cops,” Jay answered as we got closer to the buses. “What its after 11 so its not on.”

“Something’s gotta be on if not theirs always movies,” said Gary.

“Good idea,” Joe Don replied. “Well I’ll see you all tomorrow. Night.”

“Night,” I said as I got onto my bus and shut my door. I walked back to my bedroom and changed into my pjs and jumped into bed. I turned on the TV to Nick At Nite and laid there watching whatever they had on as I feel asleep.

******

 

“What time is it?” I asked myself as I woke up and looked at the clock. “Man its only 9:30. I wish I could sleep in.” I got out of bed and into the shower for about ten minutes and then I was out. When I was finally ready I went and got food from my kitchen on the bus. “Lets see cereal looks good. Frosted flakes it is.” I grabbed a bowl and then a spoon so I could pour me a bowl of cereal and milk.

About fifteen minutes later I was finished with my breakfast so I decided to go see where we were and what the guys were doing this morning. Like always they were playing basketball together at the court that the venue had for the different artist that performed there.

“Foul,” yelled Jay as he was pushed. Gary passed the ball as Jay walked to the foul line.

“one on one on one?” I asked as they were getting into foul shot position.

“Yep,” answered Jay. “Ok now be quite cause its my shot.”

I chuckled as he said that and shot the ball.

“Come on come on,” whispered Jay.

“Good shot,” I said as it made it in.

“Just luck,” joked Gary as they went back to playing.

“Once you guys are done here you need to get ready for the sound check at noon,” I told them as they played. “Its already like ten so hurry up.”

“Ok,” said Joe Don as he made a shot.

“I see you in a few,” I said as I walked off to go check on things inside.

******

 

“Make sure the microphones are working and have their chairs out there,” I said as I got the last minute touches done as it was 11:30 and people were starting to arrive for the sound check. I pulled out my phone to call Gary as I walked around the stage to double check everything. “Gary hey are you ready? Great people are starting to arrive. I’ll be back there in a few once I’m done here to get you guys for the sound check. Ok I’ll be there soon bye.” Just as I hung up my phone rang. “Hello.”

“Hey,” said my mom.

“Mom oh my gosh how long has it been since I talked to you,” I replied.

“I know its been forever,” she stated. “I miss talking to you.”

“Me too,” I replied. “So what’s up?”

“I just called to tell you that your father and I got this weekend off and were wondering if you wanted us to come join you for a show or two,” she said.

“I’d love that,” I responded. “Hey did Melissa’s parents tell you?”

“About the baby?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“I heard that’s just sad,” she replied. “No one deserves to go through that. She’s gonna be ok. Trust me, I’ve been there and it was a horrible time. But then a year later you were born.”

“Well Jake says he’s there with her and he took off some time from work to help her,” I told my mom. “Hey mom I’d love to keep talking but I’ve got to get the guys on stage for the sound check. I’ll talk to you later about details for the trip. Love you.”

“Love you too sweetie,” she said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I replied as I hung up the phone and walked towards the dressing room. “Ok guys time for the sound check.”

“Ok we’re coming,” said Jay.

******

 

A few days later I was on my way out to pick up my parents at the airport. They were coming in early in the day so they could come to the sound check and then the concert tonight and tomorrow then fly out on the third day.

“Gate B?” I asked my mom as I got close to the airport.

“Yeah we’ll be waiting there when you get here,” my mom answered.

“Ok look forward to seeing you both,” I told her.

“Us too,” she replied. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I said as I hung up the phone and the limo came to a stop. I got out and thanked the driver as I ran inside. “Where is gate b?”

“Go to the left then when you get to the end there go to the right and you’ll see signs there for gate b,” a airport staff member answered.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked towards the gate.

“Taylor,” I heard my dad yell as he saw me walk towards him.

“Daddy,” I ran towards them. As I got to them I gave them each a big hug.

“I’ve missed you,” my mom said as she kissed my cheek.

“I’ve missed ya’ll too,” I replied. “Lets get going so we can get back in enough time for an early lunch before the sound check.”

“Ok,” my dad said as we made our way towards the limo.

“So how’s everything in Florida?” I asked.

“Its great,” my mom answered. “Jason the boy that used to live down the street from us got married about a year or so ago and moved into Nick’s old place. They just had their first baby.”

“Aww,” I replied. “A little boy or girl?”

“Little boy,” my dad answered. “They named him Kevin after his dad.”

“That’s cute,” I stated. “I miss seeing Jason. I should stop by there some time.”

“He’d probably love seeing an old friend,” my mom said as we got to the limo.

“I’ll try to see him when we’re in Tampa if we end up there this tour,” I told them.

“So how’s everything on tour?” my dad asked.

“Great so far,” I answered. “Melissa and Jake were suppose to come out on the tour with me for a few days next month but that’s been canceled due to their status. Then Nick is in California recording with the guys.”

“Well at least we could make it out here for you,” my mom replied. “So anything we should be aware of on this tour?”

“Um lets see,” I started. “Jay and Gary have their wives with them and Joe Don ever now and then has his girlfriend out on the road. Lets see I don’t think there’s anything else you need to know. Oh its gonna be loud.”

“All concerts are like that,” laughed my dad.

“True,” I smiled.

“So how’s work going?” asked my mom.

“Great,” I answered. “it’s a lot of fun. I do a lot of stuff but I get to travel around for free.”

“Sounds like you love this job,” my dad said.

“I do,” I replied.

“Would you ever see yourself quitting this job?” asked my mom.

“Maybe if it some how interfered with my life later on,” I answered. “Say if I ended up marrying Nick or someone like him I would want to not be away from him while he’s home or he’s away while I’m home or both of us gone at the same time. I’d want us to both be together so maybe I’d give up my career for him.”

“Well at least you know if you had to give up your career you would have money to live on,” my dad said.

“I don’t really care about the money dad,” I told him. “I have my own and if I needed money I could always go back to managing again.

“True,” my dad replied.

“Well here we are,” I said as the limo stopped at the venue. “You both a re gonna have a great time tonight and tomorrow. Oh and we’ve got it planned to go out between the sound check and the show for an early dinner.”

“Great can’t wait,” said my mom as we got out of the limo.

******

 

“That was some great food,” I said as we were driving towards the venue after our early dinner.

“It was,” Joe Don agreed. “So how are you both enjoying it here?”

“Its great,” my mom answered. “I can’t wait for the show. If it was anything like the sound check its gonna be great tonight.”

“Well thanks Mrs. Adams,” said Gary.

“Well Mom we’ve all got to start getting ready for the show so you and dad can do whatever you want before the show starts if you want,” I told them as I got out of the limo. “I’ll call you when I’m done and can come find you both.”

“Ok we’ll see you all later then,” my dad said as I left for the venue.

******

 

“I love him but right now its not the time to be thinking about that,” I started as I was on the road with my parents the last night they were with me on tour. My parents last show had just ended and they were leaving the next morning. My mom at the moment was asking me if I’d ever marry Nick and how serious our relationship was at the moment. “We’ve been together over a year I know but still we’re both fully into our careers at the moment and that’s what we want at the moment. We’ll decided what to do later on if it comes up.”

“I was just wondering because everyone else is getting married,” my mom said. “Jason got married after a year with his wife and they have a baby now. Melissa got married and look at her.”

“Yeah she just lost a baby,” I responded. “I know what your trying to say but I’ll get married when I do Mom. Look I want you and Dad to be there for me when I get married so don’t worry I’ll do it before anything happens. Even if I’m with someone else I’ll marry the guy I’m with if any of you are on the verge of death I promise.”

“Real funny Taylor,” my mom replied. “I’m serious I want you to marry the right man. It just seems that your getting serious here and I wanted to know if anything was gonna happen with you two.”

“Mom if there was you’d be one of the first to know,” I replied. “Now I’m gonna go to my bunk. Night Mom love you.”

“Love you too,” she responded as I got into my bunk since my mom and dad were sleeping in my bed.

I crawled into the bunk and grabbed my laptop and opened it. I turned it on and went straight to my e-mail.

“Hey its me just writing to say hi and I miss you. I really do,” I started to write an e-mail. “So my parents are still with me on tour until tomorrow when they go back to Tampa. My mom was asking about you and us. She wants me to get married soon. I told her that I’d get married when I was ready and that if she or my dad got sick and were about to die I’d marry whoever I was with right then no matter what just for them. Of course you know my mom she was all I want you to know him and him to be good for you. She’s all talking about that because Jason from Young just moved into your old place and got married and they have a new baby boy named Kevin. I think with him just getting married and having a baby and Melissa and Jake getting married and losing a baby it makes my mom want me to be married so she can have a grandbaby since I’m the oldest child. Hey I got a call from Jake and he said that Melissa’s doing a lot better now. They said they wanna keep trying for another baby soon. Jake said they were gonna start trying in like August to give Melissa time to heal. Man I miss you so much. I can’t think of anything else right now. I so can’t wait till we’re in California for a show so I can stop in and see you. It seems like forever since I saw you last and it really wasn’t that long ago. What like a month ago was when I last saw you. Well I’m gonna try and get some sleep for now cause I gotta be up early to take my parents to the airport. Love ya. Miss ya.”

******

 

“Bye Mom,” I hugged her goodbye as I was dropping them off at the airport. “I’m gonna miss having you both here. Bye Dad.”

“Bye baby,” said my dad as he hugged me.

“Well call you when we get to Tampa to tell you we’re safe,” said my mom. “I love you.”

“I love too Mom,” I hugged her again. “Love you too Dad.”

“Bye,” they both said at once.

“Bye,” I said as they walked towards the airport entrance.

I got onto my tour bus and took off for the next stop on the tour.