- Text Size +

“I miss you too,” I read as I finished reading Nick’s e-mail back to me. He had told me told me that he couldn’t wait to see me when I got to California and that the other guys were looking forward to seeing me again. As the bus came to a stop I logged off thinking I’d e-mail him later in the week when I got another chance. I was finally back home in Nashville for a couple of days during the tour.

"Finally we stop at home," I thought to myself as I got off the bus with Lucy and got into my truck to drive home for the night. I had told the guys earlier in the day that I was just gonna get dropped off at my truck and head home since it was gonna be late when we got in anyways. I told them I'd meet up the next day at the venue. "Lucy lets get in and try not to wake Nicole. Its late and she's probably fast asleep which I wish I could be."

We walked into the apartment into total darkness. I shut the door behind us and locked the door. I placed my overnight bag onto the couch and went to get ready for bed.

As soon as I was ready I got into bed with Lucy next to me and turned on the TV to whatever was good that was on. I ended up falling asleep a few minutes after I turned on the TV.

The next morning I woke up a loud sound, it sounded like someone just had broken a glass or something. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see Nicole cleaning up the glass she had just dropped.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh you scared me," jumped Nicole.

"Sorry," I said as Nicole stood up with the broken pieces in here hand. She looked different from the last time I had seen her. She was bigger then I had remembered.

"Its ok I went to grab a plate and I hit the glass off the counter," she replied. "Sorry."

"Its ok," I started. "I don't mean to be rude but have you gain wait lately?"

"Oh my gosh it completely slipped my mind those times we talked on the phone these last few months you've been gone," she started to answer. "Me and Andy got engaged a month ago and I found out we're gonna have a baby."

"Man everyone's having babies right now," I laughed. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," she replied. "We don't know what we're gonna do right now. I mean we both have apartments and his is smaller then this one. I didn't want to invade you by moving him in here and then with a baby on the way it will be way to much. I was thinking," she paused. "I was thinking I move out before long."

"You wouldn't be invading me," I said being nice. "A baby would be great if you want to just have him move in here. I mean like I've been here much lately anyways."

"I don't know its probably gonna be a lot for us," she said. "We were looking at places outside of town and found a couple cute places we like."

"Aww well I hope you get a great place," I replied. "I'm gonna go take a shower and get a few things done before I have to go down to the venue tonight. You and Andy still coming?"

"We wouldn't miss it," she answered. "Thanks for the tickets."

"No sweat," I replied as I turned around and headed towards the shower. I grabbed my cell phone off my night stand and placed it on the bathroom sink counter while I turned on the shower. I turned on the phone to see if I missed any calls and sure enough I missed a few from Nick and one from Jake and Melissa. I placed down my phone thinking I'd call them later and undressed and hopped in the shower.

"Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
She's all I want and I've waited for so long
Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom
Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
Stacy's mom has got it goin' on” I sang as I shampooed my hair. I quickly forgot the rest of the song and started another one.

After I finished my shower I got dressed and went to my bedroom to make some phone calls. First call was to Melissa and Jake.

“Hello,” said Melissa as she answered the phone.

“Hey,” I replied. “You ready for tonight?”

“Oh yeah,” she said. “You’ve got me three tickets right?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “Who’s the third person.”

“No one you know,” she lied. “You’ll meet them later.”

“Ok,” I said. “Hey well I was just calling to see if you where coming and tell you I’ll meet you at the venue at 6.”

“Ok,” she said.

“I have a few more things to do so I’ll see you then,” I told her as we said our goodbyes and hung up. “Next to call is Nick.”

As I dialed his number it just kept ringing until finally his answering machine picked up, “Hi this is Nick sorry I couldn’t get to the phone right now, but apparently I’m busy so just leave a message and I’ll try and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.”

“Hey babe just calling to return your calls,” I started recording my message. “Sorry I missed you last night I was either asleep or didn’t have my phone near me when you called sorry. I also wanted to tell you I miss you still and wish I could be with you. I love you. I’ll see you in a few weeks cause our last stop is California. Anyways I’ll talk to you later, oh and there’s a show tonight so if I don’t answer the phone between 6 and 11 you’ll know why. Love ya bye.” I hung up the phone and called the guys to make sure everything was fine and got ready to head back to my tour bus.

I grabbed my purse as I was finished getting dressed.

“Come on Lucy we gotta get to the venue and get some food,” I said as we walked out of my bedroom. “Hey Nicole. Sorry I’m not sticking around longer I gotta be there at the venue and all. I’ll see you at 6 right?”

“Oh yeah me and Andy wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Nicole answered.

“Great,” I replied. “See you then.”

“See you then,” she said as I opened the door and walked out with Lucy.

******

 

“Ok so everything’s set?” I asked double checking the stage for the show that was gonna start in a couple of hours.

“Yes,” said the stage manager as he placed the microphones in the stands.

“Great,” I replied. “Ok well I’ve got some friends coming for the show so I’m gonna go meet up with them real quick just keep up the great job.”

“Ok,” he responded as I headed for the front of the venue to meet up with Nicole, Andy, Jake, Melissa, and their friend.

As I went backstage I stopped by the guys dressing room to make sure they were doing ok and continued towards the front.

I saw a group of friend as I walked out the venue doors standing in the sun trying to stay warm in the winter cold.

“Hey ya’ll,” I said as I got close to them.

“Taylor,” smiled Melissa. It had been forever since I had seen her and Jake. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too,” I noted. “You look great.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “So do you.”

“Thanks,” I said. “So I only see four where’s the fifth person?”

“I was just about to call and see where he was,” said Jake as he pulled out his cell phone.

“So what’s his name?” I asked.

“We’ll introduce you when he gets here,” answered Melissa.

“He said he’s on his way right now,” said Jake.

“Ok well I hope he hurries cause I’m freezing out here,” I shivered.

“Oh here he comes,” said Jake looking behind me.

I turned around and saw Nick walking towards me and I started to lose it. I took off running and at the same time I was crying. All the emotions from missing him where showing.

“Nick,” I breathed. I ran into his arms and kissed him passionately. “What are you doing here?”

“Surprise!” Nick smirked.

“Melissa and Jake?” I asked.

“Yeah and Nicole,” he answered. “They wanted me to surprise you for this concert since we haven’t seen each other since you left for the tour and I left for California. Now lets get inside its cold and mostly not good for the pregnant women.”

“How’d you know Nicole was pregnant?” I asked. “And its woman babe since she’s the only one pregnant around here.

“She told me when I talked to her earlier this year about the surprise,” he answered.

“And its women,” interrupted Melissa. “I’m pregnant.”

“What!?” I asked.

“We just found out a few weeks ago and wanted to tell you when we saw you,” said Jake.

“Oh my gosh,” I smiled. “Congratulations. I hope you have a healthy baby next year. You’ll have to bring the baby to a show too.”

“Oh we totally will,” Melissa started. “And Nick we’re coming to one of yours too.”

“Hey I’d love that,” Nick replied. “Nicole you and Andy are invited too.”

“Thanks,” Nicole spoke up. “We’d love it.”

“Hey well lets get inside I’m freezing,” I said as I turned towards the door and started walking with Nick hand-in-hand.

******

 

“I’d like to dedicate this next song to a special lady in our lives that does so much for us here on tour,” Gary started. “She knows who she is and here’s the song.”

The music started playing as Gary started to sing,

“I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you”

“Nick this is our song just listen,” I told him as he held me tight and we swayed to the music.

“Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.”

“That is so our song,” I said as it ended.

“Yeah it is,” Nick replied. “I wish we could stay here with each other forever.”

“Me too,” I said .” I love you.”

“I love you too,” he turned around and kissed me passionately.

******

 

“Thanks so much for tonight,” thanked Nicole as they were about to leave after talking with Gary, Jay, and Joe Don after the concert for a few.

“It was great to have come of Taylor’s friends out at a show I wish you could all come to more of the shows,” replied Jay.

“We wish we could too but I gotta watch this pregnancy closer then the last one,” Melissa sadly said.

“Your gonna have the cutest kid ever,” I assured her as I put my arm around here. “Now come on they’ve got one last night at home and probably wanna get there and I know I do. I’ll see you all tomorrow at noon to take off ok.”

“Great,” Gary said. “We’ll meet you at noon.”

“See you then,” I said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” they all said at once as we left.

I got into my truck with Lucy and Nick and started off towards home.

“So you leave at noon?” Nick asked breaking the silence.

“Yeah,” I sadly replied. “When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow at 1,” he answered.

“So we can go to an early lunch and then I’ll drop you off at the airport then head for the buses,” I said.

“I guess so,” he replied. “When do you get out to California?”

“Its our last stop and I can stay out there if I feel like it our I can come back to Nashville whatever I feel like,” I started to answer. “We’re gonna be out there right before New Years.”

“Well I’d love to be with you then,” he said.

“I’d love that too,” I replied. “How about we make that a date?”

“Deal,” he smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you,” I replied as I stopped at a red light and leaned over and kissed him.