- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it took so long I've been so busy with school lately. I'm trying to finish this story so I can start Stealing Cinderella which I hope is just as good as this one or even better. Thanks for those of you who still read it even thought I've been very busy.

“Oh my gosh you’re just now seeing that movie?” I asked as I talked to Melissa over the phone. “I love that movie its one of my all time favorite. Have you seen the sequel to it? Its ten times better then the first one I think.” Melissa just saw ‘Father of the Bride’ for the first time. I had seen it a million times and loved it so much. “Your gonna have to watch it cause its great. You’ll love it if you loved the first one.” Just then my phone started to beep as I talked. I looked down at my phone and saw that someone was calling in. “Hey Melissa can you hold on a second I’ve got a call on the other line? Thanks. Hey babe.”

“Hey you,” replied Nick. “How are you?”

“Great you?” I asked.

“Great,” he answered. “How’s touring going?”

“Its going great we’ve almost at the venue,” I answered.

“I can’t wait,” he smiled.

“Me either,” I said. “Hey can I call you back Melissa’s on the other line and I wanna let her go so she can get some work on the baby’s room done?”

“Yeah sure,” he answered.

“Thanks,” I replied. “Love you.”

“Love you,” he said right before he hung up.

“You still there?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Sorry Nick was calling in,” I told her.

“Its ok,” she started. “How is he?”

“He’s great,” I answered. “I’m actually going to see him in a few hours.”

“Well when you see him tell him Jake and I said hi,” she told me. “Hey I gotta go Nicole and Andy are coming over for lunch and then we’re gonna hit the mall for a few and maybe to dinner. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Tell Nicole and Andy and Jake I said hi.”

“I’ll do,” she said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I responded than closed my cell phone.

“Lets see what I’ve got to watch,” I said to myself as I looked at a stack of DVD’s of mine. “Great Ocean’s Twelve sweet. I so wanna see this again.” I got up from my bed and put it into the DVD player and turned on the TV. I started watching the movie until I soon fell asleep midway through and woke up just as it ended.

******

 

“Five till you go on,” I told the guys as I walked into their dressing room. We had gotten to California and we were just so busy with interviews and sound check and then the show which was just about to start. I planned to meet Nick later once the last show was over. “You guys ready for the last show?”

“Yep,” replied Gary.

“You know as much as I love this I’m gonna love being in my own bed too,” said Jay.

“I know me too,” agreed Joe Don. “You glad it’s the last show?”

“Kinda since I’ve got time off now for a few weeks before we have to be back at the record company,” I answered. “Well I’m gonna let you guys get ready and I’m gonna go tell the band to get ready too.”

“Ok,” they replied as I walked out the room towards the band’s room.

“Hey,” I knocked on the door.

“Hey,” they replied.

“Just stopped in to tell ya’ll we’ve got 3 minutes till show so get ready,” I said. “I’ll see ya’ll in a few.” I then walked out the room as the rode crew was finishing the last touches to the set. “Lookin’ great guys.”

“Thanks,” a few of them replied as I kept walking back to the guys dressing room.

“Ok guys lets get out towards the stage its about that time now,” I said as I walked in.

We all walked out as they each finished doing their before the show things and then we all gathered around for our usual prayer for a great concert and to protect everyone. Once that was finished I watched as the lights turned off and the guys went to their spots under the stage to wait and be lifted onto the stage.

******

 

“Great concert guys,” I told them as they walked off the stage and towards their dressing room. “Ok so ya’ll are headed back tonight on the buses and then from there you’ll go your own way and we’ll meet at the office two weeks later on the 17th of this month.”

“Ok see you then,” said Gary as I say bye and headed off towards my tour bus for one last night on it before I went to go see Nick.

******

 

“Hey baby,” I smiled as I kissed Nick hello. “So got any plans for today?”

“Well I gotta go into the studio for a couple,” Nick started to answer. “You can either go or stay here or go shopping or something.”

“I’d kinda like to go with you if that’s ok,” I replied.

“That’s fine,” he said. “I just have to get my shoes on and we can go.”

“Ok,” I kissed him as he ran up to his room to get his shoes.

After about ten minutes we were in the car driving towards the studio.

“The guys are gonna be there I hope you don’t mind,” he told me.

“Its ok,” I assured him. “I haven’t seen them in awhile it’ll be fun.”

“So how was the tour?” he asked.

“Great,” I answered. “There was some boring things while traveling and having nothing to do but most of the part it was fun. I so would do it again just not by myself. I’m glad I have Lucy with me.”

“I know what you mean I hate being on tour by myself sometimes,” he replied. “Well here we are.” He pulled the car into the parking garage next to the recording studio.

“Great I’m kinda tired of being on the road at the moment,” I smiled as I got out of the car and grabbed my purse.

“I bet you are,” he replied. “Lets get in so we can get this over with.”

“Great,” I said as I walked in the building with Nick right behind me.

“Elevator is this way,” he pointed to the left as we turned the corner. “We’re on the fifth floor.”

As we got to the fifth level we walked out and turned into the first door we came to. Inside was a receptions desk and then there was another door and as we walked through there you could see three more doors that lead to different places. One was an office and the other two were recording studios.

We walked into the second door and into a big studio room. As we walked through the door you could see Howie sitting down in a rolling chair listening to the music playing over the speakers.

“Hey,” said Nick.

“Hey,” replied Howie. “Taylor hey how are you? Long time no see.”

“Hey I’m good,” I started. “Just got off tour. Its great to be here. How are you?”

“I’m good,” he answered. “Nick was telling us about the tour sounds like you had fun.”

“Oh I did,” I said. “I loved seeing the U.S. like that. I would love to do it again just not right now. I’m so worn out. I didn‘t think this job was gonna be this hard. I guess I was wrong.”

“Hey no one can tell you what to really expect until you go out there and see if first hand sometimes,” Howie said as the door opened and AJ, Brian, and Kevin walked in.

“Hey guys,” said Nick as they all said hi.

“Taylor what are you doing here?” asked AJ.

“I just got in yesterday and had our final show here and decided to send my tour bus back to Nashville and come see Nick and ya’ll,” I answered.

“Well its great to see you,” AJ said as he gave me a hug.

“Well we gotta get to work so if you just wanna hang out on the couch your more then welcome,” said Nick as he got ready to record.

“Ok,” I said as I turned around and took a seat on the couch as they got ready to record.

“Which song do you wanna start with?” asked Kevin as they looked at the papers in front of them.

“How about Safest Place To Hide since its on the top,” answered Nick as he walked towards the studio. “I’ll start first.”

******

 

“So tonight’s New Year’s Eve what do you wanna do?” Nick asked as we sat in the dinning room of his house eating breakfast.

“I wanna spend it with my man,” I smiled.

“Well do you wanna stay in with your man or go out with him?” he asked.

“Lets stay in cause I wanna take advantage of this time I have here with you,” I answered.

“I like your idea,” he smiled. “We’ll go out and get a few things for tonight and watch the ball down on TV.”

Later that night as we sat on the couch I leaned over and placed my head on his lap as I watched tv.

“Its almost midnight,” I smiled as I looked up at Nick.

“Yeah it is,” he replied. “1 minute left of 2004.”

“This was a really great year I hope next year is like this or even better,” I said.

“Me too,” he responded as we heard the tv start to count down to the new year.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy New Year,” we yelled together as we kissed.

The kiss soon deepened as clothes started to come off.

Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you liked it. I'll have Stealing Cinderella up soon since most of the first chapter is already writen.