- Text Size +

As I watched the three men in front of me do their photo shoot I looked into my planner and notice that the awards were a few weeks away and our next step from here was to get outfits for these three men.

“Ok that’s a rap,” yelled the photographer. “Thanks guys I’ll send you the pictures to look at to choose which you want to use in a few weeks.”

“Thanks,” said Gary as he shook his hand and they headed towards me.

“Hey we’re heading down to a local tux place to get you three something to wear for the awards coming up,” I told them as we walked out of the building and into my new truck I bought myself as a graduation gift.

“So we’ve got the ACM’s, AMA’s, and CMA’s all coming up and then not another one until next year?” asked Jay.

“Yep,” I answered. “Ok so your just gonna attend the AMA’s we’ve got eight tickets you can give out. So, who do you wanna take so I can get info out to them?”

“I’m taking Kassidy,” answered Joe Don

“My wife Tara,” replied Gary.

“My girlfriend Allison,” said Jay.

“Ok so that leaves two who else do you wanna invite?” I asked.

“I don’t know who to invite,” responded Gary. “Do you guys?”

“No,” they both said at once.

“How about you?” Gary asked. “You wanna come?”

“Sure I’d love to but still there’s one ticket left,” I reminded them.

“Do you have a husband or boyfriend maybe that would like to come?” asked Joe Don.

“No never really had one,” I started. “I’ve been waiting on the right guy but he’s gone on to big and better things probably.”

“Oh sorry,” replied Jay. “Got any body you’d like to take though?”

“I’ve got a best friend who I live with here,” I responded.

“Then take her,” said Gary.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yeah,” they all answered.

“Ok,” I said. “Thanks.”

******

“I so need to make time to talk to Melissa about the awards,” I reminded myself as my busy schedule went on as I watched the men get fitted for their suits. As I stood there my cell phone started to vibrate and I looked down and saw I had gotten a text message from Melissa.

I opened the text and read it, “Hey got some great news when you get home ~ Melissa.”

“I wonder what that’s all about,” I mumbled to myself.

“Huh?” asked Gary. “What’d you say?”

“Oh sorry I was just mumbling to myself,” I answered.

“Oh,” Gary turned back around towards the mirror as they tailored his suit.

“Once we’re done here we’re pretty much done for the day guys,” I spoke up.

“Great cause I promised I’d be home early,” said Gary as he walked back into the dressing room.

The other two guys were just about finished and all we were really waiting for was Gary to get out of his suit so they could tailor it after we left.

“Hurry up dude I have a date tonight with Allison,” yelled Jay.

“I’m almost done,” yelled back Gary as he put his shoes on and walked out the changing room. “Done. Now you ready to go home?”

“Yep,” Joe Don replied as we said goodbye to the tailor and walked out the door to my truck.

“Ok so I’m gonna just drop you all off at the label and then we can all head home sound good?” I asked.

“Yeah that sounds great,” replied Jay.

“So you ready for the award show?” Gary asked.

“Not really,” I answered. “I haven’t even looked for anything but I will soon as I have time off.”

“Its in a few weeks so you might want to do it this weekend,” noted Joe Don.

“I’ll try,” I replied.

A few minutes later we pulled up into the parking lot for Lyrics Record and the guys got out and we all said our goodbyes and I was on to my apartment to find out what the good news was.

******

“What’s the big news,” I yelled as I walked into the house and saw Melissa on the couch.

“Oh my gosh girl look Jake proposed,” Melissa screamed as she jumped off the couch to show me the ring.

“Oh my gosh,” I yelled with a big smile on my face as I looked at the diamond ring on her left hand. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” she smiled.

“I’ve got some good news too,” I said.

“What?” she asked.

“You know the group I’m managing?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Well I’ve got an extra ticket to the AMA’s and they said I could take anyone I wanted,” I replied. “And I picked you.”

“Oh my gosh really?” she asked.

“Yep,” I answered. “We gotta get our dresses this weekend.”
“That’s fine when’s the show?” she asked.

“In a few weeks in Las Vegas,” I answered.

“I’ve always wanted to go there,” she replied.

“Me too,” I added.

******

“This dress is amazing,” I said as I twirled in a dress I was trying on for the award show.

“That’s the best you’ve tried on all weekend,” Melissa replied.

“I’m getting this one,” I responded.

“Good cause I found the perfect shoes,” she added as she held up a cute pair of red high hells.

“Cute,” I replied as I walked into the dressing room to change. “Get those and this dress and then the bracelet I told you about and I think that’s it.”

“Ok,” she responded.

I walked out of the dressing room and paid for my things and then we headed home since Melissa had already gotten her dress on the first day we were out.

“So we meet the guys at the record company two days before the show and we head out and then come back the day after the show,” I said as we drove towards our apartment.

“Great I so can’t wait for the show,” she replied. “Can you believe who’s gonna be there. I mean Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, and so many other country artist. Its gonna be so much fun.”

“I know I can’t wait only two more weeks and we’ll be heading out,” I noted as I pulled up to our apartments.

******

“Hey guys this must be the limo they sent for us,” I yelled to the guys as they walked behind me with their suit cases.

We all got into the awaiting limos and headed out towards the Hilton we were staying in.

“I so wanna see one of the magic shows while we’re here,” Tara, Gary’s wife, said.

“That sounds fun,” Gary replied.

“Yeah it does,” I replied. “We can check it out tonight if you want cause we have today off. Or even tomorrow.”

“Great,” Tara replied.

Before we knew it we were at the Hilton and getting checked into our room.

******

“Ok you know what to do as we step on the carpet?” I asked the guys.

“Yep,” they replied as the door opened and Gary got out first then his wife Tara, then Jay and his girl friend Allison, then Joe Don and his girlfriend Kassidy, and finally me and Melissa.