- Text Size +

Finally the red carpet was over and we were on our way to our seats. This was gonna be one of the funniest nights ever. The show started in just a few minutes and none of us could wait. There were so many famous people around us it was crazy. As we walked to our seats we looked around and saw people like Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Destiny’s Child, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and so many other artist. Our seats happen to be right next to Sara Evans and right behind Janet Jackson’s seats and in front of Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey‘s.

As soon as we sat down and got comfortable the lights deemed down and the show started.

Midway through the guys and I were taken backstage to get them ready for the presenting of the favorite country male artist award. We walked backstage during the break and walked into the dressing room that was assigned for us. The guys had make-up artist and hair people all around them making them look good. A few minutes later a stage crew member came and told the guys to head towards the stage. I walked them out as far as I could go.

“Ok good luck,” I said as they walked out on the stage as they introduced Rascal Flatts and Martina McBride.

I stepped back to relax as I ran into someone.

“Oh I am so sorry,” I apologized as I looked at the person I had run to.

“That’s ok,” they replied. “Taylor? Taylor Adams is that you?”

“Yeah,” I answered with a smile.

“You probably don’t remember me since I was so young when I last saw you but I’m Aaron, Nick’s little brother,” Aaron informed me.

“Oh my gosh Aaron I can’t believe its you,” I hugged him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“I’m here with Rascal Flatts,” I answered. “I’m their manager.”

“Oh cool,” he replied. “So how’s life been treating you?”

“Great you?” I asked.

“Can’t complain,” he answered. “Things can always be better. You know how my family was.”

“Yeah,” I replied. “So how is your family?”

“Everyone’s great,” he responded. “How’s yours?”

“There good and still at the same place they’ve always been,” I answered. “I can’t believe I ran into you. Its been so long. The last time I remember seeing you was right before ya’ll moved.”

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “Anything new and exciting with you?”

“Well Melissa just got engaged a few weeks ago,” I answered. “You remember her right? She used to hang out with me and Nick all the time in 7th grade.”

“Oh yeah I remember her,” he smiled. “I had a huge crush on her when I was little.” They both laughed. “So she’s gonna be married soon, what about you?”

“I’m single,” I replied. “Haven’t found the right guy.”

“Aww,” he responded. “When we were little I always thought you and Nick would be together.”
“You did?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered. “You seemed so right for each other up until he left. And then still he did talk about you all the time every time I saw him or talked to him. I think he really liked you but his career took off and he just forgot a lot of things.”

“Yeah I know,” I smiled softly. “I had a thing for him towards the end of our friendship and should have said something but nothing ever happened cause him leaving happened so quickly.”

“I know,” he replied. “So what’s happened since middle school?”

“Well I graduated from high school as you can tell and went to college,” I started. “I went to Vanderbilt in Nashville and became a manager for Lyric Street and started managing Rascal Flatts.”

“Sweet that sounds like a lot of fun,” he responded.

“Yeah it is,” I said as the guys came off stage with Tim McGraw.

“Hey,” said Jay as they walked up to Aaron and me.

“Hey guys this is Aaron Carter I was best friends with his brother before they were famous,” I informed the guys. “Aaron this is Jay, Gary, and Joe Don their the group I manage.”

“Hi nice to meet you,” Aaron said as he shook each of their hands. “You know Taylor, Nick did come with me tonight if you wanna stop by and say hi or something.”

“He did?” I asked shocked that he’d be here.

“Yeah,” he answered. “If you wanna stop by and say hi to him after the show here’s my cell number I have it on me. Just call and I’ll meet up with you with Nick.”

“Ok great,” I replied. “Here’s mine too so you can get a hold of me if you want too.” I passed my business card with my number on it and took Aaron’s number. “Well we gotta go get back to our seats but it was great running into you after all theses years.”

“Yeah it was,” he replied. “I’ll talk to you later hopefully.”

“Yeah hopefully,” I said as I walked off with the guys and back to our seats.

“Hey ya’ll did great,” said Tara.
“Thanks babe,” said Gary as we sat down.

“Guess who I ran into backstage?” I asked Melissa.

“Who?” she replied.

“Aaron Carter,” I answered.

“Oh my gosh really?” she asked.

“Yeah and guess who’s here with him?” I asked.

“Don’t tell me its him,” she replied.

“Yep,” I started. “Nick’s with him.”

“Oh my gosh,” she replied.

“Yep,” I nodded. “And Aaron wanted my number so I gave it to him and I have his just incase we want to get a hold of him or Nick.”

“Cool,” she responded. “So do you wanna go talk to Nick after this?”

“I don’t know its been forever,” I answered. “What if he doesn’t remember me or he doesn’t want to see me or something.”

“Trust me he hasn’t forgotten you at all,” she replied. “If anything he wants to talk to you too if Aaron told him you’re here.”

“You think so?” I asked.

“Probably,” she answered.

Just then the award show continued and before we knew it, it was over.

As we got up to leave I felt my cell start vibrating and I answered it, “Hello?”

“Hey its Aaron,” Aaron said.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked.

“I thought you might not call so I’d call and invite you and the guys to out with us tonight?” he invited. “That’s if you wanna go.”

“Let me ask the guys hold on a sec,” I said as I placed my hand over the phone and turned to the guys. “Hey guys we’ve been invited to an after-party if you wanna go.”
“Yeah sure,” said Joe Don as the others nodded.

“Great,” I replied and turned back to my phone. “Yeah we’re in. Where do you want to meet?”

“How about in the lobby right near the enterance,” he answered.

“Ok see you in a few,” I replied.

“Ok see you then,” he responded as we both shut our phones and headed to meet up.

“We’re gonna meet in the lobby by the enterance,” I told everyone as we made our way through the crowd. I was getting so nervous seeing Nick since it had been since middle school that I had last seen him.

“Its gonna be ok,” Melissa said as she walked up to me.

“I hope so,” I replied.

“Lets just look on the bright side and stay positive,” she said as we walked into the lobby and over towards the enterance.

“We’re meeting Aaron right?” asked Gary.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Ok,” said Gary as we walked closer to Aaron and could now see him through the crowd.

“There he is,” Melissa said as Nick walked up to Aaron,

“Oh my gosh,” I replied as we walked closer. There he is. I can just turn around right now. Yeah that’s not a bad idea. Just as I started to turn around Melissa pulled me back around as we walked up to them.

“Hey,” said Aaron as he hugged me again.

“Hey,” I replied.

Just then as I got out of Aaron’s arms I looked at Nick who was looking back at me.

“Hi,” I said with a weak smile.

“Taylor?” Nick asked.

“Hey Nick,” I smiled still kinda nervous at what he might say next.

“Wow you look great,” he complimented.

“Thanks,” I replied. “So do you?”

“Thanks,” he responded. “So how have you been?”

“Great,” I smiled. “You?”

“Good,” he replied. “Good.”

“That’s good to hear,” I noted as Melissa stood next to me.

“Nick,” smiled Melissa.

“Melissa,” Nick smiled. “Wow you look good too. How have you been?”

“Great,” she replied. “A lots happened since you’ve left it seems like.”

“Yeah it has,” I added.

“Guys I think we’re gonna head to the party,” interrupted Jay.

“Ok,” I replied as we walked towards the door and out to the limos.

“I’m gonna ride with these guys and talk to them and we’ll leave you three to catch up on everything,” said Aaron as they got into first limo. “Just have your driver follow ours.”

“Ok,” Nick replied as we got into our limo. “Please fallow the limo ahead.”

“Man its been so long,” I stated as I got comfortable in the limo.

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “So what’s up with both of ya’ll?”

“Well I work at a local radio station in Nashville and just got engaged a few weeks back,” Melissa answered first.

“And I’ve been working with Rascal Flatts the guys I’m with lately,” I replied. “You?”

“Not much just touring and all with the guys,” he answered. “Dating here and there but nothing much how bout you?”

“I haven’t really dated,” I replied. “I guess I just haven’t found anyone that’s right for me like Melissa did.”

“Yeah Melissa your lucky to have found someone right for you,” he noted.

“Thanks Nick,” she responded. “I tell Jake you said that.”

“Oh yeah her fiancé’s name is Jake just to tell you,” I added.

“Cool,” he said as the limo came to a stop. “Its so weird running into both of ya’ll both here.”

“I know its crazy but its cool,” I responded as a cell phone rang.

“Oh that’s mine,” said Melissa as she answered the phone. “Sorry its Jake.”

“Its ok,” Nick replied. “We’re gonna head in we’ll tell them your with us.”

“Ok thanks,” she replied as we walked into the after-party and told the guy at the door that Melissa was with us.

 

******

 

“Taylor I’m gonna head to the hotel,” Melissa stated as she got up with her purse. “I’m beat and need some sleep. I’m gonna go with the guys you ok here alone?”

“Yeah I’ll just catch a cab to the hotel later,” I responded.

“Ok see you later,” she replied. “Bye Nick.”

“Bye,” said Nick as she walked away.

“I love this song,” I said as ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous’ by Good Charlotte came on and Melissa was gone.

“Its good,” he replied. “Wanna dance?”

“Yeah sure,” I said as I placed my hand in his as we walked to the dance floor.

As we had a fun time on the dance floor the music started to end and a new slow song came on. We looked at each other as the song started.

“Wanna dance?” he asked again as he held out his hand to bring me close to him.

“Sure,” I took his hand and started out kinda acquired.

As we looked into each other’s eyes as Enrique Iglesias played. It brought me back to the last year we were friends at that moment and it made me realize how much I had missed him and how much I actually did feel for him. But at that moment I couldn’t say anything since he probably did feel the same way.

As the song ended they went back to their seats caught up in their own thoughts.

“You ready to head out?” he asked as I yawned.

“Yeah I probably should,” I answered.

“I’ll share a cab where you staying?” he asked.

“The Hilton,” I replied.

“Me too,” he responded.

“Cool,” I said as we walked out and he hailed a cab.

“Hilton please,” he told the cab driver as we got in the car.

I sat there thinking some more about what had all happened tonight and in the past couple of years.

As we pulled up to the hotel he paid and we got out and started to walk in.

“What floor?” he asked.

“10th you?” I asked.

“11th,” he replied.

“Cool,” I responded.

As we walked to the elevator and the door shut.

“Look I gotta say something this time that I didn’t say before,” I started. “I regret not saying something the first time. I just wanted to say this before we went our separate ways.” I paused.

“What?” he asked.

“I was kinda in love with you back when we were kids,” I confessed. “Your all I could think about then and seeing you tonight made me feel the same way. You’re the only guy that’s ever done that. I just wanted you to know so if I never see you again I know you know how I feel.”

“Wow,” he replied.

“I just had to say something so if anything happens and you move on or something happens I know you at least knew how I felt.”

The door then opened and it was my floor. I got off the elevator as Nick looked at me. A second later he stepped out of the elevator and took his hands and put them on my face and pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment I would so love it. I wanna know what people think.