- Text Size +

“So what do you think about this one?” asked Melissa still searching for the right wedding dress midway through December.

“Not you,” I answered. “Try this one on. You seem like you want a fairytale wedding why not have a dress too.”

“Ok let me change,” she sighed aggravated at having to try on another dress. She took the dress from me and went into the dressing room with it..

“I really love this maid-of-honor’s dress,” I yelled as she got dressed. “The color just goes perfect with these shoes and jacket.”

“What do you think?” she asked as she walked out and towards the mirrors.

“Its perfect,” I answered. “Finally a dress that matches you perfectly. This jacket would go with it too since its probably gonna be cold that night. You know Nashville.”

“True,” she replied. “I love how our jackets match but mine goes all the way down to my feet like my dress and yours just stops midrib.”

“Yeah I know,” I responded. “Lets get out of these and pay for them so I can get home I’m so tired from getting up way early this morning with the guys.”

“Fine,” she said. “I need to do some stuff for the wedding too when we get home.”

“Are you letting Jake do anything?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered. “He does a lot.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like,” she paused. “Like he picked out his own tux.”

“What else?” I asked.

“Uh,” she paused again to think. “He helps me. He’s very supportive and agrees with a lot of the things I do.”

“So you basically do it all?” I asked.

“So sue me I want to do it all,” she laughed.

“Hey I was just thinking you might need to let him help some so he doesn’t feel left out of his own wedding,” I said.

“Yeah,” she started. “Maybe you are right. I’ll talk to him once we get home and have him come over.”

“Great,” I replied. “But I’m taking a nap.”

“Sounds good,” she responded as she placed the dresses we had just changed out of onto the counter so she could pay for them and all the other things we had gotten at the store.

“I’m gonna hide this dress in your room ok,” she said.

“That’s fine just put it in the back of my closet,” I replied.

“Thanks,” she responded.

“Welcome,” I said as we walked out and into my truck. “Oh I just forgot I have to tell you something.” We opened the doors and jumped in the truck and turned on the heat since it was freezing cold outside.

“What?” she asked.

“I’m gonna be on tour next year starting in mid January,” I answered.

“Oh that’s great,” she replied.

“Yeah I can’t wait,” I started. “I think I’m gonna take Lucy if they’ll let me.”

“They seem like nice enough guys to let you bring her along,” she responded.

“Yeah I hope so,” I replied.

******

 

“And we danced
Out there on that empty hardwood floor
The chairs up and the lights turned way down low
The music played, we held each other close
And we danced,” played as Melissa and Jake practiced dancing to their first song as husband and wife in our living room. They were getting so good and we’re gonna be great by the time their wedding came. Melissa had taken my advice and allowed Jake to get more involved in the wedding. He seemed so much happier and everything was working out great. None of our family knew about the wedding they were still just coming for the holidays.

“Ok I think that’s enough for today cause I’m tired,” Jake spoke as they finished their dance for the millionth time it seemed like.

“Ok fine,” Melissa replied. “But you better not mess up on our wedding day or I’ll come after you.”

“I won’t I promise,” he responded and kissed her.

“Get a room you too,” I shouted as I walked passed the living room into the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Don’t be jealous,” he laughed.

“Oh yeah I’m really jealous that you are kissing Melissa,” I rolled my eyes. “Right.” We all laughed as my phone rang. “Let me grab this. Hello. Hey. Yeah ok I’ll set it up for Thursday how about that? Noon is good. Ok talk to you then. Bye.”

“Who was that?” Melissa asked.

“Jay he wanted to inform me that we needed a meeting scheduled before the tour started and I thought Thursday would be good since I don’t really have anything to do then,” I answered.

“Cool,” she replied.

“Yeah,” I started. “Ok well I’m gonna go out and finish my Christmas shopping I’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Ok you sure you don’t want anyone going with you?” she asked.

“Nah,” I answered. “Then I couldn’t buy you your gift.”

“True,” she replied. “Ok I’ll see you later.”
“Ok bye,” I said as I walked out the door with my purse and keys in hand.

******

 

“What am I going to get her for Christmas?” I thought to myself as I walked through the mall. I looked through each of the store windows thinking about what might be a good gift. Just as I kept walking it came to me to get her something for her wedding. Right across from the mall was the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I decided I’d call them later and make the reservations for them.

I had finished getting gifts for everyone but Melissa and Jake so I decided to head over to the closest dollar tree I could find to get some wrapping paper so I could wrap the gifts and put them under our tree.

Just as I got in my truck with my newly bought gifts I decided to drive over to the resort and just get the room reserved right now while I was out so I wouldn’t have to deal with it later. I turned on the car and drove across the parking lot and parked as close as I could get to the hotel.

******

 

I jumped back in my truck as I left the dollar tree with my wrapping paper and tape and set off for home. As I got down the road I smiled to myself hearing a new Rascal Flatts song on the radio happy to know that people were actually playing them. I turned it up as I drove on towards home. I thought back on how much my life had changed since I started managing the guys. It was just so much fun to get to do all the cool things with them as I could. I mean they brought me so much like reuniting me with my best friend from when I was a kid. How many people can say they are friends again with friends from when they were younger? Not many. I was one of the lucky ones. And on top of it all I’m dating him, well we’re seeing how things work out at the moment. So far though he hasn’t been able to come here to see me he’s just been too busy. His solo tour started and he said he wouldn’t get time off until the holiday which is only a few weeks away. He might stop here if he can. And his tour hits town in February so I’ll see him then if we’re still together dating or as friends. I hope so cause I can’t imagine losing him in my life another time.

As I kept thinking to myself I parked outside my place and grabbed my gifts and headed inside. It took me like 2 trips to get everything inside that I had bought and once I got it all and had it in my room I grabbed some scissors and started to wrap the gifts.

The first gift I had to wrap was the one for Melissa and Jake since Melissa lived with me. I bought a cute little box that the reservations would fit in and wrapped it in some cute Disney wrapping paper I had bought. Once I was done with that one I wrote their names on the box and went on to the next present.

It took me about an hour and a half to wrap all the presents I had bought and once I finished I took them all out and into the living room and placed them under the tree.

“Wow are those all for me?” asked Melissa.

“No,” I answered. “Only one but it cost a lot of money. I had to get it for you and Jake but that’s all I’m saying.”

“Ok,” she replied. “I still have shopping to do. I don’t know what to get everyone.”
“I know I had a hard time picking out something’s like yours and Jake’s,” I noted.

“But you did,” she said.

“Yeah after I left the mall,” I chuckled. “You both are just so hard to pick for.”

“Yeah I know,” she smiled. “So what you doing today?”

“Probably stay in and get some pizza and watch a movie you?” I asked.

“Nothing really,” she started. “But that sounds fun.”

“I know,” I replied. “How about a Father of the Bride back to back showing of both shows and pizza until we fall asleep and after those two if we aren’t asleep then we’ll find another movie to watch.”

“Sounds great,” she responded as I went to go get my phone to call for pizza.

“What do you want on your pizza?” I asked “I was gonna get a medium since we won’t eat a lot.”

“Um just cheese,” she replied.

“Great that’s what I want too,” I smiled as I dialed the number. “Hi. A medium cheese pizza.” I gave the guy my info and hung up with him. “He’ll be here in about 45 minutes until then I’m gonna go take a quick shower and then I’ll be back by then if not here’s some money for the pizza and a tip.”

“Ok I’ll be here waiting and watching tv,” she replied as I walked off to my room.

******

 

By the time I had gotten out of the shower the pizza had already arrived and Melissa was getting everything ready for the movie. She had grabbed sodas from the kitchen with glasses filled with ice and plates for the pizza. She also had gotten a few pillows and a couple blankets just so we could curl up on the couch during the movies.

As soon as I got close to the couch and jumped onto it and grabbed a piece of pizza and a drink from the table in front of me. Then we got comfortable and started the movie.

“I’m so glad we get to have a girls night in,” Melissa said just as the movie started.

“I know me too,” I replied. “We don’t know how many more of these we’ll have until you leave to get married.”
“I know I’m gonna miss these times,” she replied.

“Me too,” I added just as the music stopped and the beginning of the movie started.

******

 

I woke up the next morning on the couch with Lucy laying next to me on the floor. Melissa was up in the kitchen making food it smelt like. Last night had been a great night. I fell asleep during the second Father of the Bride movie right after Melissa had fallen asleep. It was great I love those movies. I wish it was me though and it was happening in real life but like those things actually happen. Well they do to people like Melissa, well the marring part.

I got up from my spot on the couch and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of chocolate milk, which happened to be my favorite in the morning.

“Morning,” Melissa said.

“Morning,” I replied as I placed the chocolate milk back in the fridge.

“So anything special going on for today?” she asked.

“Not really just gonna mess with my calendar some for the guys and maybe clean up my room that’s about it,” I answered. “You?”

“Nothing much just gotta go into work tonight,” she replied.

“Cool,” I responded. “That sounds like fun. I’ll listen to it tonight.”
“Great,” she said as she finished making breakfast. “I made enough for two.”

“Great I’m hungry,” I replied.

We sat down and ate and talked about everything from how fun movie and pizza was last night to the upcoming wedding. I can’t believe its only a few weeks away until its just me and Lucy here.

******

 

A week later my family started to arrive and so did Melissa’s a few days before Christmas. My parents and siblings were staying with us while Melissa’s stayed with her grandparents who still lived in Nashville. I loved having my family around for the holiday. For Christmas we all were going to head out to Melissa’s grandparents place out in the country and have a nice dinner there and then come home. Both our mom’s worked hard on the food every year. This year though Jake’s family was at the dinner so we had an extra family helping with the food.

The days passed by fast and soon Christmas Eve had arrived and we were off to Melissa’s grandparents place. It was so big and beautiful. Melissa’s family all had help decorate the place once they got here so it looked festive. Lights were all over the two story house and all over the big one acre yard. Inside the place looked like it was right out of a magazine. Melissa’s mom was an interior designer in Tampa and loved decorating for Christmas. We had so much fun that night. There was so much food and gifts all over the place. The one thing you could always count on was no one was gonna go home empty handed and nothing less then full.

Tonight I got some great presents like a cute gloves and scarf set from Melissa’s grandparents that matched a jacket that her parents got me.

******

 

After we opened the presents the next morning and Melissa and Jake loved the one I got for them we made breakfast. As I was in the kitchen making the eggs as my mom made the bacon my phone started to ring.

“Mom can you take over the eggs real quick while I grab my phone?” I asked.

“Yeah sure,” she answered as I ran off into the living room where my phone was.

“Hello,” I answered the phone. “Hey. Merry Christmas. Thanks. Just making breakfast you? Wish you were here. I know. Ok I’ll see you whenever you get the chance to come by. Ok I will bye.”

“Who was that?” asked my dad.

“Oh just a friend,” I said not wanting to go into details about running into Nick again.

“Oh,” he responded.

“That ain’t no friend,” Melissa whispered as she walked into the kitchen.

“Then who was it?” I whispered back.

“Nick,” she answered still whispering.

“You know me too well,” I replied.

“I know,” she smiled as she got a drink.

Just then the door bell rang.

“Merry Christmas,” Melissa smiled.

I looked at her not understanding why she just said that but walked over to the door. As I opened it I saw why she said that. My present from here was standing right in front of me.

“Oh my gosh,” I smiled.

“Surprise,” smiled Nick as I jumped into his arms.

“I can’t believe you’re here,” I replied. “I thought you were spending time down in Florida?”

“Why would I wanna do that when you’re here?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I couldn’t stop smiling. “Its great to have you here. Your just in time for breakfast. Come on in my family is here so you’ll get to see them again.”

“Great,” he responded.

“Nick?” my mom asked shocked

“Hi Mrs. Adams,” he replied. “Hi Mr. Adams.”

“Hey Nick,” said my dad as he got up from the couch.

“I didn’t know you and Taylor were still friends,” my mom said.

“We weren’t mom we met back at an award show when I was with Rascal Flatts,” I replied. “I ran into Aaron and he talked me into seeing Nick again and now he’s back in mine and Melissa’s lives.”

“Oh that’s cool,” said Jessica my little sister as she walked up to us.

“Wow its been forever since I saw you,” said Nick as he looked at Jessica. “Man you’ve grown up so much.”

“Well that’s what you do,” she replied.

“Yeah I know,” he added.

“Oh and Mom Dad,” I said.

“Yeah,” they replied together.

“Nick’s not just a friend,” I paused. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“Wow how long have you been together?” asked Jessica.

“Not that long,” I answered. “Now lets get some food I’m hungry.”

“Yeah I am too from a long flight,” Nick spoke up as we walked into the dinning room.

A few hours later we were all sitting around the tv watching the Disney Christmas Day Parade. We were just having a very laid back day and didn’t want to do anything at all.

******

 

Today was New Years Eve and it was almost 10 that night. Melissa was going to say ‘I do’ at 11:59 tonight and kiss Jake at midnight while ringing in the new year with everyone around them. I was the maid-of -honor and Jake’s twin brother Jason was his best man. Melissa and Jake were getting married at her grandparent’s place in the country. Melissa, her parents and grandparents, my mom, my sister, and I were all in one of the guest rooms on the top floor while Jake and his parents and grandparents and siblings were in the guest room downstairs getting ready.

“Everything’s perfect outside,” I said as I walked in after just checking.

“Great,” Melissa replied. “How much longer?”

“About an hour and a half baby,” said her mom.

“Ok well we can get started I guess with my hair and before we know it, it will be time for the wedding,” Melissa stated.

“Ok,” her grandmother said as they got ready.

******

 

As the wedding was starting Jake and Jason walked out the door and to where the preacher was standing.

Melissa and I made our last minute touches as we walked down the stairs and towards the door. Melissa’s dad opened the door for me as the music started and shut it behind me. As I walked down the isle Melissa got positioned so when the door was opened everyone could see her. I walked down the isle in a red long flowing dress with while shoes and a short faux fur white jacket. My hair was up and I had a cute necklace and matching earrings set on. Just as I got to the front the music changed and I turned and looked down the isle and saw the door open. Melissa stood there looking so beautiful. As she walked down the isle with her dad she looked more beautiful. She had chosen to wear a long white dress that made her feel like a princess and a long gown length faux fur jacket that was the same color white and matching shoes too. Her hair was down with a tiara on top and a vial. She was just like a princess right out of a fairytale. As she approached Jake her smile got wider.

“Who gives this lady away?” asked the preacher as they stopped in front of him and next to Jake.

“Her mom and I do,” her dad answered as he gave his daughter’s hand to Jake and kissed her on the cheek.

They soon said their vows and just as they started the countdown Jake and Melissa kissed once it hit 0. After they went off into the awaiting limo as the rest of us made our way towards our cars and trucks to head over to the reception that was going to be held at a friend of the couple’s restaurant.

I had driven my truck over so I took Nick with me who didn’t know how to get around the area. As soon as I saw Nick I ran up to him and out of no where I kissed him passionately.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“Happy New Years,” I answered.

“Well Happy New Years to you too,” he replied.

“Ok lets get into the truck before I freeze anymore,” I said as I shivered.

“I’ll warm you up while we’re waiting for the truck to warm up,” he stated as he put his arm around me while we were in the truck.

“Lets get to that reception cause I’m kinda hungry,” I spoke.

“Yeah me too,” he agreed.

“Do you mind if I put on some music?” I asked as we drove off the property.

“No go right ahead,” he said.

“Thanks,” I replied as we came to a stop sign and I put on the radio to the country station Melissa worked at.

About 15 minutes later we were at the reception having fun. The music was playing and everyone was getting their drinks as we waited for the bride and groom.

After an hour food had been finished and so had cake and now it was time to toss the bouquet of flowers. I got up to see if I had any luck with getting the flowers. I stood in the back next to my sister and a co-worker of Melissa’s. Melissa got ready turned around and threw the flowers. They flew through the air and started to fall. Just then I saw they were falling right towards me. I reached out and caught the flowers. They were beautiful, red and white colors. Right after that Jake through the guarder belt and I made Nick go try for it and the funny thing was he actually caught it. I laughed at the thought of what this was suppose to me, the person who catches it is the next to be married. All I could think of was ‘yeah right’. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Thanks.