- Text Size +

“So how long do you have off?” I asked as I sat in the truck with Nick. Melissa and Jake were on their honeymoon and as soon as they got back she was moving in with Jake out in the country. I was gonna be alone for the first time in my life. I was scared and knowing that Nick was gonna have to leave soon didn’t make things much better either.

“I’m here until I wanna go home,” Nick answered. “I have until I go back to recording the new Backstreet Boys CD. I start this summer with them on our new album. We kinda needed a break after all the stuff that’s been going on.”

“Yeah I guess so,” I replied looking away.

“When do you go back to work?” he asked.

“Well the guys go on tour soon and being the manager I have to go with them,” I stated. “They start in the spring and go through out the year until like December.”

“That’s a long time to be away from you,” he said.

“I know but maybe if you get time off we could meet up or something,” I replied.

“Yeah maybe and if you have a day off you can do the same,” he responded.

“Maybe,” I shrugged. “You know if you wanna come for some part of the tour I’ve got my own bus since I’m manager.”

“Well maybe I just might take you up on your offer then,” he smirked. “I might even just have to surprise you then too.”

“Oo I love surprises,” I smiled.

“Well then I’d love to surprise you,” he replied as he pulled a box from his pocket. “I bought you a little something to remember me after I leave and you go on tour.”

He opened the box as I saw small silver bracelet with a few charms on it.

“Oh my gosh its beautiful,” I gushed as I picked it up.

“The heart has our names,” he started. “The cards represent Las Vegas where we met up and you know the rest.”

“Nick this is amazing,” I hugged him. “I know that even if this doesn’t last I can still keep this cause I know it was from my best friend.”

“That’s what I thought too,” he lied. He knew that he didn’t buy it just as a best friend gift, but as a gift for the women he was falling for.

As we pulled away I passionately kissed him like I’ve never kissed him before.

“I love you,” I said shocking myself and Nick.

“What?” he asked shocked.

“I love you,” I smiled. “I know I might be regretting saying this later on but right now I feel like I did when we were kids. I was in love with you then and you broke my heart without knowing it when you went off with the guys. But now that your back in my life and we’re getting back to the way things used to be I’m falling for you.” I looked into his eyes almost about to cry feeling like I was an idiot for telling him. “I know you must think I’m stupid.” I started to cry as I leaned into his chest.

“I don’t think your stupid,” he held me tight. “You can’t help the way you feel. I mean come on I loved you when I was younger. I heart when I left. I should have said something, anything. Maybe now we’d be different but we know that didn’t happen. I missed you so much for the first year or so I was gone and little by little I got more and more busy and soon you were just a small memory in the back of my mind. I’m so glad your back in my life now though, cause now those feeling are coming back. Maybe not as fast as yours but they are and I don’t wanna lose you.”

For the next hour or so we sat there in my truck outside of the movie theater just holding each other close and talking about the different things we remembered from our childhood together.

“I think we should head back in,” I said looking at the clock and seeing it was already 10:30. “I’m kinda getting a little hungry.”

“Me too,” he replied. “What you in the mood for?”

“Hmm lets see do you want pizza?” I asked.

“Sounds good,” he responded as I sat up and turned on the truck.

“Ok we can stop at a close pizza place and grab one to go so we can just go home and eat,” I stated. “I look horrible and don’t feel like staying somewhere and eating.”

“You look beautiful,” he smiled as he brushed my check with his hand.

They drove down the road in silence until they parked in front of a local pizza place.

“You wanna go in or both of us?” he asked.

“We can both go in,” I replied as I turned off the truck and got out and walked inside. “So what kind of pizza do you want? I love the white sauce cheese pizza.”

“That sounds good we’ll get that,” he responded as they got in line.

“Next,” asked the lady behind the counter.

“Hi I’d like to place a to go order,” I spoke.

“Ok,” the lady replied.

“What a large?” I asked Nick.

“Sure that sounds great,” he answered.

“Ok then,” I started. “We’ll have a large white sauce cheese pizza.”

“Is that all?” asked the lady.

“Yes please,” I answered.

“Ok the total is 16.95,” the lady replied.

“Here you are,” I said as I handed her a twenty-dollar bill and she handed me my change. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome and your number is 7,” responded the lady as she handed me the receipt.

“We can have a seat over here if you want,” I told Nick.

“Sure,” he followed me to the empty seats closest to where the pizza would be. “So got any good movies at home?”

“Well I just got A Walk To Remember,” I started. “Sweet Home Alabama, and Father of the Bride.”

“Sounds just like movies you’d get,” he laughed.

“Hey,” I responded.

“Number 7,” yelled the lady at the counter.

“That’s us,” I got up and walked over to get our pizza. “Number 7 thanks.”

Nick grabbed the pizza as we walked out and went off to my place.

“I’ve got more movies then that I just happened to get those just recently and like them,” I said as we drove out of the parking lot.

“Hey there’s nothing wrong with those movies,” he replied. “How about this when we get to your place I’ll go through your movies and find a good one for the both of us to watch together ok.”

“Fine,” I sighed. “Nothing to violent though cause I’m not in the mood for violent or horror films at this hour.”

“Deal,” he smiled as I drove into the parking spot at my place and turned off the truck.

“Ok now I’ll get some napkins and something to drink for the both of us while you look at the movies,” I got out of the truck and started for the elevator inside the apartment building.

“Ok,” he replied as we got inside the elevator and pressed the 10th floor button. Once there we got out and into the apartment and went our separate directions to do our things.

“Do you mind if I get into some comfortable clothes cause I’m tired of being in this outfit?” I asked as I laid the drinks and napkins on the coffee table.

“Not at all,” he answered. “Actually I was gonna get more comfortable too I hope you don’t mind if I just wear my boxers and a shirt.”

“Not at all,” I replied. “I mean you used to do that when we were younger and spent the night at each others house’s.”

“Yeah I did,” he chuckled as I left the room and got changed into a comfy pair of pajama pants and a shirt and socks. I grabbed my blanket off the bed as I walked out the room and saw no Nick in sight. He had gone off to change. A few seconds later out walked Nick just like he said in his boxers and a shirt.

“You picked out a movie?” I asked.

“Yeah Dumb and Dumber,” he answered.

“Sounds good,” I replied as I sat on the couch and got me a piece of pizza. He soon followed right behind me after putting in the movie.

“Which drink is mine?” he asked.

“The blue cup,” I answered as I reached for the green cup next to it.

“Thanks,” he smiled as the movie started.

“I’m gonna turn down the lights some,” I said as I got up and turned on a lamp and turned off the rest of the lights and sat back down.

******

 

“I’m so glad you chose that movie it was so good,” I said as it ended.

“Yeah it was,” Nick replied.

“Wanna watch another one?” I asked knowing that I wasn’t that tired at the moment and wanted to watch another movie.

“Sure,” he replied. “You choose this time.”

“Ok,” I stood up and walked over to my movies. “I’m gonna make you watch A Walk To Remember cause I want to see this so bad. I haven’t seen it since I went with Melissa to see it in the movies last year.”

“Cool,” he replied. “I never seen it.”

“Its got Shane West and Mandy Moore in it,” I informed him. “And it makes me cry each time I watch it.”

“Well if you ever need a shoulder to cry on my shoulder is always available,” he offered.

“Thanks,” I said as I put the movie in and sat down on the couch and curled up next to Nick as he put his arms around me.

******

 

“She died too soon,” I sniffled at the end of the movie. As I laid there Nick didn’t say a word. I turned around and got up quietly and softly not to wake him. I walked over closer to his face and bent down to kiss him goodnight. As I placed my lips on his I felt him respond to my kiss and wake up.

He moaned as his eyes opened and I broke away.

“What time is it?” he asked.

“After 1 the movie just ended,” I answered.

“Aw I missed it,” he sighed jokingly. “Guess will have to watch it again another time together.”

“Yeah I guess so,” I laughed as he pulled me onto the couch with him.

He looked into my eyes as I looked into his. Before I knew it we were passionately kissing.

“Nick,” I breathed out as I backed my head away from his.

“What?” he asked confused at what I was doing.

I got up and took his hand in mine and walked back into my room.

As we got there I opened the door and closed it behind us and started kissing him.

“I need you,” I said as I pushed him onto the bed and kissed him passionately. Soon clothes were flying through the air and landing all over the room.

******

 

“Ugh!” I sighed as I heard my cell phone ring. I turned over and looked at the clock which read 8:19 a.m. I was still wanting more sleep. I got out of bed quietly as Nick was still sound asleep next to me from the night before.

I grabbed my cell phone and walked out the room, “Hello?”

“Hey did I wake you up?” asked the men on the other end.

“Yeah kinda but its ok,” I answered kinda annoyed.

“Sorry,” he started. “But I just needed to call you and tell you that we start going over the schedule for the guys next week instead of in February and we need you at the office starting tomorrow morning if that’s convent for you.”

“Yeah that’s fine,” I replied upset that I had to go back to work tomorrow and all I wanted to do was spend more time with Nick. “I’ll see you at about 9 is that good?”

“That’s perfect,” he responded. “Ok so I’ll see you then for the meeting since we have to work on merchandise for the tour since we moved a few dates to earlier then the original dates were.”

“Ok,” I yawned. “Well I’m gonna go back to bed before my friend wakes up.” I still didn’t want anyone I worked with to know about me and Nick. Soon they’d know but not now when we had only been dating for almost two months.

“Go get some sleep,” he replied. “Bye.” I hung up the phone with that and got back into bed quietly.

“Who was that?” asked a half awake Nick.

“My boss he wants me in the office tomorrow to go over tour dates and stuff,” I answered. “But I just need more sleep right now. I’m too tired to talk.”

A few seconds later I was out like a light and so was Nick.

******

 

“Hey,” I said as I walked into the meeting room to meet up with my boss and the guys from Rascal Flatts.

“Hey,” they all replied.

“So lets get started so we can get home early today,” my boss spoke as I took a seat. “Ok we need to choose what type of merchandise we want for this tour. We need shirts, maybe a poster, a keychain, any other suggestions?”

“How about a hat or something?” I suggested.

“Sounds good now lets talk about dates we need to get tickets on the market as soon as possible,” my boss spoke again.

Before I knew it the meeting was over and I was off to see Nick again. Lately that’s all I’ve wanted to do is be with him. He’s all I could really think about.

“Remember next week I’ll see you on Monday to go over more details and then we have off again until March then we get ready for the tour,” my boss said as we all left the off.

As I got in my truck and turned on the radio I heard a song start playing and turned up the radio.

“I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.” I started to think of Nick even more listening to the song. It sounded just like the words he had said last night. As I drove down the road the song soon ended and I changed the station to the local country station where a Rascal Flatts song was playing.
“Finally a few days off,” I sighed as I turned onto the street towards my place.

******

 

“Nick you up?” I shouted through the apartment as I walked in.

“In here watching TV hope you don’t mind,” he responded.

“Its ok babe,” I said as I walked in and kissed him.

“How was work?” he asked.

“You know the drill,” I answered. “I’m just glad I’m out until Monday and then after that I don’t have to be back until March.”

“Cool,” he replied. “How about after you get out of work Monday you and I fly off for some place warm and spend my birthday together since its only a few weeks away.”

“I so think that sounds wonderful,” I kissed him as I sat next to him.

“Anyone home?” asked Melissa as she and Jake walked in the front door.

“Hey girl,” I jumped up and ran to the door. “I’ve missed you but good thing Nick was here or I couldn’t last long.”

“Aw I missed you but you knew this was gonna happen sooner or later,” she started. “You knew I was getting married and moving on.”

“I know its just I’m gonna miss my best friend,” I hugged her. “But I’m glad you found someone good for you. Jake take good care of her or I’ll come after you.”

“And you’ll have to deal with me too,” smiled Nick as he walked over to the door. “Hey Melissa how was the honeymoon?”

“It was great,” Melissa smiled.

“Thanks for the room Taylor it was beautiful,” spoke Jake.

“Your welcome,” I smiled.

“Hey can you both watch Lucy for me while we go on vacation for my birthday?” asked Nick.

“Yeah sure I love Lucy,” smiled Jake as Lucy ran into the room at the sound of her name. “Hey girl.”

“Where you both going?” asked Melissa.

“Oh just somewhere warm,” I answered. “We haven’t thought of a place yet but just know its gonna be nice when we get there.”

“When do you leave?” asked Jake.

“We thought as soon as I get back from work on Monday,” I answered.

“So if I can I wanna drop Lucy off as soon as possible so we don’t have to worry about her later,” added Nick. “We’ll give you her food and some toys and everything you might need for her too.”

“That’s great,” replied Melissa. “Lucy loves me so she’ll be fine and she’ll have a yard to run around in.”

“Yeah,” I responded. “Maybe I should think about moving into the country.”

“You should its so beautiful,” noted Melissa.

“I’ll think about it while I’m gone,” I started. “I mean I would have a bigger place and a yard for Lucy. But it will be just me too and that’s what I don’t want.”

“Maybe you can find someone to share it with you,” Melissa smiled.

“Maybe,” I replied.

“Well I’m just here for some of my things and I’ll get the rest while your on vacation,” Melissa informed me.

“Ok well I’ll just get the key from you later,” I responded. “I’m gonna go start dinner. Do you both wanna stay?”

“I’d love to but we gotta go get settled in at home,” answered Jake. “Thanks anyways. We’ll take you up on the offer next time though.”

“Ok,” I replied as I walked in the kitchen with Nick.

******

 

“I should be out of there before 5 today and once I’m home we can grab a cab and go to the airport,” I kissed Nick. “Love you.”

“Have fun,” he kissed me back as I ran out the door since I was running late for my meeting.

Later that day Nick was finishing packing up something’s and getting ready for the vacation when I got home.

“Hey you,” I wrapped my arms around him as he turned around and we kissed. “You all ready?”

“Almost I just couldn’t find your bathing suit,” he answered.

“Oh its in a box in the closet since I don’t go swimming that often anymore,” I replied as I got out the box. “Here it is. I hope it still fits.”

“Why wouldn’t it fit you look better then ever,” he smiled as we finished packing. “Ok can you call for the cab while I get the bags into the living room.”

“Yeah,” I said as I grabbed the phone book. “Did Jake or Melissa get Lucy?”

“Yeah Jake came by earlier and picked her up,” he yelled from the bedroom. “He was so excited to have her while we’re gone. I think he should get a dog of his own.”

“Yeah maybe they should,” I yelled as I dialed the number for cab. “Cab’s all set.”

“Great,” he said as he kissed me. “I so can’t wait to be on the beach and having fun.”

“Me too,” I agreed. “I love you so much.”

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. I really wanna know if you like it or not.