- Text Size +

“Wow this is so beautiful I’m so glad you talked me into coming here,” I smiled as we drove down the road in Key West.

“I thought you might like it here,” Nick replied as we drove to our ocean front resort we were staying at. “Its still early here if you wanna get some food and go to the room and just relax for today.”

“That sounds great,” I responded. “I’m so up for some kind of seafood or something like that.”

“Sounds good lets see if we can find a place,” he said as we passed by a local restaurant. “How about we go to the room and check in and then ask the people at the front desk for the best place here is.”

“Good idea,” I replied as we got closer to the resort. “I so can’t wait to see the view we have.”

“This is gonna be one of the best birthday’s ever,” he commented as he turned into the parking lot. “I’ve got my best friend and girlfriend by my side so its all good.”

“Well I’ve got my best friend and boyfriend by my side too,” I replied as I kissed him. “This is gonna be amazing.”

“Next,” yelled the man behind the check-in counter.

“Hi,” I replied. “I’ve got reservations for 2.”

“What’s your last name?” the man asked.

“Adams,” I answered.

“Taylor?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Ok I just need a major credit card to put a deposit on and then I’ll get you two room keys and you’ll be all set,” he said as I handed him my credit card. “Thank you. Here are your room keys and your credit card. Can you please sign on the line there.” I signed as he continued. “Your room is right upstairs on the top floor, room 1502. Have a great stay and if you need anything please don’t hesitate to call the front desk.
“Thanks,” Nick said as we headed for the room. “We can get our stuff after we see the room.”

“Great idea,” I replied. “This place is so beautiful.”

“Ok so we’re on the top floor,” Nick said as we got in the elevator. “I hope its really nice.”

“Me too,” I replied as we came to a halt and a girl got on.

“Oh my gosh your Nick Carter aren’t you?” asked this one young lady about 20.

“Uh,” Nick started. “Yeah but please don’t say anything I’m here just for my birthday.”

“Well I promise not to tell anyone you’re here but can I get a quick picture and autograph?” she asked.

“Sure,” he replied. “Taylor can you take the picture?”

“Sure,” I answered as I took the camera and took the picture.

“Thanks,” she said as I handed her, her camera. “Here’s a pin and piece of paper.”

“Here you go,” he said as he handed her the signed paper.

“Is this your new girlfriend?” the girl asked.

“This is my best friend,” he smiled.

“Oh well hi,” she replied. “I’m Emily.”

“Nice to meet you Emily but this is our floor,” I said as the doors opened. “It was great meeting you.”

“You too,” she replied. “Thanks Nick.”

“Welcome,” he responded just as the doors closed again and we found our room.

“Wow look at this room,” I said as we walked through the door. “This is the best place I’ve ever stayed. Thanks babe.”

“Your welcome,” he replied. “You can think yourself cause it was under your name.”

“Well we all know why,” I smirked. “I love you so much. I can’t believe I’ve lived in Florida all those years and never came here.”

“We’ll I’m glad I could bring you here,” he said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. “Look at this beautiful view.”

“I know its great,” I replied as I kissed him passionately.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“I can’t kiss the man I love?” I smirked.

“Oh well then I’d just have to do this to the women I love,” he said as he picked me up and laid me on the bed.

“Oh so you love me?” I asked making sure I understood what he had just say right.

“Yeah,” he smiled. “I’ve noticed over the past few days how much you loved me and how much I’ve missed being with you and how much I love you.”

“Really?” I smiled back.

“Yeah really,” he said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said just as he crushed down on me and kissed me.

******

 

As I woke up I saw Nick laying next to me staring at me.

“Hey,” I yawned. “Whatcha doing?”

“Just watching you sleep,” he smiled. “You looked so peaceful and pretty that I couldn’t take my eyes off you.”

“We’ll I should be saying that to you cause your hot and I can’t take my eyes off you,” I replied as I turned to look at him better. “What time is it?”

“About 8 you wanna go get some dinner or something?” he asked.

“Sounds good I’m so hungry,” I answered. “I just gotta get dressed and we can go.”

“Yeah me too,” he replied as we got up.

“I wonder how Lucy’s doing,” I yelled from the bathroom.

“She’s fine she’s with Melissa and Jake,” he insured. “She knows and loves them so its all good.”

“Yeah I know I was just thinking about her,” I said as I walked out while putting on my shirt.

“Well don’t think about here this week,” he said. “Just think of all the fun we’re gonna have together. Just you and me. Think about all the fun we’re gonna have at the beach or snorkeling. Think about all the cool things you’ll see. Lucy well be fine trust me. You love me don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“Then why would I lie to you,?” he asked.

“You wouldn’t,” I answered.

“Then trust me everything is fine just have fun,” he replied.

“I will,” I smiled as I kissed him softly. “I love you.”

“Love you too,” he smiled. “Now lets go I know of a place in walking distance from here that has some of the best food.”

“Great I’m hungry,” I replied just as my phone rang. “Oh my gosh who is calling me at this hour while I’m on vacation.” I looked down at the number and saw right away it was Jay. “Hey Jay what’s up?”

“Hey just called to tell you that we’re gonna need you to go with us to the Grammy’s and we’ve got you an extra ticket so you can bring a date if you want or a friend or something like that,” said Jay.

“Oh thanks I’ll get more details when I get back into town,” I said trying to hurry up and get off the phone so I could leave.

“Oh your out of town?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m in Florida right now with my best friend,” I answered not wanting to tell him I was with Nick. “I’ll talk to you when I get home though.”

“Ok,” he replied. “Sorry I interrupted your vacation.”

“Its ok I just got up from a nap,” I said. “We’ll we’re heading out to eat so I’ll see you next week.”

“Ok bye,” he said.

“Bye,” I closed the phone. “That was Jay sorry he was just telling me that he got me an extra ticket to the Grammy’s. You wanna come with me to the show?”

“Yeah I’ll just have to tell my management that I don’t need a ticket cause I was gonna surprise you with a pair,” he answered.

“Aww sorry babe,” I said as I grabbed my purse. “Lets get going I’m hungry.”

“How many times have you said that in the past few minutes like a million,” he laughed.

“Probably but I am,” I replied. “Now lets go.”

“Ok we’re going,” he laughed again as we left the suite and headed for the restaurant down the block.

******

 

“You were so right that place was good,” I said as we walked down the block back to the resort.

“I know and the people there are just so nice,” he responded as he put his arm around me.

“You know what I’m glad I waited for you,” I smiled towards him.

“You are?” he replied.

“Yeah,” I started. “I thought after you left and we stopped talking that I’d just move on and find someone else and fall in love like Melissa but ever guy I met I compared to you. I just was so in love with you then that I didn’t want anyone else but you. I’m glad I have my chance now to see what would happen.”

“Well I’m glad I found you cause I so wanted to see what would happen with us too,” he smiled as he laid a kiss on my lips.

“I love you,” I said as we parted.

“I love you too,” he replied as we started walking back to the resort.

“So I was thinking I’d tell the guys that I’m bringing my boyfriend and then show up with you at the Grammy’s,” I said as we walked into the lobby. “How does that sound?”

“Sounds good,” he answered. “We can stay at my place if you want instead of the hotel out there.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he replied. “I’d love for you to see my place.”

“That sounds great I can’t wait to see it,” I smiled as we got into the elevator. “You know I’d never think in a million years that I’d be able to do what I’m doing. Look at me I’m a manager for a new and upcoming country trio and I have the best boyfriend ever who used to be and now is again my best friend.”

“Well your one lucky women,” he said. “And I’m one lucky man to have a beautiful and talented women as my lady.”

“Well I’d like to meet this beautiful and talented women,” I joked.

“Oh well you will once I find her,” he laughed.

“Oh really you have to find her and how will you do that?” I asked wondering.

“Oh by doing this,” he leaned in and kissed me passionately. I’m go glad we were the only one on the elevator.

“I found my man I don’t know if you found your women yet or not,” I smiled as we broke from the kiss.

“Oh yeah I did,” he smiled.

“Man with us acting like this people are gonna think we’re on our honeymoon or something,” I laughed.

“Hey we could always practice like we were so we will know what its gonna be like,” he said as the doors opened at our floor and he swept me off my feet.

As we walked through the door he laid me on the bed in our room and shut the door. As we started kissing clothes went flying and before we knew it we were rolling around all over the bed.

******

 

“Hey how’s Lucy?” I asked.

“She’s doing great,” answered Melissa as I talked to her on the phone. “We’ve got some good news for you and Nick when you get home.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Hey I gotta get going I just wanted to check in on Lucy since I had a second. Nick just ran down to a pizza place he knew of down the block to pick up a birthday dinner.”

“Oo the big 2-3,” she laughed.

“Yeah,” I laughed too. “Hey but before we know it we’ll be there too. Your birthday isn’t that far off. What only 2 months away.”

“Yeah so,” she said. “Well I got food cooking I better go. Tell Nick happy birthday for us.”

“We’ll do,” I said. “Love ya.”

“Love ya too,” she replied as they hung up their phones.

“Who was that?” asked Nick as he walked into the room with pizza. “Cause it wasn’t me and I thought you loved me.”

“I do but see I love this other person too,” I joked.

“Oh really,” he smirked. “May I ask who this person is?”

“Oh no she’s no one you know,” I smiled.

“It‘s a girl?” he laughed.

“Oh yeah,” I laughed back. “I’ve known her forever.”

“Does Jake know about this love affair?’ he joked as he put the pizza on the table and put his arms around my waist.

“Yep,” I nodded as I looked into his eyes. “But you wanna know something?”

“What?” he asked.

“I love you more,” I answered. “I mean I may love her as a sister or a friend but she can’t take away the love I have for you. And I know we’ve only been together for a short time now but I really feel good like this with you. I feel your probably my one.”

“Well I’m starting to feel the same way,” he smiled as he kissed me passionately.

Soon we forgot about the pizza and headed off to our room.

******

 

“Melissa and Jake told me to tell you happy birthday,” I said as I laid next to Nick on the bed eating pizza.

“Well I’ll have to tell them thanks next time I see them,” he replied.

“Did you have a great birthday?” I asked.

“Yeah I did,” he answered.

“Sorry I didn’t get you a birthday gift I just really haven’t had any time to get anything and I didn’t really know what to get a man who has everything,” I said.

“Well I didn’t have everything until I saw you that night at those awards,” he started. “And as for a gift you are my gift baby and I don’t need anything else but you.”

“Aww that’s why I love you is cause of stuff you say like that,” I laid my head on his chest as the movie played on the TV. “So beach tomorrow sound good?”

“Sounds great,” he smiled. “We can go snorkeling cause its so much fun or even jet skiing.”

“Oh my gosh I’ve always wanted to go jet skiing,” I smiled up at him. “Can we do that first?”

“We can do whatever we want we don’t have a time limit,” he answered.

“Thanks babe,” I replied as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Love ya,” he kissed my forehead.

“Love you too,” I said as I started to watch the movie that was playing.

******

 

“Which first snorkeling or jet skiing?” I asked as we walked down to the elevator in our bathing suits, sunglasses, and flip flops and towels in hand.

“Snorkeling since its better to do that first,” Nick replied as the doors to the elevator opened.

“Ok sounds a ton of fun,” I replied. “Can we by any chance get a waterproof camera to take with us?”

“Yeah we’ll get two so we don’t have to go searching for another one later,” he answered as we got to the lobby floor. “This is gonna be so much fun today you’ll love it.”

“I hope so it always seems like so much fun,” I replied.

“You know this is what I love about you,” he said as we walked to the gift shop outside the resort.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“That I can be myself around you and you won’t judge me for who I am or what I do,” he answered looking into her eyes as they stopped for a moment.

“Aww you know that’s what I love about you too,” I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his waste and laid my head on his chest.

“Is this all?” asked the man behind the counter as I he placed two waterproof cameras on the counter.

“Yes please,” Nick answered.

“Ok your total is $26.95,” the man told us.

Nick gave the man the money and go his change as they grabbed the cameras and walked out the door.

“Can I have a camera?” I asked as we walked down the street with his arm around me and mine around him.

“Sure,” he passed the camera.

“I wanted to take a picture before we got all wet together,” I said as I opened the camera box.

“Ok,” he said as I wounded up the camera. Just then a lady walked by. “Excuse me.”

“Yes,” she asked.

“Hi can you take a picture for us?” I asked.

“Sure,” she answered as she took the camera and we posed. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome,” she said as she gave me my camera back and walked away.

“Ok lets go snorkeling,” Nick said as we walked father down the street to the snorkeling shop. “You’ll have a blast. Once we get there they’ll tell us all about what to do and then we’ll go out and after that we’ll go jet skiing.”

“We’ll tomorrow I wanna relax at the room cause its our last day here,” I smiled as we got to the shop.

“Sounds great,” he said as we walked inside.

“Hi my I help you?” asked the women hanging up scuba diving gear.

“Hi we’d like to sign up for snorkeling if possible,” he answered as we walked up to the lady.

“Sure follow me this way,” she walked behind the counter. “Just you two?”

“Yes,” I answered.

“Ok we can get you with a group before they leave,” she started. “And we have a few different packages.”

“Great,” he stated as they looked at the different trips they offered.

“Oh Nick I’d love to do the one where we can swim with the dolphins,” I said excitedly.

“Why not that sounds like fun,” he replied. “We’d like this one. I’d to know if their was any way we could get a private trip or not.”

“We only do it on special occasions,” she replied.

“Oh ok cause I just didn’t want to be bugged,” he said.

“Oh sorry there also booked way in advance too,” she responded. “Well would you both like to fill a waver form. And you said you wanted the dolphin trip?”

“Yeah,” I answered as we took the form and pens she handed us and filled them out.

“Ok the total is $190.46 for the both of you,” she said.

“Here you are,” he passed her his credit card.

“Do you have id?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he passed his drivers license to her.

“Here’s the forms,” I handed her ours once they we’re finished.

“Thanks,” she replied. “Here’s your credit card and id Mr. Carter.”

“Thanks,” he said as he took the cards.

“Excuse me but do you mind if I ask you a question before I take you both to the boat area,” she asked as she looked at Nick.

“Uh sure,” he shrugged.

“Are you Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys?” she asked.

“Uh yeah,” he answered.

“Well if you had just said who you were we could have gotten you a private boat,” she said. “We have a special boat for any celebrities that wanna come down here to go snorkeling.”

“Well we’re fine now with the boat you got for us already we’ll just stay with it,” I intruded. “We don’t need to be treated any differently now that you know who he is. We can stay with the small group we have and be fine. We can handle a few other people with us. We’ll have fun.”

“Sorry I just didn’t recognize him at the time since he had sunglasses on sorry,” she apologized.

Just as she was about to talk again my cell phone rang.

“One second,” I said. “Sorry babe. Hello.”

“Hey sorry to bug you on your trip but I had to ask something about the merchandise,” spoke Gary on the other line.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Jay, Joe Don, and I wanna do two posters and we were told we had to talk to you,” he answered.

“Well that’s fine cause it gives more opportunity to sell more stuff at the show,” I answered. “Just have one say the tour name and the other say Rascal Flatts. I just got an idea why don’t you do one for each of you like one of just you then one of just Jay and one just of Joe Don.”

“That sounds great I’ll talk it over with them thanks,” he replied. “Bye talk to you later.”

“Bye,” I said as I hung up my phone. “Sorry Gary was having a problem about merchandise for the tour.”

“Its ok I know how frustrating it can be,” Nick replied as we turned to the lady. “We’re ready for the trip please.”

“Ok the next one leaves at 9 so we need to get you briefed,” she replied. “I couldn’t help but hear you say something about Rascal Flatts. I love their new song.”

“Thanks,” I replied as I followed her out near where we were gonna be briefed. “I’ll tell them you said that when I talk to them again.”

“You know them?” she asked nosily.

“Yeah I’m their manager,” I said irritated at all the questions she was asking us that morning.

“That’s awesome,” she said as she got to the briefing area. “Sorry for the way I acted earlier its just I didn’t know who you both were and if I had recognized you Nick I would have given you the private trip.”

“Its ok I’m glad I don’t look that recognizable,” Nick replied.

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the story and what you think might happen next. I'd like to know what you think might just go on.