- Text Size +
“Aunt Isabel!”

They heard yelling from the other room. Suddenly two boys of ages 5 and 3 ran into the kitchen and straight to Isabel.

“Whoa, boys! I thought you’d be in bed at this time!” Isabel said and hugged Paul.

Paul was wearing pyjama and his green eyes were sparkling. His blonde hair were messed up and he was smiling when Tom started to jump up and down.

“Izzy, Izzy… Where were you? I want you to read us a bedtime story. Please Izzy…!

Tom was pulling Isabel’s arm when the boys realized that Nick was also in the kitchen. Tom’s blue eyes opened wild when he started yelling.

“Mommy, there’s a stranger in our kitchen! Mommy! Mommy, come here!”

Lily walked into the kitchen and swelled Tom’s black hair. She take Tom to her lap and took Paul’s hand. She was smiling when she walked out from the kitchen with the boys.

“Let’s go boys. He is no stranger, he is Isabel’s friend. Now let’s go to the bed and wait there. I’m sure Isabel loves to read you about rockets and bees...”

Lily and the boys walked out of the kitchen and Isabel was smiling. This was her home. This is where she felted loved.

“I see you’re popular with boys.” Nick said and grinned. He sit down in front of the kitchen table.

“Well at least with little boys.” Isabel sit down facing Nick. “Tom and Paul are great little guys. And their mother Lily is my best friend. I really enjoy being their aunt.”

“Well, have you know the family for a long time?”

“Long enough to know that I can trust my life in their hands. They have been great to me and I love to come by as always as I can.” Isabel said and stood up. She went to the fridge.

“Want something to drink?”

“No, I’m okay… “ Nick was standing behind her. “It’s a shame that I am this old. I mean, I would love to hear a story of rockets and bees…”

He touched Isabel’s shoulder and turned her around. He watched into Isabel’s eyes and they both were smiling. There were electricity in the air and between those two. The moment was broken when tears started to flow down of Isabel’s eyes. She pushed Nick away and went outside to the garden.

“Isabel, are you okay? Did I hurt you? Because if I did, I didn’t mean to…” Nick followed her into the garden and sat down beside the pool. “ Isabel, you’re okay?”

“Yeah, I’m find. Sorry, some bad memories… That’s all.” Isabel sat down next to Nick. She wiped away the tears and smiled to Nick.

“Listen, I think you’re better go home now. I mean, the boys are waiting me to go upstairs and read the bedtime story to them. I’ll see you tomorrow at the beach when were taking some photos for your new album. Okay?”

Isabel stood up and left Nick outside. She went straight to boys and started to read the story. Outside in the garden Nick was amazed. He didn’t do anything wrong, or did he? All he wanted was to kiss her. Nick stood up and walked to his car. He drove off the driveway and headed back to his apartment. Maybe tomorrow will gave him some answers, because he had decided to found out what happened tonight.