- Text Size +
It was early Tuesday morning when Isabel woke up to hear that the phone was ringing. She didn't hurry to answer it because it was freaking 8am in the morning. So she took a long and warm shower. After that she dressed up and went downstairs. She turned the coffee maker on before heading to the hallway where the answering machine was. It had 3 new messages and Isabel started to listen them.

"Isabel, are you there? This is Scott, I'm calling from New York. I know that's early there but please answer the phone... Okay, you're possible still sleeping... Well, call me back as soon as you can, bye."

Ok, Scott did sound fine. But why the hell he was calling so early. Isabel were wondering that when she heard Paul's voice in the answering machine.

"Aunt Isabel?" Paul's voice was cracking and he started to cry. "Please auntie, you need to come here. Mommy doesn't woke up... She's just sleeping..."

Isabel didn't stay and listen the last message. She ran into her car. After few minutes she was driving like crazy and was heading to Patterson's house. Ten minutes later she drove her to the driveway and ran into the kitchen.

"Lily? Where are you? Paul?!"

She search through the kitchen and living room but didn't found anyone. After that she ran into upstairs and heard crying from the master bedroom.

"Paul, are you okay? Where's Tom?"

"Oh, aunt Izzy! I don't know what's wrong with mom!"

Paul were sitting on the bed and crying.

"It's okay Paul, now I need you to go and find Tom, okay? I am going look after your mom..."

Isabel took Paul away from the bed and then started to wake Lily up. She was sweating and spoke in her dreams.

"Lily, this is Isabel. Oh, please wake up. You're making us really worried..."

Isabel was shaking Lily when she suddenly woke up.

"Oh, Lily, you okay?"

"What happened? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to have breakfast with Nick..."

Lily stood up and saw Paul crying. Tom was standing next to him.

”Oh boys, everything is fine. Come here…” The boys walked to the bed and hugged Lily.

“There’s nothing to worry about…”

***

Couple hours later Isabel had drove Lily and boys to the hospital. Now she was heading into little cafeteria near Hollywood. When Isabel walked in she felt really comfortable. The place was really cozy. She ordered some coffee before sitting in front of one of the tables. It was already over 10am but she didn’t saw Nick there. Isabel was sure that they were supposed to meet at 10am. Maybe he was just little late. After waiting there almost an hour Isabel made an angry call to Nick.

“Hi, where the hell are you? I thought we were supposed to eat breakfast together…”

“Oh, morning Isabel… Didn’t you get my message? I’ve got fever and I didn’t want to infect you.”

Isabel felt terrible, that last message was from Nick.

“Sorry, I got your message but there was something wrong with Lily and I didn’t stay and listen it. I’m so sorry. How are you?”

Nick sounded achy but assured he was fine. He only wished that Isabel and Lily were okay. They talked into the phone almost half hour before Isabel decided it was time to let Nick rest.

***

The doorbell ringed and Isabel was anxious to see Nick’s face.

“Hi there stranger. Can I come in? I have some chicken soap with me.”

Isabel was smiling when Nick opened the front door of his house.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” He let Isabel in and shut down the door. “I mean… Hi”

He hugged Isabel and then leaded her into the kitchen.

“Well, I missed you and you sounded so bad in the phone so I wanted to make sure you’re really okay. Did you rest at all?”

Isabel sat Nick down and started to warm the soap.

“Yeah, I slept almost an hour… This is nice surprised, you know. Thank you from coming.”

“It’s my pleasure. Now, taste this. It’s good, right? It’s one of Lily’s recipe.”

Nick tasted the soap and was in heaven. He ate all the soap and just enjoyed Isabel’s company. They talked and after eating they went to living room and started to watch movie. Middle of the movie Isabel started to hear some soft snoring. Nick had fall asleep. Isabel just watched here sleeping there, looking so innocent. She really liked this man