- Text Size +
Two weeks later Isabel was waiting Brian to show up with his wife and son. They were supposed to shoot the family photos today. Isabel was anxious to see Brian with his family. Nick had told her about Brian’s devote to his family. Isabel was thinking Nick when she heard talking coming from out.

“Hi Isabel, how are you?” Brian walked in with Baylee. “Leighanne is outside talking to her cell. She’ll be here soon.”

“Hi Brian. Hi Baylee!” Isabel smiled and gave Baylee a high five. “I’m fine. How about you?”

“Fine too, thank you. So, how’s things with Nick?” Brian grinned and kissed her wife who had just walked inside.

“Oh, we’re fine. Hi Leighanne!” Isabel smiled and sat down. “So what kind of pictures do you want? Black and white, or?”

“I would love to have one black and white photo on the edge of the fireplace honey…” Leighanne said and smiled to Brian.

“Yeah, let’s took some of those then. Baylee, come here.”

Brian smiled when Baylee came and sat next to him. Taking those photos wasn’t easy. Baylee was just like his father, always playing around and making his parents to laugh.

Finally, after taking almost 50 photos Isabel was ready.

“Huh, we’re done!” She said and shut down the computer. “Making those black and white photos is going to take and hour or two… I’ll let Patricia do that.”

“Oh,okay. Is it okay if Leighanne stays and wait for those photos. I promised to my mom to visit her with Baylee so…” Brian looked first Isabel and after that Leighanne.

“Of course, just go. We’ll be fine. Bye” Leighanne said and then walked Brian and Baylee to the car.

After that she came back inside. Isabel was cleaning up and Leighanne started to help her.

“Isabel, can I ask you something?” Leighanne asked suddenly. “It is kind of personal...”

“Sure, ask whatever you wanna know.”

Isabel sat down on the couch. The very same couch were she and Nick had kissed two weeks earlier. Leighanne sat next to her.

“What happened to you in your past?”

The question blowed up Isabel’s mind.

“Why you want to know that? Nothing happened. It just… Nothing happened.”

Isabel stood up and started to play with her hair. She was nervous. How the hell did she found out?! Did Howie tell her? No, he couldn’t do that…

“I’m sorry if I freaked you out. It’s just that I can see it in your eyes. There’s something that I can’t explain. I mean, your eyes are sometimes so filled with sadness and anger. And I thought it had something to do with your past…” Leighanne had also stood up and smiled to Isabel. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. But just that you know. You can trust me.”

“Thank you… And you’re right. Something did happened in my past. It’s just that… Talking about it is hard, it brings back all the memories and stuff like that…”

Isabel looked into Leighanne’s eyes when she hugged her.

“I know… But what do you say if we go and eat something while we’re waiting those photos?”

So they left and headed to out to got something to eat. Isabel and Leighanne ended up in a little restaurant near the studio. They enjoyed the early lunch and talked about Isabel’s work. Leighanne seemed really interested of photography. Isabel told her the photo shoot were she first met the Backstreet boys and how Nick and she ended up to have a dinner. Suddenly she realized that she was telling Leighanne all about her life. She listened intently when Isabel told about her past and her feelings for dating Nick.

“You’re still dating? Not in a relationship yet? That’s not what I heard.” Leighanne said and smiled. “Brian told me about that kiss…”

“Oh no…” Isabel blushed and smiled bashfully. “Well, we only met almost a month ago. And even I like Nick a lot I don’t know if I’m ready for a relationship. You know my past…”

“Yes, and I think you should tell him. Maybe not now, but if you two are getting serious… He has a justice to know, you know? And you already told me and Howie. And with your permission I’m going to tell Brian as well…”

Leighanne hugged Isabel when they walked back to the car. They drove to the studio and looked through the photos. They were all great and Leighanne was having troubles for choosing of them. So she took them all to home. After she left Isabel sat down on the couch and started to think. How had this happened? Now there were three more people to know about her past. About her difficulties to trust men. And what would Nick say when he founds out..? She just hoped that Nick would love her enough to forgive her.