- Text Size +
Chapter 1: Rescue me tonight, Love me back to life.

“Can I sit here?” A guy dressed in black dress pants, a silk blue untucked dress shirt and a black fedora pulled low over his eyes asked.

“Be my guest.” I was sitting alone at the bar of a trendy Toronto nightclub while my friends hit the dance floor with guys that they had just met.

“Drinking alone I see.” This guy whoever he was had an amazing voice.

“Drinking alone, yes. Here alone, no. My friends are all out dancing.” There was something familiar about this guy.

“And why aren’t you out there with them?”

“No one bothered to ask me.” This was a fact that was a huge blow to my already shaky self esteem.

“A beautiful woman like you and no one asked you to dance. I hate to say anything against my own kind, however, some men are idiots. I am gonna change that, would you care to dance?”

“I’d love to.” There was something about this guy that had me absolutely hypnotized. He had beautiful plush lips and when he smiles I could die. He was confident and gorgeous yet he seemed a little unsure at times.


I placed my hand in his and stood up. He was tall, much taller then me and very well built. We walked close together until we reached the dance floor. A slower tempo song was just beginning to play and we moved closer together. He placed one hand on my satin covered hip and the other on my nude lower back. I placed my arms around his neck and ours hips began to move in a suggestive rhythm. The song ended far too soon and we were still lost in our own little world. He was the first to realize the music had ended and started to blush.

“I think I got a little lost with a girl whose name I don’t even know.”
“Bria”
“Pardon?”
“My name is Bria.”
“Well Bria it is very nice to meet you. I’m Nick.”

We were dancing closer together and I could feel his hips sliding against mine. There was something so erotic about this man. Sensuality and sexuality oozed off of him . We danced for awhile longer until we were both out of breath and in need of a drink.

“Let me buy you a drink.”
“Nick it’s alright I can get my own drink.”
“Not gonna happen, what would you like?”
“A whiskey sour is fine, thank you.” I realized I still had not seen his eyes, he had yet to remove his fedora.

“Nick, when am I gonna see the rest of your face?”
“Later when there are not so many people around.” I could see him tense up and I was curious as to what could make him not want to show his whole face. From what I could see already he was gorgeous. I decided to lighten the mood a little.

“Cool, so what do you like to do for fun?”
“I like to dance the night away with beautiful women. Come on I want you in my arms again.”

I placed my hand in his and once again we made our way to the dance floor. Nick pulled me close to him and that was the way I stayed for quite awhile.

“Would I be presumptuous if I asked if you wanted to get outta here?” I was kind of perplexed because I would normally dismiss this kind of invitation, but I really wanted to leave with him.

“Depends on what your plans are for when we leave.”
“Honestly I just want to get to know you.”
“Fair enough, let’s go.”

We walked to the coat check and grabbed our coats. It was a frigid February night and the snow was falling lightly all around us.

“Where do you want to go?” I was still in disbelief that I was going anywhere with him at all.
“My hotel is not too far from here, we could walk there.”
“Sounds good to me.” Luckily I was smart enough to wear a heavy coat, hat and mittens.

“You look awful cute all bundled up.”
“Thank ya.” My self esteem was certainly improving with Nick around.
“I never realized that it got so cold in Toronto.”
“Oh it does and worse. Where are you from?”
“I’m from New York but grew up in Florida. It gets chilly there but not like this. I live in LA right now though and it’s sort of the same thing.”
“Wow, that’s quite a difference then the weather here.”
“Your shaking.”
“Just a little cold.” I wasn’t sure if it was the cold or my nerves making me shake. Could’ve been a bit of disappointment that the Mysterious Nick, lived so far away.

“Come ‘ere.” Nick had his arm held out to me and I snuggled underneath. I wrapped my arm around his waist and leaned my head against his side. We walked for about ten minutes until we reached the Royal York Hotel.

“You’re staying here?!”
“Yeah I am, it’s pretty nice as far as hotels go.”
“I’ve always loved this building but never stayed here.”
“Well there is a first for everything.”
“It’s beautiful, so beautiful.”
“Not nearly as beautiful as you.”
“You know Nick, you are quite a charmer.”
“And you’re beautiful.” I was blushing and speechless as we walked through the lobby of the hotel.
“You’ve got me curious now.”
“You’ll get answers in a minute.” We walked to a room and Nick unlocked the door. I stepped inside, the room was gorgeous and very very messy.
“Excuse the mess if I had of known I was gonna bring someone back here I would have tidied up.”
“Don’t worry about it.” I stood in front of a dresser awkwardly, my nerves were raging and I didn’t know what to do. I barely knew this guy and yet I was standing in his hotel room.
“Come sit, would you like something to drink? I could really go for a hot chocolate.”
“That’d be nice, thanks.”
“Come and get warmed up and I’ll call room service.”
I sat down on a big comfy couch and Nick wrapped a blanket around me. He looked gorgeous walking around the room in socked feet.
“I am just gonna change real quick, I’ll be right out.” The thought of him getting naked in the room next to me sent shivers down my spine. The mere thought of him undressing was getting to me. When Nick walked back into the room my breath caught in my throat. Everything made sense, the fedora, the voice, Florida, LA, absolutely everything.

“Well that explains a lot.” Nick was just a Nick he was Nick Carter. Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and notorious bad boy. I was in for it now. What I got myself into I am not quite sure.
“Please don’t be mad and please don’t leave. I never get treated normally. Just please treat me like you were. I should have told you but everything felt so good. I am sorry, I just wanted to have some fun and meet someone.”

I kind of felt sorry for him. Granted I was a little dismayed at the turn of events but I guess I could cope. He certainly didn’t seem like the pompous ass that the media makes him out to be. What the hell?
“Come sit. I am just surprised is all. I guess I can treat you normally, if you treat me the same way.”
“I don’t think I am going to get a better deal than that.” Nick sat himself down beside me and I shared the blanket with him.
“So what brings you to Toronto?”
“A little bit of work but mostly vacation.”
“Awesome, it’s a little but cold to be vacationing here this time of year.”
“Yea, I didn’t really think about that when I came up here. What do you do?”
“I am a student and I would part-time at a group home.”
“Very cool, what are you studying?”
“I am studying to become a registered nurse and I already have a diploma in Child and Youth Work.”
“Wow, I always wanted to go to college but that just never happened.”
“What would you have taken?”
“Either marine biology or something in the music industry.”
“Cool, I love the water, I went swimming in Florida when I was a kid and fell in love with the ocean.” When I had gone as a kid I was so mesmerized that still to this day it is one of my favourite memories.
“I know what you mean, no matter how much time I spend in the water, ocean life still amazes me.”

“It must be nice having lived so close to the ocean.” I was a bit jealous and disappointed. It’s not everyday that you meet someone that you have instant chemistry with. Not to mention that he is an international celebrity and a guy that I lusted over for years. My nerves were shot before, now it’s worse. I wanted to treat him normally, however, I wasn’t sure if I could even breathe, let alone continue having a coherent conversation.

“When I am home it’s really nice, but that’s rare.”

There was a know at the door and Nick got up to answer it. Room service came in with two hot chocolates and a plate of chocolate chip cookies, that smelled amazing. I started to relax as Nick brought the hot chocolates over and sat beside me.

“Are you okay?” Nick took my hand in his and looked into my eyes. His eyes are so incredibly blue and his lips looked so soft. He truly is gorgeous.

“I’m okay, this whole night seems so surreal. You, me, dancing, hot chocolate, it’s kinda hard to believe. Good things like this don’t happen to me. I just don’t know what to think. I’ve been a fan for years, I should be hysterical but I am just kinda numb.”

“Well, I thank you for not being hysterical, that saves me a lot of effort. You’re not the only one freaking out. I am sitting and having a normal conversation with someone I just met. Not something that happens to me everyday. Now relax and drink your hot chocolate. And for Christ sakes would you share the blanket, it’s bloody freezing in here. “

I laughed and wrapped the blanket around him.





*Please Review*