- Text Size +
**Please review**

Chapter 2: Poor Little Heart All Black and Blue

The sun’s blaring through the window, there’s a hand on my stomach and there’s a horrible kink in my neck. Not my normal morning. No sound of my alarm clock, must still be early. The head that was laying on my shoulder moved slightly over and I could feel air hitting my neck. I turned my head and was shocked at first, then the memories of the night before began to come back.

There was a grumble and shifting behind me, followed by another grumble and a snort. It was obvious that Nick was just starting to wake up and trying to avoid it.

“Good morning” Nick sort of half grumbled half moaned behind me.

“Morning, how are you?”

“Sleepy, you?”

“I suppose I am fine, any idea what time it is?” Nick pulled his arm from around me and looked down at his watch.

“Uhhh... 8:30.”

“Please tell me you are kidding me...”

“Nope.”

“Fuck” I was already a half hour late for class, with no change of clothes and no notes and nothing to even take notes on. Bloody beautiful. Always what any student wants to have happen. Great.

“What’s up?” Nick looked so innocent and he was so comfortable to lay on I didn’t really wanna move.

“My class started half an hour ago and I have no idea what I am gonna do.” I could see Nick thinking and it kinda troubled me. I just buried my head in my hands and sighed.

“Hey, it’s okay, I have an idea. You can borrow one of my sweaters and my laptop. That way you won’t be cold and you can take notes. That way I cam also make sure that I get to see you again.” Nick winked and I blushed and just about fainted.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, now go freshen up and I will find you a sweater and pack up my laptop. I can call you a cab too. Now go.”

I ran out of the room and got myself freshened up. It was totally obvious that I had not been home the night before but who cares. I walked out of the bathroom and Nick handed me a sweatshirt that I gladly put on.

“There you go, good as new. Your cab will be here in a few minutes, here’s my laptop and your password is chocolate. Take some cookies too, for breakfast. What time are done school?”

“Thanks, I’m done at four.”
“Okay, would you maybe want to meet back here around seven for dinner?” He almost looked nervous it was adorable.

“Sounds good to me. I better go though. Thank you so much.”

“I’ll see you tonight.” Nick smiled and my heart started to pound.

“See ya tonight.”

I ran all the way to the cab, jumped in and told him where I was going. My coat was undone and I tucked my hands into the pockets of the sweater. I pulled out a piece of paper.

Bria,
Thanks for an amazing night. Just so you know, words can’t
describe how beautiful you are. If you need anything my cell # is
555-902-4850. I can’t wait to see you again.
Nick

I folded the note back up and tucked it in my pocket. The cab came to a stop and I paid and got out. I ran to my class and snuck in the back. Luckily my friends were sitting near the door. When I sat down I received questioning glances from each of them. Since I was late it was soon time for break.

“Where were you?” My friend Mardi is always quick to the punch and full of questions.

“I slept in late.”

“Whose sweater is that?” She is so full of questions she is practically bursting.

“A friends.”

“Why do the rest of your clothes look like what you had on last night?” I love this girl but today she’s grating on my nerves.

“Because they are.”

“Where did you disappear to last night?”

“I got bored so I left.”

“Why am I getting the impression that you aren’t telling us everything, or anything.”

“Because I’m not. Listen a lot of weird shit has happened in the last 24 hours and when I figure things out, you’ll know.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m perfect, anyways how was everyone else’s night?”

School seemed to drag on but I made it through without answering too many questions. As selfish as it sounds, I want to keep Nick a secret. Something that;s just for me, for now. I know he won’t be around long so I want to spend as much time as I can with him. I have no idea what’s happening and I don’t really expect anything. He has a career, I have school and work. It just feels good to spend time with him.

I went home, showered and changed into casual warm clothes. I picked up the phone to call Nick, anxious to see him.

“Hello”

“Hey”

“Bria?”

“Ya, how are you?”

“Good, you? How was class?”

“It was alright.I am just calling to see if you still want me to come down?”

“Of course I do, this may sound strange but I have missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too. I guess I’ll leave now then. I should be there in 45 minutes or so.”

“Alright, bye Bria.”

“Bye” I grabbed my bag and left to meet Nick.


~~~

The trip on the subway downtown had to be one of the most nerve wracking experiences of my life. I was really on my way down to meet back up with the one and only Nick Carter. What the hell am I doing?

I’ve been hurt before, every girl has. This just seems like a sure fire way to get hurt again. It wouldn’t be hard to fall for him and well his reputation certainly precedes him. Yet, I can’t back away yet.

I got off the subway at Union station and took a great big breath to calm myself down. I mean come on it’s not like I am meeting some international popstar that I had an incredible night with last night, oh wait. I am. Funny how that can make me anxious.

I walked down the street and into the Royal York. I called Nick again and told him that I was there. I hopped on an elevator to his floor and met him at his room. How can he look so good in jeans and a t-shirt. It’s so not fair.

“Hey Bria.” Nick was leaning against the door frame casually and then took a step towards me and gave me a quick hug. We did all the formal greetings and went into the hotel room.

“Thanks so much for letting me borrow your stuff, it really helped.”

“No problem, now what do you want for dinner?”

“Have you ever been to Jack Astor’s?”

“Can’t say I have.”
“Well then I know where we can go for dinner and the best part is that it’s nice and close.”

“Sounds good to me.”

We walked literally across the street to Jack Astor’s and waited to be seated. Nick was wearing a semblance of a disguise but once we were seated away from the main area he took it off.

“What classes did you have today?” The ease in which our conversations flowed was comforting. It seemed to feel like we had known each other much longer than the actual 24 hours.

“I had english, general math and anatomy. It was a pretty boring day.”

“I could help you study for anatomy.” Nick winked in sort of a cheesy way and yet I wasn’t all that opposed to the idea.

“There is no doubt in my mind that you could. Moving on however, what’d you do today?”

“I had a boring meeting, that had one single positive outcome, and then just relaxed all day.” The waiter came over to take our order and then left us be.

“What was the positive outcome?”

“I have to stay an extra two days.”
“That’s awesome.”

“I was hoping you would be happy about that. I’m gonna ask you a question that you may not be able to or want to answer but I am gonna ask anyways. With all that you have going for you, why are you single?”

The question kind of shocked me but I was getting used to Nick’s ability to do that. I was gonna answer with sort of my default response of being too busy, but I kinda feel obligated to be honest, with both him and myself.

“I guess you could say I have been hurt in the past and am somewhat guarded. I’ve never really bothered with dating. I guess I have a fear of the unknown and don’t want to be hurt again.”

“I get that. I’ve been through my share of failed relationships. I was just curious and I am glad that you answered.

The rest of our dinner we ate in comfortable silence. After dinner we made plans to meet the next morning for breakfast before I had to go to work. I headed back to the hotel with Nick and then was on my way home. When I was leaving Nick’s room he left me with a warm hug and chaste kiss to ponder over for the night. Dreams would sweet and full of a tall gorgeous blonde.