- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I am really working hard this summer to try and finish a couple stories or at least keep updating. The value of vacation!
“Just another mundane Monday…”

Monday mornings suck. They always do, I hate early classes and lots of work. Nick in my bed worked out quite well. He was definitely better to wake up to than the empty pillow. Last night was amazing in it’s own right. There was no sex, or anything like that, he just held me like a gentleman and we slept cuddle. Sickening I know, it was kinda nice, mind you the feel of his body this morning was definitely a turn on.

His hand that was resting on my stomach slid to my hip, I could feel his breath on my neck and myself get turned on.

“Bria?”
“Nick.”
“You’re awake?”
“I’m answering you.”
“Smartass.”
I got a smack on my bum for that. Truth be told, I got a whole lot more than just a smack on the bum. Nick definitely gives the best wake up calls. Now significantly late for school, I grabbed my backpack like a good little schoolgirl and ran out the door.

Being gone the whole day, knowing Nick was in meetings and then resting at my house killed me. I just wanted to be home. My focus was off for sure. I started blushing at the mention of penis, sex or anything that was a reminder of my morning. I called Nick at lunch to see how he was to find out he was bored in between meetings and wanting to be home. We decided that who ever was first back to my apartment would make dinner. This concerned me a little as I wasn’t sure how good Nick’s cooking would be. Turns out that his cooking is absolutely fantastic. We sat down for chicken, grilled vegetables and rice.

“How was your day?”
“It was pretty boring, classes, lunch, time to study, more classes. Pretty much the usual.”
“That doesn’t sound so bad to me, I always wanted to go to school.”
“Sometimes it’s not all its cracked up to be. How was your day?”
“It fucking sucked, I hate this weather, I miss my sun and sand and I wanna be home. I hate meetings, I always feel retarded even though I know I’m not.”
“Oh, I thought you liked being here, the weather…” My heart sank. He didn’t want to be here. I guess I kinda always figured that but it still sucked.
“ I like being with you, things are just stressful.”
“But you said you didn’t like being here. I am here.” I know I was being a little whiny and obvious; it just stung.
“I know, I’m sorry, they were just really hard on me today, and I friggin froze. I am really sorry babe, I didn’t mean it.”
“But you said it and it sucks.” Here comes the petting whining.
“And I told you I sucked with words, that I like you and want to be here with you. It’s just a change is all. I am looking forward to being home, but I am happy here with you. It’s gonna suck when I leave, I’m gonna miss you. But babe? Please can we forget I am stupid and just hang out, I don’t wanna think about leaving. I’m an ass, I’m sorry.” Now it was my turn to feel guilty.
“I’m sorry, I’m an ass. My heart just kinda sank, thinking you didn’t want to be here near me. I was being a dumb girl, and I hate those. I’m sorry.”
“Bria, if I didn’t want to be near you, I wouldn’t have asked to stay at your place and make love to you in the morning, and hopefully at night.”
“I know, I’m dumb. Kiss for forgiveness?”

I leaned over the table for my kiss. When we were done cleaning from dinner, I made my lunch for work. It was all so domestic. We decided on more movies. I always preferred a low-key evening before work. We laid in bed watching movies and stealing kisses.

“Nick, what happens when you go home?”
“I don’t know baby, my life isn’t easy to plan.”
“I wanna be in it.”
“I want you to be too.”

The amount of whining I had done was sure to turn him off. I just couldn’t seem to turn my brain off. That was until I felt Nick’s hand slide down my shoulder to rest just at the side of my breast. He had a way of making my throat go dry with the simplest touch. His finger swayed from side to side at the edge of my breast, his other hand sliding to do the same thing near my thigh. I reached over to do the same to the side of his neck. A well-known sensitive spot. This got the Nick seal of approval has he quickly flipped me onto him. He pulled me down to lie flush to his chest. Nick kissed across my face, my chin, and the corners of my mouth and all the way across my jaw. Everywhere but my mouth. He flipped me back over and crawled on top of me. This had a slight resemblance to an acrobat performance. Nick took the longest time removing my clothing, inch by unbearably torturous inch. Finally I was naked and Nick was stripping, just the way it should be. The lovemaking was just as slow and passionate as the foreplay until neither of us could stand it any longer.

Basking in the after glow made me realize that there was not a point in worrying about the future, I knew the risks. The days simply had to be filled with as much passion as we could. It was definitely something worth fighting for, but definitely not worth fighting over. Sometimes when you hold on too tight, you miss the importance of having it in the first place. I was definitely not about to let that happen.