- Text Size +
Prologue

In god we trust...

Our sight...our mind

Dear Holy Father,
Forgive me, for I have sinned... I do not appreciate your gift... For I am only a man, but now a man with wild thoughts and ideas. Father save me, for my worlds lost all its color.

Sincerely, Brian

A gift is a gift, never to be taken for granted, just appreciated.

Even if that gift changed your world...

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1

The road seemed endless as Brian's eyes began to get weary. He gripped the wheel tighter to gain focus, 'I knew partying with Nick was a bad idea!' he thought to himself, paying close attention to the road. As the rain continued to pour onto the roof of his jeep, blinding lights ahead of him blocked his view. Taking his hands off the wheel to shield his face from what was about to happen next.

Everything seems so slow... like life is moving in a time warp...

I don't remember the impact of the truck hitting my car. I just remember time...time slowing

Slowly existing...

-----------------------

Brian lay still in his bed, surrounded by his family and band mates. He was aware of everyone in the room, but he couldn't see. His body felt weightless and motionless as the voices around him grew louder.

"Do you think he's going to be ok?"

Nick? It that you Nick?

"The doctors said he's very lucky to be alive. Hopefully he can hear us"

I hear you Kev1 I can hear you!

"This is all my fault...I should have talked him into staying"
"Don't blame yourself"

Listen to AJ, Nick; it's not your fault...

The four remaining band mates silently wept looking at Brian's motionless body. Not being able to handle his guilt, Nick slowly turned away from everyone walking out of the cramped hospital room. Kevin sighed as Howie placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe that's our cue, we should go home Kev" he said
"I don't want to leave Brian like this"
"There's nothing more we can do for him by standing here and worrying ourselves sick"
"True"
"You coming J?"
"Yeah, I think we all could use some sleep" AJ said
"I'll see you later Jackie" Kevin said
"We're gonna leave too, Baby Duck needs his rest" Jackie said

The remaining group slowly walked out of the room. The sound of the door closing caused Brian's eyelids to flicker. He was lost in his own world, own mentality. He couldn't move, but he could still feel; even his hearing had heightened. Fighting the gateways in his head, extending like a hallway, his thoughts raced by every sound in the room.

In god we trust...

Brian...Brian...

"Whose there?"

Wake up...

Our heavenly fathers...please see us through

"Am I dead?"

No...You’re beyond the living

The son, the spirit...and in the Holy Ghost

"Why are we praying?"

We're not...they are

"Who are they?"

The ones only you can see...

The sound of the respirator beeped louder as Brian twitched in his bed. Sitting up straight he opened his eyes gasping for his breath, 'Where am I?' he thought looking around the room. His eyes landed on a small child curled up in the corner of the room. It was too dark to tell if it was a girl or a boy, but he could sense the child was frightened.

"Are you my roommate?" he asked

The child’s' head rose and stared at him. Brian blinked a couple of times; the child was gone. He looked around the room franticly, jumping when he saw the child by his bedside.

"You can see me?" she whispered
"Of course I-" his words were cut off by the door in the room opening
"Mr. Littrell! You're awake" a doctor said rushing to his side
"What happened?" he asked
"You were in a car accident"

Nick's party

"Am...Am I ok?"
"According to your vital status and your improvement right now, I think you're going to be fine"
"This is a miracle...we didn't think you'd ever wake up" a nurse said
"How long have I been unconscious?"
"3 years..." the doctor said
"3 years! But…how? Didn't I just get into the accident yesterday? My friends, my wife...Where is everyone?" he asked panicking
"Relax Mr. Littrell, your friends and family have been here with you almost everyday"
Brian relaxed against the headboard, "Where did the little girl go?"
"What little girl Mr. Littrell?"
"There was this child in my room, she was talking to me, right when you came in"
"Mr. Littrell...there was no one in your room"

Help us!

In the name of the Holy Father

Save us...

Only you can hear them...

Brian grabbed his head in pain as the voices continued to run rapid in his mind. He began to rock back and forth in his bed moaning louder for the voices to stop.

"Nurse! Get the psychiatric unit down here now!"
"Stop!" Brian screamed
"Mr. Littrell!"

They won't go away Brian...

Make them stop

I can't...it's not in my power

I want them to stop

You have to stop first