- Text Size +

Chapter 2

Brian sat in his room on his bed lost in his thoughts. The sedatives were starting to kick in, causing him to rock back and forth to gain control of his environment. His thoughts were hazy as well as his vision. He slowly curled up into a ball trying to grasp this new information. The sound of the door bursting open startled him as he jumped from his bed backing into a corner.

"Frick!" Nick screamed racing to approach the scared man
"Nick?" Brian asked confused

Nick had long changed in the past 3 years. You could tell he put on some pounds, it showed in his face. His eyes looked tired, like he hadn't slept in days. His blonde hair ruffled and unkempt, but that famous smile still lay upon his lips. He quickly embraced the blonde as tears began to streak down his face. Brian didn't want to let go, he wanted to stay locked in this moment he had waited 3 years for. Nick pulled away to stare at him.

"I can't believe it...I can't believe you're awake" he chimed
"I didn't know I was out for that long"
"I'm so sorry Rok, I am. Can you please find it in your heart to forgive me?"
"Forgive you? For what?"
"The party, it was my fault that you got into the accident"
"No it wasn't, it was mine for driving"
"Well, I’m glad you're awake now. We've missed you"
"And I’ve missed you"

Hear us...

The voices rang loud in Brian's head again as he sat there staring into space. He began to shake against Nick, violently pulling away from him. He curled into a ball on the floor.

"Make it stop...make it stop..." he chanted repeatedly
"Make what stop?" a horrified Nick asked
"The voices...god, make them fucking stop!" he screamed
"I don't hear anything..."

Scared, Nick ran out of the room to find a nurse. Brian closed his eyes and let his thoughts take over his mind. The voices had stopped their loud howling as he opened his eyes in the dark room. The small child stood in front of him. Brian collected himself off the floor, slowly standing up to look down on the child.

"Who are you?" he asked
"My name is Sarah"
"How did you get in here?"
"I'm always here...I’m always with you"
"Why? Why is this happening to me?"
"You're the chosen one Brian"
"I didn't choose to be anything! I want my life back"
"You lost that 3 years ago" a dark voice whispered

Brian turned around to face a large shadow. The shadow’s face was concealed by a mask. The shadow extended his hand as Brian stared at it. Swallowing hard he placed his hand in the mysterious creatures.

"There are things you should see" the shadow replied

He closed his eyes as he felt a cool rush of air against his face. He opened his eyes starring in amaze at his surroundings. It felt as if he was in a movie theater watching all the tragedies flash and appear in front of him. Turning around to run, he froze in his tracks falling flat to the floor. He looked up at a child in front of him.

"That's me!" he shouted

The small boy stood clutching a stuffed bear dressed in a hospital gown. He appeared to be crying calling out for his mother. Brian stood to his feet and tried to touch the younger version of him. The child screamed and ran away from him.

"Wait! Come back!" Brian pleaded

Brian began to chase after him as fast as his feet could carry him. He stopped short as he came to a cliff's edge. Taking a few steps back he peered down below at the depth of the mountain.

Jump...

"I'm not committing suicide!" he yelled

You want a way out?

"Not that way!"

That's...the only way

Brian...

Save us...

"Nick?"

Save us

He grabbed his head in pain trying to block out the cry of voices. Losing his balance he slipped and fell off the cliff. Time started to slow down as he free fell down the mountain. He closed his eyes preparing for the worse when he'd reach the bottom.

"Brian!" a distant voice called

'Kevin?' he thought

He opened his eyes to find himself back in the hospital room, with doctors and his family surrounding him. He shot up while Kevin still had a grip on him. The sweat rolled down his face as he jerked from his older cousin.

"Calm down Bri" Kevin said softly
"I told you he was acting weird..." Nick said
"I was falling! Why am I here? I was suppose to be dead!" he screamed
Leighanne winced, "Bri but you're here now, we me, your family and Baylee" she said
"No! I fell...I didn't mean too. The people screaming...they caused me to jump" he rambled
"Doctor is this normal?" Howie asked
"Well since he's been in a coma for 3 years, the long sleep has probably taken a toll on his brain pattern"
"Meaning?" Leighanne asked
"Well Mr. Littrell is showing signs of Schizophrenia" the doctor stated
"I am not crazy!" Brian replied
"Doesn't make you crazy, you just need to be put on the best medication available and you'll be yourself again"
"I am not crazy!"

No one can help you...

"Stop it!" he screamed
"Mr. Littrell you need to calm down"

They'll never believe you because they can't save us

"I can't save you!"
"Who are you talking too?" Nick asked placing his hand on Brian's shoulder
"Get away from me!" he screamed

Keep fighting...it'll only make it worse Brian...

Except it

Except us!

"No!"

Brian began to thrash around in his bed

"Hold him down!" the doctor ordered

The four men held down their brother as he continued to scream and thrash about in his bed. The doctor pulled out a syringe and slowly injected it into Brian's arm. The boys released him as his thrashing started to decease and slowly eased to twitching. Brian began to cry and faced Nick.

"Help me Nicky...I'm not crazy" he moaned
Nick sniffed holding his tears back, "I wish I could help you..."

No one can help you...