- Text Size +

Brian had spent the rest of evening hiding in AJ’s guest bedroom. He didn’t want to be bothered by his cousin, afraid of his reaction to another outburst. It felt like forever when he had finally fell asleep. All he wanted to do was lie there and never wake up.

 

Wake up…

Help us!

Brian… Brian…

You can’t save them

 

He shot up in bed sweating as he glanced around the room. Sighing he fell back against the bed, turning on his side his eyes came in contact with a rotten corpse laying beside him. He screamed jumping up out of the bed and darting for the door. By the time he reached the door the corpse had disappeared. Panting he hunched over trying to regain his breath, ‘It’s not real… it’s not real,’ he repeated in his head. He slowly opened his eyes noticing the room was now pitch black. The sound of someone crying hysterically could be heard.

 

Don’t be afraid

 

Brian stood up and turned around to see Nick standing behind him. His solemn ghostly eyes staring into Brian’s eyes. He outstretched his hand placing it against Brian’s forehead. Brian immediately started to panic but found himself frozen in his place.

 

I didn’t do it

The room seemed so lonely as Nick slowly rocked himself back and forth on his bed. He couldn’t shake the thoughts from his head as racked his fingers through his blonde hair. His face looked emaciated as well as his body. Suddenly the light above his bed started to flicker. It caught Nick’s attention as he stood on his bed to examine the light.

As Nick remained preoccupied by the flickering light his sheets slowly slipped off his bed. The sheet tied itself into the shape of a noose.

“Nick! Behind you!” Brian screamed

He can’t hear you

No one can hear you

We need you

Suddenly the sound of something moving in his room startled him. Nick lost his footing as he turned around and got caught in the bed sheet made noose. He struggled to get it off his neck trying desperately to get his feet to touch the ground. The sound of Nick choking was making Brian sick to his stomach.

Help me!

Finally Nick stopped struggling as his body finally went limp. Brian starred in fright as Nick’s lifeless body dangled in the middle of his bedroom.

1 down 3 to go

“No!”

 

“Wake up!” he heard a voice yell violently shaking him

 

Sweat ran down his face as he tried to pull himself together. He glanced around the room to see that he was still in the hospital. He continued to scream as he noticed Nick’s body handing from the ceiling. He panicked trying to get up and run, but the restraints were keeping him. Brian began to struggle against the restraints as he continued to cry out.

 

“WAKE UP!” the voice shouted

 

A million voices seem to engulf me as the sound kept getting louder. I couldn’t move to cover my ears to keep the deafening sounds away. All of a sudden everything became quiet. You easily drop a pin and it’d probably break the sound barrier.

 

Save us…

 

“NO!” Brian shouted, “I cannot save you!”

“Bri… wake up! Rok get a hold of yourself!” AJ’s voice cried

 

Beads of sweat rolled down Brian’s face as he starred blankly at the man in front of him. Trying to catch his brief he hunched over to rest his head on the worried mans shoulder. A loud cry escaped his mouth as his shuttered from the tears.

 

“It’s ok man, it’s ok”

“It’s all my fault J…”

“What’s your fault?”

“Nick! Nick’s death is all my fault. They took his life in exchange from mine”

“Brian-“

“No! Listen to me, there are these demons and they said that when I was in a coma that you all exchanged your lives to keep me alive. Now that I’m awake they’re coming after you, ALL OF YOU!”

“Brian you’re not making any sense”

 

They don’t believe you…

You can’t save them…

 

“No! I can save them I can’t save you!” Brian shouted as he flinched away from AJ

“Maybe we should go back to the hospital…”

 

I walk through the valley of the shadows of death

I will fear no evil

“Save us!”

For thou art with me

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me

 

AJ whipped out his cell phone as he tried to keep his attention on Brian. He started to panic waiting for an answer from the other end of the line.

 

“Hello?” a groggy voice said

“Kev help!”

“AJ what’s matter?”

AJ’s eyes shifted around the room, “It’s Brian, he’s really lost it man. He keeps talking about death is upon us-”

“Slow down, did you call his doctor?”

“No I didn’t call his damn doctor, you and Leighanne are the only ones with his number. I wasn’t about to call her and freak her the fuck out when she’s home by herself taking care of Baylee”

“You need to take him back to the hospital”

“He won’t move!”

“You’re going to have to force him J! I’ll call the hospital ahead of time and meet you guys there”

“Kevin don’t make me do this by myself”

“Alex you have to do this, it’ll take me an hour to get to where you’re at. We don’t have much time”

“Fine!”

 

He slammed his phone shut turning his attention on Brian. Brian had since stopped screaming only to sit there starring off into space. The sight of his dilated pupils frightened him as he gently shook his friend.

 

“Come on Bri, we’re going to go out for some air”

“I don’t want to go anywhere…” Brian moaned

“Come on buddy, I think you could use it”

 

Brian’s dull blue eyes shifted to meet AJ’s gaze. He nodded slowly as he shifted his gaze forward. AJ stood up slowly lifting Brian up with him. He directed him to him the bed as he walked around the room placing Brian’s belongings in a bag.

 

“Why are you packing my bag?” Brian asked quietly

“Just cleaning up a bit before we go out. It’ll be less of a mess to clean when we get back,” he lied

“Oh…”

“Come on bud time to go,”

“K”

 

AJ slowly led Brian to the door as they made their way downstairs and out of the house, ‘God forgive me for deceiving my friend,’ AJ thought to himself.

-------------------------------------------

 

Kevin paced around the waiting room for what seemed like hours. Suddenly the sight of a white BMW pulling up in front of the door caught his attention. He motioned for the staff to follow him to the door. Once he was outside Brian emerged from the car looking around puzzled.

 

“AJ I thought you said we were going to the park…”

“Sorry Brian”

“Gentlemen please escort Mr. Littrell to the psychiatric floor,” the head staff announced

“What?” Brian gasped

 

He tried to make a run for it but the men were too fast. Kevin turned his back trying to block out Brian’s pleas for help. Tears started to run down his face as his cousins cries got louder. He turned around slowly to see Brian being dragged into the building, his eyes full of fear. Once they had succeed with getting Brian inside Kevin turned to face AJ.

 

“We’re doing the right thing, right?” he questioned

AJ removed his sunglasses to wipe his eyes, “I hope so”

“I am in no way shape or form a bad person for wanting to get him help?”

“No Train you’re not”

 

Sighing Kevin sat down on the curb as he ran his fingers through his hair. AJ eased himself down next to Kevin slinging his arm over his shoulder.

 

“In the end Brian will thank us for getting him the help he needs now. Right now he’s not in a very good place and even though it’s hard to see that now it’ll all work out in the end,” AJ said

Kevin looked up and smiled, “When did you gain wisdom?”

“I learned it from the best,” he said smiling, “But this is a once in a lifetime thing. Don’t expect me to turn over a new leaf any time soon”

“Nah cause then I’d be out of a job”