- Text Size +
            Their honeymoon had ended shortly after receiving their unexpected news. Nick had convinced himself that the doctor had put a spell on him and wanted a second opinion. Brian was a wreck; he was still trying to grasp the concept of what had been going on between the two of them. From trying to keep Nick calm to trying to find a valid explanation for all of this, sadly he couldn't.

            They both sat in a horribly decorated office waiting for the doctor's return. Nick kept stealing candy from the candy jar. Every time Brian's caught him he could take the candy away. Their world was disrupted when the sound of the door opened.

"So am I in perfect health doc?" Nick asked
"Well...Mr. Littrell...how can I put this? No"
"No! What do you mean no! I can't be pregnant that's just weird!"
"Weird indeed, but blood test show you are in fact pregnant. 7 weeks pregnant-"
"Are you kidding me? That's like 2 months..."
"Calm down Nicky," Brian said grabbing his husbands hand
"Oh god...I’m going to be a freak! Why me? I don't want to be a freak...I mean look at Lance after he got plastic surgery, you saw it coming that he was a freak!"
"Mr. Littrell I’d like to discuss with you about prenatal care and birthing options"
"What! I am not having this baby! I can't have a baby I’m 25 and a guy! Where the fuck is a kid suppose to come out of? I want an abortion!"
Brian winced, "Nick let's hear what he has to say"
The doctor cleared his throat, "Now, unfortunately male abortions haven't been legalized, it's too much of a health risk-"
"Wait so this shit is common?"
"I've never heard about this before," Brian added
"Well medical science is a unique thing. We try and keep male pregnancies quiet for the fear of the public’s negative reaction"
"Hello...I am a superstar! I sing and am in front of a camera nearly all the time! How the fuck am I suppose to hide being the size of a whale!"
"Well you're just going to have work around your pregnancy"
"Or we go public Frack"
"Oh no, oh no! I'm not letting the world know I'm a freak!" Nick said standing up pacing
"Sit down it's not good for you to be stressed"
"Stressed? Stressed! Ha stressed isn't even nowhere near it"
"Honey, think of this as a blessing...we did say we wanted children"
"Yeah, to adopt! Not to be having them! How the hell am I suppose to give birth? Push the kid out of my dick?"
"No Mr. Littrell, you have two options, cesarean or rectal-"
"What the fuck is rectal? I know Kevin's used that word once or twice"
"That’s rhetorical sweetie. And rectal means...well ok...you know where a baby comes from a woman. Well you don't have that so that only leads one other area-"
"Are you fucking kidding me?"
"Mr. Littrell like I said there's always ce-"
"The world has gone absolutely mad and I am the entertainment! I am not pushing anything out of my ass. My asshole would be like the size of Canada!"
"Well dear you have had-"
"Shut up! This is no time to be kinky" Nick screamed as he sunk in the chair, "This isn't funny, look if Ashton Kutcher's gonna come out any minute and punk me again, let it be now!"

*5 Minutes later*

"I'm pregnant...I’m really pregnant" Nick cried
Brian wrapped his arms around him,"It' ok baby, we'll get through this"
"What am I suppose to tell my family? Oh god my career is over...so is yours"
"No it's not, you're overreacting. I'm sure the boys will understand"
"The boys? Oh god Kevin's going to kill us!"
"No he won't, he cares about us"
"Oh yeah he was really caring when we announced we were getting married" Nick spat
"Don't look so down..."
Nick glared, "This is all your fault! You had to touch me! How could you...do you have some sort of super sperm?"
"So it's because of me?" Brian asked
"Actually no Brian it's not. Nick has a rare disease that allows him to carry eggs-"
"So I’m a fucking woman! I'm a hermaphrodite?"
"No you're not, it just means you produce eggs and are allowed to have children"
"How come no one's told me about this? They tell you if you have cancer or if you have aids, but they can't tell you that you can get pregnant?"
"Well at the time such information wasn't valid. If we were to have tested you years ago nothing would show up because your eggs hadn’t developed"
"This is really fascinating" Brian commented
"You would think so, cause it's not happening to you!"
"If you forgot I am married to you!"
"That doesn't mean you can impregnate me like some freaky alien"
"Calm down...things will work out," Brian said placing his hand over Nick's, "I'm not going to leave you, I love you and I think I’m ready to handle this. That is if you want too..."
Nick sighed looking his lover in the eyes, "I know how much you want a family...and...I guess I can be ok with this...fine, alright I’ll be the pregnant popstar"
"Well now that this is over, Nick I’d like to see you next week. I'm writing a prescription for prenatal pills-"
"How am I going to get those? Don't you think it'd be just a little strange that a man with no girlfriend is buying prenatal pills?"
The doctor sighed, "Right, I forgot. Ok, we'll just have them mailed too you. All of this will be kept in confidence, unless you decide to go public with this. I shall leave you two alone to your thoughts"

            The doctor walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Once the door was closed Nick immediately started crying. Brian held him as he sobbed into his shoulder.

"How are we going to tell the guys? We can't just hide this from them," Brian said
"I don't want to tell! It's our life..." Nick cried
"But they're our family also and we've always been honest with them"
"I know, but I...I just don't want too. I mean their could be risk, I could lose the baby-"
"Don't say that"
"So it's better to wait until I start to show I suppose..."
Brian sighed, "Alright, but we're gonna get through this and stand strong...and pray very very hard"
"You and the praying"
"Prayer is good, it helps"
"Really? So all those times when we had sex and you were screaming 'Oh god' was that the prayer that got me pregnant"
"You are so unbelievable..."

"Right now I am and so is everything else in the world..."