- Text Size +

            Nick staggered throughout the house as Brian ran around dressed in an apron cleaning every spot of dirt he could find. Nick had slowly started showing, a firm roundness taking form to his normal flat stomach. His back had been killing him all week and now sending pain to his pelvic area. He looked tired and worn out as he made his way to the kitchen. He took out a bowl filled with pancake batter and sat down at the counter slowly eating the contents. Brian turned the corner entering the kitchen stopping in place at the sight of his husband. He rushed over to Nick and grabbed the bowl.

"Are you kidding? That's for breakfast!" Brian shouted
"I know" Nick mumbled, "Can I have my bowl back?"
"No! Are you trying to make yourself sick and not be healthy?"
"No, the doctor said I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was within reason"
"You call eating a bowl of pancake mix within reason?"
"Hey they do become pancakes...I mean we eat eggs before they become chickens"
"I can't believe you just said something that had a point..."
"Hey I’m feeling intellect"
"Or the baby is using her functioning brain power to overcome their very quite blonde father"
"Who said it's a girl? I want a boy!"
"I want a girl, so I can protect her. Boys pee on you all over the place, its disgusting"
"So...girl's grow up and have body issues! I mean how are suppose to explain about their menstrual cycle, having sex, pregnancy"
"Well you have one of them down pack"
Nick tossed the spoon in his direction, "Fuck you! I hate you...all you do is insult me. Stop reminding me how pregnant I am, it makes me feel...fat...I'm getting so fat!" Nick cried
"Awe baby, you look beautiful-"
"You're only saying that because you know I’m fat! Soon you're not gonna want me anymore and I’ll just be this crazy fat pregnant person with no ankles..."
"Your ankles disappear?"
"They swell! Have you not seen them lately? I sure can't, my pouch of fat is getting in the way...I’m ridiculously huge!"
"Stop saying that! You're not fat. It's just the baby growing healthy inside of you. No need to feel insecure"
"But it's my body, you already know how I feel about myself. Now I’m gonna be a whale... Soon I won't even have a penis!" Nick paused as the tears burst from his eyes, "I won't be able to see my dick...I hate my life! Oh god I want...no I need to die! You can't love me like this"
"You are being too dramatic Nick"
Nick was now on the floor grabbing Brian's legs, "I can't go on like this...go...run far away and find yourself a husband that can't get fat and pregnant who isn't a stupid blonde and whose feet don't smell"
"Hey I didn't say all of that-"
"Go my love! Let the wind carry you to someone new. Goodbye cruel world, Nickolas Gene Carter is going to hide so he can shrivel up and die into nothing but a ball of fat!"
"Ok you are seriously starting to scare me. Let go of my leg, get up off the floor and put some clothes on. The guys are gonna be here soon"
Nick sniffed, "Ok...do you still love me?"
"Of course I do, I wouldn't have married you...unless the sex was terrible" Nick's eyes began to water, "Oh no, don't you dare start crying again!"
"Wha...I'm not good in bed either! Oh someone kill me slowly now, now I say NOW!"
"Quit it before I have you admitted to an insane asylum"
"Ok...I'll go get dressed now. It's very hot in here...Brian?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you still-"
"Go get dressed!"
"Ok"

            Nick pouted as he dragged himself towards the stairs. Brian leaned against the counter 'What am I going to do with him?' he thought to himself.

---------------------------------

            Everyone sat silently in the living room staring around the house. AJ was busy picking at the food, while Howie played with his thumbs. Brian sat on the couch with Nick curled up next to him, his head in his lap. Kevin sat up and cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"So...what's new you guys?" Kevin asked smiling looking around
"Uh..." Nick and Brian said at the same time
"How's marriage treating you?" Howie asked
"Great" Brian said
"Fine" Nick said
"Wonderful"
"Couldn't be better"
"You guys are acting weird...weirder than usual" AJ announced
"Well...you know it's the whole marriage. We've become one and finding ourselves" Brian said
"So you guys are like spiritualist now?" Howie asked
"Oh yeah! We're very holy! A lot of miracles are happening to us...you know...god blesses us everyday with another new event"
"Speaking of new event's I feel sick. So if you guys don't mind I’m going to the bathroom to puke my guts out" Nick announced as he got up to leave the room
"Thanks for sharing?"
"What's with him?" Kevin asked
"He seems under the weather. Is it his health? I mean not to be mean or anything but he's looking puffy" Howie stated
"He's on some allergy medication so it has some weird side affects"
"But allergy season only happens during the spring, it's mid fall now"
"Well you know these things are spontaneous"
"I suppose...I think maybe you should encourage him to work out a little more. I mean even though we're on a small break, we don't want to get too out of shape; especially him. We all know how hard it is for him to lose the weight-" Kevin said
"He has a slow metabolism" Howie said
"No he's just slow"
"Why are you talking about me?" Nick asked standing in the doorway
"Nick...uh....we weren't talking about you-" Howie was cut off
"I'm not stupid I know what my name is! God! I can't take this anymore...you think I’m fat, I think I’m fat, Brian thinks I’m fat"
"Wait a minute I never said-"
"You all hate me!" he screamed and threw a pillow in their direction, "And I hate you too! You all smell!" he screamed and stomped upstairs
AJ leaned over sniffing Kevin, "He is right, you do smell..."
Kevin extended his arm, slapping AJ in the back of the head, "Shut up...Cous what's going on with him? Is he ok? He's acting very...."
"Crazy! He's acting like a nutcase" AJ said
"He's just been a little sensitive now in days. It's a side affect from his anti-biotic"
"But I thought you said he was on allergy medicine?" Howie pointed out
Brian looked around avoiding eye contact with everyone, "Uh...yeah that's right… I did say allergy medication...oh is that the roast! My it smells like it's done, let me go check on it-"
"Quit it you're a terrible liar," Kevin said
Brian sighed, "Alright you want the truth?"
"Yes" AJ said
"We just found out that he's Schizophrenic so he's on anti-depressants and all that stuff. He didn't want you to know because he thought you'd treat him differently. It's hard dealing with his moods and reactions but we make it" Brian lied
Howie's eyes widened, "Oh my god, poor Nicky! I didn't know he was mentally ill. I need to go upstairs and hug him!" Howie said standing up
Brian stood up and held him, "No D, he'll get so mad at me for telling you. He wanted to do it-"
"Sorry about your health Kaos," AJ said as Nick walked past the door
"What?" Nick asked
"Brian told us about your condition, we're very sorry. But we're here for you no matter what" Kevin said
"Even if you're crazy..." AJ added receiving a glare from Kevin
Nick fake smiled as he looked in Brian’s direction, "Baby can you come here, I need help with something"
"Sure" he said nervously

            Brian walked out of the room looking around from Nick. He was surprised when Nick grabbed him by he back of his shirt pinning him against the wall.

"You told them I was pregnant!" He whispered
"No not exactly..."
"Well what exactly did you tell?" he mocked
"That...um...well...you're schizophrenic"
"Are you kidding me!"
"Would you rather I tell them you're pregnant? You know i’m not a good liar, so I had to think of something!"
"You couldn't find ANYTHING else to say....no you picked the crazy card! Why do I always have to be the crazy one..."
"Is everything ok?" Howie asked
"Yeah we're fine" Nick said smiling
Howie approached him and hugged him, "It's ok Nicky, don't be mad that Brian told us. We're happy to know so we can all deal with this and make things better for you"
"Thank you" Nick whispered glaring at Brian over Howie's shoulder, 'You are so going to pay for this,' he mouthed