- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first Science-Fiction story. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I do not know any of the celebrities mentioned in this story. I am not associated with them in any way, shape or form. Their lives are their property. Their personalities in this story are my perception of their actual selves (with a mix of my imagination), making it completely fictional. This story is a work of my imagination, making it my intellectual property. No copyright infringement is intended.

Blaine fought for breath as she raced down the deserted streets, not daring to slow down and take a chance of being captured. She knew that if they ever caught her, it would be the end for her. Sure, they wouldn’t kill her right away, but she might as well be dead. Marcus was unforgiving, and he was willing to do whatever it would take to get her on his side. She only had one option: to keep running. She had already lost so much; she knew that she couldn’t lose her life too.

            ‘We will never stop chasing you, Blaine. You know that. Wherever you go, I promise that we won’t be far behind.’ Caleb was in her head, using his telepathy to try and intimidate her and make her lose concentration. ‘You belong with us. You belong with your own kind,’ he added, twisting the knife of fear even deeper within her psyche. ‘We’re always watching.’ And with that, they were gone. She had managed to escape them this time, managing to run far enough ahead of them to get out of their radar. Still, she knew that she couldn’t spend the rest of her life in fear, always watching her back, afraid to turn the corner in case they were watching. She had managed to outrun them this time, but would she be as lucky next time? Maybe. But there was always the chance that they would catch her. She knew that she had to be ready for them. She couldn’t run any longer. She had a right to live, and she was going to fight for that right.