- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not know any of the celebrities mentioned in this story. I am not associated with them in any way, shape or form. Their lives are their property. Their personalities in this story are my perception of their actual selves (with a mix of my imagination), making it completely fictional. This story is a work of my imagination, making it my intellectual property. No copyright infringement is intended.

Unless you’ve been living in isolation for the last year, you’ve undoubtedly heard the catchy number one hit, “No Remorse,” from the all-girl band, No Regrets. Their debut album has been blowing up the charts, remaining #1 on the Billboard Top 200 for 6 weeks straight. Their tour sold out in 5 hours, with only a few nosebleed seats still remaining. Their video has been holding strong on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown since its debut two months ago. In other words, these girls are a force to be reckoned with.

And there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight for these ladies. In a press conference with Sony/BMG yesterday afternoon, it was confirmed that No Regrets would be the headlining performance at this year’s Grammy Awards, and that they would, in fact, be sharing the stage with their own personal icons, the Backstreet Boys.

 “This last year has been a blessing for all of us. We never imagined we’d ever get this far or be this popular, but we’re glad that we can set an example for girls all over the world. We grew up in an era where an all-girl band was almost unheard of, or they died out quickly. Just being able to show the world that, yes, girls CAN rock, makes this whole adventure worthwhile and gives us all a high purpose than just sharing our music with the world,” Josie Hardt, 22, told us in an exclusive interview after the press conference. “We’re showing the world that female rockers can rock just as hard and play just as well as male rockers.”

“We’re not afraid to let loose and do all the things guys do,” Layla Von Dessa, 26, the oldest member of the group, added. “We’re not afraid of breaking a sweat… or a guitar, whichever is appropriate at the time.”

“People have these preconceived notions about female rockers, and here we are, trying to break down those stereotypes,” Hardt continues. “Just because we’re girls, doesn’t mean we don’t know how to rock and roll or that we have to dance around on stage in skimpy outfits to be successful.”

“Seriously, you see so many of today’s pop princesses get onstage and freak out at the first sign of hard work. Today’s music scene has been polluted by wanna-be singers and rappers who wouldn’t know how to put on a real performance if their life depended on it. Most musicians have become pampered and over-privileged in today’s society. It’s pathetic,” Nicole James, 23, throws in, holding nothing back.

“We’ve seen our fair share of ridicule, but that’s to be expected. We knew what we were getting into when we decided to become a band. We knew there would be critics out there, and people trying to tear us down. We just refused to let them get to us. We knew we were good and that we had something unique to offer, so we went for it. Critics, haters, they will always try to break you, but you just have to show them that you can’t be intimidated,” LauraLyn Logan, 21, the youngest of the group, had to say.

It’s easy to see that no one can bring these ladies down. “We don’t really listen to all the talk. We just kind of ignore what people have to say about us and just do what we love to do. **** the haters. They can say all they want about us, but it doesn’t mean **** to us. We know who we are, and we’re ******* proud of it, too,” Jessica Wilder, 23, the self-proclaimed trouble maker of the group, preached.