- Text Size +
I can’t believe it’s finished. Yikes!! “In Pieces” marks the first ever multi-chapter Backstreet Boys story I’ve ever finished. (What Becomes of The Broken Hearted was the first ever multi chapter story I finished, but it was Aaron Carter mostly. I’ll Always Be Right There was the first ever BSB story I finished… but it was God awful, and not split into chapters and yeah…bad.)

It’s hard to believe I managed to finish this. I’m pretty impressed lol, I usually start projects and never finish them. (Case in point – Not Like We Predicted. It’s been nearly eight years for that thing, and it’s nowhere close to ever being done.)

I have all of you to thank for this. You guys are wonderful, I love each and every one of you. You guys kept me motivated, even when Ashleigh and Nick made me want to rip my hair out. You guys rock my socks to the extreme. Seriously. I never would have expected this story to get the response that it did. Thank you. Every time I saw a new review it made me smile. I tried my best to reply to all of you as quickly and as thoroughly as I could. Should I give shout outs? Sure! Just cause you guys are super special awesome.

Blueleeryan – Your quick reviews always made me smile. I was always so surprised at how fast they showed up! Thank you!

Chaotic – I’m really glad you liked it! Thanks for reviewing!

DaniGiggles – You rock dude! When I saw you liked my story I was super giddy since I think you’re an amazing author. Thanks for always reviewing!!

Anita – Thanks for reading, I’m glad you liked it!

Jamia – Thanks so much for reading!

Kim – Thanks for always reading and reviewing!

Kris – Thanks for reading! I’m glad you liked my writing style!

Sarahmarie0727 – Thanks for your detailed reviews. They always made me happy!

Mellz Bellz – Another one of my favourite authors. Thanks for reading hun!

Jamanda – Your enthusiasm towards the characters always made me happy. It was very inspiring, thanks!

Mary – Thank you for always reading and reviewing! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Brandy_d – I’m glad you liked this! Thanks for reading!!

princessjillrose – Thanks for reviewing, I hope you enjoyed the rest!

Jennifer – I’m really glad you’re liking this. Thank you for you reviews!

I think that’s everyone…I went through my reviews page twice lol. If I missed anyone I’m sorry! You guys are all great!

I should also thank all the wonderful regulars who are on the AC message board. You guys also rock! Seeing how passionate all of you are really helped to inspire me to finish this. So thank you guys, you’re all good friends. *Hugs* You’re such a crazy bunch, I love it.

I’m going to ramble a bit more…

This really has been an adventure for me. I’ll tell you a little bit about it now… this idea really just came to me on the fly. I was walking to school listening to music, and it just popped into my head. I thought it might be something fun and interesting to try, so I went with it.

But it wasn’t without it’s problems. I decided pretty early on (I think after I posted the prologue) that I wanted to have alternating chapters between past and present. This meant I had to map out every single chapter of my story. That was an experience in itself. But it worked out really well and helped me to keep the story on track.

I’ll tell you a funny secret. They weren’t supposed to get together in the end. My original outline had 17 chapters. They were supposed to go to dinner, sleep together and Ashleigh was supposed to never call him. Cruel irony at it’s finest. It was supposed to be closure for her, and show Nick that he isn’t perfect and can’t get every girl he wants.

I started to change my mind around while I was writing the part where Ashleigh ends up in his hotel room. Ashleigh and Nick really started to take over the story, and I ended up having to change things. It didn’t feel right to have them not together. In the beginning, it sounded kind of lame to have them end up together, after all, they hardly knew each other! But, I feel that this ending worked better than her just sleeping with him one last time and it being over with. I couldn’t allow that, and obviously, Nick couldn’t allow that either. So it needed to be changed, and as such needed to be lengthened. This is why there are so many…filler past sequences. I hope what the past lacks I made up for in the present.

The trip to Florida was something I thought up a little after deciding to have them get together. So again, the outline had to be changed. Boy, they pissed me off, doing things that caused me to change my outline! In the end, I’m happy with how it turned out. I guess that’s all that matters :)

What else do I have to say? Oh yes, the cheesy song at the end. It was pretty cheesy to use “In Pieces” wasn’t it? It’s okay, I know it was :P I named the story In Pieces before I actually carefully listened to the song. When I did, I was surprised at how well it fit (in my mind anyway) It seemed to be a good choice for the end, since this story is a happy one, as well as a sad one. So I thought, happy scene, sad song… yeah. I thought it was a good idea. *shrug*

So yeah… that’s it! What should I do now? Maybe finish one of the other million stories I have in progress, or try to make something out of “Left and Leaving”?

Or write a sequel to this? I’ve been thinking about it for a while and I’ve got a couple of ideas. Perhaps I’ll write a sequel, I don’t know if I’m quite ready to let Ashleigh and Nick go. :)

Regardless, I’m really happy right now. Again, it’s because of you guys and your awesome support. Without you, I probably would have given up on this long ago. Thank you all!

xoxoxoxo Saka