- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I had written this way back, but since its about a pet, I thought it would work. Hope you like!

Abby dried herself off, that was a bath that she had been not just needing, but yearning. Especially when AJ gave her all his attention, and taking his time to lather her back and massaging her belly with soap.

Her thoughts were shattered by the crash of a stack of magazines flying off the table, she watched him running around in the living room, like a chicken with his head cut off. That man is so scrawny and goofy, not so sure how it is that I love him so much. It could be the cuddling at night, the warmth he gives me when he’s close. Or maybe that he is the best cook! Abby thinks to herself as she awkwardly decides to throw herself belly down on the carpet, just watching AJ act a fool.

“Damn it…I can’t find it!” he yells.

Abby just huffs not a sound escaping her mouth. How could he forget today is a special day for me, he promised all week that he would make me a special dinner, maybe a cake and invite my friends next door.

“Abby are you sure you haven’t seen it, just tell me if you did!” she looks up at him a with a puzzled look and before she can answer he throws his arms in the air “Of course you haven‘t” and he walks away.

She begins to doze off as she lays comfortably on the carpet, it’s the first time she tries it, usually the comfort of the sofa or the bed is best. But she is to lazy to move.

“Look what I found Abby your dress, can’t run around naked can we. Here let me help you slip this on.” she huffs once again, her spirits so down in the dumps that she lets him do all the work of putting on the dress.

With his assistance she rolls over on her back as he slips it over her head and through both of her arms. “You look great my chubby baby!”

She gives him a crooked look as she slowly gets back up chubby…dare you call me chubby, this is beauty and you love it! Abby follows him into the room, her steps slower than usual, but as she reaches him, he is rushing back the other way, just passing her by.

I hate when you ignore me and pretend that I’m not here. I take my time to follow you here and now your back on your way to the kitchen. She slowly turns around and begins in the direction she saw him go.

"This might not be as good as I thought it would” she smirks as she watches him leaning over the stove talking to himself, his apron full of chocolate icing and flower. “Oh I found it finally, you need this” he places something on her head as she struggles to look at it.

Ok I’m dizzy now, to many circles. I want to know what he put on my head. I must look beautiful and this man, tries getting me to dress as oddly as he does sometimes. This time she decides to take a seat on the kitchen floor as AJ looks at her a little startled at her decision. He knows she is usually very delicate of where she rests and spends her time.

“Oh come on cheer up, I made you a cake” she looks up at him her eyes glistening at the sound of the word cake “I know yum huh?” Oh yeah yum, must I share with anyone?

There is a sudden knock at the door and AJ pulls off the apron and throws it on the counter. Abby watches from the kitchen as she sees the neighbors enter, she is pleased to see Jackson and India waltz into the place. There here, he did ask them to come over, oh how I love that man. She gives him a playful nudge with her nose. God I hate how Jackson always stares at my backside, well it’s not likes it not out there.

AJ prepares the picnic table outside, by placing the cake in the center and serving the food. “Alright you guys come on over and take a seat.” he waits as they make their way, before he can blink twice Abby has jumped into her seat and is staring at her dinner wide eyed.

Oh he did it, my favorite…bone marrow soup. Of course...she glances at Jackson and India’s plate...the best for me…ha…ha…and my cake can I just take a lick…yum…chocolate.

AJ enjoys watching as everyone digs in, once again he has mastered the kitchen.

After everyone has licked their plates clean, he lights up the candle the shape a little crooked. Wow that candle sure looks weird…is it edible I wonder! she still sits patiently as he begins to sing, her eagerness growing by the minute.

As AJ slowly and carefully brings the cake towards her she decides to leap up and stuff her nose in it. She licks all the residue over her mouth. Now that was delicious…thank you so much my AJ…

But she suddenly feels ashamed and bows her head, waiting for AJ who worked so hard on the cake to yell and get upset, but when she gets the courage to look up at him, he has the widest grin. “I’m so glad that you liked it Abby!”

Abby smiles as she does a little happy dance “Who else am I going to cook for if it’s not for my cute little Abby who turns two today and of course in dog years is now a teenager.” AJ laughs as he gives her a big kiss.

This is why I love this man!

 

Chapter End Notes:
Ok so I'm not sure how i did portraying the dog, I didn't want to give it away right away! But...yeah let me know.