- Text Size +
The minutes crept by.It was only six'o clock but it felt like ten.Bushs tapped the windows.The house continued to moan and groan.After dinner,Kevin lit a fire in the fireplace to drive off the cold.Brian watched tv but I was bored.

"Where are you going Nick?"

"To bed.This place is dull."

"Come on,It's not that bad."

I rolled my eyes at Brian.At the same time,the clock whirred and began to chime.Startled by the sound I jumped.Hearing Kevin laugh at me just made me walk faster.At the foot of the steps I hesitated.The second floor was dark.

Hours later,something woke me up.A faint sound coming from the hallway.The attic door was opened and cold air swirled through the room.I got up to close the door.When I turned back to go to bed I saw him.A boy appeared.Except for his white nightshirt,it might have been me.He leaned against the door frame.When he stepped away from it he fell to the ground.

Iwanted to run.To fling myself in Kevin's arms and tell him to protect me.I wanted to jump into bed and pull the quilt over my head.To make the ghost of me go away but I was to scared to move.I couldn't take my eyes off the boy laying on the floor.I heard him mutter something.

He grabbed my leg."Call a doctor,I need help."