- Text Size +
"God! I don't think I can take this fucking ship much longer" I say outloud to myself. I haven't seen land in 23 days, muchless touch it. I am in the Navy and I have been deployed on a Navy vessel for almost a month now. Luckly, were are due for a port call tomorrow. It is going to be awesome to go to Spain. I joined the Navy exactly for that purpose. To travel and see the world. After a long 7 months in Iraq with the Marines, I am ready for some beautiful cities. No more sadness. I am just now getting over the severe depression I suffered from being in Iraq. I need something positive and uplifting in my life.

I get up out of my bunk and walk down into medical were I work at. I am Corpsman. I specialize in pharmacy. "What's up, Farrah?" I ask one of my co-workers. "Not much" she replies, "We are pretty slow today". I keep walking downt he hall and into the patient ward. It is one of my favorite places to go. We don't normally have any patients, so I can sit in there and watch TV by myself.

"Hey Dessie!" I turn when I here my named called.

"What Can I do you for?" I ask when I notice that it is my friend Rachelle.

"Not much, just wondering if you have any plans for Rhoda tommorrow?"

"No, not really. I was thinking of maybe doing some site seeing and some shopping. I hear they have an awesome shopping district." I reply.

"Really? Do you mind if I come along?"

"Not at all, I need someone to keep me company."

"Cool. Well I guess I will catch you later. I am gonna go take a shower and then head for bed" Elle replies.

"Yeah, me too. I wanna get to bed early that way, the morning seems to come much quicker!"

"Ok see you in the morning" Elle turns and walks out. I get up a few minutes later and go back to my bunk to get my things for a shower. "God, it would be so nice to be able to take a bath" I say to myself. "Maybe I will rent a room, just so I can take a bath" I continue thinking out loud.

I go shower and then go back to my bunk and crawl into bed. Seven hours and I will be in Rhoda, Spain. I smile to myself before nestling under my blanket and falling asleep.