- Text Size +

Today was the day Nick was flying out to Orlando to start working on the last minute touches for the new Backstreet Boys tour that was set to start in late July. We were in California because that’s where I had to be for the start of the new Rascal Flatts tour. They started in early July so it was just perfect for the both of us.

“So your gonna call as soon as you land?” I asked as I was saying goodbye to Nick at the airport.

“As soon as I can get my phone out of my bag and on I’ll call you,” Nick answered. “I so can’t wait for you to join us for a few days.”

“Me either,” I smiled weakly about to cry. “I don’t want you to leave. I’m gonna be so lonely.”

“Hey you got the guys and their wives and girlfriends,” he started. “Melissa and Jake promised they’d come out with the baby for a show. Everything’s gonna be fine. Time will fly by.”

“I hope so,” I replied as I lowered my head not wanting to show my tears.

“I promise you,” he looked at me and pulled head up to look into my eyes. “Don’t cry. I’m gonna miss you too, but we both gotta be strong. I love you and always remember that.”

“I will,” I assured him. “I love you too.”

“I’ll talk to you soon,” he said as we kissed. “See ya soon.”

“See ya soon,” I replied as he walked off for his plane for Orlando.

I walked away a few minutes later and took a taxi back to where I was staying for the start of the Rascal Flatts tour. We were both on tour at the same time and knew we would have less time then we did the last tour together. We did promise though to call each other at least once a day until we saw each other again.

As we arrived at the hotel I got out and went inside. Tonight was the first stop on tour and we’d be taking off tomorrow for the rest of the tour. Just as I walked inside the lobby I got a call from Gary who was asking for the third time what time he had to be at the venue.

******

“Perfect date because I happen to have a few days off there and so does Nick,” I told Nicole over the phone. “Tell Andy that you both can count on me and Nick being there. I’ll fill Nick in on everything. And you gotta send me pictures of Amy while I’m away so I can send them to Nick. He really likes her and Brad a lot. I think he’d be great with kids if he ever wants them.”

“I’ll send you pictures all the time,” she replied. “Oh and I’ll send you pictures of my dress too and I’ll send you your dress so you can get it fitted too.”

“Ok great,” I said. “Hey sorry to cut it short but Nick’s calling in on the other line. I’m waiting for him to tell me when he get to Florida.”

“Ok tell him hi,” she responded.

“I will,” I replied as we said our goodbyes. “Hey.”

“Hey you,” Nick said as I switched to call waiting. “I just got in the cab on the way to Johnny’s.”

“I’m glad your there safe,” I started. “I just got off the phone with Nicole and she was telling me all about Amy and how she finally picked a date for the wedding.”

“Great when?” he asked.

“September 20th,” I answered. “She wants us to be there and I’m gonna be one of the bridesmaids. Melissa is too.”

“That’s great I can wait to go,” he replied. “I can’t believed they’ve finally set the date its gonna be a lot of fun.”

“Yeah it is,” I said. “Hey great news my sister is engaged.”

“Jessica’s engaged?” he asked shocked.

“Yeah little Jessica is getting married before her big sis I know shocking,” I joked.

“Hey you never know what will happen,” he said without thinking.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he shot back quickly. “Hey I’m here at Johnny’s I gotta go but I’ll talk to you later ok babe.”

“Ok have fun,” I replied not pressing the issue on what he had said. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” he replied as we hung up.

******

 

“Hey,” Nick said as he walked over to the guys that had already arrived at Johnny’s.

“Hey Nick,” said AJ welcoming.

“So has everyone gotten here?” he asked.

“We’re stilling waiting on Brian,” AJ started as the door opened and in walked Brian. “Ok never mind here he is.”

“Hey,” yelled Brian with a big smile on his face.

“Hey dude,” smiled Nick as they hugged.

“Hey,” the rest of them replied.

“So who’s ready to get this tour started?” asked Brian.

******

 

A few weeks later it was only days away from the start of the Never Gone tour and Rascal Flatts where already on tour across the United States. In just a little over a month Rascal Flatts would be taking a break and I would join the Backstreet Boys for a few dates before heading back to the Rascal Flatts tour a couple weeks later. Nick couldn’t wait any longer for that time they could be together, either could I.

“Oh my gosh she is adorable,” I said as I talked to Nicole. “These pictures are just too cute. I’m gonna have to send Nick these so he can see her.”

“We’re gonna take her to a concert when the guys come to town,” Nicole told me.

“Are you gonna bring her out to see Rascal Flatts too?” I asked.

“Would I not?” she asked me.

“I take that as a yes,” I smiled. “I so can’t wait to see her. She’s probably gotten so big since I saw her last.”

“Yeah she was a lot smaller when you saw her last,” she replied. “She just keeps growing. I wish I could keep her like this forever.”

“Hey well I’ve got a sound check to get to,” I started. “I hate to cute this short. I would love to keep talking but work does call you know how that is.”

“That’s ok,” she replied. “Have fun. I’ll talk to you later. Love ya.”

“Love ya too,” I responded and hung up. I grabbed my backstage pass and throw it on and got out of the seat I had gotten comfortable in. I walked outside and towards the guys buses and told them they had 30 minutes till the sound check started.

******

 

“Lucy come on lets get back on the bus we gotta get to the next stop,” I yelled as Lucy ran towards me. “We gotta call Nick to see how his show went tonight. He started his tour today.” We got onto the bus and walked towards the bedroom and got comfortable for the night.

About an hour later I got out my cell phone while we were on our way to the next stop.

“Hello,” I heard on the other line as I called Nick.

“Hi is Nick there?” I asked hearing a strange voice.

“May I ask who’s calling?” they asked.

“Taylor,” I answered.

“One second let me get him,” they replied. “Nick phone.”

“Who is it?” I heard Nick yell in the background.

“Taylor,” they answered.

“Ok thanks,” he replied as the took the phone. “Hey babe.”

“Hey who was that who answered the phone?” I asked.

“Oh that was just Howie,” he started. “Howie and AJ decided to hang out on my bus tonight on our way to Tampa.”

“Oh that cool tell them I said hi,” I told him.

“Taylor says hi guys,” he turned his head away from the phone and told the guys.

“Hey,” Howie and AJ replied.

“They said hey back,” he told her.

“While your in Tampa you should stop by my parents or Jessica’s place and say hi they’d love seeing you and you could tell me about this fiancé of hers too,” I laughed.

“I’ll see what I can do if I have time,” he responded. “Your parents still living in the same place?”

“Yeah my mom loves that place and doesn’t wanna move anytime soon she said,” I told him. “So how was your first concert?”

“It was so much fun,” he answered. “We’ve got The Click Five and Kaci Brown on tour with us. Danity Kane came out tonight too just for one show. You gotta come see a show.”

“Hold on a second got a text,” I told him as I looked at my phone. Jessica my sister had texted me.

“Hey sis heard Nick and the guys are gonna be in Tampa tomorrow night tell him we’d love to see him and hi. How touring is going great for the both of you. Love you. Oh and tell Nick I’d love to see him if he gets a chance. Give him my number if he wants to meet up. Love ya.”

“Back,” I said. “Jessica was texting me. She wanted me to tell you to stop by if you got the chance and to give her a call if you were gonna stop by. She wanted me to give you her number just in case. You know my family just loves you. They loved spending the holiday with you, you know.”

“Yeah I loved spending it up there with you,” he replied. “So what’s her number just incase I wanna go see her?”

“its 813-238-5908” I told him. “I think I’m gonna go meet that fiancé of hers when I get there. I wanna meet my future brother-in-law.”

“If I stop by I’ll tell you how he is,” he replied. “I’ll give you my opinion and tell you if I like him or not and if he’s good enough for your sister.”

“Thanks,” I yawned. “Sorry I’m getting tired its been a very long day.”

“Yeah it has,” he replied. “I’m gonna let you go so you can get some sleep and I’m gonna hang out with the guys for a few then head to bed.”

“Ok I’ll talk to you later,” I yawned again. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I said as I hung up.

“I don’t think I’d ever see the day when I’d hear Nick say I love you to a girl,” said AJ as Nick put down his phone.

Nick then pushed AJ as he blushed. He thought to himself for a moment. He really was in love with Taylor and didn’t want to be with anyone else.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took so long to get posted I've been really busy lately but I finally got time to write and had a great idea to go with this story. I'm gonna try to update sooner but please stay with me you'll love it in the end. I hope. lol. Thanks to those of you that read my story.