- Text Size +

The music started up as my brides maids walked down the isle followed by a flower girl and ring barer. My sister was my maid of honor and walked right before me. I held my dad tight as the bridal party made it to the front of the church. Finally the music changed and I started my walk down the isle. I couldn’t believe my wedding day was finally here. The day I had dreamed of since I was a little girl playing house with Nick. I never imagined that the kid I joked around with and forced to play house with me would turn out to be the man of my dreams and the man I would marry later in life. I was so happy at that moment.

As I got to the alter my dad gave me and kiss and placed my hands into Nick’s. As we stood there we looked into each others eyes and then turned towards the preacher. It seemed like a blur, it happened so quickly and before we knew it we were at the end of the ceremony.

“I do,” Nick said as I looked deeply into his eyes.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife you may now kiss the bride,” the preacher announced as Nick lifted the vial and kissed me passionately.

“I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Nick…” I was interrupted by the sound of my alarm clock going off.

“Shut up!” I yelled not wanting to end my dream. It had been the 5th dream this month that I’d had a dream about what our wedding would be like. I hit the snooze button and turned away to try and get more sleep before it would go off again.

This time my cell phone started going off, “Man I don't know, where the time goes
But It sure goes fast, just like that
We were wanna be rebels who didn't have a clue
With our Rock n' roll T-shirts, and our typically bad attitudes
Had no excuses for the things that we'd done
We were brave, we were crazy, we were mostly
Young
.”

“Thanks a lot Gary,” I said as he woke me up.

“Sorry did I wake you?” Gary asked.

“Yeah but my you weren’t the first,” I started to answer him. “My alarm clock went off first then you called a few minutes later.”

“Oh sorry,” he apologized again. “I just was wondering what time the interview is today?”

“Its at noon and then sound checks at 2,” I answered.

“Thanks,” he replied. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I said as I hung up the phone and sighed. “I guess this means I have to get up and get to work.”

I got up out of bed and walked straight towards the shower. I turned on my CD player and turned it up. I turned on the shower and got it all nice and warm then hit the play button on the CD player.

The car won't start-it's falling apart
I was late for work and the boss got smart
My panty line shows-got a run in my hose
My hair went flat-man, I hate that
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse
I realized I forgot my purse
With all this stress-I must confess
This could be worse than PMS
“ I sang along as Shania Twain played.

Before the third song started I was already out of the shower and getting dressed. After I got dressed I put on my shoes and threw my hair up in a ponytail and threw on a jacket since it was now October and we were in Boston. It was cold outside as I left the comfort of my warm bus. I walked towards the venue as I thought of how the tour would be over soon. Nick was already overseas in Europe while I was with the guys still traveling across the U.S. I was now 5 months along and you could tell more then you could tell last month. I was starting to grow so much. I just woke up one day and there was this belly and it was so cute. I wish Nick could be here to see and feel everything. Nick told his fans everything and so far they seemed to be nice about it and sent out congratulations. Rascal Flatts fans even sent congratulations too. I was so happy and couldn’t wait to get home so I could start fixing up the baby’s room and see Nick before I wasn’t allowed to fly.

“Wow its cold out there,” I said as I walked in and closed the door behind me inside the venue. I walked off looking for the cafeteria so I could get some hot chocolate to help me warm up. As I walked towards the cafeteria I ran into Jay who was about to go find the others so we could sit down and talk. After we finished talking I finally made my way into the cafeteria and got my hot chocolate, yummy.

******

 

“Ok so today we’ve got a interview at noon so we need to leave here by 10:30 so we can get there early,” I told the guys as we sat in the dressing room. “After we leave there at 1 we need to get back here and go straight to getting ready for the sound check which is at 2. I know we don’t have much time but we’re gonna have to make it work.”

“When do we eat?” asked Gary.

I laughed as I answered, “We can grab something on the way back to the venue. I know I’ll be hungry too.”

“Good,” he replied.

“Ok so I’ll see you three at the van in twenty since its already 10 and then we can head out,” I said as I got up. “Now if you’ll excuse me I gotta pee.”

They laughed as I walked towards the bathroom and went inside and shut the door. This was the worst part of the whole pregnancy thing. Everything else was great. Oh wait except for the first couple weeks where I couldn’t stop throwing up.

******

 

“Thanks for coming today,” said the radio personal. “We can’t wait to see the show tonight. Good luck.”

“Thanks,” they replied as the interview ended. “Hope you enjoy the concert tonight.”

“Ok lets get a few pictures,” said the studio manager as we got up from our seats. We walked out of the room we were in and into another room where some fans were waiting to get pictures with the guys after they got pictures with the DJ’s.

“Excuse me,” said one girl from behind me as she tapped my shoulder.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Your Taylor Adams right?” she asked.

“Yes,” I answered. “May I help you?”

“Can I get a picture?” she asked.

“A picture?” I asked.

“Yeah I know I’m gonna sound crazy,” she started. “But I’m a fan of Nick’s and would love a picture with his soon-to-be wife.”

“Uh ok,” I replied still wondering why someone would want a picture of me. I took the camera into my hand and held it out in front of us and took the picture.

“Thanks,” she said.

“Your welcome,” I responded as I walked closer to the guys.

Before I knew it we were in the van going to get something to eat and then head for the venue.

“So where do you wanna stop?” Joe Don asked.

“I saw a sign for Chick-Fil-A a few blocks ago,” I answered.

“Sounds good to me,” Jay said as the driver headed for Chick-Fil-A.

Before I knew it we were there and got out of the van.

“I gotta pee I’ll be right back,” I told them as I went towards the bathroom.

“Hi welcome to Chick-Fil-A may I take your order?” the girl asked behind the counter.

“Yeah I’d like a number one large with no pickles,” said Jay.

“What to drink?” she asked.

“Sweet tea,” he answered.

“Is that all?” she asked another question.

“No,” he replied as Joe Don stepped up to order.

“I’ll have a twelve pack meal large with a dr. pepper,” Joe Don said.

“And I’ll have a number one all the way with a sweet tea and make it large please,” Gary told the girl just as I walked up. “You know what you want Taylor?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “I’ll have a twelve pack small fry and large sweet tea please.”

“Ok is that all?” she asked.

“Yes,” Gary replied.

“Ok your total is $20.65,” she said as I handed over my card.

“I’ve got it guys,” I told them.

“You sure?” they asked.

“Yes,” I answered. “I’ll make you pay for me next time. Each of you.”

She handed me my card back with the receipt and I put it in my back pocket.

“Excuse me,” she said as she started to hand over food.

“Yes,” Joe Don said.

“Are you guys Rascal Flatts?” she asked.

“We may be,” joked Jay.

“We’ll I’m a huge fan and was wondering if I could have your autograph,” she asked.

“Sure,” they replied as she pulled out a Chick-Fil-A bag for them to sign on.

“What’s your name?” Gary asked as he was the first to sign.

“Amy,” she answered as they signed.

“Well Amy are you coming to the show tonight?” Jay asked.

“Yeah,” she answered. “I was lucky enough to win them so I’ve got great seats.”

“Well that’s great,” Gary said.

“I would ask for a picture but my camera’s in my car,” she said.

“We can wait if you want to get it,” Joe Don told her as she smiled.

“Really?” she asked with a smile. “I’ll be right back.” She ran out to her car and grabbed her digital camera and then ran back inside.

“I’ll take the picture,” I told them as she turned on the camera and handed it to me. “Smile.” I said as I told the picture and handed her the camera back.

“Thank you so much,” she said as she walked back behind the counter.

“Your so welcome,” they replied. “See you tonight at the show.”

“Ok bye,” she responded as we left and headed back to the venue.

When we arrived at the venue we got out and threw our trash away and then got ready for the sound check that was to start in ten minutes.

******

 

Prayin’ for daylight, waiting for that morning sun
So I can act like my whole life ain’t going wrong
Baby come back to me, I swear I’ll make it right
Don’t make me spend another lonely night
Prayin’ for daylight
,” Rascal Flatts sang during the sound check.

I stood on the side of the stage watching it with Allison, Jay’s wife, and Tara, Gary’s wife.

“Is it hot in here?” I asked as I fanned myself.

“Not really,” Tara answered.

“Its probably the pregnancy making you hot,” Allison said.

I stood there some more listening to the guys when all of a sudden I got very dizzy. The next thing I knew I was blacked out on the ground.

“Hurry someone get some help,” Allison yelled as they dropped to see if I was ok.

The guys stopped what they were doing and rushed over to see what was going on.

“What happened?” asked Joe Don.

“She got all hot and then the next thing I know she’s on the ground,” answered Tara.

“An ambulance is on its way,” said one of the crew members after he just called 911.

“Thanks,” replied Tara as they waited for the ambulance.

******

 

“Hello,” Nick said as he answered his phone.

“Nick,” Joe Don started. “Its Joe Don.”

“Hey is everything ok?” he asked.

“Not really,” Joe Don answered. “Taylor kinda pasted out at sound check.”

“WHAT?!” He screamed as he started to panic. “How’s she doing?”

“The doctor’s are with her now,” Joe Don answered. “They haven’t said anything yet.”

“Does her parents know?” he asked.

“I haven’t called them,” Joe Don replied. “I don’t have their number.”

“I’ll call them and give them your number so you can tell them what’s going on,” he told Joe Don.

“Ok,” Joe Don responded as they said their good byes.

“Oh and I’m on way there where are you guys?” he asked.

“Boston,” Joe Don answered as they hung up.

******

 

After calling Taylor’s parents Nick called the guys and told them he had something important he needed to tell them and to meet in his room.

About five minutes later there was a knock at his hotel room door.

“Hey,” Nick said as they walked in.

“So what’s so important you needed all of us in here?” asked Kevin.

“I need to go to Boston right now I’ve got a flight to catch in two hours,” he told them.

“What, why?” they asked.

“Joe Don called me and told me Taylor’s in the hospital,” he sadly told them not wanting to cry.

“Why?” they asked again.

“She pasted out at their sound check,” he answered not being able to hold back the tears.

“Its ok,” said Brian as he brought him into a hug.

“I’m just scared something is wrong with her or the baby,” he cried.

“Everything’s fine,” said AJ. “Now go catch that flight.”

“We’ll be praying for her,” Howie spoke up as Nick grabbed his bags and wiped his eyes then headed off for the airport.

“I’ll call you guys later,” he said as he got on the elevator.

******

 

As I woke up I saw that I was in a hospital. I looked around and no one was in the room. I wondered where everyone was. A clock was right next to my bed and it read 7:45 p.m. I figured the guys were at the venue getting ready for the show.

“You finally woke up,” said Tara as she walked in.

“Yeah I guess so,” I replied. “Where is everyone?”

“Allison is getting some dinner for me and her and the guys went back to the venue for the show,” she answered. “They said they’d be back tomorrow since we don’t have a show until Friday and got three days off.”

“Oh,” I responded as I sat up. “Has the doctor said anything to you?”

“Not yet,” she answered. “They said they’d be back when you woke up.”

“Oh,” I said again.

******

 

5 the next morning Nick arrive at the Boston airport. He grabbed his bags and headed for the first cab he could find.

“The hospital please,” he told the driver.

“Which one?” the driver asked.

“I don’t know,” he answered. “The closest one to Agganis Arena.”

“Ok,” the driver said as he took off towards the hospital.

About twenty minutes later Nick was in front of the hospital with his bags in his hands.

He walked inside and walked right up to the receptionist.

“Hello sir can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“I’m looking for Taylor Adams,” he answered.

“Visiting hours aren’t until 8,” she told him.

“I just got into town,” he started to explain to her. “I’m her fiancé . She was on tour and blacked out. I was told this is where I could find her. I need to see her. I need to know if our baby’s ok.” He started to cry as he spoke. “Please let me see her.”

“Sir I’m sorry but I have to wait until 8 to let visitors in,” she told him. “If you please wait until then I’ll send you to her.”

“Ma’am please she’s all I’ve got,” he begged. “I’ll do anything for you if you let me just go see her and see how she’s doing. Please.”

“Sir I wish I could,” she said. “Please just go down and get something to eat or drink down in the cafeteria and wait an hour and a half then come back and I’ll take you to her. She’s resting right now.”

“Fine,” he sighed as he wiped his eyes and walked away.

He walked down to the cafeteria and got himself a coffee and something small to munch on while he waited. As he waited he pulled out his phone and decided to text the guys to tell them he made it there fine and he was at the hospital waiting to see me.

******

 

Minutes turned into hours and finally after an hour and a half the clock on his phone read 8:00 a.m. Nick got up and walked out of the cafeteria and back to the receptionist desk to get the room number.

“Hi sir,” another lady said. “Can I help you?”

“I’m her to see Taylor Adams,” he answered.

“She’s in room 824 over in maternity,” the lady told him.

“Which ways that?” he asked.

“Go out to the where the hall splits and take the right hallway all the way down until it splits again and keep right,” she started to explain how to get there. “The first hallway to the left turn down it the go to the elevators there and take them to the 8th floor and the nurses there will help you find her from there.”

“Thanks,” he replied as he took off towards Taylor’s room.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it. I'd love some comments. Thanks.