- Text Size +

I laid there in bed asleep with Tara asleep on the chair next to me. I had talked the nurses last night into letting at least one person stay with me and it ended up being her while Allison went back with the guys to the venue.

I started to stir when I heard the sound of the door open and close. My eyes started to flutter open as I saw Nick standing there.

“Nick,” I said.

“Hey,” Nick replied as he placed his hand on mine. “How are you? How’s the baby?”

“I don’t know the doctor didn’t tell me anything,” I informed him. “They told me last night just to rest and they’d inform me in the morning. When did you get here?”

“I got to the airport at about 5 but before I left it was already like 6 or something like that and then the receptionist wouldn’t let me up here to see you so early so I had to sit in the cafeteria for about an hour and a half,” he answered. “I’m here now though.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“For coming,” I answered. “I know that you had a show last night and your tour doesn’t end for a couple more months but thanks for coming. I couldn’t do this without you.”

“I would never leave you alone in a situation like this,” he told me as he kissed me. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied as I heard Tara start to wake up. “Morning Tara.”

“Hey guys,” Tara sleepily said. “Nick you made it.”

“Yeah,” he responded. “How was your night on that chair?”

“Not the worst,” she joked.

“That’s good,” he replied.

Just as they were talking a nurse walked into the room.

“Excuse me but I need to ask you both if you’ll step out of the room for a moment while I check out Ms. Adams here and then you can come back in,” the nurse said.

“Sure,” replied Tara as she walked towards the door. “Come on Nick you can come get some coffee with me.”

“We’ll be right back baby,” he replied as he lowered his head and kissed mine and then walked out.

******

 

“Hi Ms. Adams I’m Dr. Montgomery,” the doctor said as she walked in the room. “I’d like to talk to you alone.”

“Whatever your going to say you can say in front of them,” I told her.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes,” I answered as I took Nick’s hand into mine.

“Ok,” she started. “When you fell yesterday you hit the baby.” She paused. “The baby didn’t make it. I’m sorry it was to much stress and then the fall that did it. I’m so sorry. I’m gonna leave you alone. I’ll be back in a few to check on you and talk to you about how you wanna deal with the baby.”

All I could do was lay there shocked. How could this happen. Not to me, not to Nick, not to our unborn baby. I started to cry as I kept repeating “no” out loud.

“Baby its ok,” Nick said trying to comfort me.

“No its not Nick,” I cried. “Our baby didn’t even get a chance for a life.”

“I know,” he whispered as he hugged me tight.

“I’m gonna give you guys some time together,” Tara started to say. “I’m gonna go see if the others made it back here or not.”

“Tara,” I said as she turned around. “Will you tell them for me. I can’t. At least right now.”

“Sure,” she replied and walked out the door as she left Nick and me in the room alone together.

“We’ll get through this together baby,” Nick said as he kissed the top of my head and laid next to me in the bed.

******

 

“Hey,” said Tara as she saw the guys in the waiting room with Allison.

“Hey,” they all replied.

“How is she?” asked Joe Don right away.

“She lost the baby,” Tara answered sadly. “Nick’s here now with her.”

“Good,” he responded. “Have her parents gotten here yet? I know they told me they were gonna try and be here as soon as they could.”

“They haven’t been here as far as I know,” she told them. “Anyone wanna grab something to eat while we let Taylor calm down?”

“Sure,” answered Jay as they started for the cafeteria.

******

 

“Oh my gosh baby how are you?” asked my mom as she ran into the hospital room I was still in later that day.

“I’m good as can be,” I replied. “ The doctor said I can leave in a few days.”

“That’s good,” she said.

"I lost the baby," I couldn't help but cry.
"Oh my gosh," my mom said as she through her hand to her mouth. "I'm so sorry baby."
"I know," I replied as I sat up.
"Baby I gotta go call the guys and tell them what I'm gonna be doing," Nick said as I nodded and he walked out the door.

As soon as Nick got outside of the hospital he turned on his cell phone and scrolled threw his contacts to the first person he could find and pressed call.

“Hello,” said A.J. as he picked up his phone.

“Hey,” Nick replied.

“Hey dude what’s up how’s everything?” A.J. asked.

“No so good,” Nick started. “I’m gonna be here a little longer then I thought.”

“Why is everything ok with Taylor?” A.J. asked another question.

“She lost the baby,” Nick answered. “I can’t leave her now. At least until she leaves the hospital in a few days. Then maybe she can stay with her parents and I can come back.”

“Well we’ll just have to postpone a few shows until you return and then we can go back to those places later on in the tour,” A.J. said.

“Thanks,” Nick responded. “Oh and can you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” A.J. answered.

“Can you tell the guys for me?” Nick asked.

“Yeah sure,” A.J. told him. “I’ll tell them when we meet up in the morning for breakfast.”

“Thanks,” Nick said. “I gotta get back in there before Taylor loses it.”

“Ok,” A.J. replied. “Give her our love and tell her we’re praying for her.”

“Thanks,” Nick responded. “I will. Bye.”

“Bye,” A.J. said as we hung up and I turned off my phone and walked back inside.

******

 

A few days later I was finally being released from the hospital. I so couldn’t wait to get out of there. My parents and Nick were both staying at a close by hotel till I was out and then were gonna part ways after I got out. The guys, Allison and Tara all left the second day I was in the hospital to continue the tour. My assistant took over the tour until I got out of the hospital and came up with a plan on what I was going to do.

“Ms. Adams,” the nurse said as she walked into the room just as I finished getting dressed.

“Yes,” I turned around.

“Here’s all your stuff and all you have to do is sign here and your released,” she told me.

“Thanks,” I said as I signed the paper.

“Do you need a cab or is someone waiting for you?” she asked.

“My parents and boyfriend are waiting thanks,” I answered.

“Ok,” she replied. “Take care.”

“Thanks,” I said as I grabbed my things and walked out of the room with the nurse. “Bye.”

“Bye,” she responded as we parted ways and I walked towards the front of the hospital.

“Here let me have those things,” said Nick as he caught up to me in the hall. “Have you made up your mind yet about what your doing?”

“I don’t know,” I answered. “I’ve been thinking really hard lately. I think I’m gonna quit being a manager for Rascal Flatts.”

“But you love that job,” he replied.

“I know,” I said. “But its just way to stressful and with all that just happened I don’t know if I could go back to it right now. I would probably wanna go back to this maybe later but right now I can’t do it. I mean look what happened. I just lost our baby cause I put to much stress on it with the tour and everything. I can’t do that again.”

“Well I support you 100 percent so whatever you decide to do I’ll be right behind you all the way,” he told me. “You know that if we had this baby you would have had to quit or take a break anyway.”

“Yeah,” I replied. “I’m gonna call Lyric Records later and tell them and then call the guys. Maybe meet up with the tour and get my bus back to Nashville so I can get my things. I’m gonna miss the guys. Their like my brothers I never had.”

“Its gonna be fine,” he said. “You’ll keep in contact with them and whenever we get a chance we’ll invite them over to our house and to our wedding and to maybe a future baby shower and more stuff like that.”

“Maybe,” I agreed. “Thanks for making me feel better.”

“Your welcome,” he responded as he kissed my forehead as we continued towards the car my parents had rented.

******

 

I decided I would go home back to Nashville after I got out of the hospital two days prior. Once I got home I called Lyric Records and told them along with Jay, Gary, and Joe Don. I felt so bad cause I really didn’t want to resign but I just was under to much stress from the job and losing the baby and a bunch of other things on top of that, that I just had to.

Nick was still on break from the tour for one more day and had to leave early the next morning for some country over in Europe. I didn’t know what I was going to do all alone. I didn’t know if I could be alone. I know I had Nicole and Melissa around but they were both busy with their family and Melissa had just called me up to tell me her and Jake are expecting another baby this summer. I was happy for them but sad in a way cause I knew my baby would be a couple of months older then hers if it had lived. I had to get away even if I had just come back from being away. So I decided I would go with Nick for a few while I got better.

“Baby,” I yelled across the house as I walked towards the living room.

“Yeah,” Nick yelled back.

“How about you and me go out for a nice night on the town tonight and go to the Grand Ole Opry for a show,” I said walking into the living room.

“Sounds great,” he replied. “I gotta be packed cause I don’t think I wanna be packing at 6 in the morning tomorrow.”

“Yeah maybe we should pack now,” I responded.

“We?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I started to answer. “I hope you don’t mind but I need to get away and don’t want to be alone and I can’t make you miss anymore tour dates.”

“Yeah that’s fine I’ll just call and tell management later about you coming and we’ll be fine,” he told me. “I’ll love having you with me. I wanted you to come overseas with me so badly before you quit and I knew you couldn’t cause of our schedules.”

“Well now we can,” I smiled. “Lets go get ready.”

******

 

“I can’t believe you got us backstage passes to the Grand Ole Opry,” I said as we walked towards the back door of the stage.

“Well I just pulled some strings for you baby,” he told me as we walked through the door.

“Passes please?” asked the security guard as he stopped us. We showed our passes and he let us through. “Enjoy.”

“Thanks,” I smiled as we walked passed him and towards any artist we could find. “Oh my gosh look Nick its Little Jimmy Dickens.”

“Well go say hi if you want to,” he told me as we walked closer to him.

“Excuse me Mr. Dickens,” I said as we stood right in front of him.

“Oh please call me Jimmy,” Little Jimmy Dickens said.

“Ok,” I replied. “I’m Taylor and this is Nick and I’m a big fan and wanted to know if I could maybe get a picture and autograph.”

“Sure,” Jimmy responded as I handed Nick my camera.

“Smile,” Nick said as he took the picture.

“Thanks,” I said as he signed my program.

“Your welcome Taylor,” Jimmy replied as he turned towards Nick. “Do I know you?”

“No sir,” Nick answered. “You might have seen me on TV or something before though.”

“Maybe what’s your last name?” Jimmy asked.

“Carter,” Nick replied. “I’m a member of the Backstreet Boys.”

“Oh ok that’s where I’ve heard your name before,” Jimmy said. “I remember that duet you did with Shania Twain. That was a great song.”

“Thanks,” Nick smiled.

“Your welcome,” Jimmy replied. “Well I gotta get going. Hope you enjoyed the show.”

“We did thanks,” I smiled as we said our goodbyes and parted ways. “Ok now lets find LeAnn Rimes cause I know she’s here tonight. When I talked to Joe Don earlier he told me she was gonna be performing tonight and wanted me to tell her hi.”

“Ok,” Nick said as we walked towards a dressing room.

We came upon a dressing room after the 3rd one we passed and it had LeAnn Rimes written on the door. I walked up and knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

“One second,” I heard from behind the door. And within a few seconds the door was opened and there was LeAnn Rimes. “Hi may I help you?”

“Hi I’m sorry to bother you but I’m just such a huge fan of yours and was told by my friend to stop by,” I started. “Joe Don from Rascal Flatts said hi. He wanted me to relay that message to you. Oh and he also said call him sometime.”

“Oh ok,” LeAnn said. “How do you know Joe Don? Sorry if its too personal.”

“Oh no problem,” I replied. “I’m their former manager.”

“Oh cool,” she responded. “Well I’ll have to call him. What’s your name?”

“Oh sorry,” I said. “I’m Taylor Adams and this is my fiancé Nick Carter.”

“The Nick Carter?” she asked looking towards Nick.

“The one and only,” he laughed. “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too,” she started. “I love your music. You guys were played a lot over the years in my tour bus. But I think my husband would kinda hate if it was played now.”

We laughed as Nick spoke, “Well some people hate it and some people love it.”

“So true,” she said. Just then the photographer for the Grand Ole Opry walked up to us.

“Excuse,” the photographer interrupted. “Is it ok if I take some pictures?”

“No I don’t care what about ya’ll?” she asked.

“I don’t care,” I answered.

“Ok,” the photographer said. “Just go back to talking and then I’ll get a picture of you all together.”

“We can take that one now,” she said as we gathered for a group picture.

“Ok thanks,” said the photographer as he took the picture.

“What were we talking about?” she asked.

“I think we were talking about Nick and the Backstreet Boys,” I laughed.

“Right,” she nodded with a smile. “So are you guys doing anything new?”

“We were on tour but we had to postpone some dates due to some personal things we had to deal with,” Nick answered. “We’re actually meeting up tomorrow to start the tour back up the following day in Europe somewhere.”

“Oh that’s great,” she replied. “I love Europe this time of year its so pretty.”

“Yeah,” he agreed. “I can’t wait to take Taylor there so she can see it for the first time.”

“Oh you’ve never been?” she said as she turned towards me.

“No,” I started to answer. “I’ve been just so busy up until a couple weeks ago with the Rascal Flatts tour and never got a chance to go over there with Nick. I can’t wait.”

“You’ll have fun,” she told me.

“I hope so,” I replied as I yawned. “Sorry. Its getting late. Can I ask a favor before we go?”

“Sure,” she said.

“Can I get a picture and autograph?” I smiled as I asked.

“Under one condition I get one with Nick cause I’ve always wanted to meet a Backstreet Boy,” she laughed.

“Deal,” I said without even looking at Nick.

“Hey wasn’t I suppose to say yes or no on that one?” he laughed.

“I said it for you babe,” I smiled as I handed him the camera and took a picture with LeAnn and then used her camera to take a picture with Nick. I then got my autograph and said our good byes.

“I’ll tell Joe Don you said hi when I talk to him next,” I told her as we were leaving.

“Ok bye,” she replied.

“Bye,” we both said as we walked off.

******

 

I was surfing the internet as we sat in our hotel room two days later waiting for a call from the other guys to meet up. As I was surfing I came across people.com and one of the headlines, “Backstreet Boys postpone tour to start up again tomorrow”. I clicked on it to read what it had to say.

“The Backstreet Boys postponed a dozen tours so far this tour for personal family reasons due to Nick Carter. He was seen recently catching a flight back to the United States from the guys Europe tour to go to Boston to meet up with his fiancé Taylor Adams who happens to be on tour with Rascal Flatts, whom she is the manager for. While in the U.S. we have learned that Nick spent a few days at the hospital with Taylor whom was admitted a day prior to Nick arriving. According to sources who were at the Rascal Flatts sound check while they were in Boston said that Taylor fainted and was rushed to the hospital to be check out, both her and her baby which she is having with Nick. No word on the status of the hospital visit but she is out now and recovering. Nick is back to the tour as we’re told too and you can prepare for a great show tomorrow night.”

“Man how did they find all that out?” I asked myself as I finished reading it. “At least all of it isn’t out there.”

“Babe,” I heard Nick yell from the bathroom.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“You ready to go?” he started to ask. “I just got a call from Brian and he said him and the guys are ready to go.”

“Yeah,” I answered as I started to turn off my laptop. “I just have to throw on my shoes.”

“Ok,” he replied.

Before I knew it we were in the hallway meeting up with the guys.

“Hey,” said Brian as we hugged. “How are you doing?”

“Good,” I replied. “I’m doing good. I’m over the initial shock and everything. I know that God has everything planned and what happens, happens.”

“True,” he nodded. “I’m glad your doing good.”

We kept on talking about other things as we all walked down towards the elevator then to the lobby.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took so long to get updated but my sister borrowed my mouse so I couldn't get on the computer for a few days until I got it back. I hope you liked it. Tell me what you think. I'd love to see what you think might happen maybe in the future. Thanks in advance.