- Text Size +

“You know we leave for Australia in a couple of days,” said Nick a few months later.

“Yeah,” I replied as we laid on the couch watching Grey’s Anatomy reruns when all of a sudden an idea came to mind. “You know what I was thinking we do?”

“What?” he asked.

“When we go to Australia lets get married,” I said boldly.

“What?” he asked unsure at what I had just said.

“Yeah let’s get married,” I repeated myself. “I can’t wait any longer. I know we leave in a couple of days but you’ve got a couple days off while we’re there so why don’t we just fly in our close family and get married. I can’t wait any longer.”

“But I don’t have a tux or a best man or anything,” he told me.

“We can get the tuxes and dresses when we get there and see if we can find a restaurant we can go to with the wedding party and then a simple cake,” I said.

“Let’s do it,” he smiled as he leaned in and kissed me. “I’ve never been this spontaneous in my life but let’s shock everyone.”

“Oh my gosh I love you,” I kissed him back. “I so can’t wait. I’m gonna start calling restaurants and trying to get one to close for us for a few hours for our reception.”

“Ok,” he replied. “Let’s finish watching Grey’s then you can do whatever you want.”

“Ok,” I said and curled up closer to him.

******

 

“Ok Nick who do you want to have come to Australia with us?” I said as I made the guest list.

“My siblings, maybe my dad,” he answered. “The guys of course.”

“Ok,” I replied. “I wanna invite Nicole and Melissa and their families. I also wanna invite my parents and my sister and her husband and Rascal Flatts and their families.”

“How many people is that?” he asked.

“I think around 28 to 30 people,” I answered. “We can just charter a private plan over there.”

“We’ll see what is the best way,” he told me as he put his arms around me while I sat at the computer.

“I was going to tell my parents and everyone else to pack their bags cause their going away for the weekend and to call in sick for a couple days,” I said. “I know its so quick but I want to get married now.”

“I know you do,” he replied. “Why don’t you make up an e-mail about taking a special trip to Australia and then we surprise them there.”

“That sounds wonderful,” I said as I kissed him. “I’ll get on it now.” I turned back around towards the computer and started to type up something on the computer.

“Hey,” I started to write. “Taylor and Nick here. As most of you know already we’re heading out for Australia in a couple days with the Backstreet Boys tour. We just wanted to invite you all to come along with us for a couple days since we have a couple days off before the start of the tour and all over there. We wanted to fly you all out there and spend a few relaxing days there. We want you to take a long weekend hopefully to come join us leaving Thursday from where ever you are in the States and then leaving Australia on Monday. Please I’d love for you to come. You’ll never regret coming I promise you. Please write back so I know how many tickets to buy and how many rooms to reserve and where your at.

Thanks a ton,

Taylor and Nick”

“How does this sound?” I asked Nick as he sat on the couch watching a movie. I reread him the letter to all our friends.

“It sounds great,” he answered. “We can send my family and friends that letter from my e-mail and your side from your e-mail.”

“Ok,” I said as I opened my e-mail and found my friends and family e-mail addresses. Once I was done with mine and got Nick’s e-mail info and sent the message to all his friends and family. I didn’t send it to the Backstreet Boys cause they were already gonna be on tour with us so it didn’t really matter.

******

 

“Hey sis would love to come,” replied my sister as I read my e-mail. “Tommy and I both got those days off from work so you can count on us being there. Can’t wait. We’re gonna be coming from Tampa with Mom and Dad if they go hopefully. Love ya.”

“Two down,” I said marking them off my mental check list for the wedding party. “Let’s see who’s next.” I hit the button to go to the next e-mail I received.

“Hey baby your father and I would love to come we’ll be coming from Tampa of course. Love you hope to hear from you soon. Call anytime.

Love,

Mom”

“Ok so my family will be there let’s see if I got anything back from anyone else. Of course as I check my e-mail the girls replied and of course wanted to come but had to bring the kids along which I replied and told them to bring them since Baylee was gonna be there already it would be fun. Rascal Flatts also replied. Thankfully they were on break from their U.S. tour and had said they would come. I was kinda scared that they would be the ones not able to make it but I was glad they were.

Nick on the other hand got e-mails back from everyone and they were spread all over the U.S. and had boyfriends/girlfriends they wanted to bring with them. I replied of course being nice and told them they could.

“Ok Nick their all coming,” I smiled as I laid down on the couch with him and watched the rest of “The Goonies” with him. “We’ll buy tickets in a few then go to the airport and overnight them to everyone.”

“Sounds good,” he said not taking his eyes off the movie.

******

 

“Ok so I need four tickets out of Tampa,” I started to list the different airports our family and friends were coming from. “We need three for Miami area airport, two for Toronto, twelve for Nashville, and four for LA.”

“Ok let’s get these tickets,” Nick said as he put his credit card down on the table so I could buy tickets for everyone.

“Thanks baby for doing this for me,” I said as I turned to him.

“Your welcome baby,” he smiled and kissed me. “I know this is what you want and how you want to get married so let’s do it.”

“Thanks,” I replied and kissed him again. As soon as I bought the tickets I printed out the information for all the tickets that had to be printed and got ready to take them to the airport to mail. “Let’s get these out tonight.”

“Ok,” he said as we got ready and left.

******

 

“Next,” yelled the lady from behind the counter at the post office.

“Hi I’d like to send these out,” I said as I placed down 12 envelopes. “I’d like to overnight these please.”

“Ok where are they going?” the lady asked.

“These two to Tampa,” I started to tell her. “This one to Miami, this one to Toronto, these three to Los Angelus, and the other five to Nashville.”

“Ok,” the lady replied as she rang me up and I paid. “Is that it?”

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Ok thanks have a great day,” the lady said as we took our receipt and left.

As we got in the car another idea hit me.

“Baby what do you think about it just being us and like my father and a pastor in our wedding so all we really have to do is get your tux and my dress?” I asked.

“I don’t know I always thought if I got married I’d have the guys and my brother in my wedding,” he answered.

“We can have another wedding later,” I told him. “We can have one for all our friends.”

“Sure if that’s what you want,” he replied.

“Are you sure cause you keep agreeing?” I asked.

“Yes baby,” he answered.

“Thanks,” I replied as I kissed him and we took off home. “Baby I’m gonna go out for a few shopping when we get home so you can do whatever you want for a few hours.”

“You know what?” he started. “Since your going shopping I’m gonna go looking at tuxes since I’ll just need one and I can take it with me on the plane.”

“Sounds good,” I said. “I know how you hate going in all those girly shops so I was just gonna go by myself.”

“I don’t mind going in those places with you,” he told me. “Especially if its Victoria Secret’s.”

“Well I’m just gonna go on my own cause I’ve gotta pick up some things for the tour,” I told him as we got close to home.

“Oh really,” he smiled. “For me?”

“Maybe,” I laughed.

******

 

“Hi may I help you?” asked the lady at the bridal shop as I walked in.

“Hi,” I started. “I’m looking for a dress. I’m getting married in a couple days in Australia and need a dress I can take over there with me. I leave tomorrow.”

“Ok let’s see what we can do,” she replied. “What type of dress are you looking for and what size?”

“Nothing to big,” I answered. “Something simple but elegant. I‘m a size 3.”

“Ok how about this one?” she held up a dress.

“That’s pretty,” I said as I looked at it. “Let’s pick a couple and then take them to try on.”

“Ok,” she replied as we looked for another one. “How about this?”

“Great,” I said as we looked at about five different dresses before I tried them on and fell in love with one of them.

“I’ll take this one,” I said as I got back into my regular clothes. “My fiancé, Nick, will love this dress when I get to Australia for the wedding.”

“You looked beautiful in it,” she told me as I paid for the dress.

“Thanks,” I replied. “I’ve got to get it home without Nick seeing it.”

“Good luck with that,” she said as I left with the dress in my hands.

I walked down the sidewalk to my truck and put my dress in the passenger seat and then got in the driver seat and drove towards DSW to buy the perfect shoes.

As soon as I got there I walked in and went straight towards my size shoe and looked for something simple but nice and would match my dress.

I tried on what seemed like a million shoes until I found the perfect shoe. It went just perfectly with my dress. I bought the shoes and then decided to head over to the mall for one last stop before I headed home.

My one and only stop was at Victoria Secret’s and I picked up some things for our honeymoon/tour we were gonna be on. Nick was gonna love our wedding night so much. Its gonna be the best night of both of our lives.

Finally at almost 7 that night I got home and as I did I could smell Nick cooking in the kitchen.

“Oh my gosh it smells amazing in here what are you cooking?” I asked as I came up behind him and kissed him on the back of the neck.

“Its just spaghetti,” he replied and turned around and kissed me on the lips. “You were out so long what’d you buy?”

“Can’t tell you,” I smiled. “You’ll just have to wait a couple of days and see. Did you buy a tux?”

“Yeah and I got shoes while I was there too,” he answered as he turned back towards the spaghetti.

“Cool,” I replied. “I’ll be right back I’ve got to get a few things from my truck I’ll be right back.” I walked out of the kitchen and went into my truck and got the things I had bought and took them into my walk-in closet and put them in the back. Nick and I each had our own closets due to the fact that I had way to many clothes and he had way to many shoes. “Ok I’m back.”

“Great dinners ready,” he said as he placed a plate of spaghetti in front of my seat at the dinning table.

“Looks yummy,” I said as I sat down and started eating it.

******

 

“Ok so we get there a day before the other guest and then when they get there the wedding is the next day,” I said as I got my bags together for the tour. We were only gonna be gone a little over a month and a half. “I’m almost ready are you?”

“Yeah I’m ready I’ve got my stuff ready to go,” he answered. “I’m gonna go call a cab so we can get to the airport early so we don’t have to rush.”

“Ok,” I replied as I walked into the bathroom to get some stuff. “Hairbrush, blow dryer, toothbrush, tooth paste.” I kept saying things as I grabbed them and checking them off my list of things I needed for the tour.

Once I got everything I walked back into the bedroom and double checked I had all the clothes I needed. I had packed a special bag for all the wedding stuff except my dress which was still in the white bag they put it when I bought it.

“The cab will be here in twenty minutes,” Nick said as he walked into the room. “I’m gonna take my stuff down there so it will be faster to get out of here.”

“Ok I’ll be down in a few with mine,” I told him. I was going to bring my dress down when the cab driver arrived.

Before we knew it the cab arrived and we were on our way to the airport. Once there we checked in our bags and headed to get something to eat before hitting the flight.

******

 

18 hours later we landed in Sydney, Australia. After we got our luggage and got through all the fans we made it to the awaiting limo that was taking us to our hotel. The whole ride to the hotel we didn’t say a word I just laid my head against his chest and relaxed.

“We’re here,” said the driver as he got out and walked over to the door and opened it. As we got out there were fans everywhere.

“Nick you go over to the fans I’ll get our stuff,” I told him.

“No I’ll get it,” he replied.

“No,” I insisted. “You go sign autographs and take pictures I can handle it trust me. I can grab a cart and load it then you can push it in.”

“Ok if your sure,” he said.

“I am,” I replied as I gave him a kiss and turned towards the lobby to grab a cart. I grabbed the first one I could find and walked back outside and loaded our stuff onto it. I hung my dress that was in the bag off the top of the cart so it wouldn’t get ruined. “Nick you ready?”

“Yeah,” he turned around and yelled as he signed one last autograph. “Sorry guys but I gotta get checked in.”

“Aww,” come over the crowd of girls standing there.

“Sorry but I gotta follow my girl,” he smiled as he took the cart and we went inside.

“Hi may I help you?” the man at the front desk asked.

“Hi we’re here to check in,” I said as we checked in under one of Nick’s many alias’s.

“Ok your room is on the 20th floor,” he started to tell us. “Your suite number 2010.”

“Ok thanks,” Nick said as he took the keys and we headed up to the suite.

 

 

 

Dresses Taylor tried on. THe one she picked isn't here you'll see it at the wedding.

1. http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3354&prodgroup=127

2. http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3342&prodgroup=127

3. http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=64&showAll=1&style=S754

4. http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=64&showAll=1&style=A3090

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it. Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought. Thanks.