- Text Size +

“YAY!” I squealed as I saw my friends and family walk into the lobby of the hotel we were staying in. “You all made it.”

“Hey!” yelled my mom as we hugged.

“How was your flight?” I asked as I finished hugging everyone.

“Great,” my mom answered. “Where’s Nick?”

“He’s with the guys doing something,” I responded. “He said he would be here around 4 or so.”

“Good cause I can’t wait to see him again,” she said as we started walking towards the elevator.

“Let me show ya’ll to your room,” I said as I pressed the button for the 19th floor.

“This is gonna be a great weekend,” Jessica said as the elevator opened and we stepped out onto the 19th floor.

“Ok so your rooms are right next to each other and then the guys and mine’s is on the 20th floor if you need us,” I told everyone as we walked towards their rooms. “Ok 1902 is Mom and Dad your room. 1903 right across the hall is Jessica and Tommy’s.” I started to hand them their keys as we came upon their rooms. “Melissa, Jake, and Brad your room is 1904. Nicole, Andy, and Amy yours is there 1905. Ok so before all of you go to your rooms and I go down to find some of my other friends who are coming I just wanted to tell you that we’re meeting at 6 for dinner in the restaurant downstairs.”

“Ok,” they all replied as I said bye and headed back downstairs.

About twenty minutes later I heard a few screams and looked outside. As I did I saw a familiar face. I stepped outside and walked over near him.

“Hey stranger,” I said as he was signing some autographs.

He turned as he heard me and smiled, “Taylor oh my gosh you look amazing.”

“Thanks,” I replied as we hugged. “So do you. Tara and the kids keeping you busy.”

“Oh yea and the tour too,” Jay laughed “So how have you been?”

“Good,” I answered as he took another picture. “We just got in last night from Nashville. The guys are out right now but they should be back soon.”

“Cool,” he replied. “Well do we need to check-in?”

“No I’ve got you already set,” I answered. “I’ll take you guys to your rooms just meet in the lobby.”

“Ok Tara is somewhere with the other girls if you can find her,” he told me as I walked off to find her somewhere in the front of the hotel.

“Tara,” I smiled. “Allison, Tiffany. Hey ya’ll”

“Hey,” they all replied as we each hugged.

“Oh my gosh how are you?” Allison asked.

“Great,” I answered. “How are ya‘ll?”

“Great,” they replied.

“So thanks for this trip I’m glad to be somewhere other than a tour bus,” said Tara as I helped them bring their stuff into the hotel.

“Oh we’re gonna have a great time,” I told them. “I’ve got us all tickets to see the guys on their first night here and we’ve got the whole day planned for tomorrow. We’re meeting for dinner at 6 if you wanna join us.”

“That sounds great,” Tiffany said as we made our inside and I said hi to the other guys.

“Let’s go your all are on the 19th floor with my family and other friends,” I told them as we got on the elevator. “I’m on the 20th floor with Nick and the guys if you need me. Oh and like I told the girls we’re meeting at 6 for dinner. Its gonna be down in the restaurant downstairs.”

“Great,” replied Gary as the doors opened.

******

 

“Hey baby I’m back,” yelled Nick as he walked into the suite.

“Great,” I replied as I walked out of the bedroom. “I’ve got my bags pack for tonight.”

“Cool I told the guys about our plan and A.J. said he’d come over so you can stay in his room,” he said.

“Ok so after dinner we’ll part ways until the wedding,” I smiled. “I so excited. Tomorrow I wake up as Taylor Adams and go to bed as Taylor Carter.”

“I love the sound of that,” he smiled as we kissed. “I think I’m one lucky man to have you.”

“Well I think I’m one lucky woman to have you,” I replied as I looked down at my watch. “Its almost 6 and we need to be downstairs by then so hurry up and get ready. Its nothing fancy so just throw on some jeans and a shirt and lets go.”

“Ok be right out,” he said as he walked into the bedroom and I walked into the closet and grabbed my wedding dress that was hanging in there.

“Nick I’m gonna run down the hall be right back,” I yelled.

“Ok,” he yelled back as I opened the door and walked down the hall.

I stopped a couple suites down at A.J.’s room and knocked on the door.

“One second,” I heard A.J. yell as he opened the door. “Hey Taylor what’s up?”

“Nick told me about you letting me use your suite tonight,” I replied.

“Oh yeah,” he said.

“Yeah well I came by to drop off my stuff so I don’t have to go back to my room tonight,” I started. “And I brought my dress so that Nick won’t go looking for it while I’m not there. I want him to see it tomorrow for the first time at the wedding.”

“Well come on it I was just about to put on my shoes for dinner tonight,” he said as I walked in and shut the door behind me.

“Oh,” I replied. “Nick’s getting ready too. All our family and friends are here so we’re gonna have a big party tonight.”

“How many are here?” he asked.

“About 30 of us,” I answered. “And then we’ve got to do it all again tomorrow at the reception over at some other restaurant.”

“Wow that’s a lot of people,” he said.

“Your telling me,” I replied. “There could have been more but we wanted to keep it small and this is the smallest I could get it. I just had to have my closest friends and family here. So did Nick.”

“Who’s all here on Nick’s side?” he asked.

“His dad and his wife and all his siblings,” I answered.

“No friends?” he asked.

“Just ya’ll but that’s it,” I answered again. “I brought my parents and sister and her husband along with my two best friends and Rascal Flatts.”

“Cool,” he replied as he looked down at his watch. “Its 5 till 6 now we should get going.”

“Yeah we should,” I responded as I stuck my bags on the couch. “Can I put my dress in your closet?”

“Yeah sure its right over there,” he answered as I walked over and put it in the closet.

“Ok let’s go,” I said as I shut the door and opened the other one to the hallway. “Nick’s probably waiting back at my room.”

I walked back to our room and opened it up to see Nick at coming towards the door.

“Oh I was just about to go meet you over at A.J.’s to go downstairs,” Nick said.

“We go to talking about how many people are here and all sorry,” I apologized.

“Its ok,” he replied. “Its almost 6 we better get down there.”

“Yeah just let me grab my purse,” I said as I grabbed my purse and we walked out of the room. “There’s like 30 of us here so I made a reservation for 30 at 6 hope you don’t mind.”

“That’s great so we can get seated quicker,” he responded as we got onto the elevator. “Everyone is gonna meet us down in the lobby?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “So A.J. what’s new?”

“Nothing really,” A.J. replied. “Anything new with you beside the wedding?”

“Not really,” I answered. “I’ve been doing better lately thanks to Nick.” I placed my arms around Nick as I said that.

“I’ve just been helping you realize some things that’s all,” he said as he placed his arms around me and the elevator opened on the lobby floor.

“Well that’s great,” A.J. said as we got off the elevator and saw everyone starting to gather in the lobby.

“Aaron,” I smiled as he turned around and I released my grip from Nick.

“Taylor,” Aaron started. “Hey.”

“Hey how are you?” I asked.

“Babe I’m gonna go talk to the guys,” Nick cut in.

“Ok,” I replied as I turned my attention back to Aaron.

“I’ve been great,” Aaron answered. “You look great how have you been?”

“I’m doing good,” I replied. “Everyday I’m getting a little bit better.”

“Well that’s good,” Aaron said. “So I heard your families here. I haven’t seen your sister in forever where is she?”

“Uh,” I started as I looked around. “Oh there she is just now getting off the elevator. Jess!”

“Hey,” Jess said as she walked up to me and Aaron.

“Jess you remember Aaron right?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered as she looked at Aaron. “How have you been?”

“I’ve been good,” Aaron answered as he gave her a hug. “How have you been?”

“I don’t know if Taylor or Nick told your but I got married last year,” she replied. “This is Tommy my husband.”

“Oh congratulations,” Aaron said. “I knew Nick said something about him and Taylor heading to Tampa for something but I didn’t know it was your wedding.”

“Yeah,” she replied as she turned towards Tommy. “Tommy this is Aaron, Nick’s younger brother.”

“Nice to meet you,” Aaron said as he stuck out his hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” Tommy said as he shook Aaron’s hand.

“Well while you guys talk I’m gonna go see about reservations,” I said interrupting them.

“Ok,” she responded as I walked away.

“Hi I’ve got reservations for 30,” I said to the hostess.

“What’s the name of the reservation under?” the hostess asked.

“Nick Carter,” I answered. I had put it under his name earlier so we could get better service for such a big group.

“Ok let me see if your tables are ready and I’ll be right back,” the hostess replied as she walked away.

A few moments later she returned, “your tables are ready. Is your party all here?”

“Yes,” I answered. “Let me get them.”

“Ok,” the hostess replied as I turned to get everyone.

******

 

“Oh my gosh I so remember that,” I laughed later that night while we were waiting for our dinner to be served. “Remember that time when Melissa talked Aaron into dressing up like a girl for Halloween? That was one of the funniest Halloweens of my childhood.”

“I think I still have pictures of that somewhere,” my mom said as we laughed.

“I still have the picture from our middle school dance with you and that boy James Kelly,” Melissa said as she looked at me. “Remember him?”

“Oh my gosh who can’t forget him,” I laughed. “I felt so bad for him and he just got the nerve to ask me to dance so I couldn’t turn him down.”

“What was so wrong with him?” asked Howie.

“Let’s just say this,” I started. “He was very shy and smiled a little.”

“Ok that says it all,” he replied.

“See,” I chuckled.

“I felt so bad for you for like 2 seconds,” Melissa joked.

“Thanks,” I smirked. “At least I wasn’t the one to go to homecoming junior year with Steve Fenny.”

“Don’t remind me,” she said as she tried to shake him out of her head.

“What was so wrong with him?” asked Nick.

“Most popular guy in high school,” I started to answer. “Cute guy and all but not very smart. He came to homecoming wearing the ugliest thing ever. It was so like 70’s hippy type thing. So bright and ugly. Then when he got on the floor the expression ‘white guys can’t dance’ so applied right there and then.”

“I was so embarrassed I didn’t dance unless it was with someone else,” she said.

“Who’d you go to homecoming with that year?” Nick asked me.

“Joey Shelton,” I answered.

“What?” he shouted as I said the guys name.

“Yeah,” I replied. “ I know you hated him but he did change once we hit high school trust me.”

“That guy was a jerk I hated him,” he said.

“Hey wasn’t like you were there,” said Melissa.

“I know but still Joey,” he replied.

“I know I know,” I sighed. “like Melissa said you weren’t there and the past is in the past no changing it now.”

“True,” he said as our dinner arrived.

******

 

“Anyone want any dessert?” asked the waitress as we all shook our heads no. “Ok. I’ll bring out the checks then. Who’s on what check?”

“I’ve got it all,” I answered.

“You sure?” asked Kevin.

“Yeah I’m sure,” I replied. “This is basically a thank you meal to everyone for helping me through my heard times and being there for us both.”

“Thanks for the dinner then,” A.J. said

“Your welcome,” I said as they brought me the check. “Thanks, here you go.” I handed the waitress my card.

“So tomorrow we’ve got a formal lunch to go to with everyone starting at 11 so dress nice,” Nick announced to everyone. “We told you to bring something nice for a formal lunch so just reminding you that its tomorrow.”

“We have limos taking us so they know where to go,” I added. “Just be ready by 10:15 and be in the lobby by 10:30 so we can be there on time.”

“So who’s the luncheon for?” asked Nicole.

“For the group,” Nick lied. “We wanted to have a nice kick off luncheon before the big show tomorrow night.”

“Cool,” she replied.

The waitress soon brought back the check for me to sign and then we were on our way back to our rooms.

“Well I’m headed to bed cause I know tomorrow will come before I know it,” I said as I yawned. “I’ll see you all tomorrow.” I walked over to A.J. right before I was about to leave. “Hey can I have your key so I can just go in and get some sleep if I can?”

“Sure,” A.J. answered as he pulled out his room key and handed it over.

“Thanks,” I said as I gave him a hug. “You’re the best thanks for doing this.”

“Anything for someone who keeps Nick sane,” he joked.

“Someone’s gotta do the dirrty job,” I laughed. “See you tomorrow.”

“See ya,” he replied as I walked away over to Nick.

“So I’m gonna go to A.J.’s room,” I whispered in Nick’s ear.

“I’ll go with you,” Nick whispered back.

“Hey guys we’re heading to bed since tomorrows a big day,” I said as we said our goodnights and headed up the elevator.

“I wish you could stay the night but I can’t see you unfortunately until the wedding,” he said as he kissed me on the way up the elevator.

“I wish I didn’t have to stay in A.J.’s room either but we both know its tradition,” I replied as the doors opened.

“I’ll walk you to your room.” he told me as we walked down to A.J.’s suite.

We walked in silence just looking down at the floor beneath our feet. As we stopped in front of A.J.’s room I looked up into his eyes.

“I’m gonna miss waking up to you tomorrow,” I said sadly.

“Don’t be sad just think about this tomorrow night we’ll be going to bed as Mr. and Mrs. Nick Carter,” he reminded me. “So think it as tomorrow is your last morning waking up a unmarried woman.”

“I can’t believe it we’re getting married,” I smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he replied as we kissed passionately.

About 2 minutes later while we were still in the hallway kissing we heard, “Excuse me but you aren’t suppose to see the bride until the wedding.”

We turned around to see A.J. standing there laughing at us.

“I’m going I promise,” I said as I gave Nick one more kiss. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” he replied as I opened the door and walked in.

I sighed to myself as I leaned against the door and said to myself, “I’m going to bed Taylor Adams tonight and tomorrow night I’m gonna be going to bed as Mrs. Nick Carter. Oh my gosh this is so much its unbelievable.”

******

After taking a long warm bath I decided to watch some TV as I fell asleep in A.J.’s bed that night. Nothing really stood out to me but ‘I Love Lucy’. I loved that show and watched it every chance I could. This was one of my favorite episodes. It was the one where Lucy and Ethel dressed up as aliens and went to the Empire State Building and scared everyone on the top of the building. They got put in the newspaper and everything. It was one of the funniest episodes I thought. But I didn’t finish watching it because I was more tired then I thought and before I knew it I was asleep half way through the show.

The next morning I woke up to the TV still on. ‘The Andy Griffin Show’ was on now. I was hardly paying attention as I woke up. Not 10 seconds later did I hear my cell phone start going off. I looked over at the clock on the nightstand and it read 9:30 a.m. I couldn’t believe I had slept that late. I heard my phone ring again and got up to answer it.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey,” replied my mom.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Well I just thought I’d call and see what you were gonna wear so I know how fancy to dress,” she started. “I brought a few different nice outfits.”

“Anything’s fine that you would wear to a formal event,” I told her.

“Ok,” she replied. “So I guess I’ll let you go so you can do whatever you need to do and I’ll see you in two hours then.”

“Yeah,” I said as we said our goodbyes and hung up. “Ok now how am I going to do my hair? Let’s call Leighanne she would know.” I flipped through my contacts until I came upon Brian’s number and pressed call.

After 4 rings I heard, “hello.”

“Hey Brian is Leighanne there?” I asked.

“Yeah one second,” he replied. “Here she is.”

“Thanks,” I said as he handed over the phone.

“Hello,” said Leighanne as she got on the phone.

“Hey are you busy?” I asked.

“Just about to give Baylee a bath why?” she asked.

“I just needed help getting ready but I’ll call one of the other girls,” I replied.

“Don’t bother I can help you,” she started. “I’ll just have Brian give him a bath. I’ll be right there.”

“Thanks,” I said as we hung up.

About five minutes later there was a knock at the door. Leighanne was on the other side as I opened the door.

“Thank God you’re here,” I sighed as she walked in and I locked the door behind us. “Ok now I get married in like an hour and a half so I need help.”

“Ok first you look ten times prettier with your hair down so do it down with maybe a couple of curls,” she suggested.

“Ok I’ll heat up the curler,” I said as I walked into the bedroom to get my curling iron out of my overnight bag. After I got it I went into the bathroom and heated it up. “Ok so while its heating I was thinking maybe we could do my make-up.”

“Ok,” she replied. “Let’s do something light and natural since your already beautiful.”

“Ok,” I agreed as we got my make-up out and started picking colors for me to wear.

******

“I’ll meet the limo out back in five minutes,” I said as Leigh came into A.J.’s room to check on me.

“I’ll tell everyone to go ahead and get in the limos and you’ll meet us there,” Leigh said. “Howie said that Nick already went to the church out the back door without anyone knowing.”

“Great,” I smiled. “Have my parents stay back and send everyone else ahead and I’ll meet them in the limo in the back.”

“Ok I’ll tell them that,” she said as she headed out.

Once she was gone I walked over to the full length mirror and looked once more at my beautiful white strapless dress I was wearing.

Five minutes later I was at the back door waiting for one of the Backstreet Boys bodyguards to tell me that I was all clear to get into the limo.

“Oh my gosh!” my mom screamed as she saw me get inside the limo.

“Surprise,” I smiled. “I’m getting married.”

“My baby,” she cried. “I can’t believe you kept this from me.”

“We wanted to surprise you all,” I replied. “No one except a few people know about the wedding. I just thought of this a few weeks ago when we e-mailed you guys.”

“You sure did surprise us all,” my dad said.

“Job completed for surprise part then,” I laughed. “Let’s get to the church so I can get married. I’ve got a man waiting for me.”

“I still can’t get over the shock,” my mom said as we started off for the church.

******

 

Twenty minutes later I was at the church getting ready to walk down the isle. Nick was already at the altar from what I heard and the doors were about to open up. I took a deep breath as I held onto my dad’s arm and breathed a sigh of relief just knowing that I was just about to marry the man of my dreams.

Just then I heard the music start up and they put my dad and I into place. Two seconds later the doors opened and I came face to face with a small group of friends and family. I glanced once around and then found Nick’s eyes and didn’t look anywhere else as I started down the isle.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment and tell me what you thinked. Thanks.