- Text Size +

“Who gives this woman away?” asked the pastor.

“Her mother and I do,” my dad said as he gave me a kiss on my cheek. “Take good care of her Nick.”

“I will sir,” Nick said as I put my hands into his and we turned towards the pastor.

“Do you Nickolas Gene Carter take Taylor Alison Adams to be lawful wedded wife,” the pastor started. “To have and to hold, through sickness and health to death do you part?”

“I do,” Nick replied with a smiled.

“And do you Taylor Alison Adams take Nickolas Gene Carter to be lawful wedded husband,” the pastor started to ask me. “To have and to hold, through sickness and health to death do you part?”

“I do,” I answered.

“May I please have the rings?” asked the pastor as Nick took them both out of his tux pocket. “Thank you. Ok please repeat after me Nick. With this ring I thee wed.”

“With this ring I thee wed,” repeated Nick as he slipped my ringer onto my finger.

“Now Taylor repeat after me,” the pastor turned towards me. “With this ring I thee wed.”

“With this ring I thee wed,” I repeated as I slipped Nick’s ring onto his finger.

“With the power invested in me and the country of Australia I now pronounce you husband and wife,” said the pastor. “You may now kiss the bride.”

Nick took me into his arms and we kissed passionately for the first time and husband and wife.

“You look amazing,” Nick whispered into my ear as we turned to leave the church.

“Thanks,” I whispered back.

We smiled all the way down the isle and thanked everyone as we walked by.

When we got to the back Nick asked, “are we going out the front or the back?”

“I don’t know,” I answered. “I think the limo’s out front, but paparazzi probably followed.”

“True,” he replied. “Maybe we can get someone to tell the driver to go to the back door where no one is.”

“I’ll do that,” I told him as I turned around and looked for the first person I could find. “Brian. Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” he responded.

“Can you go out front and tell the driver to go to the back door?” I asked. “I forgot to tell him earlier.”

‘Sure,” Brian answered as he walked out the front of the church and found the driver. As he got closer he saw some paparazzi outside waiting for them. “Sure can you please pull around to the back door?”

“Sure,” the driver replied as Brian walked back inside.

“He’s on his way,” he told me. “there were a few reporters out there waiting for us but nothing much.”

“Oh,” I replied as I turned back to Nick. “You ready to go?”

“Sure baby,” Nick said as he kissed me. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled as we kissed again. “Let’s get going before anyone else gets in the back.”

We held each other close as we walked towards the back to get into the limo. As we got to the door everyone said bye and then we got into the limo hopefully without anyone seeing us.

Everyone else got into the limos that were still waiting outside in front of the church. They all soon were heading off to the restaurant they had picked out.

******

 

“I love you,” I said as we sat in the limo.

“I love you too,” he replied as we kissed.

“I can’t believe I’m Mrs. Nick Carter now,” I smiled.

“I love it,” he smiled back as he kissed me.

“I do too,” I replied as the limo came to a stop and the door opened. “We must be here.”

“We must,” he said as our door opened as Nick got out first then took my hand and helped me out. As we got out to our surprise we were at the front of the restaurant and a few paparazzi.

“How did they find us?” I whispered into Nick’s ear as we walked inside.

“They must have followed someone to the church and then stayed outside there,” he answered. “Let’s just forget about it.”

“I’m gonna go use the bathroom real quick,” I said as I walked towards the bathroom sign.

About five minutes later I came back out to see Nick waiting for me next to the bathroom.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey,” he replied. “Just thought I’d walk in with you to the group.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. “Ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” he responded as we walked towards our friends and family who were in the back of the restaurant.

Everyone started screaming and shouting when we came into view.

I couldn’t help but smile as I heard them and people started walking up to us congratulating us.

“You really kept this a secret,” said my mom as I gave her a hug.

“We wanted to surprise everyone,” I replied. “The only people that knew were some of the people on the tour cause we needed their help.”

“Well I’m so happy for you,” she said as she gave me another hug.

“Thanks mom,” I smiled. “Well I’m gonna see what Nick’s doing and I think we’re gonna order dinner.”

“Ok,” she said as I walked back over to Nick.

“Baby you ready to order?” I asked as he was talking to his brother.

“Sure,” he answered. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok,” Aaron replied. “Hey Taylor welcome to the family.”

“Thanks,” I said as I gave him a hug. “I’m gonna go order some food now cause I’m starving.”

We laughed as I walked back over to my seat next to Nick and started to look at the menu.

“You know what looks good is the lobster and shrimp,” I said as I looked at Nick.

“That does sound good,” he replied. “The steak sounds good too.”

“It does,” I said. “Maybe I should get the lobster and shrimp and you get the steak and we can split it.”

“Sounds good,” he replied.

Soon the waitresses and waiters went around taking everyone’s orders.

“Ok so while we’re waiting for food I’d like to my gift to my bride,” Nick said as he stood up. “Let me go get it I’ll be right back.” He stepped into the back to get a stool and his guitar. As he walked back in with the two things in his hands he said, “I wrote a song for Taylor. This is my gift to her.”

He got all setup and started to play, “Feels so good, when you love me like you should
I'd stay forever here with you, if I knew that I could
I know inside, got my heart open wide
I want them all to see you and me, we're together side by side
crazy, you made me over you, girl it's true

love to love the way that you love me
you're such a part of me I feel, I can see that it's real to me
and whatever it might be, as long as you love me
I'll still be in love, love to love

can't get enough, you're all I'm think of
you've been on my mind all the time, baby girl ya give me love
please don't change and subject me to such pain
couldn't do what I do if I live without you, I would never be the same
crazy, you made me over you, girl it's true cuz I

love to love the way that you love me
you're such a part of me I feel, I can see that it's real to me
and whatever it might be, as long as you love me
I'll still be in love, love to love the love

baby, there's one thing you should know
you had me when you said hello
no, I'll never let you go, No...No.”

By the time he had finished I was in tears. I loved the song.

“Thanks,” I said through tears as I walked over to him and gave him a passionate kiss. “I loved it.”

“I love you,” he replied.

“I love you too,” I said as we kissed again. “I got something for you later.”

“Oh really,” he smiled. “I can’t wait.”

“After the show,” I said as I wiggled my eyebrows.

“Can’t wait,” he smiled as he kissed me a third time.

“Ok sorry to interrupt but I know there isn’t any music here so I thought we’d sing a song for your first dance together,” Jay spoke up.

“That sounds like a great idea don’t you think baby?” I asked looking at Nick.

“Sounds great,” Nick answered as he stood up.

“Can we borrow your guitar?” asked Joe Don.

“Sure,” Nick replied as he handed it over.

“Thanks,” Joe Don said as he walked over to the other two guys in Rascal Flatts and started to whisper.

A few moments later Joe Don started strumming the guitar in his hands.

“Sitting here with you,” Gary started to sing. As he did Nick took me into his arms and we danced in the small space we had between the tables. “You ask me why my tongue is tied
I've tried to make some since of all these things i feel inside
I've been searching for the perfect words to say
They've been said a thousand times
But they mean more today

'cause I’m head over heels for you
And all of the things you do
The heavens and earth have moved
I'm falling head over heels for you

So baby there it is I’ve let it go and now you know
It's funny how a feeling starts so small and starts to grow
I had every line rehearsed I’d say to you today
Then you looked into my eyes and they just slipped away

'cause I’m head over heels for you
And all of the things you do
The heavens and earth have moved
I'm falling, head over heels for you

Head over heels heart over mind you've got me body and soul
I've never dreamed in a million years I’d lose complete control

I'm head over heels for you
And all of the things you do
The heavens and earth have moved
I'm falling head over heels for you
Head over heels for you
I'm falling head over heels for you
Oooo ohh I’m falling
Mmmm I’m falling.”

Nick and I finished dancing and turned towards Joe Don, Gary, and Jay and clapped.

“Thanks that was beautiful,” I told them as I gave each of them a hug and kiss on the cheek. “That’s one of my favorite songs on that album.”

“Thanks,” they replied.

“I’ve got a gift for you guys,” Leighanne started as she walked into the other room. “Since we’re giving gifts I thought I’d give you one from Brian, Baylee, and me.” She handed over a big heavy rectangular box. “Open it.”

We started to open it and as we did we saw it was a picture of Nick and I goofing off after a sound check during the tour.

“Oh my gosh I love it,” I smiled as I gave her a hug.

“When did you take this?” asked Nick.

“Back at one of the stops in the U.S.,” she answered.

“Thanks,” I said as I put it to the side. “This is going in our place in Nashville. Probably in our living room.”

Just as I was giving a hug to Brian and saying thanks our food arrived.

******

 

“What now?” I asked Nick as we were back in the limo.

“Well we have to be at the venue in an hour and a half for sound check,” Nick answered. “We’re headed for the hotel right now to change so you don’t have to wear your dress to the show.”

“What if I wanted to,” I replied.

“You’d probably be the first to wear a wedding dress to our show but you’d be hot,” he smirked.

“How far is the venue?” I asked as we got to the hotel’s back door.

“I don’t know but we’ve got to leave in an hour,” he answered as we got out and went in through the back door.

“I’d love to spend that hour with you in our room,” I wiggled my eyebrows.

“I can arrange it,” he said as we got to our floor and got off the elevator. As we got to our room Nick picked me up into his arms and opened the door to our suite and walked in.

We started to kiss as he put me down on top of the bed. Before we knew it we had our clothes all over the room.

******

 

As we laid there next to each other in our bed asleep Nick’s phone started to ring.

“Hello,” said as sleepy Nick.

“Dude where are you?” asked Howie on the other line.

“Oh my gosh what time is it?” he asked as soon as he realized who it was on the other line.

“3:05,” Howie answered. “We’re suppose to be at the venue in 25 minutes hurry up and get down here.”

“I’ll be right down,” he replied as he hung up and jumped out of bed.

“Baby why are you up?” I asked half asleep.

“I’ve gotta get to the venue we’ve got a sound check soon,” he answered. “You coming?”

“Yeah let me get dressed,” I replied as I got up and threw on some clothes.

As we got into the elevator ten minutes later Nick looked over at me and said, “Love the jacket.”

“Thanks,” I smiled knowing that the back of my jacket said ‘Mrs. Carter’ “I got it made while I was out shopping a few weeks ago. Thought you’d like it.”

“I love it,” he smiled as the doors opened and we walked out to meet up with the guys.

“There you two are,” said Kevin as we came closer.

“Sorry we fell asleep,” Nick responded as we started to walk out to three awaiting vans to take us to the venue.

Fans were all over the front entrance of the hotel screaming the guys names.

“Sorry we’ve got to get to a sound check we’re running late,” Kevin apologized as we walked by. “We’ll be back later I promise.”

I got into the van with Nick, Leighanne, Brian, Baylee, A.J., Howie, Leigh, Kevin, Kristin, and two bodyguards while the rest went in the other two vans.

“You should be glad the sound check isn’t until 4,” Kevin said looking at me and Nick.

“So then we’re good on time,” Nick said as we took off for the venue.

I laid my head onto Nick’s shoulder as I tried to get some more sleep before we got to the venue. But with my luck we got there faster then I thought. We piled out of the van and went into the venue.

“Ok baby I’m gonna go get ready I’ll be right back just hang out with the girls,” Nick said as he and the other guys went to get ready.

“Ok,” I replied as I went over to my family. “Hey guys.”

“Hey,” they all said as we started to talk about random things.

******

 

“Five till sound check guys,” someone yelled into the dressing room.

“Ok we better get out there,” said Brian as everyone got up and started walking towards the door.

Nick and I were the last out the room as we held each other tight.

“So we’re leaving tomorrow night for the next show right?” I asked as we kept walking.

“Yeah,” Nick started to answer. “Our family leaves the following day to go back home.”

“Cool,” I replied as we made our way to the stage. “Have a good time.” I told him as I gave him a kiss.

“Love you,” he said as he walked onto the stage.

“Love you too,” I responded as I stood off to the side of the stage.

“Ok you guys ready?” asked A.J. as they started their sound check.

The girls in the crowd all started to scream as ‘I Want It That Way’ started to play.

After they sang a few more songs they stopped to start to take some questions from the fans.

“Nick why was your brother in town?” asked one fan.

“I just brought my family down for the start of this leg of the tour,” Nick kinda lied.

“Is he here with you now?” asked another fan.

“He’s backstage somewhere with my sister’s,” he answered. “I’m just glad to have my family come to at least one show in this beautiful country.”

The questions soon turned to the other guys and then turned into taking pictures with the fans.

******

 

“I could go for a good glass of iced tea if I was in Nashville right now,” I said as we walked back towards the dressing room.

“Well we’re nowhere near Nashville right now,” Nick replied as he sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap.

“I know I miss Lucy,” I sighed as I fell back onto his chest.

“She’s fine probably right now,” he said. “She’s just at the doggie hotel until Melissa gets home.”

“Yeah I know,” I replied as everyone piled into the room. “When we get home I just wanna spend the whole time just me, you, and Lucy curled up together in the house all alone.”

“I love that idea,” he smiled as he gave me a kiss.

“Ok ok,” laughed Brian. “Kids in the room.”

“Hey sorry if they don’t see people kissing at home,” Nick shot back with a chuckle.

“So when’s the radio interview?” asked A.J. as he sat down next to Nick and me on the couch.

“In about fifteen minutes,” Kevin answered. “We’re suppose to meet them in the room down the hall.”

“You guys can just relax while we do the interview,” Howie told us. “We’re not gonna be that long I hope.”

“Yeah we better not cause we’ve got a show tonight,” laughed A.J. as he stood up. “I guess we have enough time to grab a drink and then head down the hall.”

“I guess,” Nick said as I got up and then he got up to get ready for the interview. “We’ll be back soon I promise.”

“Ok love you,” I replied as I kissed him.

“Love you too,” he responded as he turned to follow the guys out the door and down the hall.

I sat back down and curled up on the couch as we all started to relax.

“So what do you think about being married?” asked Jessica as she took the spot next to me.

“So far no complaints,” I answered. “What do you think of it?”

“Loving it,” she smiled as she looked over at Tommy. “Tommy over here is the best man ever.”

“I’d have to disagree,” I joked. “My man is.”

“Oh you wanna start that,” Leighanne said. “My man is way better than any man out there.”

“Oh ok,” I replied as we all laughed.

“Seems like we all have our perfect match then,” Jessica said as everyone took seats around the room.

“Man I can’t believe there’s all these people here,” I noticed as I looked around. “Thanks everyone for coming.”

“Your welcome,” they all replied.

“We wouldn’t have missed it for the world,” said Melissa as she held Brad in her lap. “Oh hey I just remembered are you gonna be home April 15th?”

“Should be why?” I asked.

“Well you remember Kim and Max from school?” Melissa started to answer as I nodded. “Well there throwing a huge party for Sam before he goes off to the Navy and they invited us both. I told them you were away on vacation when they asked where you were. They said they had tried to get a hold of you but no answer.”

“Oh yeah I’d love to try and go,” I replied. “Maybe Nick will be home too and we can go together. It’d be great to see some of our old college friends even if its only been like 2 years since then.”

“Good cause I already told them you’d both be there,” she said with a smile on her face.

******

 

As Kevin, Howie, Brian, A.J., and Nick walked into the room down the hall to start their interview they were greeted by young man and an older man.

“Hi thank for doing this I’m Jason,” said the older man as he shook each of the guys hands. “This is Matt my co-radio dude we like to call him.”

“Hi,” Matt said as he shook each of there hands too.

They all sat down and got comfortable for the interview to start.

“Ok so we’re here with the Backstreet Boys backstage,” Jason started to say as he turned on the recorder in front of him. “So how’s the tour going so far this tour?”

“Its great,” answered Howie. “Its great to be back together and touring again. We’re all in new places in our lives and feel great about it.”

“So what’s different with all of you?” asked Matt.

“Well I’m a father now and so far am the only one,” Brian spoke up. “Its so different now coming on tour and taking my wife and son with me. I love it personally.”

“I’ve been working on my sobriety and just focusing on myself lately,” answered A.J. as everyone else said something.

“So Nick you’ve probably been asked this a thousand times since it happened but what was going through your head when your girlfriend went crazy on the reporter?” asked Jason.

“You know the only thing going on in my head at that moment was just thinking how rude the guy was and how much I was trying to hold back from maybe saying something I shouldn’t have,” Nick started to answer. “I just let her do what she had to do to let some steam out. We had just gone through something so personal and for a reporter to ask something about it was just rude.”

“So you wouldn’t take any of it back or redo it if you could?” asked Matt.

“Never,” he replied sternly. “Sorry to say it but he had it coming to him. If it wasn’t from me then it would have been from her.”

“From what I hear she was the former manager of Rascal Flatts,” started Matt. “Have you met them?”

“Oh yeah we’ve all met them,” he answered. “Their some of the nicest people in the industry. Their actually here right now.”

“Really?” asked Matt.

“Yeah their with Taylor right now just hanging out and relaxing from their tour,” Nick replied.

“Would you ever do a collaboration with them?” asked Matt.

“We’ve never thought of it,” answered Brian. “Seems like something that might be a cool idea. I mean they are a great group and are on top of everything in the country spectrum.”

They asked a few more questions and then got a few pictures out of them and then they were off to get ready for the concert and to relax until 7 that night.

******

 

“Australia!” yelled A.J. as they ended their second song of the night. “What’s up?” The crowd screamed as the music started to play. “Let’s get this place rockin’.”

“I may run and hide,” Brian started the song. “When you're screamn' my name, alright”
“But let me tell you now,” Nick sang his part. “There are prices to fame, alright”
“All of our time spent in flashes of light,” A.J. sang.

“All you people can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life,” everyone sang together.
They sang the rest of the song and then started another song without missing a beat. Through out the concert Nick would look down into the front row to the right of the stage and see me standing there dancing and singing along and having a blast with my friends and family. This was my personal favorite part of being a Backstreet wife was having a hot husband who could sing to me and make me melt each time.

“So how’s everyone feeling?” asked Nick as he had his guitar in his hands and the crowd screamed. “Ok well this next song is one of my favorites. You guys ready?” The crowd screamed again as the music started. “Lookin' at your picture from when we first met
You gave me a smile that I could never forget
And nothing I could do
Could protect me from you that night
Wrapped around your finger, always on my mind
The days would blend 'cause we stayed up all night
Yeah, you and I were, everything, everything to me.”

After they sang ‘Everybody’ the group of us who were in the first couple of rows went backstage to meet up with the guys before we had to go back to the hotel.

******

 

“Baby you were great tonight,” I said as I came up behind Nick and wrapped my arms around him.

“Thanks,” Nick replied as he turned around and gave me a kiss. “I’m gonna change and then we can head back to the hotel.”

“Ok,” I replied. “I’ll be waiting with the others.” He followed the rest of the guys into the dressing room to change before heading out.

“So what’s up,” asked Jessica as I came up next to her.

“Nothing much just waiting for us to head back to the hotel,” I answered. “Sorry if I’m about to sound boring but I know we’re leaving tomorrow and you might wanna spend time with us and all but Nick and I are head back to our room when we get back. You all can do whatever you want and we’ll just hang out tomorrow until we leave.”

“That doesn’t sound bad cause I’m actually kinda tired,” Jessica yawned.

“We all might just go to bed and relax,” my mom said.
“So what’s the plan?” asked Brian as he walked up to us.

“Go back to the hotel and sleep,” replied my mom.

“Sounds good,” Brian said as he took a sleeping Baylee from Leighanne.

“How much longer do we have to wait for the others?” Leigh asked as we stood there.

“They should almost be done,” Brian answered. “I know Kevin was in the restroom when I left.”

“Ok,” Leigh replied as A.J. and Nick came out.

“Look who’s not the last out,” Brian joked as Nick walked up and put his arm around me.

“I’m never late just early for tomorrow,” Nick joked.

“That is so true,” I said as I put my arm around his waist.

A few minutes later everyone was ready to go so we headed out for the hotel.

******

 

“We’ll see you in the morning,” I said as I gave my family and friends hugs.

“Congratulations again baby,” my mom said as she hugged me. “I’m so happy that you married such a nice guy.”

“Thanks mom,” I smiled. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Ok,” she replied as I turned around to Nick and walked towards the elevator to go up to our floor above their floor.

“So you promised my gift after the concert,” Nick reminded me as the door to the elevator opened.

“Oh right,” I replied with a smile. “Your gift.”

“Come on lets get in the room,” he said as he picked me up and put me over his shoulders.

“Come on put me down Nick,” I laughed as he opened the door. “Please put me down or no gift.”

“Fine,” he sighed as he put me down on the bed. I then got up and walked over to my things and pulled out some things and then went into the bathroom.

“Be right back,” I told him as I shut the door behind me. I quickly changed into a cute nightie I had bought at Victoria Secrets before we left.

Once I finished getting ready I walked out of the bathroom and over to Nick who was waiting in just his boxers on the bed.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“Wow,” was all he could say at first. “You look amazing.”

“Well you ready for your gift?” I asked him.

“Of course,” he smirked as I climbed onto the bed and onto him and started kissing him passionately.

(Taylor’s wedding dress)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3353&prodgroup=127

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you liked it. Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought. Thanks.