- Text Size +

When I woke up the next morning I heard someone walking around the room. I opened my eyes to see Nick putting our stuff together because we had to head out to the next venue today.

“Sorry did I wake you?” Nick asked as he heard me move.

“No,” I answered. “When do we have to be at the airport?”

“In about 3 hours,” he replied. “I got most of it packed already.”

“Ok I’ll get my stuff packed right after I take a quick shower,” I said as I got up from the bed.

“You feeling any better?” he asked.

“Yeah just feel a little under the weather still,” I answered as I walked into the bathroom.

Nick continued to get all the things ready for the flight when there was a knock at the door.

“Hey man,” he said as he answered the door.

“Hey,” replied Brian. “We’re gonna go get breakfast and wanted to know if you guys wanted to join us? That’s if Taylor’s feeling better.”

“She’s in the shower right now,” Nick started to answer. “I think we’ll grab something in a few. Thanks though.”

“Ok,” Brian said. “Is she any better?”

“Yeah just still feeling a little sick,” he answered. “She should be better in a few days. You know how it is when you get sick.”

“Yeah,” Brian responded. “Hopefully she gets better quickly so she can start coming with you to the venues instead of being stuck in the room all day.”

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “She hates being sick.”

“I can imagine,” Brian started. “I bet you hate it with being just married.”

“Yeah but hey I just really want her to get better,” he said. “Well I’ve gotta get finished packing so that we can be ready to leave in time.”

“Ok I’ll see you in half an hour down in the lobby,” replied Brian.

“Ok see you then,” he responded as they said their goodbyes and Nick shut the door.

As he walked back into the bedroom Taylor walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

“Who was that at the door?” I asked as I walked over to my suitcase and started grabbing something to wear.

“Brian wanting to know if we wanted to come to breakfast,” he answered as he placed his suitcase next to the door leading to the living room. “Is your suitcase ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “Do you know where that bag is for the dirty clothes?”

“Over on the dresser,” he answered as he grabbed her suitcase and sat it next to his. “do you need anything else in the bathroom so I can grab the tooth brushes and tooth paste and put it away.”

“No,” I responded as I grabbed the dirty clothes bag and put my clothes in it and walked over to the suitcases and placed the bag on top. “You about ready to go?”

“Yeah just let me put on my tennis shoes and then we can go grab a quick bite to eat,” he said as he walked out of the bathroom with the toiletry bag and put it down. “We can leave our things up here and come get them after breakfast.”

“Sounds like a great idea,” I responded as I slipped on my flip flops and threw my hair up in a messy pony tail. Just as I was about to walk towards the door I sneezed.

“Bless you,” he said as he put on his tennis shoes.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked out into the hall way with Nick close behind.

“So you need any more medicine?” he asked.

“No I took some just before I got in the shower,” I answered.

“Ok,” he replied as he leaned in and kissed me on my forehead.

The elevator door opened and we stepped in pressing the lobby floor button.

******

 

“Seems like someone’s feeling better,” smiled Leighanne as we came down to the lobby later that morning.

“Yeah I’m somewhat better,” I replied. “I’ve still got a slight fever I think.”

“Aww,” said Leighanne. “You’ll get better soon.”

“Yeah I hope so,” I started. “This is suppose to be my somewhat honeymoon. I mean who wants to be sick a few days after getting married?”

“I’m sorry but you’ll hopefully get over it soon,” she replied.

“Me too,” I sighed as I grabbed my suitcase and headed towards the van to leave.

******

 

A few weeks later we all were back home at our different homes across the U.S. and Nick and I were back in Nashville.

I had gotten better after being sick for a week. Which I hated since I had just been married but it was ok I’m glad it wasn’t anything too bad.

Today was the day of the party at one of Rascal Flatts’s houses. We had to be there at noon and we could leave whenever.

We were sitting on the couch watching ‘Save By The Bell’ lounging out and just taking in the time we had together after the tour had ended.

Just as the show had ended I looked at my cell phone and saw it said 10:30 a.m.

“Baby we gotta get up and get ready for the party,” I said as I sat up and he moaned. “I know I don’t wanna get up either but we gotta go we promised to go. We want them to come to our party so we gotta be nice to them too.”

“Yeah I know,” Nick replied as he sat up. “so when do we have to leave?”

“Like 45 minutes,” I answered as I stood up and started walking towards the master bedroom. Nick soon followed and we both got ready quickly.

I put on a cute summer dress with a pair of matching flip flops. I walked into the bathroom and put on some light make-up and brushed my hair.

“You ready?” I asked as I walked back out into our bedroom.

“Yeah,” he answered as he tied his shoe. “You look hot.”

“Thanks,” I said as he leaned in and kissed me passionately. “Baby come on don’t start or we won’t get there at all.”

“All right,” he replied as we walked down the stairs into the front room. “Which car are we taking?”

“My truck is parked closest to the street so we’ll take that,” I answered. “I’ll drive.”

I grabbed my purse and keys and headed for my truck.

“You know how to get to Jay’s house?” he asked.

“Yeah I’ve been there a few times over the years,” I replied as I backed out of the driveway. “They only live about ten minutes from here so its not that far.”

“So next week is our official house warming party/ wedding reception/ welcome home party with both of our friends and family you ready for that?” he asked.

“Yeah I think so,” I answered. “I hope so at least. I mean I’m not sick anymore. Are you ready?”

“Yeah I think it will be fun,” he responded. “Maybe we should tell everyone to bring their bathing suites and make it a pool party too?”

“No I don’t want people bringing water into the house and then I have to mop it up later,” I answered as I turned down the street to Jay’s house.

“Ok so then maybe we can like make a luau type dinner,” suggest Nick.

“That sounds fun,” I replied. “Maybe we could have like a different theme for the lunch like a classic style lunch like sit down style and the fun dinner.”

“Whatever you want,” he said as we pulled up to Jay’s house.

We got out of the truck and walked towards the door and knocked. Alison came to answer.

“Hey,” Alison said. “Come on in.”

“Thanks,” I smiled as we walked in. “So how have you been since we saw you last?”

“We’re great,” she replied as we walked towards the living room. “You’re the first to arrive but some of Jay’s friends said they’d be here in about five minutes.”

“Great I finally get to meet some of his friends,” I said as Jay walked out.

“Hey guys,” Jay said.

“Hey,” both Nick and I said.

“So How’s everything?” he asked.

“Good,” I answered.

“When did you get home from the tour?” he asked another question.

“About 3 days ago,” answered Nick. “The tour was great though. Well after Taylor got over having a bug.”

“Oh I hate being sick while on tour with Jay,” Alison said as the doorbell rang.

“I know,” I replied as Jay went to answer the door.

“Seems like Joe Don is here with Tiffany,” she said as she heard Joe Don’s voice.

“Hey guys,” Joe Don said as he gave me a hug.

“Hey,” I smiled. “So how many people are suppose to show up?”

“I lost count after ten,” joked Jay.

“I think I did that too for our party next weekend,” laughed Nick.

******

 

“Hi I’m sorry to interrupt but I’m Taylor Carter,” I introduced myself. “I’m a friend on Jay and Alison’s and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to some of there friends.”

“Well hi I’m Kenny Chesney its nice to meet you,” Kenny introduced himself.

“Well its nice to meet you too finally,” I replied. “Jay told some funny stories when I was on tour with him about things you guys did together.”

“Oh so you’re a singer?” he asked.

“Oh no,” I started to answer. “I’m Rascal Flatts’s former manager. I’d probably still be their manager if I hadn’t met my husband and left to go on tour with him.”

“So your husband’s a singer?” he asked another question.

“Yeah,” I answered. “He’s in a group.”

“Oh cool,” he said. “What kind of group.”

“Your probably gonna laugh,” I chuckled.

“Try me,” he replied.

“Ok,” I started. “He’s a Backstreet Boy.”

“Serious?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I answered. “He’s here somewhere.”

“Cool,” he responded.

“Yeah its ok,” I said. “The fans can be crazy. I they make country fans seem so mild.”

“I bet so,” he laughed. “So do you see yourself ever going back to your career as a manager?”

“Hopefully,” I answered. “I’d love to go back out there and manage someone but it also might be a little hard if I wanna ever have a family cause I had some bad things happen during my last tour with Rascal Flatts.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” he said.

“Its ok I just don’t think that Nick and I were ready anyway to have a family,” I replied. “With Nick and I both on two different tours it was hard on our relationship even though we seemed so much in love through out it.”

“I know what you mean,” he started. “Distant relationships are hard to keep together. Your lucky yours lasted.”

“Yeah I’m glad we got through all these years together,” I replied as Nick walked up.

“There you are,” Nick said.

“Hey baby,” I smiled. “Nick this is Kenny Chesney. Kenny this is my husband Nick Carter.”

“Hi,” Kenny started. “Taylor was just telling me that you’re a singer too.”

“Yep,” Nick said. “I just got off of tour a couple days ago.”

“I start my tour in a couple of weeks so I’m about to spend my summer time in a tour bus,” Kenny laughed.

“Well hopefully we’re in town when you are so I can see your show I’ve always wanted to see you in concert,” I told Kenny. “Sorry I must sound like a fan now.”

“Don’t worry I love catching a good concert every now and then,” Kenny replied. “Hey if you tell me if your gonna be in town I can get you two tickets.”

“You sure I mean we just met and all?” I asked.

“Yeah I’m sure you seem like a great couple,” Kenny said.

“Thanks,” I replied. “We’re a crazy couple once you get to know us. I mean we like to surprise our friends all the time.”

“Like with our wedding,” Nick chimed in.

“Yep,” I agreed. “We invited our close family and friends over to Australia for a small getaway and ended up married a day after they arrived.”

“I’ve been there done that,” Kenny replied. “But it didn’t last that long. I hope you both last together forever.”

“We do too,” I smiled. “Well I’m gonna go get something to drink but it was great to meet you and when your tour comes to town I sure hope to be in town so I can see it. I wanna know why you’re the raining entertainer of the year and my boys Rascal Flatts aren’t.”

We laughed as Kenny spoke, “It was great meeting you both and I’d love for you both to see a show.”

“Hey if you want I could always give you tickets to a Backstreet Boys concert,” I joked.

“Sorry Nick but I don’t think that’s my kind of show,” Kenny laughed.

“No problem I probably wouldn’t be caught at one of my concerts either if I wasn’t me,’ Nick chuckled.

******

 

“Oh my gosh that was so funny,” I laughed as Nick told one of his many embarrassing moments.

“I’m glad I’m not in a group were my own band members would do things like that,” responded Jay.

“Hey you better watch out Joe Don and Gary could get you at any moment,” Keith Urban reminded Jay. “Even Alison could do something.”
“I’d do what?” asked Alison as she walked up next to Me.

“Their talking about embarrassing moments and Nick was talking about one that his band mates pulled on him and Jay said it probably wouldn’t happen to him knowing the Joe Don and Gary,” I informed her.

“Oh really well I might just have to tell Gary and Joe Don,” she said as she turned around looking for Joe Don and Gary. “Joe Don, Gary come here.” The guys turned when they heard their names and made their way over to her. “So guys Jay doesn’t think you’d pull a prank on him or embarrass him at all on tour.”

“Oh really,” laughed Gary. “Just wait until the tour starts.”

We all were standing around laughed and carrying on when out of nowhere I felt light headed.

“You ok,” Nick asked as he saw the expression on my face and my hand at my head.

“Yeah I’m good,” I smiled it off and went back to the conversation.

The next thing I knew we were talking about the latest hit comedy movie.

“That was the funniest movie I’ve seen this year so far,” a neighbor of Alison and Jay’s said as we kept talking about the movie.

Just then out of nowhere I just dropped to the floor.

“Oh my gosh Taylor,” Nick screamed as he fell to my side. “Baby wake up.”

Chapter End Notes:
Hopeed you liked it. I have a major test this week so it maybe a few days until I get another chapter out but I'll try to before the end of the week. I can't make any promises but I'll try my hardest cause I gotta study to pass this test for college.