- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long to get out to you but I've been on vacation. But good news is I've been writting a lot so I've got a ton built up so I'm gonna be able to post more hopefully soon. Sorry for the wait once again but I hope you like it.

“Great show guys I’ll see you in Indiana on the 8th to start up the tour again,” I said to Jay, Gary, and Joe Don.

“Have fun on the other tour,” said Jay. “Your gonna be sick and tired of tours once you get back to us.”

“Probably but I’ll have fun,” I replied. “You all take real good care of yourselves and I’ll see you in a week.”

“See ya,” they all said as we went our separate ways.

******

 

“Hey baby I’m about to take off just wanted to tell you I’ll be there as soon as I can,” I spoke into the phone as I was leaving Nick a message on his phone. “My plane should be getting in about 4 so I’ll meet you at the venue. Love you. Bye.”

I hung up the phone and walked over to the magazine rake at the airport and grabbed a few celebrity gossip magazines. My favorite was InTouch Weekly and People Magazine, I also grabbed Ok Magazine, Star, and US Weekly. I checked out and boarded my flight within an hour of arriving the airport. I was so excited to be seeing Nick again.

“Flight 256 for Holmdel, New Jersey now boarding,” I heard over the intercom.

I boarded and sat down in my first class seat, buckled up and opened my magazine to read the newest gossip.

“Oh my gosh Britney’s engaged.” I laughed to myself as I read an article on Britney Spears announcing her engagement to Kevin Federline.

As soon as it was ok I took out my Ipod and started to listening to the music on it as I fell asleep to it. Before I knew it I was being awoken by a lady telling me to put my seatbelt back on and to turn off my electronics.

******

 

As I walked around the airport after I picked up my things from baggage clam I headed took out my cell phone.

“Nick, Nick, Nick,” I started to repeat to myself as I looked for his number in my phone and pressed call.

“Hello,” I heard him say on the other line.

“Hey,” I replied.

“Hey you,” he started. “You just land or something?”

“Yeah just got my bags and everything,” I answered. “You at the venue?”

“Yeah since I just finished the sound check,” he responded. “I sent a limo to go pick you up I hope you don’t mind.”

“That was sweet of you but I could have taken a cab,” I replied. “Did you tell the driver my name or something? How am I suppose to find him?”

“He has a sign with your name just look for him,” he answered as I walked towards the drop off and pick up area.

“I see him I think,” I told him. “One second Nick. Hi I’m Taylor Adams.”

“Hi Ms. Adams I’m here to take you to the venue,” said the driver. “Let me take your stuff for you.”

“Thanks,” I said as I gave him my things and got into the limo. “Thanks for the ride Nick but like I said you didn’t have to at all.”

“Hey I don’t need you taking any cab that may get lost trying to find this place,” Nick replied.

“Oh like that will happen they probably know this city better than anyone else,” I told him.

“Probably but I feel safer knowing your not with a taxi driver,” he said. “Well baby I wish I could stay on the phone with you all morning but I can’t. The guys are telling me we have a radio interview to do so I’ll see you when you get here.”

“Ok love you,” I said.

“Love you too,” he replied as we hung up.

As I put my cell phone away I leaned back and sighed with a smile on my face knowing that in a few short minutes I’d be seeing Nick again for the first time in weeks.

******

 

“Thanks,” I said to the limo driver as I grabbed my bags I had brought with me. I looked around and didn’t see anyone. I walked towards the back door of the venue. Nick had left a pass with the driver. As I got closer to the door it opened and out walked AJ.

“Oh my gosh hey,” AJ said shockingly as he gave me a hug. “I didn’t expect for you to be standing there.”

“Surprise,” I smiled. “I just got in a few minutes ago.”

“Well its great seeing you,” he started. “I know Nick is gonna love it that you’re here.”

“Do you know where he is?” I asked.

“Last I saw him he was headed out to his bus to grab a basketball for him and Brian to play inside,” he answered.

“Thanks,” I replied. “Which bus is his?”

“Third from the last,” he answered.

“Thanks AJ I’ll see you later hopefully,” I smiled as I walked towards Nick’s bus.

As I got on the bus I called out for Nick but there wasn’t any answer so I thought that he must be playing basketball already. I put down my bags on the sofa and headed off to find where he had gone off to.

******

 

“Finally after what seemed like forever I find you,” I said as he just did a lay-up.

Nick and Brian turned around as I spoke. You could see Nick’s face just light up knowing I was there and I made him so happy. I had a smile on my face as he ran up to me and picked me up and spun me around. As he sat me back on my feet he leaned in and kissed me passionately.

“Ok enough you two,” Brian cut in. “This is a family-friendly environment here.”

We both laughed as who broke apart.

“Shut up dude,” smiled Nick as he playfully slapped Brian as he still held me tight in his arms.

“Hi Brian,” I said as I gave him a hug as I let go of Nick for a second then returned to his arms.

“So how was the flight?” Nick asked.

“Long,” I replied as Brian left us alone. “I so missed you and couldn’t wait to see you again.”

“I couldn’t wait for you to get here either,” he responded. “You having fun with Jay, Gary, and Joe Don?”

“Just like always,” I answered. “They are just way too funny.”

“Funnier than me?” he asked.

“No ones funny than you other than maybe Brian,” I joked.

“Very funny,” he replied. “I’m the funniest man you’ve ever met and you can’t deny it.”

“Sure whatever you say,” I laughed. “So how much longer until your concert?”

“About two hours,” he answered still holding me tight.

“Good,” I replied. “I’m hungry can we kinda get something to eat?”

“Anything you want,” he answered as we walked off towards the dinning area.

******

 

“You were amazing,” I said as we kissed for the millionth time since we had gotten onto the bus since the concert ended about half an hour ago.

“Your amazing,” Nick told me as our kisses got more and more passionate with each second.

Before we knew it we were in the back of the tour bus stripping off all our clothes and falling onto the bed together.

******

 

“Wow,” I sighed as I laid there about an hour later just laying in Nick’s arms. “I miss being here with you and all this.”

“Me too,” he said as he yawned.

We were driving straight through to the next city. I was laying there getting more and more tired as we drove on. Before I knew it we were both out like a light.

******

 

The sun shined through the blinds on the small window next to the bed. I turned to get the sun out of my eyes so I could sleep more but as I did I felt no one beside me. I opened my eyes and saw that the bed beside me was empty. I sat up and grabbed the blanket to cover myself and looked around the bus. Nick wasn’t anywhere on the bus. I had noticed we weren’t moving either so I peeked out the window to see we had already made it to the next venue.

“He must be with the guys,” I said to myself as I found clothes to put on.

After I got dressed I pulled my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my sunglasses. I stepped off the bus and walked over to the bus right in front of Nicks and knocked on the door.

After about ten knocks I decided to go into the venue and see if Nick happened to be inside with the guys. As I walked in front of Nick’s bus I almost forgot about the pass I needed. I jumped back onto the bus and grabbed my pass and headed inside.

Once inside I looked for the first person in sight. The first person I found was a young lady holding some equipment in her hands.

“Ma’am,” I said as she stopped and turned towards me.

“Yes can I help you?” she asked.

“Yea have you see the group?” I asked.

“The group?” she looked at me weird as I asked my question. “You mean the Backstreet Boys?”

“Yea,” I answered.

“Oh check the dining area,” she said.

“Where’s that?” I asked.

“To the left and all the way back,” she answered.

“Thanks,” I said and walked off.

I walked into the dining area to see Nick sitting with AJ talking.

“Hey baby,” Nick said as I got closer to their table. “I see you got my note.”

“What note?” I asked.

“The one I left on the counter,” he answered.

“Oh I didn’t look there,” I replied. “I found you anyways.”

“Yep,” he said as I sat down next to him.

“Morning AJ,” I said.

“Morning,” AJ replied. “You slept in late today.”

“Oh my gosh it felt so great,” I started. “I usually have to be the first person up for the other tour.”

“I bet,” AJ said. “Well I’m gonna go get ready for the sound check I’ll see you in an hour.”

“See ya,” Nick said as AJ got up and walked out of the room. “So I have a sound check in an hour if you wanna sit in.”

“I’d love to,” I replied. “What are you gonna do after sound check?”

“I think we have a radio station to go to but you can go shopping if you want,” he answered. “New York is one of the best places to shop.”

“I’d love to but not without you,” I said. “If you have time later today we can go for a few.”

“I’ve got maybe an hour off between sound check and the radio interview,” he started. “Maybe we can go tomorrow since we’ve got a day off in the city before we have to be in the next city.”

“Ok,” I replied. “What’s for food?”

“Whatever they have just go ask,” he answered as I got up and walked over to the food.

I grabbed some food and sat back down and ate it before Nick and I went back to the bus so he could get ready for the sound check.

******

 

“So ya’ll are in town for a show tonight at Rockefeller ,” the radio jockey started saying on air. “Are you excited to be back in New York after a few years off?”

“Yeah we are we love New York and wouldn’t do a tour without stopping here,” answered Howie.

The interview went on and asked more questions about the show and how the group was doing and other random questions.

Once it was over we all went back to the venue and had dinner then went our separate ways until we had to meet up for the show later that night.

******

 

“We’re going to one of the best restaurants in town tonight,” said Nick as I sat next to him on the couch in the hotel room the next day.

“But I don’t have anything to wear,” I stated.

“That’s why we’re going shopping this afternoon duh,” he laughed.

“You know we don’t really have to go,” I told him. “I’m happy just staying in with you or getting something from like Olive Garden and bringing it back here for us.”

“We could but how many times do I get to spend with you and show off my favorite lady?” he asked. “Huh?”

“I guess so,” I replied. “Let me get dressed and then we can go shopping.”

“Great,” he responded as I got up and went into the bedroom and got on a pair of shorts and a Rascal Flatts tour t-shirt and a pair of flip flops.

About ten minutes later I was ready to go and walked out of the bedroom towards Nick.

“Oh my gosh,” he started. “You never can get away from them can you.”

“Hey gotta promote the best group ever,” I joked.

“Well then go change shirts cause that’s the wrong group,” he replied.

“Never,” I laughed.

“Crawl,” he replied as I got closer and we kissed. “You ready?”
“Yeah I just gotta grab my purse,” I answered as I grabbed my purse and we headed towards the door.

As we walked out into the hallway we ran into AJ who was just about to go bug Howie for the day. We walked down the hallway after we said hi and stopped by and got Nick’s bodyguard so he could come with us shopping.

About fifteen minutes later we were on the streets of New York walking towards some of the best shops in America.

“Where to first?” he asked me.

“I don’t know,” I replied. “Macy’s probably.”

“Ok Macy’s it is,” he said as we started walking towards Macy’s.

“You know we don’t have to do any of this today,” I said as we walked closer to the store.

“Stop saying that I told you already I want to do this,” he told me.

“Ok,” I replied as we walked inside Macy’s. “Let’s go find something cute for tonight than.”

“Then we gotta find me something,” he responded as we walked towards the women’s dresses.

******

 

“What do you think about this one?” I asked as I spun around showing off the millionth dress I had tried on at Saks Fifth Avenue.

“Perfect,” Nick said.

The dress was hot pink and short and strapless with a pair of beige heels to match.

“Yes now get changed so we can go buy that and then I can get something,” he told me as I walked back into the dressing room to change back into my clothes.

About five minutes later we were checking out and heading towards one of the best tux shops in New York City.

******

 

“Excuse me,” said a young girl from behind us.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Hi I’m a big fan of yours,” she said turning to Nick. “Can I have your autograph and a picture?”

“Sure,” he answered as he signed a piece of paper and took a quick picture.

“Thanks,” she replied.

“Your welcome,” he said as the young girl walked away. “Sorry about that.”

“Its ok,” I replied as we walked inside the tux shop. “You know what you want?”

“Yep I’ve just got to pick it up,” he answered. “I ordered it a week ago. I had this night planned for a while now.”

“Awe really?” I smiled.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Now come on lets hurry up cause our reservations are for 8 and its already 5.”

We grabbed the tux and paid then headed back to the hotel and got ready.

******

 

“Oh my gosh you look amazing,” Nick stood there in the living room of the hotel speechless as I walked out of the bedroom.

“Thanks,” I replied. “You look hot yourself.”

“Thanks,” he said. “You ready?”

“Yes,” I answered as I took his hand in mine to leave.

As we got to the door, right before he opened it, he pulled me close and kissed me passionately. After about a minute or two we headed out for the restaurant.

The bodyguard was waiting for us at the limo as we walked out the front of the hotel. Fans were standing around the front entrance as we came out. Nick signed a few autographs as we mad our way towards the limo and then we got in.

Many of the fans asked questions but Nick didn’t really say anything much to them other than he was running late.

Thirty minutes later we pulled up to the back alley of a building and the door opened. Nick stepped out and held out his hand for me. I took it and got out of the limo as he showed me the way inside. As we walked through the back entrance I couldn’t see anything to know where in New York we might be. All around me so far was pipes and boxes. Then the man who was leading Nick and I to a room opened a pitch black door. I couldn’t see anything around me. The man then took a small flash light out of his pocket and directed us to the middle of the room. A minute later the man was gone and all that was in the room that I knew of was Nick and I.

“Nick where are we?” I asked.

“Taylor,” he started. “I’m gonna have them turn on the lights and I want to ask you something.”

“Ok,” I replied.

“Lights please,” asked Nick.

The lights came on at that moment and illuminated the whole building.

“Oh my gosh,” I gasped as I saw what laid in front of me and all around me.