- Text Size +

“Taylor Adams while you do me the pleaser of being my wife?” Nick asked as he was on one knee inside Tiffany’s in New York City that we had all to ourselves. All over the place was different types of engagement rings.

When the lights had come on a few minutes prier to Nick asking me to marry him I was in awe of where I was. I never thought in a million years that Nick would take me to Tiffany’s and take me to the middle of the store and ask me to marry him.

“Taylor you are the love of my life and without you I’m lost. You keep me sane when I need to be and I love you with all my heart. I want to wake up with your face next to me every morning. I wanna grow old with you. I wanna experience everything with you from now on. I know I never wanted to have kids or get married but with you I see all that happening. Will you marry me?” he asked again as I stood there speechless.

“Nick,” was the first thing I could get out of my mouth. “Yes.” I started to cry as I kept saying yes.

He picked me up and twirled me around. He placed me on my feet a second later and kissed me passionately.

“Ok I thought I’d let you pick out your ring so here you are pick out the one you want,” he told me as I started to look at rings.

“Does my mom and dad know?” I asked as I started to try on rings.

“I asked them a few weeks ago when I was down in Tampa,” he answered.

“Oh my gosh this is so surreal,” I started. “I never pictured this ever happening. Its just like right out of a movie. How many times have you seen Sweet Home Alabama?”

“A few,” he laughed. “I remember seeing it with you one time and you commented on how she was proposed to.”

“Well I love this and will never forget it,” I said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he replied as he kissed me.

“This is it,” I told him as we parted for air and I held up my hand. “I want this ring.”

“Then we’ll take it,” he said as I took it off and handed it to him to buy. “But let me put it on you the right way.” He slipped it on my finger than kissed me again.

******

 

“Nick what’d you buy?” yelled paparazzi as we left Tiffany’s. “How’s the tour going?” They kept yelling different questions but we kept walking towards the limo.

"Sorry about that,“ Nick said to me as we got into the limo. “So I wanted to take you out to eat at Bobby Flay's restaurant.”
"Really?" I asked. "I've always wanted to go there."
"Well great cause I've got reservations for us there," he said.
We sat there just in each others arms as we took in the moment.
Finally after a few minutes I break the silence, "thank you."
"What for?" He asked.
"For being you," I started. "For loving me, for being the man I want to spend the rest of my life with and that you want to spend the rest of your life with me. I don't know how all those years went by and we lost touch. I'm so happy to have you now. I love you more than life itself. Thanks."
"You shouldn't be thanking me," I replied. "I should be the one thanking you for saying yes. I love you."
"I love you too," I responded as I leaned in and kissed him.
Just as we pulled apart for air the limo stopped and the door opened. Nick stepped out first followed by me. As we got out more paparazzi were at it asking more questions.

We kept walked into the restaurant and were seated right away.
"Your waitress will be right with you," said the hostess as she gave us our menus than walked away.
"This all looks great," I said as I studied the menu.
"It does," Nick replied.


******


"Ready to get back to the hotel?" Nick asked as we walked out of the restaurant. We didn’t care about the paparazzi around us. "We're leaving early tomorrow for the next city. We've gotta be there early."
"There’s really nothing else to do tonight that can top what’s already happened," I answered.
"Well I'll tell the limo driver where we're headed," he said as we got closer to the limo. "We're heading back."
"To the hotel?" asked the limo driver.
"Yes," Nick answered.
"Ok sir," the driver replied as he opened the door and we got in.
"So I was thinking," I started saying. "I'm gonna call my parents tomorrow and tell them on our way to the next venue. They should be up. Well at least my dad will since he goes to work early."
"Ok," he replied. "We can call your sister too and the rest of the gang tomorrow too."
"Sounds good to me," I smiled as I laid against his chest.


******


"Nick!" the fans yelled as we stepped out of the limo.
"Sorry," Nick said as he started signing autographs and taking a few pictures.
"Its ok," I replied standing next to him. "I completely understand."
"Is this your girlfriend?" asked one fan boldly.
"Yes," he answered quickly.
As he signed more autographs I spotted this young teenager about 18 or so holding a little girl that looked to be 2 in her arms.

“Hi what’s your name?” I asked the little girl.

“Samantha,” she said shyly.

“Hi Samantha I’m Taylor,” I introduced myself. “Are you her sister?”

“No I’m her mom,” the young lady holding her answered.

“Well you’ve got a really cutie for a kid,” I told her.

“Thanks,” she said.

“You look familiar I’ve seen you somewhere else?” I asked. “Are you from Nashville or Tampa or something?”

“No I’m from here,” she answered.

“For some reason I think I’ve seen you before,” I replied. I looked at her for a seconded and thought to myself for a second. “Do you have a sister in Nashville?” I asked.

“Yeah I’ve got an older sister,” she answered.

“Does she work for Lyric Street Records?” I asked another question.

“I don‘t know,” she started to answer. “All I know is she works for some record company last time I heard. Her name’s Nicole.”

“I Knew Samantha looked familiar cause I could see a similarity in her and Nicole‘s daughter Amy,” I said.

“Do you know her?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I started. “She’s my old roommate before she met Andy and had Amy.”

“Oh my gosh that’s so wild you know her,” she said. “I didn’t know she had a baby girl.”

“Well she’s getting big,” I told her. “She’s the cutest little girl ever and I think she already has a boyfriend with my friend’s son Brad.”

“Awe they must be so cute together,” she responded.

“They are,” I replied. “You should really call up your sister she probably can come see you.”

“I don’t know I haven’t seen her in years,” she told me.

“Well she never talked about any siblings,” I said.

“Well our family split when we were both real young and my mom and sister moved to Nashville while I stayed here with my dad,” she informed me.

“I didn’t know that,” I spoke. “All she talked about was her mom.”

“She hated my dad for splitting up the family,” she told me.

“Well maybe she’d love to see you or hear from you,” I said.

“Maybe, maybe not,” she shrugged. “I’ve tried getting in touch with her when I was pregnant but that didn’t happen.”

“I’m sorry,” I told her. “How about this next time I see her I’ll tell her about you and tell her you want to get to know her again.”

“You’ll really do that?” she asked.

“Sure,” I answered. “I just gotta get your number and I’ll give it to her.”

“Deal,” she smiled and then gave me her number.

“Baby come on,” Nick interrupted us.

“Oh sorry,” I turned towards Nick and said. “It was great meeting you. What’s your name? I don’t think I got it earlier.”

“Oh no sorry I’m June like June Carter Cash,” she answered. “My dad loved her when I was born so I’m named after her.”

“Oh cool,” I replied. “Well I’ve got to get going. I’ve gotta be up early tomorrow. It was great meeting you. Bye Samantha.”

“Bye,” they both said as I walked away with Nick.

“Sorry about that,” I started. “That was Nicole’s sister and her daughter.”

“I never knew Nicole had a sister,” Nick said.

“Me either until we started to talk,” I told him. “I’m gonna ask Nicole later when I talk to her.”

Chapter End Notes:
I've got a major project to still do but as soon as its done I'll update more. Hope you liked this chapter.