- Text Size +

“So how’s Amy?” I asked as I laid in the bed in the back of Nick’s tour bus as he was getting us our lunch.

“She’s great,” Nicole replied. “She can now stand up all by herself.”

“Awe that’s great,” I smiled. “I so can’t wait to see her in a week.”

“Well I can’t wait to see you in a week,” she responded.

“Hey guess who I ran into?” I asked her.

“Who?” she replied.

“Your sister,” I told her.

“My sister?” she asked kinda shocked. “How’d you know I had a sister?”

“Well I was walking with Nick back into the hotel the other night,” I started. “I stopped to talk to her baby and she looked so much like Amy and all. I asked if she was from Nashville or something cause I knew I had seen someone like her before. Then we got to talking and found out you are her sister. She’d love to see you. She wants you to see her daughter too.”

“She has a baby?” she asked.

“Yeah a little two year old,” I answered.

“But she’s so young,” she replied.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “Well she gave me here number so you can call her if you want to.”

“Ok,” she said and then I gave her the number.

“Hey I gotta go cause Nick’s back with lunch,” I told her. “I’ll talk to you later love ya.”

“Love ya too,” she said and then hung up.

“Who was that?” Nick asked walking closer to me.

“Nicole I was just telling her about meeting June and Samantha,” I answered.

“Oh cool,” he replied. “Here’s your burger.”

“Thanks,” I said as I took my burger and started eating it.

“Did you tell Nicole and Melissa about the engagement yet?” he asked.

“Not yet I was gonna tell them when I get to Nashville with Rascal Flatts next week,” I answered. “When are we gonna tell the guys?”

“We should tell them before the concert probably,” he replied. “Have you called your parents?”

“I was gonna do that after lunch,” I told him. “Maybe I should call and tell Melissa and Nicole just incase it gets out before then.”

“Maybe,” he said as he took another bite of his food.

“I’m gonna call them,” I replied as I grabbed my phone and started dialing my parents number.

“Hello,” said my mom on the other line.

“Hey Mom,” I said. “I’ve got some news for you.”

“What’s that?” she asked knowing what it might be.

“Nick proposed,” I squealed. “We’re engaged.”

“Oh my gosh congratulations baby,” she smiled. “Your father is gonna be so happy when he hears the news. He’s at work still.”

“Well when you tell him tell him I love him,” I said.

“I will,” she replied. “Well I’ve got something in the oven I’ve gotta grab I’ve gotta go. I’ll talk to you later baby. Congratulations again. Love you.”

“Love you too Mom,” I responded. “Bye.”
“Bye,” she said as we hung up.

“Ok so one down now I’ve gotta call Jessica,” I told Nick as I searched for my sister’s number on my phone.

“Hello,” Jessica said on the other line.

“Hey,” I started. “Guess what?”

“What?” she asked.

“I’m engaged,” I screamed with a smile on my face.

“That’s great congratulations,” she said.

“Now we’re both engaged,” I told her. “Nicole is too, but I think my wedding will be way after both of yours.”

“We’ll see,” she replied. “So how’s touring going? I haven’t talked to you in a few weeks.”

“Its going great,” I started. “I’m on tour with Nick right now until the end of this week when I go back to the Rascal Flatts tour.”

“Well I hope to see you when the tour stops here in Tampa,” she told me.

“I hope I get to see you too,” I responded. “Hey I gotta go I’ve got a few more people to call and then Nick’s got a sound check to go to.”

“Ok take care and tell Nick I said hi,” she said.

“Ok I will bye,” I replied.

“Bye,” she said as we hung up the phone.

“So who next?” asked Nick.

“I guess I gotta call Melissa and then Nicole again,” I answered dialing Melissa’s number.

“Hello,” said Jake as he answered the phone.

“Hey Jake,” I started. “This is Taylor is Melissa there?”

“Yeah just a moment,” he answered as he got Melissa.

“Hello,” Melissa said.

“Hey girl,” I replied.

“Hey how are you?” she asked.

“Great couldn’t be better,” I started to answer. “I’m engaged.”

“Oh my gosh congratulations girl,” she almost screamed over the phone. “Finally you two are gonna settle down.”

“Ha ha very funny,” I smiled. “I didn’t even think this was coming.”

“Well we’re all happy for you,” she replied.

“Well thanks,” I said. “Hey I’ve gotta call Nicole I forgot to tell her earlier when I was on the phone cause I didn’t know if Nick wanted to tell people our not.”

“Oh well she’s actually here now,” she informed me. “She just got here since we’re both heading out shopping for the kids some new clothes. Let me get her.”

“Hey,” said Nicole as she took the phone from Melissa.

“Nick proposed!” I screamed practically in her ear.

“Congratulations,” she responded. “Speaking of weddings did you ever get the dress fitted?”

“I have an appointment in two weeks when I have a day break to get it fitted in Texas,” I told her.

“Oh great,” she smiled. “I hope you like it.”

“I love it,” I replied. “Hey there’s someone at the door I gotta go but I’ll talk to you later. Tell everyone I said hi and I love them.”

“Ok bye,” she said.

“Bye,” I responded as I pressed the end button and AJ walked on the bus as Nick walked back towards the back with him.

“Morning,” said AJ.

“Hey,” I replied.

“So you ready for the sound check Nick?” he asked.

“Yeah,” answered Nick as he put on his sneakers. “You coming babe?”

“wouldn’t miss it for anything,” I answered. “Oh I talked to the girls and they are so excited.”

“More then you?” Nick asked.

“Never,” I smiled as I got closer to him and kissed him.

“Ok you two break it up,” joked AJ.

“Yours on my bus so no,” Nick laughed.

“I’ll meet you both inside,” AJ said then walked off the bus towards the venue.

“When are you wanting to tell them?” I asked.

“How about when everyone’s together inside the venue,” suggested Nick.

“Sounds great,” I replied. “Let’s go I’m ready.”

******

 

“Hey,” Nick said as we walked into the dressing room with all the guys and their families in there with them.

“You wanna tell them now or in a few,” I whispered to Nick.

“I say now,” he whispered back.

“I told my friends you tell yours,” I told him.

“What are you two over there whispering about?” asked AJ being nosey.

I looked at Nick as he start to speak.

“Well,” he paused.

“We’re engaged,” I interrupted not being able to keep it in any longer. I stuck my hand in font of me to show off my beautiful tiffany ring.

Congratulations spread around the room as they hugged Nick and I. The girls each took their time to look at how beautiful my ring was and each to give their own opinion about it.

“So how’d he propose?” asked Leigh as all the women stood at one side of the room talking and the guys at the other.

“He took me out shopping for a real nice dress during the day and then right before dinner he took me to Tiffany’s without me knowing. He had them turn off the lights and I was lead by a small flashlight to the center of the room. Nick took my hand and when the lights came on he was down on one knee asking me to marry him.”

“Aww,” the ladies said all together.

“That is so sweet and romantic,” said Leighanne.

“I thought I was literally in a movie last night,” I told them.

******

 

“Great show honey,” I told Nick a he walked out of the dressing room that night after the show. “Tomorrow we leave for Jessica’s wedding you know?”

“I know I can’t believe that your baby sister is getting married,” Nick answered.

“I know I always thought I’d be married first,” I started. “But it won’t be long before we’re married too. I wonder who will be the first one to have kids. I’d probably say us but then she’d probably be pregnant the moment she gets back from the Bahamas.”

“True but no one ever knows when their gonna have kids,” he replied.

“True,” I said as we walked onto his bus. “So you liked Tommy when you met him?”

“He was really nice and looked a lot like someone your sister would date,” he answered.

“I glad,” I responded. “I can’t believe the first time I’m meeting my future brother-in-law is at my sister’s wedding.”

“I know,” he said as I grabbed out my laptop and sat it on the bed as he laid next to me.

“I was thinking,” I started.

“Oh no,” he joked.

“Very funny,” I continued. “Anyways I was thinking that next time we both see each other we start working on wedding plans. I mean I can find a dress and bridesmaid dresses and stuff and you could look for tuxes and stuff but we need to really work on everything else together.”

“Well next time we see each other is at probably Nicole’s wedding in September,” he told me.

“True,” I agreed. “Man I can’t believe how busy we both are.”

“Hey that’s what happens when you’re a manager and I’m a famous singer,” he said as I typed away online. “So what are you googleing?”

“Oh I’m trying to find a good wedding planning website that will help me,” I answered. “Ooo this one seems really good.”

“What does it have?” he asked.

“Everything that you could think of,” I answered. “I’m gonna sign up since its free and start planning our wedding.”

“Well you already know there isn’t really any budget you need to stick with and all,” he told me.

“I know,” I replied. “Let’s just start planning now so that its easier down the road.”

“Ok,” he said as we both started looking at the website.

******

 

“Finally we’re here,” I sighed as we got our luggage from the airport and headed out to the taxi cabs. “Jessica wants us to meet at my folks house since that’s where we’re staying.”

“Ok,” he replied as we found a taxi and got in.

“Hillsborough and Central Ave. please,” I told the taxi driver as he dove towards my parents house.

Before we knew it the driver was at the intersection of Hillsborough and Central Ave.

“Turn right here and we need to go three blocks down then to the left and it would be the first house at the corner,” I informed the driver. “Right here is great.”

He stopped and we got our stuff and paid the man then walked towards the house.

As I got to the door I rang the bell and stood back close to Nick.

“One second,” I heard a lady say from inside as she came to open the door. “Taylor!”

“Jessica!” I screamed back as I gave her a big hug.

“Oh my gosh its great to see you,” she started. “Nick how are you its been forever since I’ve seen the both of you.”

“I’m great,” he replied. “How are you?”

“Stressed but better since my big sister is here with me,” she smiled. “Come on in. Mom Taylor and Nick are here.”

My mom came out of the kitchen just as we walked into the house and put down our luggage.

“Oh my gosh hey baby,” my mom said as she gave Nick and I a hug. “I haven’t seen you in a while. I missed you. It was great seeing Nick though. Congratulations about the engagement let me see that ring of yours.”

I lifted my hand towards my mom as I smiled, “we picked it out together in New York at Tiffany’s. Mom you should have see it I never thought in a million years he would do what he did.”

“Well your very fortunate that you found a man like you did,” my mom said smiling at Nick. “Now come on in and get comfortable lunch should be ready in about 5 minutes. I put you with your sister in her room and Nick in your room if that’s ok.”

“That’s fine,” I replied. “We’re gonna go take our stuff up there will be right back.”

Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you loved it. I'm gonna try to get more out soon I'm in the mood to write right now so maybe tomorrow I can post another one or maybe sooner. I'm also coming up with a sequel to this story. I just can't stop thinking. Will see what happens though. lol. I have maybe a chapter written of the sequel but it won't come out until this story is done. Please tell me what you think about this chapter.