- Text Size +

“My plane just landed and I just picked up my bags,” I told Nick as I landed in Indianapolis at the first stop on the tour since it picked up again from my break. “I’m on my way to meet up with the guys for the show tomorrow night.”

“Well I’ve just arrived at the venue to meet up with the guys for the sound check today,” he informed me. “I’m sorry to have to cut this short but I’ve gotta go get ready for the sound check. I love you.”

“Love you too,” I replied as I hung up my cell phone and got into a taxi and told him where to go.

******

 

“Sorry I’m just so tired lately,” I yawned as we got ready for a sound check a few days later.

“I know its just hard to get back into work mod after being off for a few days,” Jay said as we walked towards the stage.

“Ok lets see what time is it,” I said as I checked my cell phone. “Ok so in about two minutes the sound check will start and while ya’ll are doing that I’m gonna make sure some things are ready for later since I’m behind schedule today.”

******

 

“Taylor wake up,” I heard someone say as they tapped me on the shoulder. “Taylor come on wake up.”

“Oh my gosh,” I almost screamed as I woke up later on that day. “I’m so sorry this has never happened before. Oh my gosh I can’t believe I actually feel asleep. I just came in here to do some things and ended up falling asleep. How was the sound check?”

“It went well we handled it all ourselves,” Joe Don answered. “We thought that maybe you got just a little to carried away with your work that you forgot what time it was.”

“I am so sorry,” I apologized yet again. “I don’t know where my head’s be lately. Ooo my back is killing me.” I got up slowly as I placed my hand on my lower back.

“You ok?” he asked.

“Yeah I think its just this couch,” I answered. “I’m gonna just finish up some work and then grab some food before the show tonight. You and the guys can do whatever if you want.”

“Ok,” he replied. “I’ll see you at 7.”

“Ok,” I said as he walked out the room and left me to all my work.

******

 

The next morning I was laying in bed just waking up and heard my cell phone start to ring. I got up and as I did my back started to hurt me again.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey Taylor,” said Gary on the other line. “Just called to ask you if we’re still meeting in the dining room of the venue at 9?”

“Yeah,” I answered. We had gotten in late the night before and just stayed on the bus. “What time is it now?”

“8:15,” he answered.

“Ok,” just then I felt so sick to my stomach. I ran towards the bathroom as I continued. “Hold on a sec…” was all I could get out before I threw up.

“Taylor you ok?” he asked over the phone that was laying right next to me on the phone. With no answer he turned around. “Joe Don I think Taylor’s sick or something. She told me to hold on and I heard throwing up in the background.”

“Maybe she is sick,” Joe Don replied. “Let me go check on her.”

“Ok,” he said. “I’ll stay on the line just incase she comes back on.”

Joe Don walked out the venue and towards my bus. He knocked on the door and within a second was inside my bus.

“Taylor,” he yelled as he walked towards the back. “Taylor.” As he got closer to the bathroom he heard me throw up again. “Taylor oh my gosh are you alright?”

“I think I might have caught something,” I started to say but was interrupted by having to throw up.

“You don’t look so good,” he replied. “Maybe we should send you to the hospital so you could get checked out and get better quicker.”

“I don’t know,” I said. “I can’t stand hospitals.”

“Well I’d be more satisfied if I knew you were ok,” he told me. “I’ll have an ambulance here in a few to take you.”

“You really don’t have to,” I tried to tell him, but it was no use before I knew it he was calling 911.

About ten minutes later the ambulance had arrived and were checking me out.

“We’re just going to take you down to the hospital for some blood work and see what’s wrong and then you can come back depending on what’s the problem,” one of the medics told me as they lead me to the ambulance.

“We’ll manage without you for one night,” Jay said as she left.

I was soon rushed into the hospital and taken back for examining. I was put into a gown and taken into a room where the nurse would come and take my blood.

About an half an hour later a nurse walked in, “Ms. Adams.”

“Yes,” I replied as I set up. Again my hand flow to my back as it hurt.

“I’m here to take your blood,” she told me. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah I just think I slept wrong earlier today while at work,” I answered. “I feel asleep on the couch in the dressing room that’s all.”

“Ok well let take your blood so we can see what’s up with you,” she said as she prepped my arm to take the blood.

About ten minutes later she was done and taking the blood off to get tested. She told me to just sit tight and weight and she’d be back in a few hours with the test.

I laid back onto the bed and turned on the TV they had in the room and started flipping through the channels.

Nothing was on the channels I had flipped past so far. By the time I had gone through the whole thing the only thing on was The Beverly Hillbilly’s so I ended up watching them. Before I knew it I was asleep on the bed still waiting for the nurse to get back with me.

About three hours later the nurse walked in the room.

“Ms. Adams,” the nurse woke me up.

“Yes,” I replied once I was awake.

“I have the results,” she said as she came closer to me.

“Ok,” I sat up as I spoke.

“Ms. Adams,” she started. “Your test results show that you…”

******

 

“Nick,” I said to his answering machine as I cried. “I’ve got some news. Please call me back as soon as you get this. I love you. Bye.”

I seat there on my bus later that night thinking about what the nurse had told me earlier. I didn’t know what to do but I knew I had to talk to Nick.

I had gotten back to the venue after the show had ended that night and went straight to my bus and to my bed. I curled up with Lucy and just waited for Nick to call back.

A few minutes later I heard my phone ring and grabbed it quickly.

“Hello,” I said without looking at the number calling in.

“Hey Taylor you feeling any better?” asked Joe Don.

“I’m good,“ I sighed disappointed that it wasn’t Nick calling.

“Well I’m glad,” he replied. “Well I just called to see how you where. I’m gonna let you get some rest. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. If you need anything call. I don’t care what time it is just call.”

“Thanks,” I said, “I gotta go there’s a call on the other line. I think its Nick.”

“Ok talk to you later,” he responded.

“Later,” I said as I flipped over to the other line. “Hello.”

“Hey I baby my show just ended and I just got your message what’s up,” he asked. “You sounded so scared and like it was bad news.”

“Let me start from the beginning so you understand what I’m about to say,” I started as he just listened. “I was rushed to the hospital this mornin…”

“What what’s wrong is everything fine are you ok?” he asked as he interrupted me.

“I’m fine,” I answered. “I just got really sick this morning and Joe Don thought it would be good for me if I went to the hospital to get check out. He called the ambulance and everything. They took me in and did blood work too.”

“And what did they find out?” he asked.

“I’d really like to say it more face to face then over the phone,” I started to cry.

“Baby its ok,” he said. “Whatever it is we can get through it together.”

“I just really need to say it to you in person,” I cried. “I can’t do this on the phone.”

“Baby its ok whatever it is you can tell me,” he tried to calm me down.

“Nick its just hard to say here on the phone,” I told him.

“I’ll be at your next stop tomorrow,” he said. “I’m gonna take the next plane out of here. Where are you gonna be tomorrow?”

“Cincinnati,” I replied. “Thank you.”

“For what?” he asked.

“For just being there even if I can’t tell you over the phone,” I answered. “Its just to personal to tell you over the phone. But I do love you more then anything and wish I could tell you but its just to big to do.”

“Well I’ll be there as fast as I can,” he replied.

“What about your show tomorrow?” I asked.

“I’ll tell the guys to cancel it I have to be with you,” he answered as I smiled.

“Thanks,” I said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he replied as we hung up.

******

 

“Hey guys,” Nick said after he called them all to meet before they headed off for the next venue.

“What’s up Nick it sounded pretty important?” asked Kevin.

“I’ve gotta catch a flight to Cincinnati tonight,” he answered.

“Why?” they all asked at once.

“Taylor needs me,” he started. “She called me and said she was rushed to the emergency room today and she needed to talk to me in person. She wouldn’t tell me what was wrong over the phone at all.”

“I hope she’s ok,” Brian said.

“What about the show tomorrow?” asked AJ.

“Can you reschedule it cause I gotta be there,” he answered. “I wish I could be at two places at once but I can’t.”

“How long will you be gone?” Howie asked.

“I don’t know hopefully not long so we don’t have to reschedule more then one show,” he answered. “Sorry guys but I gotta go call the airlines and pack my bags. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Ok,” they replied.

“We’ll be praying for her,” Brian chimed in as Nick ran towards his bus with his cell phone now at his ear.

******

 

“Taylor,” Nick said as he ran up to her and grabbed her in his arms.

“I’m so happy you’re here,” I smiled and started to cry. “Let’s go back to my bus.”

Once they were inside the bus and sitting on the bed together Nick turned towards me and asked, “so what’s the news?”

“Nick promise no matter what you won’t run away,” I started. “Promise you will stay around no matter what happens. Promise you’ll love me no matter what I say and will be there for me when I need support or someone to lean on or call on at any moment.”

“I promise more then anything,” he replied. “I love you and no matter what it is will work through it. We’re tough enough to get through it.”

“I hope so,” I whispered while lowering my head.

“We will,” he said as he lifted my head to look him in the eyes. “Now tell me I’ve been wanting to know ever since you told me you had some news. I’ve been worried sick come on spill.”

“Nick,” I started looking in his eyes. I started to cry as I did this.

“Its ok,” he told me as he wiped away the tears that were already on my face.

“I,” I started to stutter. “I, I, I uh.”

“What is it Taylor?” he asked.

“Nick,” I said. “I’m…”

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

Hoped you liked it. I'm probably not going to get as much writing done as I'd like to this weekend due to having homework to do and going to Grad Bash tomorrow night. But I'll try my hardest. Hope you loved it. Tell me what you think.