- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

“Your what?” he asked again.

“I’m pregnant,” I finally answered.

“What?” he shockingly asked.

“I’m three months pregnant,” I answered again starting to cry. “I’m sorry I made you come all the way out here just to hear that but I thought you needed to know that in person.”

“Wow,” was all he managed to get out.

“Nick please say something,” I said sitting next to him.

“When are you due?” he asked.

“February 20,” I answered.

“Brian’s birthday,” he said.

“Yeah,” I replied. “Are you happy?”
“I don’t know,” he answered. “I never really thought about kids.”

“Well,” I started. “Here’s one what do you think now?”

“I’m gonna be there for you no matter what,” he responded. “We’re gonna have to work something out with our busy touring schedules. One of us is gonna have to change theirs to go with the other.”

“I never thought of that,” I said. “I guess I was just worried about how you’d take the baby news that I didn’t think about our jobs.”

“Well we have a few months to get things under control,” he told me. “Let’s just take everything slowly right now.”

“I agree,” I said as I laid on the bed and he joined me.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” I responded as I scooted closer to him.

******

 

“Ok one show for you to miss is enough,” I told Nick the next morning after breakfast and some morning sickness I had gone through again. Man did I hate morning sickness.

“But I don’t want to leave you,” he replied.

“I’ll be ok,” I tried to convince him. “I’ve got some great guys here to look after me. Jay has a couple kids and knows what its like to be around someone pregnant ok.”

“I know but I just want to be with you,” he said as we laid in bed together.

“The guys are probably wanting you at the next stop so they don’t have to reschedule anymore,” I told him. “You just got back tonight and have an amazing concert in whatever city your in.”

“I wish I could just take you with me,” he said.

“I wish too,” I started. “But we both know we’ve got jobs that both need us and we can’t be filled. Well at least you can’t.”

“Hey don’t talk like that,” he told me. “I guess I’ll call and get a flight out the earliest possible so I can try and be at sound check.”

“What’s gonna happen if you miss it?” I asked.

“They’ll just go on without me and I’ll be there tonight for the show,” he answered. “That’s what their gonna have to do.”

“Well I hope you get there so you can go to sound check cause I know a lot of those women are there to see you,” I told him.

******

 

Just as Nick arrived at the venue later that day he heard the sound check going on. It was half way through and the guys had already sang a few songs.

Just as a fan was asking a question Nick walked out onto the stage.

“Sorry I’m late,” he apologized and grabbed his microphone.

As Nick took a place on stage Brian walked up next to him, “You barley made it.”

“I know,” he replied as he turned his attention towards the group of fans at the sound check.

“My questions for Nick,” asked one fan.

“Ok,” he responded.

“I heard that your engaged is that true?” she asked.

Nick was stunned by the question that was just asked. He had a million things running through his mind at that moment. He didn’t want to really say anything about that or even maybe slip about the baby either.

“That’s too personal of a question,” Kevin stepped in to answer. “We don’t want to talk about our personal lives here. Anyone else got a question.”

Nick made a mental list to thank Kevin later for stepping in and saying that.

About thirty minutes later they were just finishing up taking pictures with the fans and getting ready to head backstage.

“Ok sorry guys but the guys have to go get ready for the show tonight,” Johnny Wright said. “We’ll see you all at the show tonight. Thanks for coming.”

Just then the guys said their goodbyes and started heading towards the back of the stage.

“Kevin,” Nick called as they got in the back.

“Yeah,” Kevin answered as he turned around. “What’s up?”

“Thanks,” he replied. “For what you did out there. I don’t think Taylor would want me to say anything without her here probably.”

“Your welcome,” Kevin responded. “Speaking of Taylor how is she?”

“She’s doing good,” he answered. “The doctor said its nothing nine months won’t cure.”

Kevin turned towards Nick and stopped dead in his tracks.

“What?” Kevin said. “Are you telling me she’s…”

“Pregnant?” he replied.

“Yeah,” Kevin answered.

“Yep,” he responded.

“How far along?” Kevin asked.

“Three months,” he answered.

“Does anyone know?” Kevin asked another question.

“I don’t think so,” he answered. “If anyone did it would probably be Joe Don or her parents cause she’s close to them.”

“Well congratulations,” Kevin said. “How are you handling the news?”

“Surprisingly really well,” he replied. “I never thought this would happen. I never thought I’d being getting married either, but still I’m kinda excited. At first it was a shock but then I realized how in love I am with Taylor and how more then ever I want to be with her and have this baby.”

“Well I’m glad,” Kevin hugged him.

“Please don’t tell anyone other then maybe Kristin,” he told Kevin. “I don’t know if she’s wanting to tell everyone just yet.”

“Mum’s the word,” Kevin replied.

“Thanks,” he said as they walked to the dressing room to catch up with the guys.

“Man you guys are slow,” joke AJ as they walked into the room.

“Ha ha very funny,” Nick laughed as they sat down on the couch.

“So how’s Taylor?” asked Brian. “Seems like she has to be ok if you’re here.”

“You could say that,” he answered.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” asked Howie.

“Well she was rush to the hospital yesterday early in the morning,” he started. “Joe Don was the one who called the ambulance for her. He made her go to at least get checked out. Good thing he did.”

“Why?” asked Brian.

“Cause she found out she’s pregnant,” he answered not missing a beat.

“What?!” they all said at the same time shocked.

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “That was my same reaction but I’ve kinda come to like the idea.”

“Well we’re happy for you but we’re just worried that you are gonna be prepared like you need to be for the baby,” said Brian. “We’re here if you need any of us.”

“Thanks,” he responded. “But please don’t go telling other people cause Taylor hasn’t even told her parents yet. I don’t need it getting around to them and them calling up mad at me cause I knocked up their daughter before she was married.”

“We won’t say a thing,” replied AJ. “When’s she due?”

“February 20th,” he laughed.

“My birthday,” Brian smiled. “How funny.”

“Yeah I know I thought it was just so funny that she told me that,” he replied. Just then his cell phone went off and he pulled his phone out of his pocket. “I gotta take this its Taylor,” he told the guys as he walked out of the room. “Hey baby.”

“Hey,” I replied. “We just ended sound check and wanted to call and see if you made it in time for your sound check.”

“I made it half way through,” he responded.

“Good so you didn’t leave the fans disappointed for you not showing up,” I said. “Did you tell anyone about the baby?”

“Just the guys but that’s it you?” he asked.

“I told Joe Don when he came in to see how I was today,” I answered. “I’m gonna tell Jay and Gary in a few when I get the chance I’ve just been so busy that I haven’t gotten any real downtime.”

“Maybe all the stress of your job isn’t good for the baby,” he said. “Maybe you should quit.”

“I don’t know Nick I love my job,” I told him. “I don’t know if I could quit now during one of the biggest tours for these guys.”

“How about after the tour ends then,” he suggested.

“I don’t know,” I started. “We’ll see.”

“Ok,” he replied as he changed the subject. “So when are you gonna tell your parents and Jessica?”

“I was planning on calling them today,” I answered. “When are you gonna tell your family?”

“I’ll call them later when I get the chance,” he replied.

“Hey sorry but I’ve gotta run we’ve got an interview to head to,” I told him. “I’ll talk to you tonight if I’m not to tired.”

“Ok ,” he responded. “Stay safe and take good care of yourself.”

“I will,” I promised. “I love you.”

“Love you too,” he replied. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I said as we hung up.

******

 

“Hello,” I heard a women say on the other line.

“Mom,” I replied.

“Hey baby what’s up?” she asked.

“Nothing much,” I answered. “Got something to tell you and Daddy. Is he there with you?”

“Yeah one second let me put you on loudspeaker,” she told me as she got my daddy. “Ok we’re both here.”

“Ok,” I took a deep breath. “Now don’t get mad or hate me or Nick.”

“Ok,” they said wanting to know what was going on.

“We’re gonna have a baby,” I said waiting for their response.

“Oh my gosh,” my mom squealed. “When did you find this out?”
“Two days ago,” I replied.

“Oh my gosh,” my mom said again. “When are you due?”

“February 20,” I answered. “It’s Nick’s best friend Brian’s birthday”

“How cute,” she replied. “How are you holding up?”

“Good,” I responded. “I’ve got Gary here who has kids so he knows what to expect from a pregnant women and his wife comes on tour every now and then so I’ve got her too. Then I’ve got Leighanne when I see Nick on tour.”

“Well that’s great,” she said.

“Congratulations baby,” my dad spoke up.

“Thanks Daddy,” I replied. “Hey I’m sorry to cut it short but I gotta call Jessica and get ready for a show. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok love you baby,” my mom said.

“Love you too,” I responded as I hung up and called Jessica and told her the news.

******

 

Later that night after the show I was laying on the bed talking to Nick.

“My mom was so happy,” I told him. “She wasn’t mad at all.”

“Great, he replied. “My dad was happy for us and so was my sister’s and Aaron.”

“Great,” I said as I yawned. “I gotta get some sleep. Can I call you back tomorrow?”
“Yeah,” he answered. “Love you. Take care.”

“I will love you too,” I told him and hung up and placed my phone on the charger. I turned out the light in the back room and fell asleep.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
I got a chance to update before I leave today but I'll try and write more soon after I do my homework.