- Text Size +

“Where is everyone?” I asked as I walked into the venue? “I need everyone ready for sound check in twenty cause we’re running way behind schedule.”

We had a late start the night before and then this morning I was behind yet again do to not feeling good.

“Sean tell Kim that we need the stage ready for sound check and then tell her to work on getting everything else ready for the show,” I told Sean, an assistant to Kim, as he walked by. He nodded and headed off to find Kim.

“Jay,” I yelled as I saw him on the other side of the room. “If you see Joe Don and Gary tell them your on in fifteen minutes.”

“Ok,” Jay yelled back as he went off to tell the guys.

“I can’t take this anymore,” I said to myself as I took a deep breath.

******

 

“Rats,” I screamed as another thing went wrong during the sound check. First it was the speakers, then it was the microphones, and now it was the weather messing with the electricity. “Ok lets just try our best to go on.”

About an hour later I sat in a chair backstage doing some work as another electric problem was brought to me. I told them to go contact the electrician and have him fix whatever problem it was and let me get back to my very stressful work.

“You need to eat Taylor,” said Joe Don as he walked into the room.

“I’m not hungry,” I replied. “I’ve got to get this paper work done before the show. I don’t have time to talk.”

“Taylor its not good to skip a meal,” he advised me.

“I told you I’m not hungry,” I snapped back at him. “I can take care of myself. Now just go get ready for the show. Its in two hours.”

“Calm down you don’t need to stress out,” he told me.

“Don’t tell me what I should and shouldn’t do right now,” I yelled. “Just leave me alone.”

“Fine,” he replied as got up and walked out the room.

As he left I was angry and went back to my work. After a few minutes I laid back and breathed really deep then let it out. I couldn’t believe I’d yelled at Joe Don like I did. I didn’t mean too. I then got up from my seat and started after Joe Don.

As I saw him I spoke, “Joe Don I’m sorry. I’m just under so much stress. I hope you forgive me.”

“I forgave you when you were yelling at me,” he started. “I know your under a lot of stress but I was just thinking that you needed to eat not just for you but for the baby.”

“Thanks,” I said as I gave him a hug. “I’m actually hungry right now. I was thinking of going to the cafeteria and getting a sandwich and some fruit. Wanna join me?”

“Love to but I’ve gotta go do some things before the show tonight,” he answered.

“Ok,” I replied and turned around towards the cafeteria.

******

 

Being four months along and on the road is hard not just on me but on everyone. I take out a lot of my emotions out on they guys while we’re in between sound check and show time or between venues. Or even when Nick would call I would take it out on him. I knew it wasn’t right but my hormones were all out of whack.

Today was a day where we were on the road going a long distance from one venue to the next and we would be going back home to Nashville for two days. So here I was on the road watching TV.

"Sorry ladies rumor has it hottie Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is engaged to Rascal Flatts manager Taylor Adams," said Ryan Seacrest as he announced the number two thing on the top ten show on E!. "A source close to the couple said they got engaged while Taylor was on break from the Rascal Flatts tour a few weeks ago. Nick popped the question right before he and Taylor took off for Tampa to attend a wedding. But no word yet from either's camp but we will keep you updated on this happy couple."
I turned off the TV and sighed, "who could the freakin' source be?"

“Number one story tonight,” Ryan started to say as I flipped the station after hearing about Nick and I.

“Brad get off the phone we need to talk,” I heard Jill say as I came upon Home Improvement.

“I guess nothing else good is on,” I said to myself as I left it on that channel while I tried to get a nap in before I had to start working on more paper work.

About ten minutes later as I was about to go into a deep sleep I heard my cell phone start ringing, “I already see us moving mountains
I already see us walk in water
I already see the clouds we're flying
Over and under
I can really see us having babies
Walking through the park and being lazy
I already see myself falling in love eternally
And I think that's just the way it's gonna be
And I think that's just the way it's gonna be
.”

I got up as I heard it finish and answered sleepily, “Hello.”

“Hey baby,” I heard Nick say on the other line. “Sorry did I wake you up?”

“Kinda I was just falling asleep,” I answered. “What’s up.”

“I’m sorry,” he started. “Maybe I should let you go.”

“No its ok,” I told him. “Just go on I’m up now.”

“Oh well I was just calling to see how you were doing,” he said. “I got a call from Joe Don a few ago and he told me how your stressing out a lot. You know what the doctor said. You shouldn’t being doing anything that stresses you out.”

“I know but its my job,” I informed him. “I’m so glad we’re on the road right now cause I’m just sleeping as much as possible.”

“Ok,” he said. “I’m gonna go so you can get some sleep and I’ve gotta get ready for the sound check.”

“Ok love you,” I replied.

“Love you too,” he responded.

After I hung up I curled back up under the blankets and fell fast asleep.

******

 

Just as I was about to grab my phone out the next day there came a knock at my bus door. I got up as the person knocked again.
"On my way," I yelled as I opened the door. "Hey Jay."
"Hey Taylor just wanted to see if you wanted to grab a bite to eat with me and the guys and our girls," Jay said.
"Yeah sure let me just grab my purse and my shoes and we can head out," I told him as I went back onto the bus.

******

"I so remember that," I laughed as we talked about funny things that happened on tour so far. "I'm so gonna miss this tour after we end next month." It was already late September and the tour would end in mid October.
"Yeah I know," Gary replied as he looked at his watch. "Guys its getting late we should head back to get ready for the show tonight."
"Yeah maybe we should," Joe Don agreed as we paid for our bill.

As we walked out surrounding the restaurant was paparazzi waiting for me to come out.

“Taylor,” they yelled.

“Is it try about you and Nick?” they asked. “Are you engaged. When’s the Wedding.”

We just kept walking until we got to the limo that was waiting for us to take us back to the venue.
Before we knew it we were back at the venue getting prepared for the show.

“Hey,” I said as I answered the phone.

“Hey baby,” replied Nick. “So you doing better after your nap yesterday?”

“I’m doing much better,” I answered. “Still tired but I’m good. Took a little of the stress off me. How are you?”

“Good just getting ready for sound check and thought I’d call you,” he responded.

“Cool,” I said. “Oh did you hear what’s the new buzz?”

“No What?” he asked.

“Us,” I replied.

“What?” he started to ask. “Us why?”

“It was on E! yesterday in the number two spot for celebrity gossip,” I told him. “They were talking about how some source close to us told them that we’re engaged and that it happened while I was on break from the tour.”

“I never listen to those things,” he said. “They say weird stuff sometimes.”

“But this isn’t weird its true,” I replied.

“I know it is but who cares about them,” he said.

“Well I brought this up because while I was at lunch today with the guys the paparazzi were out there taking pictures and asking questions,” I told him.

“Just ignore them,” he advised me.

“I did,” I replied. “But they kept asking questions. I hope they’ll stop soon. I never thought that this many people would be after a picture of me just cause I’m marrying a Backstreet Boy. Why can’t they be just wanting pictures of the guys their more famous then me.”

“Baby its cause I’ve always been the baby of the group and had all the women after me,” he joked.

“Ha ha very funny,” I laughed. “Sorry to cut it short but I got to start getting ready for the show and try and get more rest cause this baby is tiring me out.”

“Ok well take it easy,” he said. “I love you.”

“I will,” I replied. “I love you too bye.”

I hung up after that and went on with my business.

******

 

A week later Nick was sitting at the airport getting ready to board a flight with the guys for a show on the other west coast. They still had an hour until boarding and had nothing to do so Nick decided he’d go pick up a magazine or two to read on the flight.

As he scanned the magazines he saw Rolling Stones with the 50th anniversary of rock on the cover. Then he saw Blender Magazine who had Usher on the cover. He scanned over many other magazines on one side of the magazine rack and then went to the other side that had all the gossip type. One of the captions read, “Marriage and a baby for a Backstreet Boy?” It had a picture of Taylor walking out of a restaurant with Rascal Flatts. Another magazine had the same thing. What was happening? He grabbed the magazines and walked towards the check out with his other magazines he already had in his hand.

“This all sir?” the young lady said behind the counter.

“Yes,” he replied as he paid and then walked away with the magazines in his hands.

“What’s with all the magazines?” asked AJ.

“For the flight,” he answered. “I wanted something to read.”
“So what’d you grab?” AJ asked again.

“Rolling Stones, Blender, Sports, and a few gossip magazines that have Taylor on the cover,” he answered.

“What’s she doing on the cover?” AJ asked.

“Their talking about how she might be pregnant,” he responded.

“But she is,” AJ said.

“I know,” he said. “But no one knows but close family and friends. And she was wearing a tight shirt the day she went out with the guys to lunch.”

“Didn’t she know paparazzi was gonna be there?” AJ asked.

“Why would she?” he asked back. “She’s not in the spot light she’s just a manager.”

“But she’s with you so that means she’s gonna be in the spotlight more now,” AJ told him. “And she’s out with the guys and they’ve got the country magazines that have candid pictures of them around town.”

“True,” he started. “I never thought of that.” Just then their flight was called. “I’ll talk to her later when we land cause its time to board.”

“Why don’t you just come out and tell everyone cause they fans are gonna keep bugging us you know,” AJ said as we walked towards the gate to meet up with the other guys and take off.

“I can’t without her permission,” he replied. “She’s the one gonna be having everyone watching her at every moment since she’s having the baby.”

“True but you never know till you say something,” AJ told him as they saw the others. “Hey.”

“Hey,” they all said.

******

 

“I know I saw it in the dressing room at the venue,” I told Nick as he called after he landed in California. “I didn’t mean to have people saying stuff but I didn’t have really any clean clothes and that shirt was the only thing that went with those pants.”

“Its ok baby,” he replied. “Maybe we should tell the fans so they can stop bugging us so much.”

“Yeah maybe we should,” I agreed. “Maybe you should just have your camp come up with something about the engagement and don’t say much more then I am pregnant but nothing more.”

“Ok I’ll have someone write something up and send it off to People or something,” he said.

“Ok,” I replied as I giggled.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“Oh nothing just the baby’s kicking,” I answered. “I wish you could be here.”

“I wish I could be there too,” he said sadly wanting to be there with her to experience everything that she was going through with him. “Sorry to cut it short but I’ve got a meeting to head to I’ll call you later tonight. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied as we said our goodbyes and then hung up.

 

Song

“Be” ~ Jessica Simpson